Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670183 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428458 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I agree with you on the stuff about Santa and the Easter bunny! We know it is historically paga and as adults we know it's simply false to boot. And we teach our kids this stuff and expect them to believe there is a God! Then we tell them we were lying all along and that Santa and the Easter bunny are nothing but a story, but that there really is a God. No wonder there is so much confusion, huh? My heart was broken when I found out there was no Santa! I wasn't so crazy about the Easter bunny.
-
It seems those who want the truth are trying to escape pagan rites and rituals a step at a time. So. I guess the way to do it is to start there. If a church teaches about Santa and the Easter bunny ... get away from it. Because if they teach stuff that is not Biblical, just because it's *fun* for the kids, they are inadvertently teaching their kids that the REAL TRUTH is not important and that lying is OK and sometimes even a GOOD thing to do.
-
Oh, jethro8, I am a girl, yep, just a woman who wants the truth, too. I hate to be lied to as much as you apparently do. People who lie to you believe you don't deserve to have the truth - but somehow they themselves deserve to know the truth - and usually liars LIE to gain unfair advantage of another. And we know what God's Word says about the Father of the Lie. I guess we can say that we have The Father of the Truth, and The Father of the Lie!
-
-
I found more verses showing the difference between Jesus and God the Father and posted them, and now I need to find them again, as well.
rotflmao,you must forgive me,i thought you were a man all this time,so sorry. and going by the way the church thinks/treats women,i'm surprised they let you on this forum,according to them you are a second class citizen,you have no purpose except to create life and obey man,what you think is meaningless to the church,your job as someone else posted,is to do all the chores around the church and rectory,make sure there is no snow blocking a priests,bishops etc. path,sweep and vacuum all floors and rugs,and offer no opinion concerning church matters,being a nun places you into slavery.be seen but not heard.

usa

#428459 Mar 18, 2013
off to get my morning paper,see you guys later.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428460 Mar 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles went around starting numerous churches. The believers were never meant to be a large wealthy church. We are told "narrow is the path and few that find it." The false church in Rev 18 is described as decked in gold and jewels (wealthy) committing fornication / having relations with the kings of the earth.
Right. And there is no suggestion that they are not self-governing (appointing Elders (or Bishops) and Deacons only) with Christ as their head.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428461 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It took me about 5 hrs to convert an anti Catholic co -worker to Catholicism. The funny thing is, I didn't even try. I just answered his questions. I gave him helpful links. I showed him where his minister was being untruthful in his false accusations about Catholicism.
My co worker is not an ignorant man.
He came back the next day and said he's going to be received into the Catholic Church.
The Holy Spirit did it. Once someone quits playing stupid and inventing conspiracy scenarios to help their ideology (this has no place in Christianity)
The Holy Spirit is allowed to work into your lives.
Right now, you guys shut the door on truth with your own arrogance.
2 Cor. 11:14

(Who's shutting the door on truth? Who is sitting in a highly modified version of the church that existed in the scriptures?????- how can you justify this other than your claim that you are the church that Christ built simply because you are in possession of some items? Finders keepers???)
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#428462 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. And there is no suggestion that they are not self-governing (appointing Elders (or Bishops) and Deacons only) with Christ as their head.
Since the Apostles 'forgot' to explain Christianity properly, which one of you 45,000 are the keepers of sacred scripture? Which one of you figured out what Christians should have understood about the faith? I've got so many to choose from; so many compounds to decide on.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#428463 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Cor. 11:14
(Who's shutting the door on truth? Who is sitting in a highly modified version of the church that existed in the scriptures?????- how can you justify this other than your claim that you are the church that Christ built simply because you are in possession of some items? Finders keepers???)
Honestly Saban, its very easy to convert someone to Catholicism, provided:

-They are not an Ideologue. They lose the 911 conspiracy Christianity.(You ever argue with a 911 conspiracist? It sucks. Nothing will change their brain)

-You recognize the deceit coming from your ministers mouth.(lies are from the devil. If they gotta bear false witness against Catholicism, then they are not of the Holy Spirit.)

- see past the stereotypes instilled in your brain about the church.

- take the writings of the Apostolic Fathers serious. The Apostles spread the faith by word of mouth and letter. Those verses you teach on, were already explained once. If you want to know what the Apostles actually taught, read the writings of those they walked with.

-understand the Church came first. Then the Bible.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428464 Mar 18, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrmph.
Rookie mistake.
He's not Francis the first until there is a Francis the Second.
Until the, he is simply Pope Francis.
Rob
Thanks Rob, I had been searching for that. Good to get some factual information here - intermixed with all the "love."

Question - what are you seeing as far as the average Priest's reaction to the new Pope?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#428465 Mar 18, 2013
Little Black Train

There's a little black train a-comin'
Better set your business right
And it may be here tonight

Go tell that ballroom lady
All dressed in the worldly pride
That death's dark train is coming
Prepare to take a ride

God sent to Hezekiah
A message from on high
You better set your house in order
For you must surely die

He turned to the wall in weeping
We see and hear his tears
He got his business fixed all right
God spared him fifteen years

We see that train with engine
And one small baggage car
Your idle thoughts and wicked deeds
Will stop at the judgment bar

That poor young man in darkness
Cares not for the gospel light
Til suddenly he hears the whistle blow
And the little black train in sight

Have mercy on me Lord
Please come and set me right
Before he got his business fixed
The train rolled in that night
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#428466 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Apostles 'forgot' to explain Christianity properly, which one of you 45,000 are the keepers of sacred scripture? Which one of you figured out what Christians should have understood about the faith? I've got so many to choose from; so many compounds to decide on.

Time to dial all those Scriptures Brother. Remember Satan is the master of confusion. Messiah-Jesus is the teacher of all revenant, yes Jesus will in HIS time working with you pull all "45" tighter for you. That is his love for you.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#428467 Mar 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones who are questioning the biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His (One and only) TRUE Catholic/Christian Church, that was (initiated) by Jesus HIMSELF, are you bible only "fundies" who base their "entire (half-truth Christian beliefs" condemning, judging and attacking the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ, HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and TRUE CHURCH HISTORY authenticated from both Catholic and Protestant Apologistio authors and historian writers........EVERY ONE of your other 42,000 contradicting "editorializing (bible only Protestants" ---ALL DISAGREE WITH EACH OTHER and you, Confrinting are "no different"!---The only variation in your ministry from other Protestants, is that you "haphazardly" list a bunch of bible verses and then add your own hostility and "vengeance" to your personal (mis-interpretation) of those bible verses by "editorializing your own anti-catholic "personal opinion" to whatever bible verses you have chosen that "fits into your heretical preaching"

HoJO,

If we indeed adhere to "half truth", then we have been deceived into an entire lie,

For Messiah-Jesus is either 100% truth or 100% lie. Something to consider
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428468 Mar 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rob, I had been searching for that. Good to get some factual information here - intermixed with all the "love."
Question - what are you seeing as far as the average Priest's reaction to the new Pope?
Im wondering why the weekly bulletin at the Cathedral of Saint Paul had a picture of the new Pope with the title Pope Francis I.
I have not heard anything official. But Fr Rob's statement makes the most sense.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#428469 Mar 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
Little Black Train
Better set your business right
And it may be here tonight
Go tell that ballroom lady
All dressed in the worldly pride
That death's dark train is coming
Prepare to take a ride
God sent to Hezekiah
A message from on high
You better set your house in order
For you must surely die
He turned to the wall in weeping
We see and hear his tears
He got his business fixed all right
God spared him fifteen years
We see that train with engine
And one small baggage car
Your idle thoughts and wicked deeds
Will stop at the judgment bar
That poor young man in darkness
Cares not for the gospel light
Til suddenly he hears the whistle blow
And the little black train in sight
Have mercy on me Lord
Please come and set me right
Before he got his business fixed
The train rolled in that night

AMEN
MICHAEL

Canada

#428470 Mar 18, 2013

If Pope Francis is going to lead the way (its early yet) to make the churh operations run more efficiently, transparently, and get rid of any duplication and wasteful spending than that will definetly resinate as a positive for catholics and the church overall.

Accountability is the new word in the catholic church, and if anyone can go the course Pope Francis seems to be the right guy.

There is no one on the earth that can make everyone happy, but truth, honesty and integrity can help mend a lot of broken fences. Pope Francis just might be the one that can do that.

usa

#428471 Mar 18, 2013
here's a sick statement but not surprising,since it's coming from a perverted church:JOHANNESBURG (Reuters)- A South African cardinal who helped elect Pope Francis this week has told the BBC pedophilia is an illness and not a crime.
Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier, the Catholic Archbishop of Durban, told BBC Radio 5 on Saturday that pedophilia was a "disorder" that needed to be treated.
"From my experience, pedophilia is actually an illness. It's not a criminal condition, it's an illness," he said.
Napier said he knew of at least two priests who became pedophiles after they were abused as children.
"Now don't tell me that those people are criminally responsible like somebody who chooses to do something like that. I don't think you can really take the position and say that person deserves to be punished. He was himself damaged."
The Catholic Church has had its image deeply tarnished by a widespread child sex abuse scandal.
Napier was one of the 115 cardinals in the Vatican conclave that elected Pope Francis on Wednesday, the BBC reported......JETHRO:This guy must be guilty of molesting children himself,and this is his way of trying to cover up or lesson is punishment if he is found guilty. OF COURSE pedophilia is an illness,but it is still a CRIME to have sex with anyone under the age of 17 in most states and countries,and this guy voted for a new pope?going by this statement,it shows the church is doing very little about the abuse scandal,it's another atrocity they are trying to sweep under the rug instead of really fixing the problem. once again the church comes out looking like the joke that it is. how many more cardinals have the same attitude that this guy does? he just made the new popes job even harder,people around the world are going to see this and more will be walking away from the church. i e-mailed this to my friends and encouraged them to e-mail there friends to draw as much attention to this outlandish,sickening statement,also sending this to the news stations here in boston in hopes they'll mention it so more people will be informed,and will be sending it to the big three newspapers in mass. also. another good day for the "so called true church" true church my @$$.nothing but a power/money hungry den of sins.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428472 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Study Gods word and show thyself approved and hold true to his teachings as the Holy Spirit Guides YOU not some denomination with man made traditions.

It is good to assemble ourselves together for the hearing of Gods Word but then search the scriptures to see if it be so.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428473 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly Saban, its very easy to convert someone to Catholicism, provided:
-They are not an Ideologue. They lose the 911 conspiracy Christianity.(You ever argue with a 911 conspiracist? It sucks. Nothing will change their brain)
-You recognize the deceit coming from your ministers mouth.(lies are from the devil. If they gotta bear false witness against Catholicism, then they are not of the Holy Spirit.)
- see past the stereotypes instilled in your brain about the church.
- take the writings of the Apostolic Fathers serious. The Apostles spread the faith by word of mouth and letter. Those verses you teach on, were already explained once. If you want to know what the Apostles actually taught, read the writings of those they walked with.
My Bible states In the beginning was the WORD.
Then it was given to the prophets then the apostles.
Starting with the Church in the wilderness under Moses.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428474 Mar 18, 2013
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
HoJO,
If we indeed adhere to "half truth", then we have been deceived into an entire lie,
For Messiah-Jesus is either 100% truth or 100% lie. Something to consider
Likewise the Catholic Church is either 100% truth in teachings or completely a lie.
1. They can trace their roots directly to the Apostles. They have the early Church writings to prove it.

2. Christ promised the gates of hell wouldn't prevail and He would be with His Church until the end.

3. They established the Bible and authoritatively decided on the authenticity of the canon in the 4th century. The Bible is in effect, theirs to safeguard and interpret. You would have no knowledge of a NT if it were not for them.

Therefore, the Holy Spirit either guided them for a moment or two. Then left for 1200 yrs until one o you guys were revealed the true meaning Christianity. Or, Christ was serious when He promised to be with His Church until the end of time.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428475 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, you keep saying this. Then why does the NT say that all christians are priests. The NT has no record of an infant being baptized...none.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428476 Mar 18, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Study Gods word and show thyself approved and hold true to his teachings as the Holy Spirit Guides YOU not some denomination with man made traditions.
It is good to assemble ourselves together for the hearing of Gods Word but then search the scriptures to see if it be so.
First you mean, pretend certain things exist prior to searching the scriptures.(sola scripture)
Then, convince yourself that the Church who gave us the scriptures are the 'Whore of Babylon'.
Then pretend the early Church fathers got it 'all wrong' when the Apostles verbally explained the faith to them. THEN, pretend Jesus Christ (although He never commanded a Bible be written for Christianity) waited until the printing press was established in the 15th century to bring His real Ministry to the world!
Then voila! You're are set and can open up your own storefront church and declare yourself a minister and authority on sacred scripture!
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#428477 Mar 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Okay now STOP people. There is a whole lot of confusion on whether or not the law is still relevant today. I want everyone of you to stop what you're doing and read the following lesson and start at verse 17. It should help clear up this "law" business. Read it CAREFULLY.
http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew5.htm
Start at verse 17. This lesson was done by one of my mentors and you guys really I MEAN REALLY NEED TO READ THIS.

k
Ill read it. Hindsight from my experience states the bulk of the LAW applies Where it does not Messiah makes it known, Otherwise the Scripture States so .Much of law has yet to be fulfilled, Messiah stated" I have come to fulfill the law.

Thus the Law is still in effect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min RiversideRedneck 99,754
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dogs breath 286,433
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 6 hr The Guy 1
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 7 hr Sky Writer 31 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,260
The cosmic comedian is scott alan harrold copyr... 8 hr scottaharrold 1
cosmic comedy copyrighted by scott alan harrold 8 hr scottaharrold 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Joe Fortuna 980,042
More from around the web