Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428203 Mar 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Biblical day"?????!!!! Make you a bet....you are a serious student of Hollywood 101 The Robe...Ten Commandments...Ben Hur...
Aren't you the one that argued that Moses built the ark????!!!!
LOL talk about someone needing help to understand Scripture if you had the correct definitions of key words in said Scripture...

Read Genesis it will tell you the start and ending of a biblical day.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428204 Mar 16, 2013
what a contradiction..holy holy holy..its day and night..all around world is prayers and mass..do you understood 7 days prayers and mass..but ordinary people per second express wish if nothing dear god give us luck in our life..
Is that Saturday and Sunday.
see

We have Cross in our life..accusers is some.
What they say every day have cross=dosta je svakom danu muke svoje.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428205 Mar 16, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunatley you will never get these folks to believe what is obvious within these scriptures.
Yeah I know. Even Boo Boo the Fool should be able to see that David and Jonathan had at least a Homo-erotic relationship if not more.

Some of these so called Christians are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428206 Mar 16, 2013
kad se prijatelji pretvore u neprijatelje
kad zovkanje i zivce pretvore u kokoske i pivce..

ona tu nije Bog..no
podkazatelji i accuseri
ploticevci plotiraju
i u srce diraju
od Krsticevaca zele biti korisnici
krst i ukor i ureknuce..

now

we not careeeeeeeeee

no
to my lovly lokvari i pokvari pokvarvici=vinegar
someone give vinegat to Jesus..

many drink today vinegar as well have bath with vinegar
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#428207 Mar 16, 2013
vinegar=cross

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#428208 Mar 16, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote "There were others before Martin Luther,"
Oh really?!!!! Name them.
You don't even know who founded your church!
~~~

You wrote

You don't even know who founded your church!

---

HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST..

.YOU REALLY SHOULD MAKE A POINT TO MEET HIM..PERSONALLY...

IF YOU DON'T MEET HIM PERSONALLY HERE ON EARTH...YOU WILL MEET HIM ON JUDGMENT DAY.

YOU WILL ACTUALLY MEET HIM...AS YOUR ADVOCATE/ATTORNEY..

THERE WILL BE NO POPES CARDINALS SAINTS, MARY, NOR ANY ONE ELSE

TO STAND

AS A PROXY WITNESS FOR YOU. HE WILL BE YOUR ONLY MEDIATOR

ON THAT DAY...YOU WILL TESTIFY FOR, OR AGAINST YOURSELF..

THAT WHICH YOUR OWN BRAIN HAS RECORDED WILL BE REGURGITATED FORTH AS

WITNESS.... EITHER FOR YOU OR AGAINST YOU....YOUR BODY SOUL AND SPIRIT

WILL GIVE AND ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACTIONS...OBEDIENCE OR DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD.

WHAT WILL HE SAY THEN, IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOUR ACCEPTING OR REJECTING

HIM NOW...WHILE YOU ARE HERE ON EARTH...

NOW YOU THINK YOU ARE SHIELDED BY YOUR PROXY'S... THAT STAND BETWEEN YOU AND CHRIST...

BUT THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED AT THE... WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT... OF GOD.

YOU WILL FIND OUT ..THAT, NO SUCH THING AS PURGATORY EXIST..

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Pad

Rockford, IL

#428209 Mar 16, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
If I hand you a book, any book, and said, "Here. The words in this book are from God, and are authoritative. Follow them," you would be right to question the claim.
If the only support I could offer was something written in the book I handed you, then I would be engaging in circular argument, which is fruitless.
I don't expect you to accept this, but that makes it no less logically true.
I do NOT accept that scripture is the inspired Word of God because "scripture says so," but because the witness of the early Church, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit *proclaims* it so.
And I accept the witness of the early Church, continued to be proclaimed down through the ages, via Apostolic Succession. Primary among that witness are the Sacred Scriptures.
But hey are part of the witness of the early Church, not the witness itself.
When you make the scriptures an idol, as many Christians have done, you turn from God and the Spirit, and elevate yourself to the position of God.(Which is what Original Sin, whether we talk about the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel, is all about. Hubris.)
Rob
Trusting in God can only be confirmed through His Word.How Robert canyou expect us today to rely on the claim of your church as sole interpreter of His Word,when your history is steeped in human error and sin?

The same would apply to any church.I do not rely on what the church I attend to interpret truth from the Word.It is a unique thing that the Holy Spirit gives us the Word and confirmation of a good conscience,rightliving,sound judgment which is in the witness of many who walk in truth.The Word gives us the truth,we live it,and the witness also includes the SAME Spirit of truth.

The Word does not become an Idol,but a confirmation of the Truth of what the Spirit is trying to reveal to our spirits.We must not forget that all have besides a soul,and a mind,also a spirit,which is the door to our souls to receive that which is of the Spirit.

That is why we must be born-again.

It is human nature to distort truth,but when human beings humbly rely on the Word of God,they in spirit relate to the same Spirit of Truth WHO uses the Word as a guide of the Mind,Will and Purpose of God.

It is ridiculous to accuse the brethren of using the Word as an idol,when we along with you have experienced the beauty of the Spirit of Truth who also works through the confirmation of His Word,WHO comes from the very Mouth of the Father,the Son of light.

I have never seen anyone worship the Book,so it is rather a misnomer to call Christians who strictly rely on the Word,as worshiping such as well.We are called as believers to follow Christ,thank God we have the Scriptures to give us the blueprint of His Love,Purpose and Will.

You forget dear brother that so many Christians perhaps a billion or so,who are not Roman Catholic have testimonies of changed lives,due to the reading and listening to the Gospels from that BOOK.I t is remarkable how the LORD has used His Word to transform many lives and to spread His Son's teachings through broken vessels who have relied on the Book to train and guide them into all truth.

Make no mistake in ever believing that God is limited to your church,He works to use all who are yielded to Him,you know that already! And He uses His Word to give us the direction into fulfilling His desire to reach as many as possible,to offer the free will to choose H I M over the rudiments of this world.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428210 Mar 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the way you guys treat Holy Scripture. Its as if its a god. It does appear its your god. Or worse, your interpretations of it is your god.
'Gods word' is a label the Holy Catholic Church put on the Books. You guys ran off in a rabid frenzy thinking God grabbed the pen from Paul and wrote word for word what He wanted. Its inexcusable Saban.
John said the Word was God and the Word became flesh. We also have the parallel of the children of Israel surviving on manna from Heaven while wandering in the wilderness just as we are nourished today by the Word as we wander through the wilderness of sin.

Do I think Paul wrote anything that was not completely approved by the Spirit? No. So, if as I believe, it has been completely preserved by the Spirit how is it not from God? You are right that I do hold it in the HIGHEST regard. If that is a fault, I suppose I will have to pay the consequences.

My faith is not in any church or man to interpret it for me because within scripture we read Paul instructing Timothy to study to show himself approved. Was that instruction intended only for Timothy while I am to let the church or Pope tell me what to believe? Or, was that instruction to Timothy sage advice for anyone who wishes to go to Heaven?

I know what I believe, but you may have to consult your priest for official word. Being a Christian myself, I do not have a priest between me and the High Priest.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428211 Mar 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
051 043
<quoted text>
You made me believe that you wanted to honestly and openly discuss homosexuality. You are afraid to do so because you know the truth of the matter will prevail...so you crawfished. So, as far as I'm concerned you can go fly a kite..
Anyone know where I can buy a kite,LOL? And fyi,I wouldn't ask a five year old about sin.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#428212 Mar 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I know. Even Boo Boo the Fool should be able to see that David and Jonathan had at least a Homo-erotic relationship if not more.
Some of these so called Christians are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb.
~~~
GOD IS NOT STUCK ON STUPID NOR IS HE GLUED TO DUMB...

HIS WORDS ARE .

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:15 For without are--> dogs,<-- and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

--->DOGS<--- HOMOSEXUALS

Deu_23:18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a ==>dog,<== into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

==>DOG<== DEFINED IN HEBREW AS USED IN DEU 23:18

H3611
&#1499;&#1468;&#15 00;&#1489;
keleb
keh'-leb
From an unused root meaning to yelp, or else to attack; a dog; hence (by euphemism) a male prostitute:- dog.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428213 Mar 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
GOD IS NOT STUCK ON STUPID NOR IS HE GLUED TO DUMB...
HIS WORDS ARE .
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev_22:15 For without are--> dogs,<-- and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
--->DOGS<--- HOMOSEXUALS
Deu_23:18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a ==>dog,<== into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
==>DOG<== DEFINED IN HEBREW AS USED IN DEU 23:18
H3611
&#1499;&#1468;&#15 00;&#1489;
keleb
keh'-leb
From an unused root meaning to yelp, or else to attack; a dog; hence (by euphemism) a male prostitute:- dog.
You need to get hooked on phonics. In my post I said some of you so called Christians are stuck opn stupid and glued to dumb and you just proved that the statement certainly applies to you based on your response. But it's as I stated some of you guys are so Biblically illiterate that the scriptures have you totally discombobulated. Some of you even think in some of your denominations that if a woman wears pants then she is going to hell too,LOL. tHE WAY YOU GUYS CAN BUTCHER THE SCRIPTURES. sHEESH.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428214 Mar 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone know where I can buy a kite,LOL? And fyi,I wouldn't ask a five year old about sin.
Some 5 year olds are known to lie, cheat and steal too. Based on their natural desire to act in such selfish manners, does that make the sinful activity right or less harmful to society and themselves? If they act out those selfish desires can they not be trained to understand those activities are not acceptable? Or, are they acceptable since a seemingly innocent 5 year old can and sometimes does does them?
truth

Perth, Australia

#428215 Mar 16, 2013
dear jesus
i am going see lokva i mutnez program..inside is only zmije zabe this and that..its describe perfectly my filling..

when you uder cross dear jesus nothing there to see or fill nice smelly..
program looks nice perfect with shine marble..its not look dirty..in reallity its look full of color as art..sweet jesus..who say ..he art every heart..

curo moja sil dil daj
u mene se zagledaj

ogo na spot
$1.60 bus o don't worry for me

when i died don't cry
i don't care to much any more..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y
truth

Perth, Australia

#428216 Mar 16, 2013
gledaj me gdje lutam
gdje skitam
gledajjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
50 centi rosaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
oh so poor

bukaci=oni koji govore

podmetaci=oni koji podmecu

babe lazljiveeeeeeeeeee
boj se lojpuza muska
i brkata zenska
kako 12 brkatih zena ili djevojaka moze biti 12 apostola imama i paroha
a kako 12 lojpuzih muskaraca moze biti 12 nevinih djevojaka u bijelom

neprodaji zmije i zabe pod ribe
neprodaji orase i bajame za smrdljiva jaja
nuts

Is that nice?
no
my sin my sin my bigest sin

now
still i am going see
lokva=smrdljiva bara=place for frog DEMON
how looks in ART
which color will be buildingDEMON

look in administration if i am liar
look geometric heavenly body jen tra jantra juntra hunta

Are you for sure i am stupid not pray inaf
yes i cry and pray to much
now i am going how its look
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
bomboni bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm

in this city npothing exist
why
bara baroviciiiiiiiiiiiiiiii barnet policy=see administration

demon

why i am wrong
because you are very bad wisher to meeeeeeeeeee
its nothing toward me
its toward this city

what in art color mean
bara baretina=changing weather=dry weather policy
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i am going now see much moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

in this city nothing exist future
as you try change weather patern
its change others thing

but policy on corupt way =zeroooooooooooooooooo

bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428217 Mar 16, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Hi Saban fan,
-
Jethro was asking for verses that point to Jesus as the Messiah from the OT. He stated that he would have an easier time believing that Jesus in the NT was God's Son, if there were verses in the OT that showed the same. I told him that there were verses, but that these verses didn't spell out his name.
-
He wants verses that clarify who is the *US* and *OUR* persons in Genesis, when God says, "let us make man in our image." The plural points to more than one and so this means that Jesus is not the same person as God.
-
Jethro8 asked ... basically ... How do we know that God was here before Jesus? and he also asked 'who created God?" then gave the chicken and the egg illustration.
-
So, what Jethro8 wants is answers to explain the difference between God and Jesus, stating he could more easily believe Jesus of the NT if he could read verses referring to him in the OT. Jethro said he believes the NT text clarifies OT text and just want to find verses referring to Jesus in the OT.
-
I hope I worded that correctly, Jethro!
Sorry I didn't understand and had not followed the full conversation.

I suppose my answer would be that the expectation of such would be a flaw in the system. If God gave such great details about Jesus in the OT the Jews would know EXACTLY who their king was and they would've accepted him as he was rather than in their worldliness, expecting him to be something different. If God had given them too much information His plan for our sin would not have been carried out because Jesus wouldn't have been crucified.

In Jesus crucifixion and His return from the grave the prophesy about him in the OT was fully fulfilled.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428218 Mar 16, 2013
2 fish and 5 bread
neprodaji zmije i zabe za Ribe
don't sold snake and frogs for Fish

smrdljiva jaja juliska kre kre kre kra kra kra

truth

Perth, Australia

#428219 Mar 16, 2013
kre kre kre= zabo juliska
ZABA=frog=REPRESENT DEMON
art he art every heart
juliska buliska
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz

umbrela policy

krpe kalajisu palajisuuuuuuuuuuuuuu puljajuuuuuuuuuuu

ljuljaju
juk juk juk look look look
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm

https://www.google.com.au/search...

oh wili silyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kre kre kre=frog=DEMON

jap jap jap
la la la laj laj laj juliskaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

give ring ones more

cmockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428220 Mar 16, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Some 5 year olds are known to lie, cheat and steal too. Based on their natural desire to act in such selfish manners, does that make the sinful activity right or less harmful to society and themselves? If they act out those selfish desires can they not be trained to understand those activities are not acceptable? Or, are they acceptable since a seemingly innocent 5 year old can and sometimes does does them?
Is having more than one wife a sin? In your statement above you speak of activities that are not acceptable. Acceptable to whom? In some cultures having more than one wife is acceptable yet in a culture like ours having more than one wife will get you condemned to hell by the religious community.

Also there are some in this culture that say that we shouldn't drink any alcoholic beverages or gamble or you will go straight to hell. Yet Christ turned water into an alcoholic beverage ( wine ) and gambling was invented by God. Have you guys never heard of casting lots that is in the scriptures. Yep, casting lots is gambling yet in todays religious community if you partake of any of these activites they will have you skipping to hell and make you take a short cut too,lol.

They read a scripture where it stated that a woman sjhould not wear anythign that pertains to a man and they went off half cocked after reading or should I say MISREADING that verse and started teaching that a woman should not wear pants and condemns those that do wear them to hell as well.

Many people will not listen to you Christians when you start spouting bible verses because you have a serious credibility problem when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF GOD.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428221 Mar 16, 2013
ZABA=CAR W= FOLCVAGEN

DEMON FROM OUR JULISKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LOOK COLOR FROM OUR LOVLY PRINCE
HE ART EVERY HEART

BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

NOTHING EXISTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Ridiculous excess

Charleston, WV

#428222 Mar 16, 2013
Some yoyo has gone to a great deal of touble to infiltrate Beckley Topix by planting all these excessively large threads. The concepts selected challenge native cultural values. The size of the threads suggests they were salivated over in large cities before being deposited among us on Beckley Topix. A Bizarre activist with some questionable morals and causes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Stilgar Fifrawi 830,192
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 12 min xeeedeee15 116
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 40,214
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 3,923
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min Toby 99,231
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min Gas Woman 121,723
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min lil whispers 611,945
More from around the web