Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 579,661
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
marge

Ames, IA

#428263 Mar 16, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
John said the Word was God and the Word became flesh. We also have the parallel of the children of Israel surviving on manna from Heaven while wandering in the wilderness just as we are nourished today by the Word as we wander through the wilderness of sin.
Do I think Paul wrote anything that was not completely approved by the Spirit? No. So, if as I believe, it has been completely preserved by the Spirit how is it not from God? You are right that I do hold it in the HIGHEST regard. If that is a fault, I suppose I will have to pay the consequences.
My faith is not in any church or man to interpret it for me because within scripture we read Paul instructing Timothy to study to show himself approved. Was that instruction intended only for Timothy while I am to let the church or Pope tell me what to believe? Or, was that instruction to Timothy sage advice for anyone who wishes to go to Heaven?
I know what I believe, but you may have to consult your priest for official word. Being a Christian myself, I do not have a priest between me and the High Priest.
Nice post.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428264 Mar 16, 2013
look krugovici=in circle angels
did bible ever mention angels
krug=circle
no

o well what a about time

yes they are criminals too

is that shame
noooooooooooooo
why should be

they have everything in plain

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy criminals in suits
is that shame
yes it is for all of you
but when happened its will be to late stop
you can find who stop$top
did they siting on top off gowerment as ministers lawyers pol.ice and so on
yes they are
who they are
did we need respect them
according them yes

meeeeeeeeeeeee
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
why not

nothing exist in this city
much more
merdians and other things is global
truth

Perth, Australia

#428265 Mar 16, 2013
http://bible.cc/galatians/1-12.htm
mummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm
truth

Perth, Australia

#428266 Mar 16, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428267 Mar 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? God did indeed invent gambling with the order in the OT to cast lots over the two goats to see which one would be ...well, never mind. Read about it here for yourself.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/leviticus...
You're not very familiar with the OT are you?
And I never said that getting drunk wasn't wrong but drinking alcoholic beverages IS NOT wrong. We are even told in the book of Timothy I believe to drink a little wine for our infirmities.
And there isn't a Christian alive that I would compare myself to. I desire to be better than the todays so called Christians. And I find it hard to believe that a Christians would consider themselves capable of falling short as you stated in your post above given that from my experiences with Christians of today they all seem to be a bunch of self righteous hypocrites.
I am the one that demonstrated honor and honesty by admitting in an earlier post that I am a gay man but I no longer practice homosexuality because the word of God condemns it. One thing you will never be able to call me and that is a self righteous hypocrite as many Christians tend to be.
I try to look beyond a persons fault and see a persons need and try to draw them to Christ with lovingkindness, not condemnation while at the same time admitting my own short comings.
As the Publican prayed when he was in the temple along with the self righteous Pharisee,Lord be merciful to me...A SINNER. I'll take that example.
Amen !!!!

ACTS CH:21

v: 26

And they cast their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428268 Mar 16, 2013
i am not john

i stop go to church
no any moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee

did you liked listen mass which they prepeare against your family
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

you serving evil satan devil
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428269 Mar 16, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
I don't know. Why should I believe it is inspired? You know more about the book than me. Why is it left out of most Bible's?

The apocryphal books were added to Rome's canon centuries after their Bible was canonized. These books were not written by the apostles thus never accepted as inspired.

http://carm.org/bible
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428270 Mar 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Only the Biblically Illititerate believes that the Old law was done away with. Only certain blood ordinances and ceremonial parts of the Old law were done away with. That's whay we no longer sacrifice animals and use their blood for our sin. It's because Christ replaced that part of the law and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice SO IT WOULD BE WRONG TO SACRIFICE ANIMALS TODAY. As I stated the BLOOD ORDINANCES AND CERTAIN CEREMONIAL RITUALS WERE DONE AWAY WITH but the rest of the law is still in full effect.
Remember Christ said Himself "Think not that I am come to destroy the law. I am not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it" Most Christians have absolutely NO IDEA what that verse means. They end up calling Christ a liar in essence when they claim that Christ destroyed the law when He Himself said that He didn't.
There is much I could teach you grasshoppa.
Not "self-righteous" just a little bit?

I read about you. Sounds as if there ARE things with which you have intimate familiarity that I find perverse and I don't WANT you to teach me, thank you.

Christ did fulfill the law, just as he said he did. He also taught from his own lips about marriage and it didn't look like the marriage we sometimes find in the OT that included several wives.

I'm having a hard time finding the rituals from the OT found in the NT teachings and I'm having a hard time thinking of an OT passage that teaches me about things like the The Lord's Supper or baptism.

I'm actually having a hard time figuring out how the Old Law and the New Law are the same when the blood ordinances and ceremonial parts are changed. Where's the Physical Temple? Where is the veil? Which tribe is the Levite tribe now? Who's my High Priest if not Christ? Why am I now referred to as a Priest? Am I in the correct tribe to be called a priest? Why then does the NT do this?

I suppose you're right, I must be biblically illiterate.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428271 Mar 16, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I'm sorry I answered your questions.
Why does it come as no surprise that you still didn't answer the questions in my original post to you earlier.
Well now butterbean,what question did I not answer that you desire me to answer?
marge

Ames, IA

#428272 Mar 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone know where I can buy a kite,LOL? And fyi,I wouldn't ask a five year old about sin.
some of our very young ones, one that I know was two and a half when they wanted to be baptized, and many more at 5 and up, so of course they have to know about sin.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428273 Mar 16, 2013
2 Kings 5

10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.

11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.

12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.

13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?

14 Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

15 And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel: now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

16 But he said, As the Lord liveth, before whom I stand, I will receive none. And he urged him to take it; but he refused.

17 And Naaman said, Shall there not then, I pray thee, be given to thy servant two mules' burden of earth? for thy servant will henceforth offer neither burnt offering nor sacrifice unto other gods, but unto the Lord.

18 In this thing the Lord pardon thy servant, that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leaneth on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon: when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, the Lord pardon thy servant in this thing.

19 And he said unto him, Go in peace. So he departed from him a little way.

All points to Baptism
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428274 Mar 16, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Not "self-righteous" just a little bit?
I read about you. Sounds as if there ARE things with which you have intimate familiarity that I find perverse and I don't WANT you to teach me, thank you.
Christ did fulfill the law, just as he said he did. He also taught from his own lips about marriage and it didn't look like the marriage we sometimes find in the OT that included several wives.
I'm having a hard time finding the rituals from the OT found in the NT teachings and I'm having a hard time thinking of an OT passage that teaches me about things like the The Lord's Supper or baptism.
I'm actually having a hard time figuring out how the Old Law and the New Law are the same when the blood ordinances and ceremonial parts are changed. Where's the Physical Temple? Where is the veil? Which tribe is the Levite tribe now? Who's my High Priest if not Christ? Why am I now referred to as a Priest? Am I in the correct tribe to be called a priest? Why then does the NT do this?
I suppose you're right, I must be biblically illiterate.

He's right about the sacrificial system being nailed to the cross (Col 2:14-17) God's 10C law remains forever. Jesus restated his law and told us to obey it. The faith of Jesus replaced the old sacrificial system. "Transgression of the law is sin."
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428275 Mar 16, 2013
In Roman Catholicism, additional books were added in 1546. These books are known as the apocryphal books: Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, The Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), and Baruch. I need to add here that Roman Catholicism maintains that the apocrypha was always inspired along with the Eastern Orthodox, Coptic and Armenian churches. The Protestant movement has not accepted the apocrypha.
http://carm.org/what-canon
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428276 Mar 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? God did indeed invent gambling with the order in the OT to cast lots over the two goats to see which one would be ...well, never mind. Read about it here for yourself.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/leviticus...
You're not very familiar with the OT are you?
And I never said that getting drunk wasn't wrong but drinking alcoholic beverages IS NOT wrong. We are even told in the book of Timothy I believe to drink a little wine for our infirmities.
And there isn't a Christian alive that I would compare myself to. I desire to be better than the todays so called Christians. And I find it hard to believe that a Christians would consider themselves capable of falling short as you stated in your post above given that from my experiences with Christians of today they all seem to be a bunch of self righteous hypocrites.
I am the one that demonstrated honor and honesty by admitting in an earlier post that I am a gay man but I no longer practice homosexuality because the word of God condemns it. One thing you will never be able to call me and that is a self righteous hypocrite as many Christians tend to be.
I try to look beyond a persons fault and see a persons need and try to draw them to Christ with lovingkindness, not condemnation while at the same time admitting my own short comings.
As the Publican prayed when he was in the temple along with the self righteous Pharisee,Lord be merciful to me...A SINNER. I'll take that example.
So gambling is Ok?

Are you saying it is even taught as an ordinance?

How much should I gamble? Is 10% the rule??

I've not been gambling because I've always been taught not to squander the money entrusted to me by God and as a steward I have felt a responsibility to be faithful with it based on the verses I've read such as Luke 16:10-11, Rev. 21:8 and Col. 3:17.

But since you are a a self-proclaimed expert in the OT scriptures and say we are still under the Old Law with the exception of Sacrifices and a few other ordinances, perhaps you could share our scriptural need to gamble with which I've been unfamiliar.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428277 Mar 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
some of our very young ones, one that I know was two and a half when they wanted to be baptized, and many more at 5 and up, so of course they have to know about sin.
For the sake of argument, lets assume that your are telling the truth..

However, any one who thinks that a two and a half year old, and/or a five year old, wanted to be baptized because they understood the meaning of sin, is way yonder past moronic!!!

SIN: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

Even if you read that definition to one of that age, he would have no idea what you were talking about...

At that age, his reading and understanding ability is at this level:

See the white cat.
See the black cat.
See the white and black cat.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428278 Mar 16, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right about the sacrificial system being nailed to the cross (Col 2:14-17) God's 10C law remains forever. Jesus restated his law and told us to obey it. The faith of Jesus replaced the old sacrificial system. "Transgression of the law is sin."
Amen !!!

Matthew 22:40

King James Version (KJV)

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428279 Mar 16, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Law of Moses was nailed to the cross and I haven't denied that point.

Matt5:17-18

There are numerous valuable lessons and principals in the Old Law, but we are no longer bound to it.

Rom. 15:4

Heb. 8:7-9, 13; Jeremiah 31: 31-34; Col. 2:14; Eph. 2: 14-16
marge

Ames, IA

#428281 Mar 16, 2013
Hey Sabanfan!:)

Can you say your Faith in Jesus Saved you, and your water-baptism had nothing to do with saving you?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428282 Mar 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Noooo sister Marge. At that age they are too young and immature to fully comprehend what baptizing and sin and what have you means and what it's all about. That's why I do not believe in baptizing infants and the very young. Maturity and accountability which is something that kids that young simply does not possess. And if your pastor baptizes 2 1/2 year old kids then he has no business being the leader in the house of the Lord.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428283 Mar 16, 2013
Night Folks !!!

It has been quite interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Clearwater 610,082
Bug tracking-The smart way to assure software q... 57 min jlcbangalore 1
Panfu Hack 2013 | Free Coins (Oct '13) 1 hr Anonymous 11
can i get a little help from the guys? 1 hr Jessika1995 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr PELE78 818,788
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 2 hr richyric 17
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 2,101
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 270,227
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 40,005
More from around the web