Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
412,701 - 412,720 of 533,669 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
This was said of just Peter but the entire churchof believers. And no we do not have any authority to change God's law. There are warnings for changing any part of the Bible in Rev 22.
<quoted text>
There are no Biblical popes. However with this White character I was caught up in that for a while (10 years) so can comment, briefly. Catholics too have many mystics they claim get revelation from God. We are told in the Bible our sons and daughter will dream dreams and have visions. So, each claim has to be looked at seriously. If it agrees with the Bible then there may be something usefull. However today im of the opinion these dreams and visions are for the individual's own personal use as led by the Holy spirit, and not to lead others since there is no way to verify anything new.
Ellen White did not invent the Sabbath. There are over 500 denominations who keep the correct 7th day Sabbath. She is wrong about some things (not as much as the Catholic) but not wrong about the Sabbath.
Catholics are not bound by any Bible Scripture not to change God's Law...

For starters...The have changed the Ten Commandments to fit their own teaching....they "corrected" God....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>gonna call you aliar on this statement since the bible DOESNT SAY A SEED WAS PLACED IN MARYS WOMB AND LIKE THE DEVIL WORSHIPPER, THE WORD [SEED] THAT IS USED IN GENESIS IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH, NOTHING MORE.
SINCE YOU WORK IN A HOSPITAL, WHY DONT YOU GO TO YOUR OB/GYN SECTION AND ASK ANY DOCTOR IF A SPIRIT CAN GET A FLESHLY WOMAN PREGNANT, AND WHEN YOU DO THE WHOLE HOSPITAL WILL WONDER WHY HE IS LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOU.LOL
Preston,what are you saying? Is anything impossible with G o d?"By the Holy Spirit", a virgin is made pregnant. Come on let's not make too much out of artificial insemination.No, preston,I do not intend to ask Ob/GYN about the Virgin Birth,we have to believe it,it is a mystery of faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
Q.
Why do Catholics call their priests "Father" despite the fact that Christ said: "Call no man on earth your father; for one is your Father, who is in heaven"!(Matt. 23:9).
A.
Catholics call their priests "Father" because in
all matters pertaining to Christ's holy faith they
perform the duties of a father, representing God.
The priest is the agent of the Christian's
supernatural birth and sustenance in the world.
"Father" is a title which does not conflict in the
slightest with Matthew 23:9. Christ forbids the
Christian to acknowledge any fatherhood which
conflicts with the Fatherhood of God just as He
commands the Christian to "hate" his father,
mother, wife, and his own life, insofar as these
conflict with the following of Christ.(Luke
14:26). But Christ does not forbid Christians to
call His own representatives by the name of
"Father." Catholic priests share in the
priesthood of Jesus Christ (not a human
priesthood), and their sacred ministry partakes of
the Fatherhood of God. Like St. Paul (himself a
Catholic priest), every Catholic priest can refer
to the souls he has spiritually begotten as his
children in Christ.(1 Cor. 4:14). St. Paul
considered himself to be the spiritual father, in
Christ, of the Corinthians: "For if you have ten
thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many
fathers. For in Christ Jesus, by the gospel, I
have begotten you." (I Cor. 4:15). The title of
"Father" is entirely proper for an ordained priest
of Jesus Christ.
What a crock!!!!!

Christ said: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Catholics say: God got it wrong again...it is O.K. to call the priest "Father"...and they do....
Protestant Glasgow

Clydebank, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

The Pope of Rome is the anti Christ.

The Reformed Protestant Faiths are the true religions of the world.

No Pope of Rome.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<continued to Pad>
<quoted text>
Still thinking what pleases "God" and what doesn't?
*sighs*
Are you ever honest?
<quoted text>
*sighs*
<quoted text>
Then participate in my "prayer experiment".
Or are you afraid it will fail, thus showing your ritual is a false teaching?
<quoted text>
Self. Thanks for proving my point.
<quoted text>
Self again.
<quoted text>
Except through honesty, you only believe in a portion of Jesus, but refuse to admit this.
<quoted text>
It does? How?
Please show me where. Maybe you can get "God" to show me through praying for "Him" to guide me.
How 'bout it? Shall we start the pray experiment? It would answer all these questions.
Unless you are afraid of failure (which is also a product of Self)?
IMO - you have alot of strings dangling, and it appears that on any given day of the week, you really don't know which string to pull in order to make your day work for you the way you want. Self.
Why don't you believe Jesus' teachings about the Spirit and Self?
What is this prayer experiment? It is against your better judgment to agree with me on anything it seems,but than again I have found this whole thread basically a constant run around of arguements and so on.

I have been believing in JESUS His Spirit,and how I fit into that equation my whole life,what is this great revelation you want to share?

You do assume a lot,and do not express yourself NAL,really honestly.To say we are arrogant about our faith in the Father and His Son,and the body of Christ lends to assumption on your part.Lets go man,out with it,I want something I can both understand and digest!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
Q. Why do Catholics believe that Peter the Apostle was the first Pope, when the word "Pope" doesn't even appear in Catholic Bibles?
Q. Just where does the Pope get his authority to rule over the Catholic Church?
A.
"True, the word "Pope" doesn't appear in the Bible but then neither do the words "Trinity," "Incarnation," "Ascension" and "Bible" appear in the Bible. However, they are referred to by other names. The Bible, for example, is referred to as
"Scripture." The Pope, which means head bishop of
the Church, is referred to as the "rock" of the
Church, or as the "shepherd" of the Church.
Christ used that terminology when He appointed the
Apostle Peter the first head bishop of His Church,
saying: "Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona ...
Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my
church." (Matt. 16:17-19). "There shall be one
fold and one shepherd." (John 10:16). "Feed my
lambs ... feed my sheep." (John 21:15-17). The
words "rock" and "shepherd" must apply to Peter,
and they must distinguish him as the head Apostle,
otherwise Christ's statements are so ambiguous as
to be meaningless. Certainly the other Apostles
understood that Peter had authority from Christ to
lead the Church, for they gave him the presiding
place every time they assembled in council (Acts
1:15, 5:1-10), and they placed his name first
every time they listed the names of the Apostles.
(Matt. 10:2, Mark 3:16, Luke 6:13-14, Acts 1:13)."
Horse xxxx

Proof from Scripture that Christ did not found the Catholic Church...In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, He referred not to any of the Catholic Church..that was years and years after He said anything about building His church...

Besides...the Catholic religion is a denomination of Christianity...there are no denominations mentioned in Scripture...because He found no denominations...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't tell me anything,if you stop and think about the stories in the bible that is what it boils down too.
Sure I told you something...read any of these posts that end with these three digits: 890 745 473 416....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Protestant Glasgow wrote:
The Pope of Rome is the anti Christ.
The Reformed Protestant Faiths are the true religions of the world.
No Pope of Rome.
Calvinism may have some basic truths,but ultimately it is not Biblical Christianity.Cal me Armenian,but I find Calvinism absolutely Calvin,not that of the Holy Scriptures.However if you love the Lord Jesus and realize your need for His salvation,are born again,and walking in His light,and seeing that there is no "Respector of persons with God",and that He is not willing that any should perish,and wanting the GOSPEL to reach all nations,and to make disciples of every nation,than you are in the same boat.

As calling anyone antichrist,that remains to be revealed by the events as they unravel before us.Jesus warns us not to judge things before the time.Every Christian should do all that is possible to relate to one another,not to alienate constantly. If the pope is the antichrist,we will find out soon enough,and the Lord will give us warning first,as He does show these things to the Body.

I am just as concerned about Protestant Christianity as being deceptive i n many ways,as I am alarmed about all churches these days.The Bible does warn us,that, there will be a falling a w a y,apostasy will happen,and it is already in the ranks of all churches now.So who can point a finger at any expression of Christianity as being the anti-christ?

Let God reveal when He so desires.Trouble waits at the door of every heart,we all need to SEE Jesus N o w,in our own lives.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're disagreements are not little theological differences for goodness sakes. The very path to salvation is at stake. Sola fide or fide + works!
One of ya are preaching something that Jesus Christ does did not teach. Yet, you seem oblivious to that fact; as if its all ok so as long as you're united against the 'evil Catholic Church and their anti Christ Pope' lol.
You're perishing in your disputes.
Ww know that the RCC and Papacy is behind the Econimic control and hold the leases over the estates and affairs of this world.

Revelation 18

King James Version (KJV)

18 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock!!!!!
Christ said: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Catholics say: God got it wrong again...it is O.K. to call the priest "Father"...and they do....
And before that Jesus said not to call any man Rabbi amongst you.None of us can be placed on a pedestal of higher status as it does delete the role of a servant.It is commendable when Christians see each other as brothers and serving ,not lording over.

We want to avoid elitism in the church.This present Pope Francis,is trying to show a submissive role,already.That may be genuine or not,but only God can judge before the time,we are spared the responsibility of passing judgment,and that is so that PEACE reigns within our hearts.

Nevertheless we are also open to warning and being wise as serpents,but harmless as doves.

It seems that many Christians are quick to be wreckless in our judgment.

As for f a t h e r,I do agree that God shows Himself alone as being our Holy Father!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You agreeing with another anti Catholic doesn't ruffle my feathers at all. I would expect nothing less then for you all to be allied against your common enemy. You guys just masquerade as a united group, guided by Sola Scripture.
You don't think we can't see the ridiculous claim that the Holy Spirit is guiding you to truth with Scripture? How insulting to the perfect flawless Holy Spirit.
Perfect and flawless are great descriptions of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit's preservation of God's Word. The need you claim for the church to interpret the words for us is where we do not agree. I believe if we study to show ourselves approved, as the Bible instructs us to do, we will find the truth. Otherwise, man creates confusion. I don't believe the Holy Spirit can be blamed for our shortcomings.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Biblical day"?????!!!! Make you a bet....you are a serious student of Hollywood 101 The Robe...Ten Commandments...Ben Hur...
Aren't you the one that argued that Moses built the ark????!!!!
LOL talk about someone needing help to understand Scripture if you had the correct definitions of key words in said Scripture...

Read Genesis it will tell you the start and ending of a biblical day.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

what a contradiction..holy holy holy..its day and night..all around world is prayers and mass..do you understood 7 days prayers and mass..but ordinary people per second express wish if nothing dear god give us luck in our life..
Is that Saturday and Sunday.
see

We have Cross in our life..accusers is some.
What they say every day have cross=dosta je svakom danu muke svoje.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunatley you will never get these folks to believe what is obvious within these scriptures.
Yeah I know. Even Boo Boo the Fool should be able to see that David and Jonathan had at least a Homo-erotic relationship if not more.

Some of these so called Christians are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

kad se prijatelji pretvore u neprijatelje
kad zovkanje i zivce pretvore u kokoske i pivce..

ona tu nije Bog..no
podkazatelji i accuseri
ploticevci plotiraju
i u srce diraju
od Krsticevaca zele biti korisnici
krst i ukor i ureknuce..

now

we not careeeeeeeeee

no
to my lovly lokvari i pokvari pokvarvici=vinegar
someone give vinegat to Jesus..

many drink today vinegar as well have bath with vinegar
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

vinegar=cross

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote "There were others before Martin Luther,"
Oh really?!!!! Name them.
You don't even know who founded your church!
~~~

You wrote

You don't even know who founded your church!

---

HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST..

.YOU REALLY SHOULD MAKE A POINT TO MEET HIM..PERSONALLY...

IF YOU DON'T MEET HIM PERSONALLY HERE ON EARTH...YOU WILL MEET HIM ON JUDGMENT DAY.

YOU WILL ACTUALLY MEET HIM...AS YOUR ADVOCATE/ATTORNEY..

THERE WILL BE NO POPES CARDINALS SAINTS, MARY, NOR ANY ONE ELSE

TO STAND

AS A PROXY WITNESS FOR YOU. HE WILL BE YOUR ONLY MEDIATOR

ON THAT DAY...YOU WILL TESTIFY FOR, OR AGAINST YOURSELF..

THAT WHICH YOUR OWN BRAIN HAS RECORDED WILL BE REGURGITATED FORTH AS

WITNESS.... EITHER FOR YOU OR AGAINST YOU....YOUR BODY SOUL AND SPIRIT

WILL GIVE AND ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACTIONS...OBEDIENCE OR DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD.

WHAT WILL HE SAY THEN, IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOUR ACCEPTING OR REJECTING

HIM NOW...WHILE YOU ARE HERE ON EARTH...

NOW YOU THINK YOU ARE SHIELDED BY YOUR PROXY'S... THAT STAND BETWEEN YOU AND CHRIST...

BUT THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED AT THE... WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT... OF GOD.

YOU WILL FIND OUT ..THAT, NO SUCH THING AS PURGATORY EXIST..

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
If I hand you a book, any book, and said, "Here. The words in this book are from God, and are authoritative. Follow them," you would be right to question the claim.
If the only support I could offer was something written in the book I handed you, then I would be engaging in circular argument, which is fruitless.
I don't expect you to accept this, but that makes it no less logically true.
I do NOT accept that scripture is the inspired Word of God because "scripture says so," but because the witness of the early Church, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit *proclaims* it so.
And I accept the witness of the early Church, continued to be proclaimed down through the ages, via Apostolic Succession. Primary among that witness are the Sacred Scriptures.
But hey are part of the witness of the early Church, not the witness itself.
When you make the scriptures an idol, as many Christians have done, you turn from God and the Spirit, and elevate yourself to the position of God.(Which is what Original Sin, whether we talk about the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel, is all about. Hubris.)
Rob
Trusting in God can only be confirmed through His Word.How Robert canyou expect us today to rely on the claim of your church as sole interpreter of His Word,when your history is steeped in human error and sin?

The same would apply to any church.I do not rely on what the church I attend to interpret truth from the Word.It is a unique thing that the Holy Spirit gives us the Word and confirmation of a good conscience,rightliving,sound judgment which is in the witness of many who walk in truth.The Word gives us the truth,we live it,and the witness also includes the SAME Spirit of truth.

The Word does not become an Idol,but a confirmation of the Truth of what the Spirit is trying to reveal to our spirits.We must not forget that all have besides a soul,and a mind,also a spirit,which is the door to our souls to receive that which is of the Spirit.

That is why we must be born-again.

It is human nature to distort truth,but when human beings humbly rely on the Word of God,they in spirit relate to the same Spirit of Truth WHO uses the Word as a guide of the Mind,Will and Purpose of God.

It is ridiculous to accuse the brethren of using the Word as an idol,when we along with you have experienced the beauty of the Spirit of Truth who also works through the confirmation of His Word,WHO comes from the very Mouth of the Father,the Son of light.

I have never seen anyone worship the Book,so it is rather a misnomer to call Christians who strictly rely on the Word,as worshiping such as well.We are called as believers to follow Christ,thank God we have the Scriptures to give us the blueprint of His Love,Purpose and Will.

You forget dear brother that so many Christians perhaps a billion or so,who are not Roman Catholic have testimonies of changed lives,due to the reading and listening to the Gospels from that BOOK.I t is remarkable how the LORD has used His Word to transform many lives and to spread His Son's teachings through broken vessels who have relied on the Book to train and guide them into all truth.

Make no mistake in ever believing that God is limited to your church,He works to use all who are yielded to Him,you know that already! And He uses His Word to give us the direction into fulfilling His desire to reach as many as possible,to offer the free will to choose H I M over the rudiments of this world.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the way you guys treat Holy Scripture. Its as if its a god. It does appear its your god. Or worse, your interpretations of it is your god.
'Gods word' is a label the Holy Catholic Church put on the Books. You guys ran off in a rabid frenzy thinking God grabbed the pen from Paul and wrote word for word what He wanted. Its inexcusable Saban.
John said the Word was God and the Word became flesh. We also have the parallel of the children of Israel surviving on manna from Heaven while wandering in the wilderness just as we are nourished today by the Word as we wander through the wilderness of sin.

Do I think Paul wrote anything that was not completely approved by the Spirit? No. So, if as I believe, it has been completely preserved by the Spirit how is it not from God? You are right that I do hold it in the HIGHEST regard. If that is a fault, I suppose I will have to pay the consequences.

My faith is not in any church or man to interpret it for me because within scripture we read Paul instructing Timothy to study to show himself approved. Was that instruction intended only for Timothy while I am to let the church or Pope tell me what to believe? Or, was that instruction to Timothy sage advice for anyone who wishes to go to Heaven?

I know what I believe, but you may have to consult your priest for official word. Being a Christian myself, I do not have a priest between me and the High Priest.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
051 043
<quoted text>
You made me believe that you wanted to honestly and openly discuss homosexuality. You are afraid to do so because you know the truth of the matter will prevail...so you crawfished. So, as far as I'm concerned you can go fly a kite..
Anyone know where I can buy a kite,LOL? And fyi,I wouldn't ask a five year old about sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

533 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min thewordofme 722,284
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 257,027
**** jesus loves you **** (Aug '07) 6 min hick_up 48,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 13 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 5,277
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Dave Nelson 224,674
Men with painted toenails 16 min Jake 2
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min EdmondWA 93,858
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 29 min Krackerjacks 115,653
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,569
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••