Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654228 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428513 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
-
You are *true followers* of the pope....nothing more.
-
The pope said murder and torture heretics - CATHOLICS DID SO.
-
The pope said call priests Father - Catholics did so.
-
and you Catholics know how long this list of "following the pope" rather than following JESUS can be. we've showed it to you over and over.
~~~

Not only do they follow their pope in the above.

They disregard the Ten Commandments and bow down to icons statues icons and idols..made in the likenesses of corruptible human beings..

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God

into an image

made like to corruptible man, and

to birds, and

fourfooted beasts, and

creeping things.

____

Their Catechism is their standard instead of the Bible..

Ignoring the fact that when they stand before God;

it will be GOD'S WORD....THE BIBLE that they will be judged by....

not the conjecture of what they call their Holy Fathers....

nor of their POPES.

___

Only the Bible has the Holy Spirits inspiration and approval...

---

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

2Ti 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2Ti 3:14 ---> But continue...

thou in the things which thou hast learned

and hast been assured of,

knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child

thou hast known the holy scriptures,

which are able to make thee wise unto salvation

through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and

is profitable for doctrine,

for reproof,

for correction,

for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect,

throughly furnished

unto all good works. <---
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428514 Mar 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 9:6 These preparations having thus been made, the priests go regularly into the first section, performing their ritual duties, 7 but into the second only the high priest goes, and he but once a year, and not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the unintentional sins of the people.
***The Epistle to the Hebrews speaks of
the high priesthood of Jesus by comparing his death and entry into heaven with the actions of the Jewish high priest who went into the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle once a year with a blood offering for himself and for the sins of his people.
**Check this out Clay:
Hebrews 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
***Like I told you Clay, we have Christ. There are no longer NT priests like your church says and of course since you belong to a cult and your thinking is clouded, you will deny everything I have posted.
Ah it all makes sense now. You brought up 'Priests' a couple hrs ago, knowing you were going to bash me over the head with scripture verses showing why Christ didn't want Priests (like the Church apparently wrongfully assumed from the first century on).
Sorry Chuck. I care what was actually taught by the Apostles. I'm not interested in what some guy has to say about it, 2,000 yr later. There is more to the faith then what your un authoritative opinion is. The NT isn't verse chapter verse/ word for word instructions.
What did you spend all weekend consulting with your elders on some traps? Lol

#428515 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah it all makes sense now. You brought up 'Priests' a couple hrs ago, knowing you were going to bash me over the head with scripture verses showing why Christ didn't want Priests (like the Church apparently wrongfully assumed from the first century on).
Sorry Chuck. I care what was actually taught by the Apostles. I'm not interested in what some guy has to say about it, 2,000 yr later. There is more to the faith then what your un authoritative opinion is. The NT isn't verse chapter verse/ word for word instructions.
What did you spend all weekend consulting with your elders on some traps? Lol
~~~
POSTED LIKE A TRUE INFIDEL...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428516 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in what some guy has to say about it, 2,000 yr later.
So you either deny this or you don't understand it...which is it?

Hebrews 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428517 Mar 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Aww now Pookie. Did I hurt your litle feelings or something? Sorry but your response was WEAKER THAN WATER.
Not at all. You prove my "weak" point nicely. If you can't refute or make sense, then call names and avoid reality.

Again....

Funny how those who "have so much to teach" others about their view of the Bible -- are somehow confined to an anonymous Topix message board.

It must be difficult for folks like this poster -- to claim to have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the entire universe -- yet their only outlet for this amazing truth is to argue with and insult others anonymously.

It's just amusing to watch. This amazing poster is correct and 99.9% of humanity is wrong, all based on....???

Me, me, me narcissism maybe?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428518 Mar 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Why do I envision you wearing a suicide vest, entering a Catholic Church??
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428519 Mar 18, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong it said they would not taste death until they see him coming in his kingdom.
Matthew 16:28
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, who shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
At the Mt of Transfiguration the same Lord they seen and later go up will come back in the same manner. Also John in his visions saw the end time events of Christ's coming.
Typical after the fact adjustment in meaning. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Many of Jesus' followers expected Him to return within their lifetimes, and that expectation was supported by several passages such as:

(Luke 21:32-33) "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away."

(Matthew 16:27-28) ".... some here will not taste death until..."

Too bad many believers were misled and died as a result.
My truth how I got here

Asheville, NC

#428521 Mar 18, 2013
My grandmother was an extremely eccentric human being.She was also one of the best in her field. Her field,Artist.Her medium,stained glass,plaster, oils on canvas and wood.Ginny made a disgusting amount of money restoring civil war paintings.She was the go to gal for such and much more.Her genera.Religion and religious icons.If your thinking Jesus,or the Mother Mary,not that type of icon.An Icon is a block of wood in all different sizes and used as a medium for oil painting.However, Ginny did paint such historical figures of the time.
There are many pieces I remember.None more than the piece when Ginny captured the image of the Heavenly Father.Was done in oil on canvas and what the minds eye could imagined.It was massive! The canvas was 10'x10'.The Heavenly Father sits on his thrown draped in a magnificent cloak that has fallen to the cut of the arm.He leans forward on his thrown with absolute authority.As if your about to get it good from Pop.His left hand gripping the arm of the thrown. His right arm at the elbow,it runs along and past the right arm of the thrown. The right hand is open,palm up and holding the world that is wrapped twice with gold ribbon.Everything painted in the piece that was gold was true twenty four kt. gold leaf.As for the face.It shall forever be seared in my,for a lack of a better word,soul.His face showed age but with an all knowing sensibility.Ginny somehow painted the kindness and love of a new mother and the disappointment of a father.All of which seemed to lie within the eyes alone.The eyes were a crystal blue.The piece seemed to be alive.Some were convinced it was.At the studio as a child the painting terrified me.Though I couldn't take my eyes off him as he did in kind.Anywhere I walked his eyes followed. Ginny noticed it was bothering me while working the piece. Never looking up said. "It's an illusion boy, a trick.I picked up in Yugoslavia".Her attempt to set me at ease failed. His build was very muscular. His hair was long,just past the crease of the trapeziums of the shoulder. It looked as if you were to touch it you would be able to feel the soft,healthy hair of a five year old.His beard,neat,long to the sternum with the same effect.His legs large and
muscular as well. His feet wore the most ordinary looking leather sandals. As I write, I wonder,why the sandals? Nothing in the blue back round.Just the being, the thrown,and his creation.It haunts me to this day for many different reasons.
I did mention Ginny was an eccentric and an unconventional artist.Most of the great
artists are as such.The piece was not spared from this.There is an unspoken rule among artist of such a genera.No artist shall capture the image of the Heavenly Father in any medium.This is why the paintings of God in the Bible will have a blur over where the face should be.In most cases an artist will paint the image of the sun or a star. As I said Ginny was an original and very
unconventional with all aspects of her life. When my father was a young lad and became a bit inquisitive of his mothers work Ginny went for nothing else,unconventional.Ginny,know ing the importance of age appropriate.Attempted the explanation, the concept of religion.As it was told to me by my father.
"For the vast number of stars in the heavens there are just as many interpretations of religion".She went on to say,"and as for the vast differences in the interpretations,there are many similar teachings in all,Know this boy.It does not matter what name you assign to the Heavenly Father. There is but only one God.We as the meek,can only interpret what we were never to understand.Develop as a human being as an adult.Never be afraid to adjust your self or your belief".Ginny watched her son process the information and waited.When my father continue his education on the subject with a question on the places of worship,Ginny asked, "Would you like to visit such places"? Continued My truth 2

Location hidden

#428522 Mar 18, 2013
447 425
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Ox!! It is YOU I do not believe, nor "ever will" believe ANY of your "man-made" bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity! You "fundies" are fooling no one but yourselves!...I know the sola scriptura "game" very well. I lived it for over 35 years It is a "bible pyramid game" of denial, distortion, lies and deceit, regarding the TRUTH of Apostolic Church History, and the TRUE interpretation of the Bible.----Jesus Christ NEVER wrote down "anything" and His Apostles who led and taught in the Early Churches in Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, Thessalonica, Galacia, etc were ALL authoritative, heirarchical, visible Churches with Bishops Elder, priests and deacons (Acts 2). The few letters, parchments, and recorded documents, from the Apostles were translated by the Early Church Fathers (the written word)in 382,393, and 397 AD to form the Canon of Scripture (there was "still no bible" as we know it today until the late 16th century. The "unwritten word or the Traditions were the only thing that was taught by the Apostles (handed down by Jesus Himself)--That was it! No bible! No written word! No "bible only" preaching! No self-interpreting "hack" ministers! Jesus initiated, formed, established AND LEFT for His followers-- His One True (Universal) Church over 2000 years ago----NOT A BIBLE --You "fundies" are a bunch of "editorialist (bible only) thumping preachers" that have become "experts" at spreading your anti-catholic heretical beliefs,among your other 42,000 Protestant contradicting and inconsistent "duped" followers -------"ALL" to your own "demise and destruction"!..... God is not--nor EVER will be --the author of your "bible only" "unbiblical" Protestant "confusion, chaos and judgmental (hodge-podge) of "RELATIVE TRUTH" (self-opinionated) denominations! There is ONLY ONE TRUTH! and that TRUTH is in Jesus Christ--in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church (THE BRIDE OF CHRIST)
My post contains not "man-made" bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity! The source of the info is from your own pope approved Bible!!!!!

Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...

Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...

#428523 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
INFIDEL DEFINED IN GREEK

G571
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#960;&#953;&#963; &#964;&#959;&#962;
apistos
ap'-is-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G4103; (actively) disbelieving, that is, without Christian faith (specifically a heathen); (passively) untrustworthy (person), or incredible (thing):- that believeth not, faithless, incredible thing, infidel, unbeliever (-ing).

INFIDEL DEFINED IN WEBSTERS DICTIONARY..

Infidel
IN'FIDEL, a.[L. infidelis; in and fidelis; faithful.]

Unbelieving; disbelieving the inspiration of the Scriptures, or the divine institution of christianity.

The infidel writer is a great enemy to society.

IN'FIDEL, n. One who disbelieves the inspiration of the Scriptures, and the divine origin of christianity.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428524 Mar 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you either deny this or you don't understand it...which is it?
No Chuck, I honestly don't know what your agenda
Is with this verse.
Are you saying there is no need for a Priesthood?

Are you saying the Apostles didn't need to ordain Bishops and Priest to carry on the tradition of the Eucharist??
That eventually, their writings would be printed so you guys can figure everything out yourselves?

Location hidden

#428525 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"I will put my money on the sure thing... The Sacred Word of God"
Ya ok dude. You mean,'you'll put your money on what YOU think the Sacred Word of God is saying'
First you have to ignore historic fact; then you need to pretend Jesus taught for us to go by sola scripture; then you pretend Our Lord willed for every 'Oxbow' to pick up a bible and teach their own Christianity; then you concoct a conspiracy scenario that adheres to your ideology...
That's called designing your own tower of Babel. Jesus and the Apostles already designed the path for us, you arrogantly ignore it, and preach a different Christianity (that honestly makes zero sense and requires one to subscribe to stupidity first)
Yeah, good luck with that, many will say 'Lord, Lord'.
Your babbling does not change facts:

He is still a dead man.....nothing more...nothing else...I could care less what the Catholics thinks he is....
You are wasting your time praying for me...you ain't gonna get me!!!!

I will put my money only on the sure thing...the Sacred Word of God...

Location hidden

#428526 Mar 18, 2013
481 425
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The church that Jesus built and the church that 3,000 souls were added to the church on the day of Pentecost was and is the Church of Christ.
Church of Christ is a Christian denomination....He built no denomination...

Proof: In Rev when He referred to the seven (7) churches...none were referred to as the Church of Christ!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428527 Mar 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What is this prayer experiment?

In summary - you prayer for something to occur to me - like "God" instills his "truth" - like you believe - into me.

I wait for "God" to talk to me.

The only parameters are:
a. You cannot tell me what you are praying for, but I will alert you of every "new" thing that occurs to me in my life, so you can tell me if any of these were what you prayed for. Pretty simple, huh? Not so fast.

b. We'll need to put a time limit on when "God" answers the prayer.
- I know, you are probably saying, "'God' has 'His' own time," and one would be considered arrogant to think they would know when "God" could complete this prayer request or not. But really, should it take a lifetime to occur? If this is your belief - then we would not be able to participate, because your faith won't allow you to put a time frame with prayer, because you dont' believe/"have faith" that "God" would do it in our time.
- The above qualifier is why most so-called "Christians" won't participate, because they don't have faith in that "God" will produce the results.

Shall we begin, or do you find the qualifiers too harsh? Why?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is against your better judgment to agree with me on anything it seems,but than again I have found this whole thread basically a constant run around of arguements and so on.
I'll agree with you on anything, that is if I find it agreeable.

So far, alot of what you have writte, I have researched and find it to be falsely stated, or incomplete. Which if you do the research too, you'll find all your answers are only of men.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have been believing in JESUS His Spirit,and how I fit into that equation my whole life,what is this great revelation you want to share?
Then why do you disregard half of teachings.

Skip what men have told you to believe, and dig deep inside of you...."why do you disregard many of the non-canonical" teachings, if "God" has never deemed them 'heresy'?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You do assume a lot,and do not express yourself NAL,really honestly.
Oh, I'm honest, sometimes too honest and it gets people angry at me.

I can live with it, as the truth does hurt sometimes. One just has to realize that they can fix the hurt.

As for making assumptions, sure why not, how else will we humans excel? Sitting around and not contemplating on better things, will leave us all on the couch watching others dictate to us what we are supposed to do. You may enjoy being told how to believe, I'll choose to believe what I want - AND TAKE ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To say we are arrogant about our faith in the Father and His Son,and the body of Christ lends to assumption on your part.
No it isn't.

So-called "Christians" have during numerous times on this forum (and others)- have basically said (I'm paraphrasing), "it is foolish to think there isn't a God".

If they have any common sense, they would admit that what they believe is what men gave them.

But lo and behold - they can't be this honest and have to lean on "their own faith" in order to achieve this belief - which I have numerously stated that would Self.....and not any god.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Lets go man,out with it,I want something I can both understand and digest!
Read many of my 18K+ posts - you'll find plenty of nuggets. In this forum, I started posting around post number 10-11K.

Other forums I've posted in are:
Why I'm no Longer a Christian.
Why are Atheists so stupid?
Christian Lies Exposed.
Prove there's a God.

And a few other ones.

Let me know if you need any clarification. If you do, please include the question.

Thanks for responding.

#428528 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I envision you wearing a suicide vest, entering a Catholic Church??
HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED THAT YOUR HALLUCINATIONS (MIGHT JUST ... COME FROM YOUR DESIRE FOR A CONTINUATION OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC INQUISITION...

Something your (so called) Church has done in the past that lasted 650 years..

That you would like to see continued toward us evangelicals, and protestants.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428529 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
INFIDEL DEFINED IN GREEK
G571
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#960;&#953;&#963; &#964;&#959;&#962;
apistos
ap'-is-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G4103; (actively) disbelieving, that is, without Christian faith (specifically a heathen); (passively) untrustworthy (person), or incredible (thing):- that believeth not, faithless, incredible thing, infidel, unbeliever (-ing).
INFIDEL DEFINED IN WEBSTERS DICTIONARY..
Infidel
IN'FIDEL, a.[L. infidelis; in and fidelis; faithful.]
Unbelieving; disbelieving the inspiration of the Scriptures, or the divine institution of christianity.
The infidel writer is a great enemy to society.
IN'FIDEL, n. One who disbelieves the inspiration of the Scriptures, and the divine origin of christianity.
What about someone who claims to be 'Confronting with the word', but doesn't teach the same as the first Christians?

What if this guy is missing 7 books from his Bible, because some guy named Luther - acting without authority - removed them. Is he an infidel for not confronting with all 'the Word'?

Location hidden

#428530 Mar 18, 2013
496 314
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ohhh. I'm surprised. You are familiar with Dr.Strongs work. Many people aren't. But be sure that if you use Dr. Strongs work that it is actually his work because there are some newer versions that claim to be by Dr. Strong but they are corrupted.
Thanks for the advice...I am confident in the source that contains his work....Greek/Hebrew....
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428531 Mar 18, 2013
The great thing about faith....

It's better than having a king, dictator, or totalitarian guru of any kind serving as the Highest Power.

Jesus said we could all have His power, several times.

Power to the individual, a totalitarian's greatest nightmare.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428532 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No Chuck, I honestly don't know what your agenda
Is with this verse.
Are you saying there is no need for a Priesthood?
Are you saying the Apostles didn't need to ordain Bishops and Priest to carry on the tradition of the Eucharist??
That eventually, their writings would be printed so you guys can figure everything out yourselves?
Stay focused Clay. No one said anything about the eucharist.

From 1 Peter:

5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture:
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone,
a cornerstone chosen and precious,
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”
7 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,
“The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”8 and “A stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense.”

They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

***all christians are priests Clay. The priests of your church are no longer Clay...sorry. You want to tell them or do you want me to?
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428533 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your babbling does not change facts:
He is still a dead man.....nothing more...nothing else...I could care less what the Catholics thinks he is....
You are wasting your time praying for me...you ain't gonna get me!!!!
I will put my money only on the sure thing...the Sacred Word of God...
If as you say - "I will put my money on the sure thing," then why ignore what Jesus implicitly tells you to do with your money?

"Sure thing," but I'll wager you're not putting your comfortable lifestyle on it.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't do what Jesus instructs us to do in the Bible either.

I suggest the Jefferson Bible. The values of a great man, minus the mysticism, often used to hide the values maybe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Joe Fortuna 973,879
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 5 min andy 45
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 13 min Johnny 832
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min nanoanomaly 64,210
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min Steve III 45,256
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min Toby 106,563
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 57 min Catcher1 9,378
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 281,905
More from around the web