Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683799 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

United States

#428542 Mar 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You have nothing to confront with...
What you believe and teach cannot be found in the word of God..
All that you have is traditions, old wives tales myth, and fables
and conjecture coming from carnal men...Men that are not qualified by even honorable mention in the Holy Bible.
There is no documented proof whatsoever. Outside of you (so called) Roman dynasty's history
All measure and compared... by/to the sordid history of a pagan oriented religious organization...
2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
God's standard of Christianity is far above and beyond you pagan religion...
God's standard is...righteousness and true holiness.
~~~
Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
everything the catholic church teaches can be found in the Bible they established. You know it can because we showed you.
You simply reject it. So what? You have no authority to accept or reject anything. Get in with the thousands of other self proclaimed ministers.
Fun Facts

United States

#428543 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You have nothing to confront with...
What you believe and teach cannot be found in the word of God..
All that you have is traditions, old wives tales myth, and fables
and conjecture coming from carnal men...Men that are not qualified by even honorable mention in the Holy Bible.
There is no documented proof whatsoever..."
You may have overlooked...

27 Now you are Christ’s body, and individually parts of it.i
28 Some people God has designated in the church to be, first, apostles;* second, prophets; third, teachers; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.j
http://www.usccb.org/bible/1corinthians/12
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428544 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>everything the catholic church teaches can be found in the Bible they established. You know it can because we showed you.
You simply reject it. So what? You have no authority to accept or reject anything. Get in with the thousands of other self proclaimed ministers.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I'm wondering is why you feel you have to lie about things concerning the Inquisition? Is there something about the truth that isn't compatible with what you'd like to believe... Or NEED to believe in order to hate the Church?
5 hrs Confront. That's all it took to convert a normal thinking Christian to Catholicism. I showed him his Pastors lies just like I can show one of your flock your lies. If they still stick with you, they are fools.
~~~
You have not proven that any one here that are attempting to reason with you that they are posting lies...

All you have done is tell us about your Church ...You have given no

foundational proof/reason for it's existence...

Nor have you given a Scripture where A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS EVEN REFERRED TO

IN THE OLD OR NEW SCRIPTURE...

You make the claim of seven more books that you have...But you have not referenced a Roman Catholic Church from them..

All you have is smoke and whistles, and mi rows nothing with any substancial evidence.

There is no foundation that you can show for you conjecture.

Location hidden

#428545 Mar 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If as you say - "I will put my money on the sure thing," then why ignore what Jesus implicitly tells you to do with your money?
"Sure thing," but I'll wager you're not putting your comfortable lifestyle on it.
I don't blame you. I wouldn't do what Jesus instructs us to do in the Bible either.
I suggest the Jefferson Bible. The values of a great man, minus the mysticism, often used to hide the values maybe.
450 426

Your babbling does not change facts:

He is still a dead man.....nothing more...nothing else...I could care less what the Catholics thinks he is....

I will put my money only on the sure thing...the Sacred Word of God...
Clay

United States

#428546 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
~~~
You have not proven that any one here that are attempting to reason with you that they are posting lies...
All you have done is tell us about your Church ...You have given no
foundational proof/reason for it's existence...
Nor have you given a Scripture where A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS EVEN REFERRED TO
IN THE OLD OR NEW SCRIPTURE...
You make the claim of seven more books that you have...But you have not referenced a Roman Catholic Church from them..
All you have is smoke and whistles, and mi rows nothing with any substancial evidence.
There is no foundation that you can show for you conjecture.
Perhaps you can offer an alternative scenario that makes sense on how the NT came to be Biblical?
How do we know the Books you claim to be an authority on belong in the Bible?
Hint: it took an actual Church and Bishops to decide.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428547 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Apostles 'forgot' to explain Christianity properly, which one of you 45,000 are the keepers of sacred scripture? Which one of you figured out what Christians should have understood about the faith? I've got so many to choose from; so many compounds to decide on.
They didn't forget to explain things properly. Man has decided to his own direction or chosen a cafeteria-style menu of choices from which to choose. They go with what they'd like to have rather than simply submitting to God's Will. His will is spelled out clearly for those willing to use scripture properly.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428548 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly Saban, its very easy to convert someone to Catholicism, provided:
-They are not an Ideologue. They lose the 911 conspiracy Christianity.(You ever argue with a 911 conspiracist? It sucks. Nothing will change their brain)
-You recognize the deceit coming from your ministers mouth.(lies are from the devil. If they gotta bear false witness against Catholicism, then they are not of the Holy Spirit.)
- see past the stereotypes instilled in your brain about the church.
- take the writings of the Apostolic Fathers serious. The Apostles spread the faith by word of mouth and letter. Those verses you teach on, were already explained once. If you want to know what the Apostles actually taught, read the writings of those they walked with.
-understand the Church came first. Then the Bible.
My attempt is to convert people to Christianity. I don't know the reward Catholic brings, but I understand the eternal rewards for Christianity.

#428549 Mar 18, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
27 Now you are Christ’s body, and individually parts of it.i
28 Some people God has designated in the church to be, first, apostles;* second, prophets; third, teachers; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.j
http://www.usccb.org/bible/1corinthians/12
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
~~~

I do not use links and I do not refer any one to links...

links are mostly some ones opinion...I like to know whom I receive

input from. I am careful where I feed...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428550 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of Christ yes. The Catholic Church.
The word 'Catholic' is not a noun. Its an adjective describing the Church. Christ started one Church. Catholic meaning 'universal' in communion with the Apostles..
Church is CHURCH. There is no other one Christ started.
Your definition and that of Mr. Jacksons is foreign to all that is known about the Church started on Pentecost. You guys simply saw the book of Acts and decided you were the original Church, without any evidence what-so -ever.
The evidence is in the behavior of Christ's church vs. that of the Catholic Church. The behavior of Christ's church can be found and examples can be cited for the worship they choose and God prescribed in scripture, and for the way Christ's church is to be governed, which is also spelled out in scripture.

The Catholics went about as far off the reservation on both of these subjects as a 'christian' denomination could go.

It stands to reason that if we are warned of false teachings that we would be given a measurement to judge false teachings. If scripture warns me of false teachers wouldn't it be reasonable to suggest that those same scriptures provide the proper guide for me? Therefore, I should be able to use the scriptures to point out false teaching. If something that was never recognized in scripture is being taught by a church how would that NOT be false teaching??????
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428551 Mar 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a good start.
Then you should embark on learning different cultures and their theological views, peruse the Egyptian Book of the Dead an then the Tibetan Book of the Dead to understand those cultures, and maybe even investigate the origins of "Q" - the collection of Jesus sayings/teachings.
Good luck.
What a joke.

#428552 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can offer an alternative scenario that makes sense on how the NT came to be Biblical?
How do we know the Books you claim to be an authority on belong in the Bible?
Hint: it took an actual Church and Bishops to decide.
~~~

I belong to an actual Church and I am a Bishop

I am Twice a Bishop...My middle name is Bishop and I am a Bishop in the

Church that I am a part of...

The name Bishop means keeper of the Church.

Bishop defined in in Greek
G1985
&#949;&#787;&#960; &#953;&#769;&#963; &#954;&#959;&#960; &#959;&#962;
episkopos
ep-is'-kop-os
From G1909 and G4649 (in the sense of G1983); a superintendent, that is, Christian officer in general charge of a (or the) church (literally or figuratively):- bishop, overseer.

____

Bishop defined by Websters Dictionary

Bishop
BISH'OP, n.[L. episcopus; Gr. of, over, and inspector, or visitor; to view, or inspect; whence, to visit; also, to view. This Greek and Latin word accompanied the introduction of christianity into the west and north of Europe.]

1. An overseer; a spiritual superintendent, ruler or director; applied to Christ.

Ye were as sheep going astray, but are now returned to the shepherd and bishop of your souls. 1. Pet.2.

2. In the primitive church, a spiritual overseer; an elder or presbyter; one who had the pastoral care of a church.

The same persons are in this chapter called elders or presbyters,and overseers or bishops. Scott,Comm. Acts 20.

Till the churches were multiplied, the bishops and presbyters were the same. Ib. Phil 1:1. 1. Tim.3.1. Titus 1:7.

Both the Greek and Latin fathers do, with one consent, declare, that bishops were called presbyters, and presbyters bishops, in apostolic times, the name being then common.

3. In the Greek, Latin, and some Protestant churches, a prelate, or person consecrated for the spiritual government and direction of a diocese. In Great Britain, bishops are nominated by the king, who, upon request of the dean and chapter, for leave to elect a bishop, sends a conge d'elire, or license to elect, with a letter missive, nominating the person whom he would have chosen. The election, by the chapter, must be made within twelve days, or the king has a right to appoint whom he pleases. Bishops are consecrated by an archbishop, with two assistant bishops. A bishop must be thirty years of age; and all bishops, except the bishop of Man, are peers of the realm.
Clay

United States

#428553 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
G1985
episkopos
ep-is'-kop-os
From G1909 and G4649 (in the sense of G1983); a superintendent, that is, Christian officer in general charge of a (or the) church (literally or figuratively):- bishop, overseer.
____
Bishop
BISH'OP, n.[L. episcopus; Gr. of, over, and inspector, or visitor; to view, or inspect; whence, to visit; also, to view. This Greek and Latin word accompanied the introduction of christianity into the west and north of Europe.]
1. An overseer; a spiritual superintendent, ruler or director; applied to Christ.
Ye were as sheep going astray, but are now returned to the shepherd and bishop of your souls. 1. Pet.2.
2. In the primitive church, a spiritual overseer; an elder or presbyter; one who had the pastoral care of a church.
The same persons are in this chapter called elders or presbyters,and overseers or bishops. Scott,Comm. Acts 20.
Till the churches were multiplied, the bishops and presbyters were the same. Ib. Phil 1:1. 1. Tim.3.1. Titus 1:7.
Both the Greek and Latin fathers do, with one consent, declare, that bishops were called presbyters, and presbyters bishops, in apostolic times, the name being then common.
3. In the Greek, Latin, and some Protestant churches, a prelate, or person consecrated for the spiritual government and direction of a diocese. In Great Britain, bishops are nominated by the king, who, upon request of the dean and chapter, for leave to elect a bishop, sends a conge d'elire, or license to elect, with a letter missive, nominating the person whom he would have chosen. The election, by the chapter, must be made within twelve days, or the king has a right to appoint whom he pleases. Bishops are consecrated by an archbishop, with two assistant bishops. A bishop must be thirty years of age; and all bishops, except the bishop of Man, are peers of the realm.
Interesting. Who ordained you? I can see from your bible interpretations that you teach different than say.....the Bishop of Antioch in 95 AD or the Bishop of Rome in 80 AD. Why is that?

#428554 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
G1985
episkopos
ep-is'-kop-os
____
Bishop
--->JESUS IS THE BISHOP OF MY SOUL...NOT THE POPE...

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

--->1Pe 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

#428555 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Who ordained you? I can see from your bible interpretations that you teach different than say.....the Bishop of Antioch in 95 AD or the Bishop of Rome in 80 AD. Why is that?
~~~
I CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR YOUR BISHOPS...
AS FOR ME...I DRAW MY KNOWLEDGE FROM THE WORD OF GOD,
FOUNDED IN THE FOUR GOSPELS...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428556 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke.
No - I was being serious.

Maybe you shouldn't think of others a "joking" all the time, and you may just learn something about your religion and yourself.

Thanks for responding.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#428557 Mar 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
later guys.
jethro8 - hugs, dear friend.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428558 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
450 426
Your babbling does not change facts:
He is still a dead man.....nothing more...nothing else...I could care less what the Catholics thinks he is....
I will put my money only on the sure thing...the Sacred Word of God...
Where do you find the Word of God?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428559 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We have them because that's what the Apostles established and we have no authority to undo it.
Why do you think you have the authority to undo the Priesthood?
And the:
-Eucharist?
-Baptism?
-Confession?
-Papacy?
-install your own Bible minus 7 books?
-add sola Scripture?
- change faith +works to just 'faith'?
Don't worry, in 50 yrs more fundies will arrive changing what you're teaching today. Heck, you guys are only a hundred yrs old and look what those tent revivals spawned!!
They have pulled the wool over your eyes, Clay.
All Christians are priests:

1 Peter 2:5
1 Peter 2:9
Revelation 1:6

Jesus Christ is our high Priest:

Hebrews 4:14-16
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

When one obeys the gospel of Christ, he is added to the body of Christ and is thereby part of God's holy priesthood. As priests, all can offer up spiritual sacrifices and draw nigh to God through the mediatorship of Jesus.

A sacrificing priesthood of men was indeed appointed under the law of Moses, but the animal sacrifices offered by the priests of the Old Testament were mere types and shadows of the one sacrifice made by Christ. By the one sacrifice made by Jesus, He put an end both to the Levitical priesthood and the Old Testament law.

Hebrews 7:23-25

Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Colossians 2:14-17

having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
sacrificing priesthood of men was indeed appointed under the law of Moses, but the animal sacrifices offered by the priests of the Old Testament were mere types and shadows of the one sacrifice made by Christ. By the one sacrifice made by Jesus, He put an end both to the Levitical priesthood and the Old Testament law.
Hebrews 7:23-25

Jesus is now at the right hand of God and ever lives to make intercession for His people.

Hebrews 9:24

Through the one sacrifice of Himself, He became the sole mediator through which men have access to God.

1 Timothy 2:5
Hebrews 7:26-27
Ephesians 2:18
Hebrews 5:8-9

There is no priesthood on earth that has the right to forbid each Christian to go directly to God through Christ, or to assume the authority to administer graces and obtain mercy for others. All Christians are of that royal priesthood of God, and have but one great High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Why, Clay, if you’re a Christian, would you continue to recognize the “priest” and call him “father”? It’s unscriptural, Clay.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428560 Mar 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No - I was being serious.
Maybe you shouldn't think of others a "joking" all the time, and you may just learn something about your religion and yourself.
Thanks for responding.
Seriously?!

On this topic thread, your an imbecile.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428561 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?!
On this topic thread, your an imbecile.
Nope - wrong again.

Please stop projecting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Bongo 16,324
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Gabriel 983,121
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr real 33,212
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 5 hr common sense 19
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 7 hr Disappointed US V... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 14 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
More from around the web