Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
412,441 - 412,460 of 538,786 Comments Last updated 38 min ago

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#427925 Mar 15, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin of course was just a man not to be used as any source for spiritual guidance, unlike the men who wrote the Bible guided by God, who only could have revealed what was written.
Also, Carlin was Catholic. That was his view of god.
you're entitled to your opinion of him & i'm entitled to mine.

i caught his routine a few years ago before he died and it was about as funny as listening to a an angry & jaded conspiracy-theorist junkie rant on & on about how they hate authority.

United States

#427926 Mar 15, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
He is talking to Jesus, firstborn over all creation. I quoted scripture and said I have more I can quote.
-
-
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>what your saying is jesus was an adult in heaven,then sent to the earth as a baby?according to legend god and jesus are one in the same,so how is that possible? does god have a split personality? can the trinity really be possible?(the son,the god,the holy spirit?),logic as we know it says no,and if you told someone you were "the son,the god,the holy spirit" it would be rubber room time for you or anyone who claimed that,but then again in the bible we are suppose to except it as holy truth, and not something some off balanced person wrote in a book.a lot of people today say they have spoken to god,and have done horible things claiming god told them todo it, and their either locked up or sent to a phsycologist,but when abraham was going to burn his son alive on gods orders it is seen as being ok,to me i think being out in the desert in the hot sun affected him,that is what people would say if someone did this act in todays society.do you agree??...lets see a bit more script,to prove your point,also something that corroborates what you are saying is factual.
we need to go back and find my post, I forgot where it is. It lists scripture describing Jesus relationship with God the Father before he was transferred to earth to live as a human.

United States

#427927 Mar 15, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
no. 1 day to God equals 1,000 years to man is two different viewpoints of time.
1 day to MAN is 1 day.
1,000 years to MAN is 1,000 years to MAN ... but to GOD, it's *like* a day ... because he's been around forever, there was never a time that God did not exist.
-
-
jethro8 wrote:
how can you prove god existed in all of time? there is nothing that corroborates the bible/scriptures. a 1000 yrs. is a day to god,is there scripture that states this?? if so, what book is it written in? would love to check it out.
-
-
Psalm 90:
http://niv.scripturetext.com/psalms/90.htm

4 A thousand years in your sight

are like a day that has just gone by,

or like a watch in the night.
-
This scripture illustrates how humans can easily comprehend the concept of a *day*, and that a *1,000 year* segment of time, is more difficult to comprehend.
-
It is repeated in 2 Peter.
http://bible.cc/2_peter/3-8.htm
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
-
Jethro, what is amazing about these two scriptures, is that: They describe time from two different perspectives. From God's perspective, and from man's perspective.
-
Man is limited by what he can understand, and for thousands of years we did not understand that time is *relative* to who you are and where you are as it is happening. Albert Einstein described this phenomenon in his famous equation E=mc^2 E equals m c squared.

Where "E" equals "energy", "m" equals "mass" and "c squared" equals the "speed of light times itself".
This equations show how time is compressed if you are traveling at the speed of light squared.
-
This WAS a theory for a very long time, until it was proven by our having to even recalibrate clocks on man made satellites which are orbiting the earth. These satellites are moving FASTER than the earth's clocks, and so their time is actually compressed. It is "less than" the same time as has transpired on the earth.

here is a scientific explanation:
http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/As...

It is this concept that keeps me believing the Word of God is inspired, and that it was preserved by Holy Spirit.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#427928 Mar 15, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The egg, rather obviously..
There were eggs long before there were chickens.
Want to argue about who is "buried" in Grant's Tomb?
Rob
just asking, lol

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427929 Mar 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut through all the red tape of adam and eve, Noah and the animals two by two, and the Jesus story.
Maybe God himself should come down from heaven, appear to everyone in a way they we would all understand. Do the Job that Jesus and the Holy spirit have failed to do. Bring humanity together. We have had nothing but divisivness throughout our existance with no light for EVERYONE at the end of the tunnel. If God truly created all of us, I can't believe he did this to divide us as we are.
God could do this, because he is God.
I know I am going to get a raft of negative judgies but plan A is not working.........its time for plan B, by God himself.
One would think that is all it takes, if "God" was able.

Liek I've stated, I don't believe "God" has any control over this world - nor any "Satan" being.

If anything, both entities would be of a spiritual realm.

But gullible, indoctrinated, uneducated, and uninformed folks believe it to be a different way, and continue believing the lie.

Albuquerque, NM

#427930 Mar 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Michael, you don't know how to post the same truth because you "manipulate, distort and exaggerate" what you claim is truth---with every comment!! Why?? Because it is not truth at all!! It is ALL RELATIVE--- based upon yours and some other anti-catholics "opinion"!
The TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the TRUTH of TRUE Sacred Church History, and the TRUE TEACHINGS and DOCTRINE of Jesus Christs One True Church--(needs to be "and is" repeated over and over again) in order for it to (maybe)--- or (possibly_--- "sink in" to you that have "rejected these TRUTHS!--------- You "fundie" Protestants, atheists and agnostics keep "RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES", listening to, and making up (your own personal} "Relative Editorial Truth" (what each person thinks --for them--is truth) which is (nothing but) contradiction, confusion, chaos and half-truth (at best) Christian relativism. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, and that TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church --- NOT-----in 42.000 inconsistent, contradicting "relative (personal opinionated) truths"!
Actually, no hojo - what you do is a tactic that is called "brainwashing", and has been used by all kinds of people and cults to control their followers. I can see it works very well with you.

Repeating it over and over again, will NOT make it true.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#427931 Mar 15, 2013
879 833 698
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you posted "thanks for proving my words" As a child did your dad pat you on the head everytime you were right.
You must be from a bragging family.
Just being courteous...would you rather I be discourteous????

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#427932 Mar 15, 2013
890 745 473 416
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I understand it,it'a a book written by men claiming it to be inspired by holy scriptures,but it can not be authenticated in any way.the book covers all the good and evil that man can do and supposedly a higher power is guiding us to be good rather than evil,and their is an evil power trying to guide us in the opposite direction.and the stories are copies of stories written way before christianity that over embelished to make them seem holy.
See???? Did I not tell you????

Albuquerque, NM

#427933 Mar 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If that isn't enough of living a good life for God to beam me aboard than thats not the God I think about.
I agree.

You've brought up a very good point, Mike.

A "loving God" would not put "His children" in a place of torment, as Christianity wants to dictate and put the fear of into its followers.

IMO - when we die, we are transported to some other "invisible world" and live a new "life" of sorts. Not one of torment or hatred as some hope others to have. That is their folly and it will more than likely bite them in the rear for thinking this way [Self].

They need to get past their hatred of others, before anything positive can truly happen.

I'm gonna give you "kudos" when I am standing next to Jesus, okay?

He'll KNOW you my friend!!

;o)

United States

#427934 Mar 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Robert Dye"
Marge, if you want to give it a shot, please try, by all means.
Now, using SCRIPTURE ALONE, prove that John 14 should be recognized as authoritative/scripture.
Rob
Robert Dye wrote:
If I hand you a book, any book, and said, "Here. The words in this book are from God, and are authoritative. Follow them," you would be right to question the claim.
If the only support I could offer was something written in the book I handed you, then I would be engaging in circular argument, which is fruitless.
I don't expect you to accept this, but that makes it no less logically true.
I do NOT accept that scripture is the inspired Word of God because "scripture says so," but because the witness of the early Church, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit *proclaims* it so.
And I accept the witness of the early Church, continued to be proclaimed down through the ages, via Apostolic Succession. Primary among that witness are the Sacred Scriptures.
But hey are part of the witness of the early Church, not the witness itself.
When you make the scriptures an idol, as many Christians have done, you turn from God and the Spirit, and elevate yourself to the position of God.(Which is what Original Sin, whether we talk about the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel, is all about. Hubris.)
Rob
Same as before, Robert Dye. My words in all caps ....
If I hand you a book, any book, and said, "Here. The words in this book are from God, and are authoritative. Follow them," you would be right to question the claim.(RIGHT TO QUESTION THE CLAIM OF *ANY BOOK* BUT NOT RIGHT TO QUESTION THE *CLAIM* THAT PAPAL INFALLIBILITY IS SACROSANCT WHEN THEY CONTRADICT ONE ANOTHER AND MANY HAVE PROVED TO BE DOWNRIGHT EVIL PERSONIFIED?)
If the only support I could offer was something written in the book I handed you, then I would be engaging in circular argument, which is fruitless.(THE CIRCULAR ARGUMENT THAT PAPAL INFALLIBILITY IS SACROSANCT, EVEN THOUGH IT **BOLDLY** CONTRADICTS THE WORD OF GOD, EVEN THE DIRECT QUOTES FROM JESUS HIMSELF - IS NOTING BU CIRCULAR ARGUMENT AND FRUITLESS.)
I don't expect you to accept this, but that makes it no less logically true.(THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T ACCEPT THE WRITTEN WORDS OF EVEN CHRIST HIMSELF, DO NOT MAKE THEM ANY LESS TRUE. THE FACT THAT THE POPE COMES ALONG AND SAYS SOMETHING TOTALLY CONTRADICTING THE VERY WORDS OF CHRIST, ABSOLUTELY SHOWS THE POPE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.)
I do NOT accept that scripture is the inspired Word of God because "scripture says so," but because the witness of the early Church, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit *proclaims* it so.(YOU SAY OUTRIGHT THAT YOU *BELIEVE* THE WORD OF GOD IS INSPIRED BY HOLY SPIRIT, AND YET YOU DENY THE POWER OF THIS SAME HOLY SPIRIT TO PRESERVE GOD'S WORD. DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT THIS ACT, IN AND OF ITSELF, IS THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN?)
And I accept the witness of the early Church, continued to be proclaimed down through the ages, via Apostolic Succession. Primary among that witness are the Sacred Scriptures.(THE *WITNESS* OF THE EARLY CHURCH ... YOU SOUND LIKE ANY MORMON WHO STATES, "WE BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD INSOFAR AS IT HAS BEEN TRANSLATED CORRECTLY." ONLY THING IS ... IS THEY BELIEVE THE BIBLE HAS *NOT* BEEN TRANSLATED CORRECTLY, AND ANYTHING THAT DISAGREES WITH THEIR BELIEF SYSTEM, IS SUSPECT.)
TO BE CONTINUED:

Albuquerque, NM

#427935 Mar 15, 2013
in the least, I commend you for asking questions, let me answer them for you.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should all just throw our hands up and give up?

Why?

I'd rather have you research what you claim, before making up such unfounded claims.

That is what YOU should do.

BTW - Self is the answer here again. You are taking notes, right?
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did God write anything?

Supposedly only the four tablets that Moses brought down to the folks in the Exodus story. But this can't be substantiated as truth, because:
a. the tablets do not exist anywhere, or more accurately, they have not been seen. The Ethiopian Church claims they have them. I don't beleive they do, until they show them to the world, to back up their claim.

Boy - they sound just like Catholics and Protestants - always claiming something grand, but never backing it up.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus write anything?
No again. Others were his scribe. GoThomas is one fo those documents.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anything I can believe as reliable or am I just stuck here on planet earth with YOU offering to be my personal Jesus, New Age Spiritual Leader?
1. I am not your "personal Jesus".
2. As for reliability - good question. Since no one can prove the 10 Commandments exist, you are at a point that does cause this questioning. But don't worry, the dismay passes, once you see the astonishment that Jesus predicted.

(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're logic is "fallibel".
Nah - just my typing skills.

Thanks for showing you care about your enemies. Not very "Christ-like" are you?

Albuquerque, NM

#427936 Mar 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be some GOOD STUFF your smokin'. Medicinal purposes?
I can see you find this discussion not to be serious.

Okay, I'll play your game.

Now, go and play in the road, but be careful, okay.

Albuquerque, NM

#427937 Mar 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
george carlin became about as funny as a broken leg! he went on long vicious tyraids against everything decent and called it his comedy routine. kinda like those antichrist bimbos sarah silverman and kathy griffin; NOT THE LEAST BIT INSPIRED OR FUNNY!
Aaaaww......not a Carlin fan. No problem, because he probably wasn't a fan of you either.

United States

#427938 Mar 15, 2013
Robert Dye:

But hey are part of the witness of the early Church, not the witness itself.(THEY (THE SCRIPTURES) ARE NOT THE WITNESS ITSELF?... SAYS, WHO? A FALLIBLE POPE? SO EVIL POPES ARE PART OF THE WITNESS OF THE EARLY CHURCH, TOO?)
When you make the scriptures an idol, as many Christians have done, you turn from God and the Spirit, and elevate yourself to the position of God.(Which is what Original Sin, whether we talk about the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel, is all about. Hubris.(WHAT? MAKING THE SCRIPTURE AND **IDOL**? NO. THE SCRIPTURE IS NOT AN **IDOL**. THE SCRIPTURE IS GOD'S LAW, AND CATHOLICS BREAK IT AT WHIM **ELEVATING THEMSELVES** TO THE POSITION OF GOD. THE BIBLE SAYS THERE IS ONLY ONE FATHER ... AND YOU HAVE ALL THESE *LITTLE ONES* HERE ON EARTH AND YOU SAY WE ARE ELEVATING OURSELVES TO THE POSITION OF GOD?- THAT IS MORE THAN A BIT WARPED, DON'T YOU THINK?)
truth

Perth, Australia

#427939 Mar 15, 2013
this is that what i say constantly
ecm
speed time space
this is that where i walking trough this city
who can understood can ..
my dear
remember
you don't have to much choice
you have two direction
two direction back
remember
you can be up or under way..

i think that i am up..its beautiful see from this spot
under me is
Majestic
i am on top..
remember that
now
but in reality
we are under way
until become who is last will be first..

did i make clear when you put that cancare= aluminum cane satellite..better not say everything..

when last to become first
you not will be in that position..

I wish you all the best.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427940 Mar 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're entitled to your opinion of him & i'm entitled to mine.
i caught his routine a few years ago before he died and it was about as funny as listening to a an angry & jaded conspiracy-theorist junkie rant on & on about how they hate authority.
I don't hate authority, and I thought he was a hoot.

George said things that everyone thinks about, but is afraid themselves to say
Some say tomayto some tomotto....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427941 Mar 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
You've brought up a very good point, Mike.
A "loving God" would not put "His children" in a place of torment, as Christianity wants to dictate and put the fear of into its followers.
IMO - when we die, we are transported to some other "invisible world" and live a new "life" of sorts. Not one of torment or hatred as some hope others to have. That is their folly and it will more than likely bite them in the rear for thinking this way [Self].
They need to get past their hatred of others, before anything positive can truly happen.
I'm gonna give you "kudos" when I am standing next to Jesus, okay?
He'll KNOW you my friend!!
;o)
Well said!

United States

#427942 Mar 15, 2013
guest wrote:
aw, how so like you, NASL! you quote me out of context, and post a lame post in reply. So, following your lame reply, I will re-post my *original* reply to you in its actual context in order to show I am NOT throwing out the teachings of Jesus, along with the link to the page the post is currently located on. I am not throwing out the 'teachings of Jesus, I'm *throwing out* stuff that didn't belong there in the first place. So your calling it *teachings of Jesus* is a full blown lie.
-
{QUOTE who="guest"}I rejected all that useless information so I threw it away. It's not even worth remembering, so it certainly is not worth discussing.{/QUOTE}
-
-
{QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader"}
Throwing away the teachings of Jesus.
We'll agree to disagree.
Thanks for responding.{/QUOTE}
-
-
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5 ...
I don't need to "research" any of this.
-
If it's non-canonical, it does not belong in The Bible. I believe and trust the Bible.
GoThomas
GoMark
GoJudas
don't *Go* in the Bible - I don't trust them
GoFigure!
-
-
There. See how non-challenging discourse fails to pique my interest? It does not matter WHEN non-canonical texts were penned. What matters is whether or not they have anything to do with Christianity.
They don't. The stock market has nothing to do with Christianity, either - hence my glib remark about the stock market. Giving credence to something that has nothing to do with Christianity, is futile and a waste of time. And stating that contemporary texts were *eligible* to be *included* in The Bible simply because they were written at that time, is hogwash. By that logic grocery lists of the day would be eligible, as well. I don't really think they played the stock market in those days otherwise I'd have used that reference.
-
I've read The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden, the Book of Mormon, and the Qur'an, Chariots of the Gods, The Gods Were Astronauts (and more). I got over it. I REJECTED ALL THAT USELESS INFORMATION SO I THREW IT AWAY. It's not even worth remembering, so it certainly is not worth discussing.
-
There. See how *context* changes the meaning of quoted material?
-
-
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
...maybe not "throwing" them literally, but blatantly disregarding them would be more of an accurate description. I stand corrected.
Why do you only believe in a half of what Jesus taught?
Why do you only believe in a half of what Jesus taught?

again! how dense you insist on being. I believe the Bible is inspired and that which did not make it into the Bible, is NOT what Jesus taught.
-
There. Why do YOU insist on believing that spurious texts ARE what Jesus taught?.. I suspect for no other reason than to have an excuse to argue.

Albuquerque, NM

#427943 Mar 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Were Adam and Eve, Homo erectus, Neandrathal, or homosapiens?
If we were created in the image of God, does that mean we look like God? If we look like God did God evolve as we have? We have fossils of our past that prove we have physically evolved over many years.
If one is to place the timeline to when this supposedly began, homo sapiens were already present.

....but recent archeological evidence shows that homo sapiens and Neanderthals could have possibly known each other and intermingled.

http://polyscience.org/2005/09/homo-sapiens-a...
truth

Perth, Australia

#427944 Mar 15, 2013
Our mind have to keep our-self in moral position of law.

I need connect letters minimum 3x together its going be as formula.Invisible in silent but maybe someone know.I need find and proper alphabet from certain
and what I want achieve to know.
Its only two opinion alpha beta..where is other to omega.

I hope i will find.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 12 min andet1987 491
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min curiouslu 732,702
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min WasteWater 94,640
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min WasteWater 257,840
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 16 min andet1987 4,146
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min atheism is destru... 226,243
Michael Jordan says he used to be..'against ALL... 21 min andet1987 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min Stephania 599,787
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••