Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
412,581 - 412,600 of 533,887 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
we need to go back and find my post, I forgot where it is. It lists scripture describing Jesus relationship with God the Father before he was transferred to earth to live as a human.
It could begin with Genesis 1:26
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
in the least, I commend you for asking questions, let me answer them for you.
<quoted text>
Why?
I'd rather have you research what you claim, before making up such unfounded claims.
That is what YOU should do.
BTW - Self is the answer here again. You are taking notes, right?
<quoted text>
Supposedly only the four tablets that Moses brought down to the folks in the Exodus story. But this can't be substantiated as truth, because:
a. the tablets do not exist anywhere, or more accurately, they have not been seen. The Ethiopian Church claims they have them. I don't beleive they do, until they show them to the world, to back up their claim.
Boy - they sound just like Catholics and Protestants - always claiming something grand, but never backing it up.
<quoted text>
No again. Others were his scribe. GoThomas is one fo those documents.
<quoted text>
1. I am not your "personal Jesus".
2. As for reliability - good question. Since no one can prove the 10 Commandments exist, you are at a point that does cause this questioning. But don't worry, the dismay passes, once you see the astonishment that Jesus predicted.
(2) Jesus says:
(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
<quoted text>
Nah - just my typing skills.
Thanks for showing you care about your enemies. Not very "Christ-like" are you?
So... I should look deeper into myself, toss my Bible, and pick up and study a copy of GoThomas to finally be on the right track?
:)

I'm at a loss for words.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

see
energy
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvxyz
genergy

jenergy

jenstre
geometric heavenly body
where
where you can't see futureeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you going destroy this planettttttttttttttttttt
jantre

protect yourself
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Robert Dye:
But hey are part of the witness of the early Church, not the witness itself.(THEY (THE SCRIPTURES) ARE NOT THE WITNESS ITSELF?... SAYS, WHO? A FALLIBLE POPE? SO EVIL POPES ARE PART OF THE WITNESS OF THE EARLY CHURCH, TOO?)
When you make the scriptures an idol, as many Christians have done, you turn from God and the Spirit, and elevate yourself to the position of God.(Which is what Original Sin, whether we talk about the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel, is all about. Hubris.(WHAT? MAKING THE SCRIPTURE AND **IDOL**? NO. THE SCRIPTURE IS NOT AN **IDOL**. THE SCRIPTURE IS GOD'S LAW, AND CATHOLICS BREAK IT AT WHIM **ELEVATING THEMSELVES** TO THE POSITION OF GOD. THE BIBLE SAYS THERE IS ONLY ONE FATHER ... AND YOU HAVE ALL THESE *LITTLE ONES* HERE ON EARTH AND YOU SAY WE ARE ELEVATING OURSELVES TO THE POSITION OF GOD?- THAT IS MORE THAN A BIT WARPED, DON'T YOU THINK?)
I thought it was rather ironic for him to make the claim that we make God's Word an idol when in the same week they have just elected a Pope.

Has this new Pope had his picture taken in the reverse post-hole digger hat yet?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Your Pope blesses ALL of you this day and especially the Faithful in Our Lord Jesus Christ from Whom ALL good things come.

On reflection, Your Pope bows Your Pope's head and recalls the words of Jesus from His Sermon on the Mount:

.....Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven

.....Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the land

.....Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted

.....Blessed ar they that hunger and thirst after justice, for they shall have their fill

.....Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy

.....Blessed are th clean of heart, for they shall see GOD

.....Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Children of GOD

.....Blessed ar they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven

May you go in Peace and Love to know and serve the Lord.

Your Pope
Francis I

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
026 967
I repeat. I cannot make you believe your pope approved Bible...I can only share the truth with you...what you do with that truth is your prerogative...
As a member of a SBC church...I fully agree and accept that teaching....from your pope approved Bible...
He got this one right!!!!!
Your Pope say thank you very much.

May GOD bless you and your family this day and now and for always.

Your Pope
Francis I

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
I have a question for the forum. Those that use the first chapter of Romans to beat up on gays,does that scripture apply to kids as well,say a five year old that like me, knew he /she was gay even at that young age?
I knew I was attracted to guys even at the age of five because I remember having "encounters" with the neighborhood boys at the age of five though we didn't really know at that age how to do it. We were kinda awkward so to speak being so young but we knew we were attracted to each other.
And believe it or not the young boys that I fooled around with at that young age (feeling on each other,show me yours and I'll show you mine,dry humping each other etc etc) are still gay to this day. All of us were about 5 or 6 years old when we first started doing it. So if a kid at that young age knows that he/she would rather be with the same sex, does Romans 1 apply to them as well in your opinion?
I seriously doubt that God would give a five year old over to a reprobate mind. And one more thing, one poster made the statement that the reason we turn out gay may be because we were molested as kids. Nothing coulkd be further from the truth for me. My father was a Surgeon and he was painfully anti-gay as shown when he did discover that I was gay given how he tried to dis-own and dis-inherit me. I never even got a spanking not even once during my childhood and I had everything I could want as a child. In fact I was very spoiled as an only child.
The first time my father ever put his hand on me was when he discovered me and my neighbor doing it on the pool table and when he saw us my father knocked the hell out of me. I'll never forget it. He tried to put me out of the house,LOL.
Your Pope puts it to you that you developed a habit. A very bad habit.

Yes, there are men who act and behave in an effeminate way, but that does not take away from the fact that GOD created ALL human beings in a special 'order / way' that ould allow them to proCreate and carry on the species. After all, we were created to Know and Love and to Serve GOD.

How else can we serve GOD by not listing to his Law.

Being homosexual is a 'choice'...and a bad one. Mind you, at a young age some males are molested by other males and 'turned off' by this approachment to the point of thinking that they were 'attractive' to the person who molested them.

Then there are the males who just plain and simply do Not have any knowledge on how to behave wth a female. They are so shy of themselves - let alone their bodies - that they keep company with their own kind to the point of 'thining' that they are in love with their own kind. Of course, someone of their own kind offering them protection and other physical things in life only adds to their staying the course and 'hiding' behind the guise of being a homosexual.

There is NO such thing as homosexual - ism....any more than there is NO such thing as an Atheist. There are Agnostics = YES, but there are NO atheists...try all they might, but they live with an eternal 'doubt' in their minds and hearts.

Your Pope 'chuckles' sometimes when thinking about a pair of 'so-called' homosexuals taking a one-Way trip to Mars with the full intentions of populating he planet.

While Your Pope believes in and accepts miracles, that would never come to be.

May the Peace and Blessings of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you ALL.

Your Pope
Francis I
The Oracle

Cupar, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>Your Pope say thank you very much.
May GOD bless you and your family this day and now and for always.
Your Pope
Francis I

You're a phoney! The Pope is Pope Francis, not Francis I. There will never be a Pope Francis I. Should there be a second Pope who elects to call himself Francis, he will become Pope Francis II, but in the case of Pope Francis, he is the original Pope Francis, and no number is attributed to him.

Always happy to oblige with a bit of education for those in need of it.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
I remember asking the forum about David and Jonathan in the book of Samuel. Most of you so called Christians probably have never even read the books of Samuel have you,LOL? But there was an event in Samuel where David and Jonathan, the son of king Saul had become best friends and David made a statement to Jonathan that his love to him was better than the love of women. Now that was a rather leading statement. Now why in the world would David say that Jonathan's love to him was better than the love of women?
What do you guys think about that?
Also in another part of the book Saul seem to disapprove of the relationship that Jonathan had with David and he referred to him as the son of a perverse woman. To me that seems to speak volumes and seem to be more than meets the eye in that scripture.
"The soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul."

"Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul."

covenant = they swore loyalty and protection to each other.

David feared for his life, but Jonathan could not believe that his own father would harm David.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
016 989
<quoted text>
A dim light doeth flicker at yonder tunnel end!!!!
"it speaks of the warfare between jesus and the devil"....
There ain't nothing figurative about the warfare between Christ and the devil.....that is as real as the Alamo in San Antonio..
Your problem is you have no idea of the meaning of "seed" as used in that verse....
It has a threefold fulfillment.....

Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.

Do you see the threefold fulfillments???
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Pope Francis I wrote:
Your Pope blesses ALL of you this day and especially the Faithful in Our Lord Jesus Christ from Whom ALL good things come.
On reflection, Your Pope bows Your Pope's head and recalls the words of Jesus from His Sermon on the Mount:
.....Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven
.....Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the land
.....Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted
.....Blessed ar they that hunger and thirst after justice, for they shall have their fill
.....Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy
.....Blessed are th clean of heart, for they shall see GOD
.....Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Children of GOD
.....Blessed ar they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven
May you go in Peace and Love to know and serve the Lord.
Your Pope
Francis I
Ahh, pope Francis, how swell of you to join us!

Congratulations on your big win of Roman Idol! How do you feel about the judges vote that was not unanimous? Do you feel those that did not vote for you as their RCC Idol are not messengers of God? Surely they are misguided. how will you take care of this situation?
How many additional languages do you speak now that you are the chosen Apostilistic leader of the Catholic Nation? Are there any rules you plan to change? Are there any new agenda items that the Holy Spirit overlooked in scripture that you could share with us? Are they adding a throne in Heaven for you that we don't read about in Revelation? Where is the command that you, the Emperors (or pope's) Royal Guard (guys in red), and the Stormtroopers must abstain from marriage? How did Peter get away with that marriage thing? Are you going to be one of those pope's that kill the rebel forces or are you going to try to convert them to the dark side instead?

I'm so curious....

Looking forward to the conversation.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>Your Pope puts it to you that you developed a habit. A very bad habit.
Yes, there are men who act and behave in an effeminate way, but that does not take away from the fact that GOD created ALL human beings in a special 'order / way' that ould allow them to proCreate and carry on the species. After all, we were created to Know and Love and to Serve GOD.
How else can we serve GOD by not listing to his Law.
Being homosexual is a 'choice'...and a bad one. Mind you, at a young age some males are molested by other males and 'turned off' by this approachment to the point of thinking that they were 'attractive' to the person who molested them.
Then there are the males who just plain and simply do Not have any knowledge on how to behave wth a female. They are so shy of themselves - let alone their bodies - that they keep company with their own kind to the point of 'thining' that they are in love with their own kind. Of course, someone of their own kind offering them protection and other physical things in life only adds to their staying the course and 'hiding' behind the guise of being a homosexual.
There is NO such thing as homosexual - ism....any more than there is NO such thing as an Atheist. There are Agnostics = YES, but there are NO atheists...try all they might, but they live with an eternal 'doubt' in their minds and hearts.
Your Pope 'chuckles' sometimes when thinking about a pair of 'so-called' homosexuals taking a one-Way trip to Mars with the full intentions of populating he planet.
While Your Pope believes in and accepts miracles, that would never come to be.
May the Peace and Blessings of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you ALL.
Your Pope
Francis I
Pope writes -- "Being homosexual is a 'choice'...and a bad one."

Actually the RCC now agrees with every major scientific organization in the USA that it is not a choice, but a physical trait.

For example, there is no conceivable reason why so many Catholic Priests worldwide would make that as a personal choice.

These Priests likely joined the clergy and went through so much training in order to avoid that trait. Yet they find they cannot because it is part of their nature - how they were born.

Duh!!! Who in their right mind and in their position would give up so much only to make a "personal choice" later that stands in complete opposition to their choice of the priesthood?

But bigotry and hatred compel this poster and others to take a stand that is against all reason, against modern science, and against what their church knows.

Many such as this poster use religion as a tool to give credence to their hatred and bigotry.

Now watch as most people -- in state after state -- turn their backs on this hatred. I think the trend towards acceptance has more to do with people being fed-up with bigots like this one, than standing with some gay people.

LMAO
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I typically see only the posts in direct reply to me and pass over >90% of the others. That being said, I'm glad I happened to notice Guest's recent posts. I agree with all of them I've read this morning.
Lol you guys really think you've got us fooled. If it was just you and guest left on here, you and her would bludgeon each other with scripture verses. Idiots. How long are you going to entwine complete ignorance with Christianity? Your illogical conspiracy Christianity vs guests illogical conspiracy Christianity. The Holy Spirit ain't bringing both of you to truth. Obviously.
Honestly, I can't even laugh at it anymore. Sure its comical, but its more sickening than anything.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley is sitting back enjoying a glass of the 'Red' and puffing on a fine cigar.
Stanley never gets mad. Stanley always gets even.
Your siding with this 'michael' schidt-for-brains only gets you another step closer to Stanley delegating a seat for you on one of the assigned BLACK Buses that will take you on your one-way trip to your ultimate party.
Now, if you would only take the time to haul that purple condom down out of your Queer partner 'michael's' arseHole, maybe you can still have time to wash it up for another go around 'before' our Father Merrin shows up and puts the fright of the 'beJaaus' into the both of you.
Go Figure.
This angry one sure obsesses over condoms and rear ends a lot.

He seems to be an expert.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
I remember asking the forum about David and Jonathan in the book of Samuel. Most of you so called Christians probably have never even read the books of Samuel have you,LOL? But there was an event in Samuel where David and Jonathan, the son of king Saul had become best friends and David made a statement to Jonathan that his love to him was better than the love of women. Now that was a rather leading statement. Now why in the world would David say that Jonathan's love to him was better than the love of women?
What do you guys think about that?
Also in another part of the book Saul seem to disapprove of the relationship that Jonathan had with David and he referred to him as the son of a perverse woman. To me that seems to speak volumes and seem to be more than meets the eye in that scripture.
Unfortunatley you will never get these folks to believe what is obvious within these scriptures.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jews believe today and what they believed 2000 years ago are two different things. They were watching for the Messiah then. Herod even put out a death decree for infants of the age. The prophecy of Daniel 9 is about a coming Messiah telling the exact year he would come. They knew. Many did convert. The first Christians were all Jews!
If this one had a clue, he'd know that the Jews of the day applied the term "son of God" to many prophets and leaders, such as King David.

"God knew them always" too.

But they never said those prophets or King David were gods.

The first Christians were indeed Jews. They worshiped as Jews, they followed Jewish law. We have their texts. It would have been impossible to view Jesus as God and remain a Jew.

This can easily be confirmed with a small amount of independent research, but ignorance is bliss.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Stanley says that if you had a brain..that you would be an Idiot.

Go Figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
This is alarming!
Beer contains female hormones!
Yes, that's right, FEMALE hormones!
Last month, Montreal University and scientists released the results of a recent
analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer. Men should take a
concerned look at their beer consumption.
The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain Phytoestrogens) and
that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.
To test the theory, 100 men each drank 8 schooners of beer within a one (1) hour
period.
It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects,
yes, 100% of all these men:
1) Argued over nothing.
2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong.
3) Gained weight.
4) Talked excessively without making sense.
5) Became overly emotional
6) Couldn't drive.
7) Failed to think rationally, and
8) Had to sit down while urinating.
No further testing was considered necessary!
Come along with Ollie and me as we celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

Why, even the beer is colored GREEN.

..and wait until you see 'the guys' put down 22-27 of 'em.

They don't bother to sit down to urinate. They just standUP and do in in their drawers.

...and another thingy, Stanley and I always have a drunken 'cop' drive us to and from the drinkUP.

So here's to St. Patrick....the Patron Saint of Ireland who drove ALL the snakes out of Ireland with a high perCentage of them ending up in TOPIX Forums.

Too bad, St. Patrick didn't have us around with our BLACK Buses. Those snakes would have gotten then one-way ride to their ultimate party.

Go Figure.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not address the word "seed", used twice, in Ge 3:15....
Use your imagination it boils down to two groups. The saved (good seed) and the lost (corrupt seed).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus has no crusaders or jihadist. You are a crusader for your bloody pope's empire which is not Christian. The Christians were victims of Rome's crusades.
This is why the Knights of Columbus and other papal Orders violate US law. They should have all their assets seized.
You, NOT being a Roman Catholic, have NO idea what you are talking about.

While the Christians were indeed victims of Rome's crusades to put an end to Christianity, the early Christians 'won out' and under Charlemagne the Roman Empire accepted Christianit and ALL forever after became Christiandom.

The Knights of columbus and 'other' Papal Orders have done more, and continue to tremendous work to help and assit the poor both at home and abroad in the areas of foodStuffs, medicines, equipment, technical assistance, doctors, nures, hospitals, special cancer wards, assistance for the Lepers (especially the Leper colony in Cuba), help to the high perCentage of HIV - infected peoples of West Africa along with supplies for them to combat River Blindness.

Now, do tell everyone....what have you done for your fellowMan today....other than schidt on him!!!

Stanley seems to think, and Stanley is seldom wrong, that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.

You are also a LIAR.

Go Figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

345 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 722,580
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min ocxz 115,849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 172,601
**** jesus loves you **** (Aug '07) 19 min Truths 48,600
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Truths 599,155
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 29 min Why because u 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Patrick 224,740
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Commander Bunny 257,179
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr varun 125