Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,627)

Showing posts 412,521 - 412,540 of511,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If Canes wife was his sister, than that goes against all our own moral beliefs including the 10 commandments. What is the point in creating only 1 man and 1 woman if incest was the start of all of us?
Same with Mary and Joseph. The story claims Mary was very young, and Joseph was very old. My mother would not approve of a 40 something man dating my 15 year old sister.........another flawed moral teaching.
You are missing some crucial information.

If we are to use biblical history, "God" destroyed the planet of humans and life, except for Noah and the ark of animals. Noah was saved because he was "righteous in the eyes of God", thus, the "fall of Adam" is no longer a valid argument, because we are all born from Noah's righteousness.

Thus, one could also postulate that Jesus' death was not for what Christianity exclaims, "the release of sin from humanity".

They've been duped by men, but we haven't been, so we try to help the less fortunate.

It is their Self that gets to choose to accept this help or not.

Good post Mike!
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE is it written "in the bible" that EVERY word, EVERY phrase, EVERY sentence "MUST" be in the bible in order for it to be true.
Protestants "fundies" have "made this up"---on their own--it is concocted and an invented (MYTH)-and it has "absolutely (no basis) of biblical or historical truth--that confirms or backs your "ridiculous-(nowhere in the bible) claim!! Where are the words:
1.Bible
2.Bible only
3.Sola Scriptura
4.Trinity
5."personal relationship with Jesus"
The fact is NOWHERE! Just like the word "Catholic" is NOWHERE!---However it appears "all throughout Church History" from the year 057AD (which means Universal) and that is proof enough for ALL OF US CATHOLICS throughout the world and on this forum!!!
hojo:WHERE is it written "in the bible" that EVERY word, EVERY phrase, EVERY sentence "MUST" be in the bible in order for it to be true.
JETHRO:since the bible has nothing to do with god/jesus as far as it being written,the early church fathers were carefull in their phrasing,knowing full well their traditions and beliefs would change over time,which they have done many times and claim they are inspired by gods will,B.S. just like this vote picking pope nonsense,nothing holy about that.it's a good scam though since vatican city is a tourist trap,it owns novelty,clothing etc.stores right outside the walls of the vatican.like i posted before monday morning before the vote was taken a priest i believe it was,was talking to a news person from boston and he stated that francis was a good name choice for the NEW POPE,so tell me how did he know that when no vote had not taken place yet?? i e-mailed the news station,trying to get a tape of that conversation to back up my post,hopefully they'll comply. and like you state not all is written and that appears quote "all throughout Church History",only your churches history,nowhere else,and catholic church history is definately not devine history so it is meaningless.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the seeding of the planet is the reason the book of sumarians was removed from the bible after the dicovery of early sumerian caves,where people dressed and looked like nothing found on earth,and big thing found were drawings of what looked like flying machines,also archeologists found little artifacts made out of gold mostly that look like modern day planes were found,now this dates back 5000 yrs and more,how can you explain it? man had no knowledge of flight whatsoever,or even the iintelligence and machinery needed to build a flying machine,yet you find paintings around the world,basically showing the exact same thing that each civilization either just drew or actually saw,i'd go with seeing it,and the most important piece of all is the 5000 yr old painting of madona with a child,sun over her right shoulder a man standing on a hill looking at and pointing to a flying object over her left shoulder,explain that.
"also archeologists found little artifacts made out of gold mostly that look like modern day planes were found"
- now this is an interesting topic....although off-topic by far.

Who cares, maybe this little bit of detail will help others to research what we write more often.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm

This isn't new information either. A group of engineers decided to put these artifacts to the real test - can they fly? This is a link to their sucessful experiment.
http://reinep.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/finall...

Unfortunately for modern man, and the people who want to keep these truths hidden, we are aware. We are aware that what we have learned is wrong, not only through religions, but also through archeological evidence as this.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Let the consciousness change begin!! This is the "new age" I speak of.

Self - learn it, live it, love it!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
745 473 416
<quoted text>
You would not understand Scripture regardless whom explained it to you...the Bible says so:
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I understand it,it'a a book written by men claiming it to be inspired by holy scriptures,but it can not be authenticated in any way.the book covers all the good and evil that man can do and supposedly a higher power is guiding us to be good rather than evil,and their is an evil power trying to guide us in the opposite direction.and the stories are copies of stories written way before christianity that over embelished to make them seem holy.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is wierd how they praise the female gender "as part of their organization", yet treat females as if they are squishing them between their fingers.
- no priests
- nuns must follow our direction
It really is quite sad to know that they demean women through their belief and teachings.
slave labor is what it boils down too.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

nap time,be back later.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I report all the statistics, you just want to deny them.
HOJO sometimes the truth hurts, you must really be hurtn'
Oh, you mean "exaggerated. distorted, over-blown and (twisted) statistics, that you "dig up" in some obscure (anti-catholic website) that you (continually) "spread around on this forum" in order to "satisfy and "feed your" quest for revenge against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church!......... Yes, and I will refute, debunk and deny them every time, Michael, because I know the anti-catholic "hostility" that is behind everything that you are posting and ALL of the other Catholics (Clay, Regina, Anthony, Star, etc.) ALSO know it!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are missing some crucial information.
If we are to use biblical history, "God" destroyed the planet of humans and life, except for Noah and the ark of animals. Noah was saved because he was "righteous in the eyes of God", thus, the "fall of Adam" is no longer a valid argument, because we are all born from Noah's righteousness.
Thus, one could also postulate that Jesus' death was not for what Christianity exclaims, "the release of sin from humanity".
They've been duped by men, but we haven't been, so we try to help the less fortunate.
It is their Self that gets to choose to accept this help or not.
Good post Mike!
Cut through all the red tape of adam and eve, Noah and the animals two by two, and the Jesus story.

Maybe God himself should come down from heaven, appear to everyone in a way they we would all understand. Do the Job that Jesus and the Holy spirit have failed to do. Bring humanity together. We have had nothing but divisivness throughout our existance with no light for EVERYONE at the end of the tunnel. If God truly created all of us, I can't believe he did this to divide us as we are.

God could do this, because he is God.

I know I am going to get a raft of negative judgies but plan A is not working.........its time for plan B, by God himself.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean "exaggerated. distorted, over-blown and (twisted) statistics, that you "dig up" in some obscure (anti-catholic website) that you (continually) "spread around on this forum" in order to "satisfy and "feed your" quest for revenge against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church!......... Yes, and I will refute, debunk and deny them every time, Michael, because I know the anti-catholic "hostility" that is behind everything that you are posting and ALL of the other Catholics (Clay, Regina, Anthony, Star, etc.) ALSO know it!!
thanks again! for reading my post.

The biggest letdown you will ever experience is when you see me in heaven in a room right across from yours. Room #1629

I think I will put a request into God to have you moved to a basement apartment, beside the noisy elevator and ice machine.(lol)

Its all in fun......
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....GONG!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It is odd, how someone may express love, goodness, and kindness openly to the world, there is always someone who, just because you believe differently, will wnat to pull the rug from under you, because they claim superiority over your non-belief.
hojo is just uninformed, ignorant, and more than likely brainwashed by someone, because all he does he say the same thing over and over again - like someone who is brainwashed.
He really sounds like he is expressing a smoke signal of help, because it sounds like he is very angry and frustrated.
*shrugs*
Hey - we've tried to help him. His Self is not of the Light.
... God from the Old Testament was the all Punishing God and everyone feared him.

...The New Testament created the "new and improved" ALL LOVING GOD, who is merciful for our mistakes.

What a difference a God makes.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus is suppose to punish for wrongdoings, I must be doing things right. Everyday is better than the day before.
...Life is good for me, and I can imagine Clay and HOJO hearing that, makes their blood boil.
What? Im sure life is very good for you. Didn't you just enjoy a nice warm vacation in Arizona? That doesn't make my blood boil at all. Eventually it will all end for you. Just like everyone else (including me) we'll be laying in the gutter of human life, staring up at the sky; taking our last breath. Your 'gutter' might be a comfy hospital bed and maybe mine will too. But since its the setting for our final breath in this World, I'll call it a gutter.
If there is a God, you'll know for sure shortly after.
For me, I already know and I don't need to die to see Him.
I don't want to die because I want to be around to help my children to Heaven as well as continue to love and support my family. You don't want to die because you want to enjoy this life some more. Right? Well, have at it Mike...enjoy until its done.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think HOJO has OBSSESIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER (OCD) that makes him post the exact same thing over and over, over and over........now he has me doing it.(lol)
The fact is Michael, you don't know how to post the same truth because you "manipulate, distort and exaggerate" what you claim is truth---with every comment!! Why?? Because it is not truth at all!! It is ALL RELATIVE--- based upon yours and some other anti-catholics "opinion"!

The TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the TRUTH of TRUE Sacred Church History, and the TRUE TEACHINGS and DOCTRINE of Jesus Christs One True Church--(needs to be "and is" repeated over and over again) in order for it to (maybe)--- or (possibly_--- "sink in" to you that have "rejected these TRUTHS!--------- You "fundie" Protestants, atheists and agnostics keep "RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES", listening to, and making up (your own personal} "Relative Editorial Truth" (what each person thinks --for them--is truth) which is (nothing but) contradiction, confusion, chaos and half-truth (at best) Christian relativism. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, and that TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church --- NOT-----in 42.000 inconsistent, contradicting "relative (personal opinionated) truths"!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks again! for reading my post.
The biggest letdown you will ever experience is when you see me in heaven in a room right across from yours. Room #1629
I think I will put a request into God to have you moved to a basement apartment, beside the noisy elevator and ice machine.(lol)
Its all in fun......
The thing you risk vs other Atheist, is you go out of your way to mock God and Christianity. Obviously, an Atheist who was raised that way - perhaps behind the Iron Curtain, would have a decent chance at Heaven I would think. Only God can decide such a thing. And only God can see into your soul too. But from what I can tell, is: you not ONLY want no part of this God thing...you want others to NOT have a part of Him either. THAT is where the real danger to your soul lays. You attempt to steer others away from God every single day.
Maybe you're not so content with being Atheist...
Come out of her MY people

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

God is not found in the Catholic church. A person who wants to be in Heaven MUST repent to Jesus ONLY. No priest, sacraments, Mary will save you! I am a former Catholic. Saved by the BLOOD that Jesus shed on the cross for the remission of sins. Not by the Catholic church for sure. God showed me their atrocities and I would NEVER step foot in that demonic lying church again!!! The Bible says you must be born again. Catholics have NO IDEA what they even really mean's. Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Joh 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Joh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Joh 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
IF YOU EXPECT TO MAKE IT INTO GOD'S KINGDOM REPENT TODAY TO JESUS AND SEEK HIM THROUGH THE KING JAMES BIBLE BY READING AND ASKING GOD TO SHOW YOU THE TRUTH. HE WILL IF YOU HAVE AN EAR TO HEAR AND REALLY WANT HIS TRUTH.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Im sure life is very good for you. Didn't you just enjoy a nice warm vacation in Arizona? That doesn't make my blood boil at all. Eventually it will all end for you. Just like everyone else (including me) we'll be laying in the gutter of human life, staring up at the sky; taking our last breath. Your 'gutter' might be a comfy hospital bed and maybe mine will too. But since its the setting for our final breath in this World, I'll call it a gutter.
If there is a God, you'll know for sure shortly after.
For me, I already know and I don't need to die to see Him.
I don't want to die because I want to be around to help my children to Heaven as well as continue to love and support my family. You don't want to die because you want to enjoy this life some more. Right? Well, have at it Mike...enjoy until its done.
Thats right, I will be all dressed up in my new suit in the casket with nowhere to go.

I have never hurt, molested, done drugs, abused alcohol, never been arrested, never in jail, I help those in need. If that isn't enough of living a good life for God to beam me aboard than thats not the God I think about.

Believe what you want, I just hope you don't treat one of your children or family members differently if they don't choose the same path you do.

There is one NewYork city, but hundreds of ways of getting there. If there is a heaven, I would say the same thing.

socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
If Canes wife was his sister, than that goes against all our own moral beliefs including the 10 commandments. What is the point in creating only 1 man and 1 woman if incest was the start of all of us?

Same with Mary and Joseph. The story claims Mary was very young, and Joseph was very old. My mother would not approve of a 40 something man dating my 15 year old sister.........another flawed moral teaching.

Family intermarriage was allowed by God during those early years. God later changed this in Leviticus. This was no problem for their genetics at that time.

The point of females marrying ASAP is the family and no single women thus endless fornication and sex immorality as we see today. The men, like Jesus, stayed with their family until older able to support themselves. The young men are often unable to support themselves. Jesus was 30 before getting baptized.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
The difference one testament makes in changing God himself.
The Old Testament that forms the christian scriptures are stories about ONE GOD and a God that instills FEAR. Stories about a punishing God. A God who wiped out millions with one swath. All guilty.
The New Testament is a modern update about God himself who has gone from a single God to three persons in one God, and from the OT FEARFUL God to the NT of an all loving and merciful God.
Did God change with the times, or is it man that created God, to change with the times.
OLD TESTAMENT......ONE GOD
OLD TESTAMENT....ALL PUNISHING GOD TO BE FEARED.
NEW TESTAMENT.....3 PERSONS IN ONE GOD.
NEW TESTAMENT.....ALL LOVING MERCIFUL GOD.
UNBELIEVABLE!
God is just. God cannot coexist with sin. God was a merciful God in the OT. The OT individuals had a method of sacrifices to deal with the sin problem - all pointing forward to Jesus Christ. When the fullness of time came, Jesus was born and his mission was to deal with our sin problem. God sent Jesus as God flesh to place the Christian's sin upon himself to be sacrificed allowing us to be presented sinless and Holy. God sent His Spirit to guide the Apostles and His Spirit lives in each Christian as each Christian is in Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 412,521 - 412,540 of511,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

632 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Have you ever seen your parents having sex? (Jul '12) 2 min jeanie 39
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aura Mytha 216,169
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Dusty Mangina 89,359
Money is the God of USA (Aug '13) 7 min andet1987 45
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Aura Mytha 250,242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,056
if someone is smoking a cigarrette, what does i... 10 min andet1987 5
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 48 min Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 49 min Oscar 102