Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,911
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#427997 Mar 15, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
Yeah, Stanley and I, being Crusaders for the Holy Roman Catholic Church and Jesus Christ....will chase down ALL and ANY miscreant and misguiding arseHole like you.

Jesus has no crusaders or jihadist. You are a crusader for your bloody pope's empire which is not Christian. The Christians were victims of Rome's crusades.

This is why the Knights of Columbus and other papal Orders violate US law. They should have all their assets seized.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#427998 Mar 15, 2013

Pope Francis has direct ties with the South American dirty wars.

Priest’s Life Sentence Draws Widespread Praise
BUENOS AIRES, Oct 10 (IPS)- The life sentence handed down to former police chaplain Christian Von Wernich, a symbol of the Argentine Catholic Church’s complicity with the 1976-1983 military dictatorship, was described Wednesday by Argentine President Nestor Kirchner as "a good example for the world."
www.ipsnews.net/2007/10/rights-argentina-prie...
www.consortiumnews.com/1999/111299a.html
www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB73/index.h...
www.youtube.com/watch...

Juan Peron & ‘Cocaine Politics’
South American Death Squads of the recent past
By Robert Reed

On June 20, 1973, South America teetered between its past and its future. Former Argentine Gen. Juan Peron, one of the region's legendary strongmen, was returning from a 17-year exile.

By 1976, the Argentine military had seen enough. Top generals staged a coup that put Isabela Peron under a comfortable house arrest. Some of Peron's cronies, such as the Corsican Chiappe, suffered a worse fate. To placate Washington, the military regime of Gen. Jorge Videla finally extradited Chiappe to the United States.

But most of the drug-tainted Triple-A operation survived and grew more powerful. Working more openly with the Argentine security forces, rightist goon squads "disappeared" tens of thousands of suspected leftists.

The victims underwent bizarre tortures that combined Middle Age crudity with some Nazi-like innovations. There were Medieval-style genital mutilations, gang rapes, skin peeling, burning with hot coals and acids, and immersion in water befouled with human waste.

But there were also newer twists to break the human will: applying electric shocks, using family mementos to inflict pain, engaging in humiliating torture in front of family members, and involving doctors to make sure that the victim did not die prematurely.

After the torture, many of the captives were shot and buried in mass graves. Others were stripped naked, shackled together and dumped from planes into the ocean.

In the United States, the Carter administration objected to these gross abuses of human rights. But the CIA maintained close ties to Argentine intelligence and other right-wing elements in South America.

Some prominent politicians, such as former California Gov. Ronald Reagan, even expressed public sympathy for the Argentine military. In one radio commentary, Reagan chastised assistant secretary of state Pat Darien for her human-rights protests, saying she should "walk a mile in the moccasins" of the Argentine generals before criticizing them.

The Argentine military also banded together with six other South American military dictatorships in Operation Condor, which hunted down leftists and other dissidents around the world.
www.consortiumnews.com/1999/111299a.html
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#427999 Mar 15, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Happy Sabbath everyone !!!
And shabbot Shalom to you...However did you know their was A god named hap.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#428002 Mar 15, 2013
socci wrote:
Pope Francis has direct ties with the South American dirty wars.
And YOU my friend, have direct ties to the same old bible only Protestant, "dirty laundry list" that relies "totally" on "digging up" any kind of "exaggerated trash news" it can find, in your "failed attempt" to undermine the ONE TRUTH Church of Jesus Christ----The Catholic Church!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428003 Mar 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="MICHAEL"
If Canes wife was his sister, than that goes against all our own moral beliefs including the 10 commandments. What is the point in creating only 1 man and 1 woman if incest was the start of all of us?
Same with Mary and Joseph. The story claims Mary was very young, and Joseph was very old. My mother would not approve of a 40 something man dating my 15 year old sister.........another flawed moral teaching.
Worldly people have mistreated the Bible in an attempt to destroy it. All Godly people are pictured in story books as toothless and shaggy headed. If they were cave-men, why are others well groomed, and in fancy houses? Joseph WAS NOT an old widower. Someone was trying to reason that no young man would marry a teen-ager who was pregnant.
What difference does it make that we don't know where Cain got his wife?
Don't let your bad experience with people turn you against God. THAT leaves you with THEM alone, and NO God! HE is the One Who is REAL.
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#428004 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
949 792 494 414
<quoted text>
In Ge 3:15 show me the word "egg"...
the sda cultist doesnt understand that when that word {seed} was used, it was only used figuritively, not literally.lol.

it was speaking of a prophecy in which the Messiah would be that fulfillment.

Location hidden

#428005 Mar 15, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is the seed referred to here. In order for it to be her seed it had to be a part of her and come from her egg being fertilized. No mystrey becuase God's word said the Holy Spirit over shadowed her and she concieved.
The definition of seed is not Christ...can't be...it also speaks of the seed of the devil...

Look: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

See "between thy seed and her seed".....

btw: the devil aim't got no egg to be fertilized, vulcanized or pasteurized!!!!!!!!! And he ain't never conceived!!!!!

Location hidden

#428006 Mar 15, 2013
004 949 792 494 414
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the sda cultist doesnt understand that when that word {seed} was used, it was only used figuritively, not literally.lol.
it was speaking of a prophecy in which the Messiah would be that fulfillment.
Horse puckett.....

Location hidden

#428007 Mar 15, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow,your question is totally understandable,and it sheds the light also on the fact that Mary was truly married in betrothal to Joseph.There is no intercourse naturally between God and Mary in her receiving that HOLY Sperm which indeed was the SON of the Living God.Besides the Scriptures say that the Holy Spirit was responsible for placing that SEED into the womb of that precious maiden.
gonna call you aliar on this statement since the bible DOESNT SAY A SEED WAS PLACED IN MARYS WOMB AND LIKE THE DEVIL WORSHIPPER, THE WORD [SEED] THAT IS USED IN GENESIS IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH, NOTHING MORE.

SINCE YOU WORK IN A HOSPITAL, WHY DONT YOU GO TO YOUR OB/GYN SECTION AND ASK ANY DOCTOR IF A SPIRIT CAN GET A FLESHLY WOMAN PREGNANT, AND WHEN YOU DO THE WHOLE HOSPITAL WILL WONDER WHY HE IS LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOU.LOL

Location hidden

#428008 Mar 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The One True Catholic Church has been verified, recorded and proven for over 2000 years and whether I repeat it over and over again, doesn't change change "anything"! It still remains an authenticated and proven FACT of biblical and historical Church History! What it comes down to is that your "rejection and denial" of this recorded TRUTH of the Catholic Church --now becomes "your problem"! Your denial of the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Church has not,and will not "EVER" make it "untrue"!
Hogwash!!!!!

Like most Catholics, you ignore the teaching of your pope approved NABre Bible. Regards Mt 16:18 it teaches:

Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....

Location hidden

#428009 Mar 15, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jews believe today and what they believed 2000 years ago are two different things. They were watching for the Messiah then. Herod even put out a death decree for infants of the age. The prophecy of Daniel 9 is about a coming Messiah telling the exact year he would come. They knew. Many did convert. The first Christians were all Jews!
Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

They are still waiting for their Messiah.

Location hidden

#428010 Mar 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are "confused" as ever guest!! The fact is that the TRUTH, which is in Jesus Christ, is manifested (completely) IN and THROUGH His One TRUE Catholic Church. Biblical and Historical Church History "confirms" this TRUTH (over and over again) and that TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS be "grounded" in Our Lords One True Catholic Church........ It is the FULLNESS of that TRUTH and the FAITH that has set "all of us Catholics free" from the bondage of divisive bible only Protestantism which has "little to offer"as it continues to "desperately hang on" to its half-truth "Relative editorialize truth" which is, in fact, "bits and pieces" of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church!
Hogwash!!!!!

Like most Catholics, you ignore the teaching of your pope approved NABre Bible. Regards Mt 16:18 it teaches:

Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture...

Location hidden

#428011 Mar 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU my friend, have direct ties to the same old bible only Protestant, "dirty laundry list" that relies "totally" on "digging up" any kind of "exaggerated trash news" it can find, in your "failed attempt" to undermine the ONE TRUTH Church of Jesus Christ----The Catholic Church!!!!
Hogwash!!!!!

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture...

Location hidden

#428012 Mar 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You... as well as my self.... can only speculate...about what God did and How Mary conceived..
THE FACT THAT SHE BIRTH JESUS IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT
I have never claimed to have all of the answers..I only gave my opinion..and truth being known ,,,that is all you can give.
So cut the insults and be the loving Christin you supposed to be.
To be honest..You don't know any more than any one else does about the subject.
We both know how a Christian supposed to behave himself toward others....The Bible does not leave that to speculation....
for a person to CORRECT you doesnt take away from their Salvation and Christianity, and for you to try and silence them, DOES TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE.the Bible is clear that we are to help out those who are ignorant of What the Bible teaches.

even Jethro has enough carnal knowledge to know that God a Spirit, did not have intercourse with Mary and get her Pregnant, as you and PAD try to suggest that HE placed a[seed] in her womb, making Mary pregnant(not to mention the sdda cultist).

even the sperm of a man will not get a woman pregnant unless it fertilizes her egg.AND GOD HAS NO SPERM.

SOME DAY, SOME OF YOU MIGTH WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT WHAT GOD PLACED INTO HER WOMB WAS ALREADY FORMED AND REQUIRED NOTHING FROM MARY.

as I have said numerous times, if the egg of mary was used, then jesus was half man and half God.

it is a shame that many of the people on here are not able to see something as simple as this Birth.

AND UNLIKE OXBORN{PROBABLY}, I DO HAVE OVER 50 YEARS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.

Location hidden

#428013 Mar 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>gonna call you aliar on this statement since the bible DOESNT SAY A SEED WAS PLACED IN MARYS WOMB AND LIKE THE DEVIL WORSHIPPER, THE WORD [SEED] THAT IS USED IN GENESIS IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH, NOTHING MORE.
SINCE YOU WORK IN A HOSPITAL, WHY DONT YOU GO TO YOUR OB/GYN SECTION AND ASK ANY DOCTOR IF A SPIRIT CAN GET A FLESHLY WOMAN PREGNANT, AND WHEN YOU DO THE WHOLE HOSPITAL WILL WONDER WHY HE IS LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOU.LOL
Your words: THE WORD [SEED] THAT IS USED IN GENESIS IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH, NOTHING MORE.

That is as moronic as it gets....

Location hidden

#428014 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
004 949 792 494 414
<quoted text>
Horse puckett.....
I am very curious, Is there anyone that speaks the truth on here excepting you, of course?lol
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428015 Mar 15, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>And shabbot Shalom to you...However did you know their was A god named hap.
Nope did not know that. Glad I saig Happy not hap........lol

Location hidden

#428016 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of seed is not Christ...can't be...it also speaks of the seed of the devil...
Look: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
btw: the devil aim't got no egg to be fertilized, vulcanized or pasteurized!!!!!!!!! And he ain't never conceived!!!!!
and horse apples to you ox. this is figuritive, not literal.

and it speaks of the warfare between jesus and the devil

Location hidden

#428017 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words: THE WORD [SEED] THAT IS USED IN GENESIS IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH, NOTHING MORE.
That is as moronic as it gets....
only to morons and prosimians such as yourself.lol

like you just posted, the devil aint got no [seed].lol.

so it must be figuritive.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428018 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Promise in Eden
The pathetic story of man's fall is related in Genesis chapter 3. The serpent was cursed for misquoting God's word and tempting Eve to disobey it. The man and woman were punished for their disobedience. But a ray of hope comes into this dark picture when God says to the serpent:-

"I will put enmity (hatred, opposition) between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it (the woman's seed) shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel" (Gen. 3:15).

This verse is highly concentrated; we need to carefully define the various things involved. A "seed" means a descendant or child, but it can also refer to the people associated with the particular "seed". We will see later that Abraham's "seed" was Jesus (Gal. 3:16), but that if we are "in" Jesus by baptism, then we also are the seed (Gal. 3:27-29). This word "seed" also refers to the idea of sperm (1 Pet. 1:23); so a true seed will have the characteristics of its father.

The seed of the serpent must therefore refer to that which has the family likeness of the serpent:-

distorting God's Word
lying
leading others into sin.
We will see in Study 6 that there is not a literal person doing this, but that within us there is

"our old man" of the flesh (Rom. 6:6)
"the natural man" (1 Cor. 2:14)
"the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts" (Eph. 4:22)
"the old man with his deeds" (Col. 3:9).
This "man" of sin within us is the Biblical "devil", the seed of the serpent.

The seed of the woman was to be a specific individual - "thou (the serpent's seed) shalt bruise his heel" (Gen. 3:15). This person was to permanently crush the serpent's seed, i.e. sin - "it shall bruise thy head". Hitting a snake on the head is a death blow - seeing its brain is in its head. The only person who is a likely candidate for the seed of the woman must be the Lord Jesus:-

Jesus Christ, who hath (by the cross) abolished death (and therefore the power of sin - Rom. 6:23), and hath brought life and immortality to light through the Gospel" (2 Tim. 1:10).

"God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh", i.e. the Biblical devil, the seed of the serpent (Rom. 8:3).

Jesus "was manifested to take away our sins"(1 Jn. 3:5).

"Thou shalt call his name Jesus (meaning "Saviour"):for he shall save his people from their sins" (Mt. 1:21).

Jesus was literally "made of a woman" (Gal. 4:4) as the son of Mary, although God was his Father. Thus in this sense, too, he was the seed of the woman, although provided by God in a way no other man has been. This seed of the woman was to be temporarily wounded by sin, the seed of the serpent - "thou shalt bruise his heel" (Gen. 3:15). A snake bite on the heel is normally a temporary wound, compared to the permanence of hitting the snake on the head. Many figures of speech have Biblical roots: "knock it on the head" (i.e. completely stop or end something) is probably based on this prophecy of Jesus hitting the snake on the head.

http://www.christadelphians.com/biblebasics/0...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min mike 441,445
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min lil whispers 602,273
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 39 min sofia 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 51 min River Tam 751,219
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min MUQ1 261,710
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 59 min Rick Moss 37,277
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 174,429
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr USN Atheist 5,511
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Dave Nelson 230,104

Top Stories People Search