Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646366 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428351 Mar 17, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how those who "have so much to teach" others about their view of the Bible -- are somehow confined to an anonymous Topix message board.
It must be difficult for folks like this poster -- to have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the entire universe -- yet their only outlet for this amazing truth is to argue with and insult others anonymously.
Of course, it beats being laughed at to their face.
At least a few folks who possess the same absolute truth have the guts to stand on a street corner holding a cross to spout their wisdom publicly.
But others do so anonymously because they do not posses the backbone of a grasshoppa.
LOL
You're exactly right. I'm now headed to worship with hundreds of people at the congregation where I attend that are much better with teaching and following God's Word than I am.

I'm striving to be better on a daily basis and I visit this group as sort of a testing and confirming of my faith. The challenges and charges that are thrown at me confirm that this faith can remain victorious. If I'm correct in my faith, hopefully in the process someone will learn something to help them in their walk of faith.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#428352 Mar 17, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called fraud. Sometimes people are hurt by this fraud.
Bible Only "Fundies" know all about fraud! They have practiced it since the Reformation!....And when you add to that the "distortions" of the truth of Church History and their self-interpreting "editorializing" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible, attempting to make it mean "only what they want it to mean" , the result is over 500 years of mass confusion! The difference is that the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-----have the "Mass" -------and the Protestants have the "Confusion"!!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#428353 Mar 17, 2013
Your Pope would like to express Your Pope's wonderful wishes for a Happy and Joyous St. Patrick's Day and to the Irish People, long may your respected Saint Patrick be in your Hearts and Minds.

As Your Pope celebrated Your Pope's first Angelus this morning, Your Pope looked out over the sea of faces in Vatican Square and thought how much Love there Really and Truly was for Our Lord Jesus Christ.

We have to keep the FAITH, for it is our FAITH that will set us free as we make our journey to sit beside Our Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven.

To those of you who have given your Well-wishes, Prayers, and Flowers together with your children to be Blessed, Your Pope says with all humility that surely you are Children of GOD.

May the Lord be with you, and with your Spirit.

Your Pope
Francis I

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#428354 Mar 17, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Pope Francis wants 'poor Church for the poor'
USA Catholics dazed and confused.
Makes all talk, zero walk Catholics look foolish.
Thank you Pope Francis for shining a light on hypocrisy. I'm glad Michael voted for you.
LIAR.

ListenUp 'condomKid'....(members / posters please Note that both Stanley and I have Christened this eeejit to be known in future as 'condomKid'...

Stanley says that you are one 'twisted -sistaPhucka'.

What you know about Pope Francis I, and the Holy Roman Catholic Church amounts to sweet schidt ALL.

ALL Roman Catholics are head and shoulders above you, you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

Stanley says that when it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of water.

Go Figure.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428355 Mar 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're exactly right. I'm now headed to worship with hundreds of people at the congregation where I attend that are much better with teaching and following God's Word than I am.
I'm striving to be better on a daily basis and I visit this group as sort of a testing and confirming of my faith. The challenges and charges that are thrown at me confirm that this faith can remain victorious. If I'm correct in my faith, hopefully in the process someone will learn something to help them in their walk of faith.
10-4. Have a pleasant day.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428356 Mar 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible Only "Fundies" know all about fraud! They have practiced it since the Reformation!....And when you add to that the "distortions" of the truth of Church History and their self-interpreting "editorializing" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible, attempting to make it mean "only what they want it to mean" , the result is over 500 years of mass confusion! The difference is that the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-----have the "Mass" -------and the Protestants have the "Confusion"!!
Sorry you are stuck in a society that was built on anti-Catholic ideals such as the Bill of Rights.

If you truly believed as you claim, you wouldn't be here whining and gulping meds, would you?

You would be a country where most churches are true and your brand of faith isn't a comedy clubs staple.

It's called "walking your talk." But I don't blame you for avoiding the poor and clinging to your wealth. As much as you chant, deep down, it's hard to accept all that absurdity. I get it.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428357 Mar 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is "buying" your bible only "editorialized opinions" which are nothing, other than more of the same Protestant "propaganda"
..he is right,also your unholy phony church spews out more b.s. propaganda than all other churches combined,since they are the riches church,from the lefts from countries conquered by the roman army.everything in the R.P.C. church is stolen property,i'm sure god is proud of that.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

#428358 Mar 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>..he is right,also your unholy phony church spews out more b.s. propaganda than all other churches combined,since they are the riches church,from the lefts from countries conquered by the roman army.everything in the R.P.C. church is stolen property,i'm sure god is proud of that.
Ranting's from the low-informed mind!

usa

#428359 Mar 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE Church History, from the Early Church Fathers. the lives of the Saints, and the (overwhelming consensus of the Apologist Historian writer and authors, ALL confirm it...... Research it, Read it, and discover the TRUTH instead of "editorializing your answers). It becomes "your problem" (not mine) when you "refuse to believe it"!!
TRUE"pagan/christian Church History" only, from the Early Church Fathers "hand picked by Constantine". the lives of the Saints"do not matter when it comes to gods true church", and the (overwhelming consensus of the Apologist Historian writer and authors of the r.p/c,church ALL confirm it...... Research it, Read it, and discover the TRUTH instead of "editorializing your answers). It becomes "your problem" (not mine) when you "refuse to believe it"!! JETHRO: i have read roman pagan/christian church history from both sides,some popes did try and do good for the church and it's followers,but were handcuffed by the Vatican council,and there were your sick, whore mongering, orgy hosting, child molesting, popes that used their authority to indulge in their perversions to the point they had to borrow money from rich followers of the church who never got their money back as promised.the church would of gone under if money could not have been borrowed. to bad it didn't,followers suffered for 2000 yrs of threats,fear,torture,starvatio n,killings. that is true history of your church,the part you close your eyes to. how come you never talk about this side of the church pope Hojo? it's well documented history,authenticated and verifiable.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428360 Mar 17, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR.
ListenUp 'condomKid'....(members / posters please Note that both Stanley and I have Christened this eeejit to be known in future as 'condomKid'...
Stanley says that you are one 'twisted -sistaPhucka'.
What you know about Pope Francis I, and the Holy Roman Catholic Church amounts to sweet schidt ALL.
ALL Roman Catholics are head and shoulders above you, you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.
Stanley says that when it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of water.
Go Figure.
Cardinal Law, is that you?

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/bankrupt...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428361 Mar 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Okay now STOP people. There is a whole lot of confusion on whether or not the law is still relevant today. I want everyone of you to stop what you're doing and read the following lesson and start at verse 17. It should help clear up this "law" business. Read it CAREFULLY.
http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew5.htm
Start at verse 17. This lesson was done by one of my mentors and you guys really I MEAN REALLY NEED TO READ THIS.
hanks for the link. I went furthur and clicked on the link on that site and found the article on the Church Ages very interesting as well as the Two Witnesses in which had at one time thought on the same lines of what was presented but did not link the two faithful church's of revelation to it.

I look forward to studying it out furthur.

usa

#428362 Mar 17, 2013
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ranting's from the low-informed mind!
how so?

usa

#428363 Mar 17, 2013
missed spelled a word:hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is "buying" your bible only "editorialized opinions" which are nothing, other than more of the same Protestant "propaganda"
..he is right,also your unholy phony church spews out more b.s. propaganda than all other churches combined,since they are the riches church,from the "thefts" from countries conquered by the roman army.everything in the R.P.C. church is stolen property,i'm sure god is proud of that.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

#428364 Mar 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how so?
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>..he is right,also your unholy phony church spews out more b.s. propaganda than all other churches combined,since they are the riches church,from the lefts from countries conquered by the roman army.everything in the R.P.C. church is stolen property,i'm sure god is proud of that.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428365 Mar 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really sure what this proves about the Law of Moses supposedly still being in effect today. Of course these two commandments didn't and wouldn't change. Plus, when Jesus was living the Old Law was still in effect.
The first 4 comandments teach us how to love God the next 6 have to respecting and loving our neighbor.

Ephesians Ch: 2

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was [[[[
against ]]]] us, which was contrary to us, and took it
out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
the "handwriting of requirements [ordinances, KJV]"
refers to the law "that was against us."
The law that was against was the Mosanic hand written
laws of ordinances and statutes that was place in the
side of the ark on the outside. Not Gods Ten commandment
Law inside the ark which included the 7th day Sabbath.
Deuteronomy (KJV) Chapter 31
31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of
writing the words of this law in a book, until they were
finished,
31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the
ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,
31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side
of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it
may be there for a witness against thee.
Paul clearly writes in Romans 7:12, "Therefore the law
is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good."

Ezekiel 20:25

KJV Bible: "Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live; " These are the laws handwritten in the book placed at the side of the ark.

Paul clearly writes in Romans 7:12, "Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good."

(Rom 7:22 KJV)
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Isaiah 66:23 (KJV) And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

2 Corinthian 12, 13 "Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:"

Ephesians 2:15 15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

"Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." Ecclesiates 12:13. "By the law is the knowledge of sin." Romans 3:20.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428366 Mar 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really sure what this proves about the Law of Moses supposedly still being in effect today. Of course these two commandments didn't and wouldn't change. Plus, when Jesus was living the Old Law was still in effect.
Those Ten Commandments under Gods New Covenant will be written upon the heart and not stone. We will be made incorruptable at the resurrection and Christ by his shedding of blood is the mediator of the New Covenant.
Robert Dye

Muskogee, OK

#428367 Mar 17, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
Your Pope would like to express Your Pope's wonderful wishes for a Happy and Joyous St. Patrick's Day and to the Irish People, long may your respected Saint Patrick be in your Hearts and Minds.
As Your Pope celebrated Your Pope's first Angelus this morning, Your Pope looked out over the sea of faces in Vatican Square and thought how much Love there Really and Truly was for Our Lord Jesus Christ.
We have to keep the FAITH, for it is our FAITH that will set us free as we make our journey to sit beside Our Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven.
To those of you who have given your Well-wishes, Prayers, and Flowers together with your children to be Blessed, Your Pope says with all humility that surely you are Children of GOD.
May the Lord be with you, and with your Spirit.
Your Pope
Francis I
Mrmph.
Rookie mistake.
He's not Francis the first until there is a Francis the Second.
Until the, he is simply Pope Francis.
Rob

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428368 Mar 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get hooked on phonics. In my post I said some of you so called Christians are stuck opn stupid and glued to dumb and you just proved that the statement certainly applies to you based on your response. But it's as I stated some of you guys are so Biblically illiterate that the scriptures have you totally discombobulated. Some of you even think in some of your denominations that if a woman wears pants then she is going to hell too,LOL. tHE WAY YOU GUYS CAN BUTCHER THE SCRIPTURES. sHEESH.
~~~
You wrote

THE WAY YOU GUYS CAN BUTCHER THE SCRIPTURES. sHEESH.

The Scriptures I POSTED were not butchered...they had nothing to do with

woman wearing APPAREL

They had to do with what the homosexual and effeminate will face in Judgment...

1Co_6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Bible says.... You have one of two choices

1.get deliverance OR

2. face the consequences.

GOD OFFERS FREE SALVATION... AND IT INCLUDES DELIVERANCE..

SALVATION DEFINED IN GREEK

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

ATTACKING THE MESSENGER DOES NOT NEGATE THE MESSAGE...

I DID NOT ORIGINATE THE SCRIPTURES VERSES...I ONLY REMINDED YOU OF WHAT THEY SAID.

1Pe_2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

IF YOU WON'T WALK THE WALK THEN DON'T ATTEMPT TO TALK THE TALK....
Clay

Union, NJ

#428369 Mar 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't need the sweet tea starburst-colored Les Paul Classic this morning. We're worshipping in the manner the first century Christians did. Without instruments, with the exception of course of our God given instruments, accapella.
Shouldn't be sinful at all to worship God exactly as the first century Christians did, should it?
I won't knock you for worshiping God how you do.
But you do not worship like the first century Christians. If you did, you'd be Catholic or Orthodox.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428370 Mar 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to worship and most of the church, the Christians that are not sick or traveling, will be there. Although we cannot all be together, Christians from all over the globe will be worshipping and partaking the Lord's Supper in the same manner as I will be.
We're meeting on the first day of the week per the examples given to us under the new covenant. Just as a team huddles it will be a type of huddle. Hopefully the Christians "huddling" today will be running plays throughout the week.
How Often did the New Testament Church Keep the Passover?

Is there anywhere in the New Testament where clear instructions are given regarding how often the Passover ordinance should be observed? There is!

I Corinthians 5:7-8 sets the stage for later instructions from the apostle Paul that we will review momentarily. These verses state,“Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven…but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

Here, in the New Testament, Paul plainly calls Christ the Passover and gives instructions to Christians to observe the Days of Unleavened Bread. In this same epistle, he gives further instructions about the Passover observance.

I Corinthians 11:23-28 is often misunderstood by people to be a license from Paul to observe the Passover as often as one wishes to do it. The phrase “as oft as you do it” is said by many to mean that Christians may take the bread and the wine as often as they choose! The proper explanation of these verses springs from verse 24. Notice that the Passover is a memorial,“a remembrance.” Memorials are observed on an annual basis. Verse 26 shows that this memorial refers to “the Lord’s death,” which occurred on the Passover (remember, Christ is our Passover [I Cor. 5:7]). In ancient Israel, the Passover was always kept once a year. Verse 28 shows that the Passover ceremony is preceded by careful self-examination—which could not logically be done every day or every week, even if a person did wish to do it this often.

I Corinthians 11:29 warns of Christians taking the Passover “unworthily.” And it can be taken improperly—or unworthily. Self-examination was tied to this warning (vs. 28), just as was the issue of when it was taken (vs. 23). Christians must properly discern the symbols that represent Christ’s sacrifice.

It should be clear by now that the New Testament Lord’s Supper is a direct continuation of the Old Testament Passover, except that different symbols, commemorating Jesus’ death, have replaced the slaying and eating of a young spring lamb. As we have seen, Christ is slain for us in place of a literal lamb. This ordinance should still be observed on the 14th of Abib. nowhere did god change this instruction! Recall that Christ readied His disciples for the Passover—“when the hour was come.” It was taken at the right time and on the right day. Certainly Christ never substituted this ceremony with the modern popular celebration of Easter

http://rcg.org/books/hostlsbt.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Truth Buster 48,062
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Yellow Star 281,226
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 25 min DireWolf69 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min DebraE 105,549
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Peace_Warrior 618,556
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 49 min andet1987 2,015
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 52 min BobbyReal 33
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,581
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 14 hr Lils 42
More from around the web