Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650036 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428473 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly Saban, its very easy to convert someone to Catholicism, provided:
-They are not an Ideologue. They lose the 911 conspiracy Christianity.(You ever argue with a 911 conspiracist? It sucks. Nothing will change their brain)
-You recognize the deceit coming from your ministers mouth.(lies are from the devil. If they gotta bear false witness against Catholicism, then they are not of the Holy Spirit.)
- see past the stereotypes instilled in your brain about the church.
- take the writings of the Apostolic Fathers serious. The Apostles spread the faith by word of mouth and letter. Those verses you teach on, were already explained once. If you want to know what the Apostles actually taught, read the writings of those they walked with.
-understand the Church came first. Then the Bible.
My Bible states In the beginning was the WORD.
Then it was given to the prophets then the apostles.
Starting with the Church in the wilderness under Moses.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428474 Mar 18, 2013
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
HoJO,
If we indeed adhere to "half truth", then we have been deceived into an entire lie,
For Messiah-Jesus is either 100% truth or 100% lie. Something to consider
Likewise the Catholic Church is either 100% truth in teachings or completely a lie.
1. They can trace their roots directly to the Apostles. They have the early Church writings to prove it.

2. Christ promised the gates of hell wouldn't prevail and He would be with His Church until the end.

3. They established the Bible and authoritatively decided on the authenticity of the canon in the 4th century. The Bible is in effect, theirs to safeguard and interpret. You would have no knowledge of a NT if it were not for them.

Therefore, the Holy Spirit either guided them for a moment or two. Then left for 1200 yrs until one o you guys were revealed the true meaning Christianity. Or, Christ was serious when He promised to be with His Church until the end of time.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428475 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
-understand the Church came first. Then the Bible.
Clay, you keep saying this. Then why does the NT say that all christians are priests. The NT has no record of an infant being baptized...none.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428476 Mar 18, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Study Gods word and show thyself approved and hold true to his teachings as the Holy Spirit Guides YOU not some denomination with man made traditions.
It is good to assemble ourselves together for the hearing of Gods Word but then search the scriptures to see if it be so.
First you mean, pretend certain things exist prior to searching the scriptures.(sola scripture)
Then, convince yourself that the Church who gave us the scriptures are the 'Whore of Babylon'.
Then pretend the early Church fathers got it 'all wrong' when the Apostles verbally explained the faith to them. THEN, pretend Jesus Christ (although He never commanded a Bible be written for Christianity) waited until the printing press was established in the 15th century to bring His real Ministry to the world!
Then voila! You're are set and can open up your own storefront church and declare yourself a minister and authority on sacred scripture!
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#428477 Mar 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Okay now STOP people. There is a whole lot of confusion on whether or not the law is still relevant today. I want everyone of you to stop what you're doing and read the following lesson and start at verse 17. It should help clear up this "law" business. Read it CAREFULLY.
http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew5.htm
Start at verse 17. This lesson was done by one of my mentors and you guys really I MEAN REALLY NEED TO READ THIS.

k
Ill read it. Hindsight from my experience states the bulk of the LAW applies Where it does not Messiah makes it known, Otherwise the Scripture States so .Much of law has yet to be fulfilled, Messiah stated" I have come to fulfill the law.

Thus the Law is still in effect.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#428478 Mar 18, 2013
It is my heartfelt hope we can join our differences ( our strengths), and unite as a single body of Messiah of Christ. Our Lord, Savior And friend. Amen
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428479 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Im wondering why the weekly bulletin at the Cathedral of Saint Paul had a picture of the new Pope with the title Pope Francis I.
I have not heard anything official. But Fr Rob's statement makes the most sense.
Rob appears correct.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/1...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428480 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First you mean, pretend certain things exist prior to searching the scriptures.(sola scripture)
Then, convince yourself that the Church who gave us the scriptures are the 'Whore of Babylon'.
Then pretend the early Church fathers got it 'all wrong' when the Apostles verbally explained the faith to them. THEN, pretend Jesus Christ (although He never commanded a Bible be written for Christianity) waited until the printing press was established in the 15th century to bring His real Ministry to the world!
Then voila! You're are set and can open up your own storefront church and declare yourself a minister and authority on sacred scripture!
If you new Gods word you would know that it was for his chosen people up until the time it went out to the gentiles (world). No printing presses had not been iinvented at that time however they did have scribes who recorded what the prophets and the apostles was revealed by the Hoy Spirit.
It Is Written the Gopsel would go out unto all the world then the end would come.
Everything in it's time and order as intended.
Let It Be Written, Let It Be Said.......

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#428481 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...
Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
The church that Jesus built and the church that 3,000 souls were added to the church on the day of Pentecost was and is the Church of Christ.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428482 Mar 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, you keep saying this. Then why does the NT say that all christians are priests. The NT has no record of an infant being baptized...none.
The NT says that all Christians are Priests and so does the Catholic Church (check the Catechism).

The NT does not say infants were NOT Baptized either.
Read the writings of Church father Iraneaus who was born around 115 AD and was a product of Christian parents and not a convert (a cradle Catholic) He studied under Polycarp - who knew the Apostle John personally.
"Jesus came to save all through Himself. All I say is all, through Him are reborn unto God. Infants and children, youth and old men. Therefore He (Jesus) passed through every age. Becoming an infant for infants; sanctifying infants; a child for children; sanctifying children of that age."
"for we are lepers in sin, made clean by the sacred water and the invocation of the Lord from our old transgressions; being spiritually regenerated as newborn babies, even as the lord hath declared 'except that a man be born through water and the spirit he shalt not enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

Also

"Baptize first the children, if they can speak for themselves, let them do so. Otherwise let their parents or relatives speak for them"

Hippolytus ( Disciple of Iraneus)
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428483 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>If you new Gods word you would know that it was for his chosen people up until the time it went out to the gentiles (world). No printing presses had not been iinvented at that time however they did have scribes who recorded what the prophets and the apostles was revealed by the Hoy Spirit.
It Is Written the Gopsel would go out unto all the world then the end would come.
It is also written that the end would come in some of the Apostles lifetimes.

This is reported in more than one Gospel. It may have played a role in the Jewish uprising.

The Gospel has been spread worldwide. Still no end.

Using the Bible, Falwell, Robinson, and many other famous ministers throughout the ages have predicted the end of times.

Imagine an Almanac in which the sun, moon, and tide charts were all wrong. You had to adjust everything after the fact in order for it to be "true."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#428484 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>If you new Gods word you would know that it was for his chosen people up until the time it went out to the gentiles (world). No printing presses had not been iinvented at that time however they did have scribes who recorded what the prophets and the apostles was revealed by the Hoy Spirit.
When Paul completed his letters he would send it to the churches to start the process of the letters being read and spread to the rest of the believers throughout the area.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428485 Mar 18, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Wayne Jackson knows the bible inside and out. The catholic church is the biggest deceiver of man than any other false religious institution in the world.
I only know of Wayne Jackson thru the links of his essays you guys post. And from those, I see he is a false teacher.
He knows the Bible 'inside and out' just like the devil.
The man has reversed what the Apostles taught- just like the devil. Nothing in this man's theology is on par with earlier understandings of Christianity. He simply declared himself a pope and authority on sacred scripture, and directed a conspiracy scenario on the ministry of Jesus Christ, and thousands have listened to him. His pride will be the cause of his fall.
The man can't seem to preach a theological point without bearing false witness against the Catholic Church. Therefore his opinions on sacred scripture cannot stand on its own merit. In short, he has to lie to convince you guys he 'knows the Bible inside and out'.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428486 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT says that all Christians are Priests and so does the Catholic Church (check the Catechism).
The NT does not say infants were NOT Baptized either.
Read the writings of Church father Iraneaus who was born around 115 AD and was a product of Christian parents and not a convert (a cradle Catholic) He studied under Polycarp - who knew the Apostle John personally.
"Jesus came to save all through Himself. All I say is all, through Him are reborn unto God. Infants and children, youth and old men. Therefore He (Jesus) passed through every age. Becoming an infant for infants; sanctifying infants; a child for children; sanctifying children of that age."
"for we are lepers in sin, made clean by the sacred water and the invocation of the Lord from our old transgressions; being spiritually regenerated as newborn babies, even as the lord hath declared 'except that a man be born through water and the spirit he shalt not enter the Kingdom of Heaven"
Also
"Baptize first the children, if they can speak for themselves, let them do so. Otherwise let their parents or relatives speak for them"
Hippolytus ( Disciple of Iraneus)
Instead of posting crap, post me a verse in the NT as to where an infant was baptized. Thanks
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428487 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text> The church that Jesus built and the church that 3,000 souls were added to the church on the day of Pentecost was and is the Church of Christ.
Church of Christ yes. The Catholic Church.

The word 'Catholic' is not a noun. Its an adjective describing the Church. Christ started one Church. Catholic meaning 'universal' in communion with the Apostles..
Church is CHURCH. There is no other one Christ started.
Your definition and that of Mr. Jacksons is foreign to all that is known about the Church started on Pentecost. You guys simply saw the book of Acts and decided you were the original Church, without any evidence what-so -ever.
Papacy

Germany

#428488 Mar 18, 2013
Protect the marriage as a union btw a man and a woman.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428489 Mar 18, 2013
When the Pope wears the red brim hat called a Saturno modled after the planet Saturn he is signifying he is ruler and chief over the 7 planetary gods of this world in which the weeks are named after and head of the Vatican. This represents Satan his self in which the RCC is the repository of every false doctine and pagan religion that has ever been and is known as Babylon the Great.

The days of the week by God where called First, second etc. seventh day. Man added the names which are pagan in orgin.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428490 Mar 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of posting crap, post me a verse in the NT as to where an infant was baptized. Thanks
You're claiming no infants were Baptized per scripture. You're the sola scripture guy...show me where the Apostles said "do not Baptize infants until they are old enough".
You believe that, right? It should be easy then.

Guess what, Chuck. Your new and strange teaching on Baptism is about 150 yrs old if that .

Mine is at least 1850 yrs old per the writings of the Apostolic Fathers. You embrace some guys opinion on this teaching.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428491 Mar 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how those who "have so much to teach" others about their view of the Bible -- are somehow confined to an anonymous Topix message board.
It must be difficult for folks like this poster -- to have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the entire universe -- yet their only outlet for this amazing truth is to argue with and insult others anonymously.
Of course, it beats being laughed at to their face.
At least a few folks who possess the same absolute truth have the guts to stand on a street corner holding a cross to spout their wisdom publicly.
But others do so anonymously because they do not posses the backbone of a grasshoppa.
LOL
Aww now Pookie. Did I hurt your litle feelings or something? Sorry but your response was WEAKER THAN WATER.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428492 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text> The church that Jesus built and the church that 3,000 souls were added to the church on the day of Pentecost was and is the Church of Christ.
Church of Christ yes. The Catholic Church.

The word 'Catholic' is not a noun. Its an adjective describing the Church. Christ started one Church. Catholic meaning 'universal' in communion with the Apostles..
Church is CHURCH. There is no other one Christ started.
Your definition and that of Mr. Jacksons is foreign to all that is known about the Church started on Pentecost. You guys simply saw the book of Acts and decided you were the original Church, without any evidence what-so -ever..... JETHRO:your both wrong, Jesus did not call his church catholic or any other name,he simply said "MY CHURCH",anything other than that is a false statement amplified even more so by the fact that there is no scripture where Jesus gives his church a name, Ignatius was the first person to call the rpc church catholic not god or Jesus,and it most definitely would not be the catholic church,it's sinful and corrupt,it cares only about itself, and not the words of god/Jesus and it's followers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Clearwater 55,969
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 44,931
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 56 min andet1987 2,308
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr wow 121,881
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 1 hr baranfoto 727
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,894
bambam 2 hr brandy trujillo 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web