Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,430
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427936 Mar 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be some GOOD STUFF your smokin'. Medicinal purposes?
I can see you find this discussion not to be serious.

Okay, I'll play your game.

Now, go and play in the road, but be careful, okay.

Albuquerque, NM

#427937 Mar 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
george carlin became about as funny as a broken leg! he went on long vicious tyraids against everything decent and called it his comedy routine. kinda like those antichrist bimbos sarah silverman and kathy griffin; NOT THE LEAST BIT INSPIRED OR FUNNY!
Aaaaww......not a Carlin fan. No problem, because he probably wasn't a fan of you either.

United States

#427938 Mar 15, 2013
Robert Dye:

But hey are part of the witness of the early Church, not the witness itself.(THEY (THE SCRIPTURES) ARE NOT THE WITNESS ITSELF?... SAYS, WHO? A FALLIBLE POPE? SO EVIL POPES ARE PART OF THE WITNESS OF THE EARLY CHURCH, TOO?)
When you make the scriptures an idol, as many Christians have done, you turn from God and the Spirit, and elevate yourself to the position of God.(Which is what Original Sin, whether we talk about the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel, is all about. Hubris.(WHAT? MAKING THE SCRIPTURE AND **IDOL**? NO. THE SCRIPTURE IS NOT AN **IDOL**. THE SCRIPTURE IS GOD'S LAW, AND CATHOLICS BREAK IT AT WHIM **ELEVATING THEMSELVES** TO THE POSITION OF GOD. THE BIBLE SAYS THERE IS ONLY ONE FATHER ... AND YOU HAVE ALL THESE *LITTLE ONES* HERE ON EARTH AND YOU SAY WE ARE ELEVATING OURSELVES TO THE POSITION OF GOD?- THAT IS MORE THAN A BIT WARPED, DON'T YOU THINK?)
truth

Perth, Australia

#427939 Mar 15, 2013
this is that what i say constantly
ecm
speed time space
this is that where i walking trough this city
who can understood can ..
my dear
remember
you don't have to much choice
you have two direction
two direction back
remember
you can be up or under way..

i think that i am up..its beautiful see from this spot
under me is
Majestic
i am on top..
remember that
now
but in reality
we are under way
until become who is last will be first..

did i make clear when you put that cancare= aluminum cane satellite..better not say everything..

when last to become first
you not will be in that position..

I wish you all the best.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427940 Mar 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're entitled to your opinion of him & i'm entitled to mine.
i caught his routine a few years ago before he died and it was about as funny as listening to a an angry & jaded conspiracy-theorist junkie rant on & on about how they hate authority.
I don't hate authority, and I thought he was a hoot.

George said things that everyone thinks about, but is afraid themselves to say
Some say tomayto some tomotto....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427941 Mar 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
You've brought up a very good point, Mike.
A "loving God" would not put "His children" in a place of torment, as Christianity wants to dictate and put the fear of into its followers.
IMO - when we die, we are transported to some other "invisible world" and live a new "life" of sorts. Not one of torment or hatred as some hope others to have. That is their folly and it will more than likely bite them in the rear for thinking this way [Self].
They need to get past their hatred of others, before anything positive can truly happen.
I'm gonna give you "kudos" when I am standing next to Jesus, okay?
He'll KNOW you my friend!!
;o)
Well said!

United States

#427942 Mar 15, 2013
guest wrote:
aw, how so like you, NASL! you quote me out of context, and post a lame post in reply. So, following your lame reply, I will re-post my *original* reply to you in its actual context in order to show I am NOT throwing out the teachings of Jesus, along with the link to the page the post is currently located on. I am not throwing out the 'teachings of Jesus, I'm *throwing out* stuff that didn't belong there in the first place. So your calling it *teachings of Jesus* is a full blown lie.
-
{QUOTE who="guest"}I rejected all that useless information so I threw it away. It's not even worth remembering, so it certainly is not worth discussing.{/QUOTE}
-
-
{QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader"}
Throwing away the teachings of Jesus.
We'll agree to disagree.
Thanks for responding.{/QUOTE}
-
-
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5 ...
I don't need to "research" any of this.
-
If it's non-canonical, it does not belong in The Bible. I believe and trust the Bible.
GoThomas
GoMark
GoJudas
don't *Go* in the Bible - I don't trust them
GoFigure!
-
-
There. See how non-challenging discourse fails to pique my interest? It does not matter WHEN non-canonical texts were penned. What matters is whether or not they have anything to do with Christianity.
They don't. The stock market has nothing to do with Christianity, either - hence my glib remark about the stock market. Giving credence to something that has nothing to do with Christianity, is futile and a waste of time. And stating that contemporary texts were *eligible* to be *included* in The Bible simply because they were written at that time, is hogwash. By that logic grocery lists of the day would be eligible, as well. I don't really think they played the stock market in those days otherwise I'd have used that reference.
-
I've read The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden, the Book of Mormon, and the Qur'an, Chariots of the Gods, The Gods Were Astronauts (and more). I got over it. I REJECTED ALL THAT USELESS INFORMATION SO I THREW IT AWAY. It's not even worth remembering, so it certainly is not worth discussing.
-
There. See how *context* changes the meaning of quoted material?
-
-
...maybe not "throwing" them literally, but blatantly disregarding them would be more of an accurate description. I stand corrected.
Why do you only believe in a half of what Jesus taught?
Why do you only believe in a half of what Jesus taught?

again! how dense you insist on being. I believe the Bible is inspired and that which did not make it into the Bible, is NOT what Jesus taught.
-
There. Why do YOU insist on believing that spurious texts ARE what Jesus taught?.. I suspect for no other reason than to have an excuse to argue.

Albuquerque, NM

#427943 Mar 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Were Adam and Eve, Homo erectus, Neandrathal, or homosapiens?
If we were created in the image of God, does that mean we look like God? If we look like God did God evolve as we have? We have fossils of our past that prove we have physically evolved over many years.
If one is to place the timeline to when this supposedly began, homo sapiens were already present.

....but recent archeological evidence shows that homo sapiens and Neanderthals could have possibly known each other and intermingled.

http://polyscience.org/2005/09/homo-sapiens-a...
truth

Perth, Australia

#427944 Mar 15, 2013
Our mind have to keep our-self in moral position of law.

I need connect letters minimum 3x together its going be as formula.Invisible in silent but maybe someone know.I need find and proper alphabet from certain
and what I want achieve to know.
Its only two opinion alpha beta..where is other to omega.

I hope i will find.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427945 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
879 833 698
<quoted text>
Just being courteous...would you rather I be discourteous????
I am just teasing you. We all need to lighten a little.

Thanks for reading my post.

Albuquerque, NM

#427946 Mar 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible IS the Word of God, and the Bible also teaches that it IS the Word of God but it is also teaches that it is NOT the final authority. Paul tells us in 1 Timothy 3:15 that the Church (not the bible only is the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH The bible also teaches that the Apostolic tradition IS the Word of God, as well.... 2 Thess 2:15 teaches us that we are to obey and "hold fast" to the Tradition,whether by word of mouth or the letter. This tradition is different than the traditions of men that Jesus condemned. We are to obey Apostolic Tradition and reject human traditions that void Gods Word. The Apostolic Traditions are the oral teachings of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and the teachings of the Apostles were dictated to them by the Holy Spirit (again) The Bible is the Word of God, but it is NOT the only authority for Christians1 It can't be--because it CANNOT interpret itself! The Bible directs us to an authority "outside of itself" to understand what it actually means. This is why Catholics have the greatest love for Sacred Scripture. The Early Church Fathers, from the very beginning, when the Canon of Scripture was formed in 382,393, and 397AD, wanted to insure that the bible was properly interpreted and not abused with false and heretical interpretation, that TODAY, continue to divide the body of Christ. The Catholic Church wrote, translated, copied and preserved Gods written word for over 2000 years throughout the ages. The Catholic Church does not interpret the scriptures for us. We read it, ponder its meaning, interpret, and clarify its TRUE Meaning. The Church does direct us to the TRUTH of what the bible actually says, means, its purpose, its intention and its true translation which came from (again) the Early Church Fathers.
Again--this is why Paul, in I Timothy 3:15 says "The Church (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. The Church (Jesus' One True Church) remains as it has for over 2000 years--The FULLNESS of that TRUTH!!
I got it now.....you have this already prepared in a Word document for ease fo copying and pasting, and haven't figured out how to express your own thoughts, huh?

It happens to the best of Catholics at some point in their life.

United States

#427947 Mar 15, 2013
guest wrote:
Funny - how you first say ignore non-Christian texts and then refer to the Qur'an ... a non-Christian text... whatever!
<quoted text>
To clarify what I posted - NOT OUT OF CONTEXT - so please stop trying to twist it around Catholic.
"non-Christian text"
- can be all non-canonical texts written with Christians in mind. You chose to disregard, again, all of what Jesus taught. So with you twisting my words around, I can see you blatantly want to mislead tohers with my posts. Please stop. Take a reading comprehension course to better yourself and understand the forum discussions.
- can also be non-Christian texts like the Q'uran, from other non-Christian religion.
Of course you immediately disregard anythign to do with Jesus, "because in your world", you enjoy and find comfort in believing what other men told you to believe.
Grow-up and stop back-peddling. Act like an adult if you want to play with the adults.
-
Back pedaling? you have yet to read and comprehend what I've written, and you say I am backpedaling and need a reading comprehension course? How utterly unsophisticated of you. people know what you are doing and have been doing, and that is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ACCUSE OTHERS OF. Misrepresenting what we have said. go figure.

Albuquerque, NM

#427948 Mar 15, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
yea, umm,*sigh*
Im aware what the textbooks say. Others disagree.
The entire fossil record was due to the global flood.
homo erectus never existed. There is no evidence for the thing (i.e.'peking man')
Neanderthal was just a race of man.
http://archive.org/details/NeanderthalCaveman...
"Now we've said our A-B-Cs next time wont you join with me!"
"The entire fossil record was due to the global flood."

Incorrect. Many fossils have been dated prior to 65 million years ago, which clearly outdates a belief of a "6000 year old Earth".

What you say, would make the "Global Flood" much older than what the Bible deems as your belief. Thus, this would make the Bible invalid.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#427949 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
792 494 414
<quoted text>
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
overshadow: episkiazo:, to cast a shade upon, i.e.(by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; figuratively, to invest with preternatural influence:--overshadow.
With all due respect, I don't see one thing about "sperm" nor "seed"..nor artifical insemination......do you????
Genesis 3:15

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel

Woman has an egg so there was a seed planted in her from somewhere right ?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#427950 Mar 15, 2013
Incorrect. Many fossils have been dated prior to 65 million years ago, which clearly outdates a belief of a "6000 year old Earth".
What you say, would make the "Global Flood" much older than what the Bible deems as your belief. Thus, this would make the Bible invalid.

Im aware of the theory. What proof do you have?

Is this just more of your new age deception? No wonder you are so confused about God.

Yet another victim of the state.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#427951 Mar 15, 2013
1. I am not your "personal Jesus".
2. As for reliability - good question. Since no one can prove the 10 Commandments exist, you are at a point that does cause this questioning. But don't worry, the dismay passes, once you see the astonishment that Jesus predicted.
(2) Jesus says:
(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Like anything else in history destroyed by war we look to the witnesses at the time. The ten commandments were witnessed by many as recorded in the Bible. The Exodus artifacts have been found as the Bible says.

There's no truth in gnosticism which takes Bible truth and spins a lie. Catholic gnosticism was the first taking Mary the mother of Jesus transforming her into their tradition copycat of Semiramis. The real Christian trinity does not include Mary / virgin mary.
truth

Perth, Australia

#427952 Mar 15, 2013
what others try set up nobody will except..
weed seed is always weed..right..
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427953 Mar 15, 2013
"What is the doctrine of eternal Sonship and is it biblical?"

Answer: The doctrine of eternal Sonship simply affirms that the second Person of the triune Godhead has eternally existed as the Son. In other words, there was never a time when He was not the Son of God, and there has always been a Father/Son relationship within the Godhead. This doctrine recognizes that the idea of Sonship is not merely a title or role that Christ assumed at some specific point in history, but that it is the essential identity of the second Person of the Godhead. According to this doctrine, Christ is and always has been the Son of God.

Yes, the eternal Sonship is biblical and is a view that is widely held among Christians and has been throughout church history. It is important, however, to remember when discussing the doctrine of eternal Sonship that there are evangelical Christians on both sides of this debate. This is not to say that this is not an important doctrine, because it is; it simply acknowledges the fact that there are orthodox or evangelical Christians that hold or have held both views. Those that deny the doctrine of eternal Sonship are not denying the triune nature of God or the deity or eternality of Christ, and those that embrace the eternal Sonship of Christ are not inferring that Jesus Christ was anything less than fully God.

Throughout church history the doctrine of eternal Sonship has been widely held, with most Christians believing that Jesus existed as God’s eternal Son before creation. It is affirmed in the Nicene Creed (325 A.D.) which states: "We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end." It was also later reaffirmed in the fifth century in the Athanasian Creed.

There is considerable biblical evidence to support the eternal Sonship of Christ. First of all, there are many passages that clearly identify that it was “the Son” who created all things (Colossians 1:13-16; Hebrews 1:2), thereby strongly implying that Christ was the Son of God at the time of creation. When one considers these passages, it seems clear that the most normal and natural meaning of the passages is that at the time of creation Jesus was the Son of God, the second Person of the Triune Godhead, thus supporting the doctrine of eternal Sonship.

cont
truth

Perth, Australia

#427954 Mar 15, 2013
people working in soilence prepeare thrmself for 50 years on front much more..you what you doing nothing..
i need go again see proper position what they prepeare whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i know whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
they want control much more medern then you know or think
o yes yes yes they know whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
cmockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
holy spirit
will lead you
me no i don't going do nothing wrong..nothing against anyone..i am not interesting about any person..not at all..i am looking what others did not know but they working against me in my name..
its not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
by almightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy
will be what i know not others krukovici

I wish you all the best.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427955 Mar 15, 2013
cont
Second, there are numerous verses that speak of God the Father sending the Son into the world to redeem sinful man (John 20:21; Galatians 4:4; 1 John 4:14; 1 John 4:10) and giving His Son as a sacrifice for sin (John 3:16). Clearly implied in all the passages that deal with the Father sending/giving the Son is the fact that He was the Son before He was sent into the world. This is even more clearly seen in Galatians 4:4-6, where the term “sent forth” is used both of the Son and the Spirit. Just as the Holy Spirit did not become the Holy Spirit when He was sent to empower the believers at Pentecost, neither did the Son become the Son at the moment of His incarnation. All three Persons of the Triune Godhead have existed for all eternity, and their names reveal who they are, not simply what their title or function is.

cont

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,271
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min bacon hater 96,101
Gay snapchat names 12 min Pezattack 31
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 14 min neiswanger ralph 406
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min AnnieJ 602,151
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min RiccardoFire 261,620
87% of White Women have slept with Black Men (Nov '09) 34 min UnderstandPeople 1,473
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 229,906
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 7 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE