Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596298 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427876 Mar 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hi sherlayne,this is just a routine blood test to make sure my blood count is high enough so i can take the chemo drug,which it is,so i'm ok and able to resume the chemo treatments.
It is wierd how they praise the female gender "as part of their organization", yet treat females as if they are squishing them between their fingers.
- no priests
- nuns must follow our direction

It really is quite sad to know that they demean women through their belief and teachings.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427877 Mar 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam lived to be 930. Who recorded his every birthday? Its all sillyness but its in the scriptures.
Adam and Eve were created by God according to Genesis. There is no record that anyone else was created, so where did Cain meet his wife?
Its all just badly written fiction, but it forms the Holy Scriptures.
his wife would have to of been his sister,nowhere does it say that god created another family that adams children can marry and breed with.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427878 Mar 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is odd, how someone may express love, goodness, and kindness openly to the world, there is always someone who, just because you believe differently, will wnat to pull the rug from under you, because they claim superiority over your non-belief.
hojo is just uninformed, ignorant, and more than likely brainwashed by someone, because all he does he say the same thing over and over again - like someone who is brainwashed.
He really sounds like he is expressing a smoke signal of help, because it sounds like he is very angry and frustrated.
*shrugs*
Hey - we've tried to help him. His Self is not of the Light.
I think HOJO has OBSSESIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER (OCD) that makes him post the exact same thing over and over, over and over........now he has me doing it.(lol)

Getting no attention at home, HOJO enjoys having his chain yanked on here by the rest of us..........so I just play along to help him out.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427879 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
833 698
<quoted text>
You are appreciated!!!! Thanks for proving my words as being the undeniable truth!!!!
Believe what you will...I can only show you the truth...not make you believe it...
How many times have you posted "thanks for proving my words" As a child did your dad pat you on the head everytime you were right.

You must be from a bragging family.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427880 Mar 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>his wife would have to of been his sister,nowhere does it say that god created another family that adams children can marry and breed with.

If Canes wife was his sister, than that goes against all our own moral beliefs including the 10 commandments. What is the point in creating only 1 man and 1 woman if incest was the start of all of us?

Same with Mary and Joseph. The story claims Mary was very young, and Joseph was very old. My mother would not approve of a 40 something man dating my 15 year old sister.........another flawed moral teaching.

Since: Mar 13

Orangeville, Canada

#427881 Mar 15, 2013
Roman Catholic Church = The Largest Bank on the Face of the Planet.....nothing more
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427882 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
It is wierd how they praise the female gender "as part of their organization", yet treat females as if they are squishing them between their fingers.
- no priests
It really is quite sad to know that they demean women through their belief and teachings.
Watching the conclave the otherday, its obvious the old men in the vatican are quite happy to be with each other only. They pat themselves, they blow air kisses on both sides of the cheek, they live, eat and sleep, play together. I believe there is some quirk in their makeup that just doesn't allow themselves to even think of a woman crashing their party.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#427883 Mar 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think I claim it wasn't debated then?
Of course it was debated the moment Christ uttered it. And probably in every town the Apostles went to to teach it. I would imagine people stared at em in disbelief at what they were hearing.
I don't know who these 'Patristic' writers you speak of.
Were they Bishops or Priests ordained in the Church?
You don't know who or what the Patristic Fathers were!!!???

That explains much.

Hint -- if the Apostles were as clear as you claim, there would have been no need for these men.

Now say you love me.

usa

#427884 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Simple answer - men trying to define something without the literacy we have in today.
Symbolism was their main language, although, if one is to read the Sumerian texts, Zecharia Sitchin is a good start, one could find it plausible that these stories could have been realted to how life actually started on Earth - the "seeding of the planet by an extraterrestrial lifeform".
Of course this is speculation, because of no hard proof, but in comparison, there is more proof than the "creation" stories in Genesis.
http://www.sitchin.com/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057GR5IM/ref=as_li...
the seeding of the planet is the reason the book of sumarians was removed from the bible after the dicovery of early sumerian caves,where people dressed and looked like nothing found on earth,and big thing found were drawings of what looked like flying machines,also archeologists found little artifacts made out of gold mostly that look like modern day planes were found,now this dates back 5000 yrs and more,how can you explain it? man had no knowledge of flight whatsoever,or even the iintelligence and machinery needed to build a flying machine,yet you find paintings around the world,basically showing the exact same thing that each civilization either just drew or actually saw,i'd go with seeing it,and the most important piece of all is the 5000 yr old painting of madona with a child,sun over her right shoulder a man standing on a hill looking at and pointing to a flying object over her left shoulder,explain that.

Albuquerque, NM

#427885 Mar 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If Canes wife was his sister, than that goes against all our own moral beliefs including the 10 commandments. What is the point in creating only 1 man and 1 woman if incest was the start of all of us?
Same with Mary and Joseph. The story claims Mary was very young, and Joseph was very old. My mother would not approve of a 40 something man dating my 15 year old sister.........another flawed moral teaching.
You are missing some crucial information.

If we are to use biblical history, "God" destroyed the planet of humans and life, except for Noah and the ark of animals. Noah was saved because he was "righteous in the eyes of God", thus, the "fall of Adam" is no longer a valid argument, because we are all born from Noah's righteousness.

Thus, one could also postulate that Jesus' death was not for what Christianity exclaims, "the release of sin from humanity".

They've been duped by men, but we haven't been, so we try to help the less fortunate.

It is their Self that gets to choose to accept this help or not.

Good post Mike!
youtube

AOL

#427886 Mar 15, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

usa

#427887 Mar 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE is it written "in the bible" that EVERY word, EVERY phrase, EVERY sentence "MUST" be in the bible in order for it to be true.
Protestants "fundies" have "made this up"---on their own--it is concocted and an invented (MYTH)-and it has "absolutely (no basis) of biblical or historical truth--that confirms or backs your "ridiculous-(nowhere in the bible) claim!! Where are the words:
1.Bible
2.Bible only
3.Sola Scriptura
4.Trinity
5."personal relationship with Jesus"
The fact is NOWHERE! Just like the word "Catholic" is NOWHERE!---However it appears "all throughout Church History" from the year 057AD (which means Universal) and that is proof enough for ALL OF US CATHOLICS throughout the world and on this forum!!!
hojo:WHERE is it written "in the bible" that EVERY word, EVERY phrase, EVERY sentence "MUST" be in the bible in order for it to be true.
JETHRO:since the bible has nothing to do with god/jesus as far as it being written,the early church fathers were carefull in their phrasing,knowing full well their traditions and beliefs would change over time,which they have done many times and claim they are inspired by gods will,B.S. just like this vote picking pope nonsense,nothing holy about that.it's a good scam though since vatican city is a tourist trap,it owns novelty,clothing etc.stores right outside the walls of the vatican.like i posted before monday morning before the vote was taken a priest i believe it was,was talking to a news person from boston and he stated that francis was a good name choice for the NEW POPE,so tell me how did he know that when no vote had not taken place yet?? i e-mailed the news station,trying to get a tape of that conversation to back up my post,hopefully they'll comply. and like you state not all is written and that appears quote "all throughout Church History",only your churches history,nowhere else,and catholic church history is definately not devine history so it is meaningless.

Albuquerque, NM

#427888 Mar 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the seeding of the planet is the reason the book of sumarians was removed from the bible after the dicovery of early sumerian caves,where people dressed and looked like nothing found on earth,and big thing found were drawings of what looked like flying machines,also archeologists found little artifacts made out of gold mostly that look like modern day planes were found,now this dates back 5000 yrs and more,how can you explain it? man had no knowledge of flight whatsoever,or even the iintelligence and machinery needed to build a flying machine,yet you find paintings around the world,basically showing the exact same thing that each civilization either just drew or actually saw,i'd go with seeing it,and the most important piece of all is the 5000 yr old painting of madona with a child,sun over her right shoulder a man standing on a hill looking at and pointing to a flying object over her left shoulder,explain that.
"also archeologists found little artifacts made out of gold mostly that look like modern day planes were found"
- now this is an interesting topic....although off-topic by far.

Who cares, maybe this little bit of detail will help others to research what we write more often.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm

This isn't new information either. A group of engineers decided to put these artifacts to the real test - can they fly? This is a link to their sucessful experiment.
http://reinep.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/finall...

Unfortunately for modern man, and the people who want to keep these truths hidden, we are aware. We are aware that what we have learned is wrong, not only through religions, but also through archeological evidence as this.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#427889 Mar 15, 2013
Let the consciousness change begin!! This is the "new age" I speak of.

Self - learn it, live it, love it!

usa

#427890 Mar 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
745 473 416
<quoted text>
You would not understand Scripture regardless whom explained it to you...the Bible says so:
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I understand it,it'a a book written by men claiming it to be inspired by holy scriptures,but it can not be authenticated in any way.the book covers all the good and evil that man can do and supposedly a higher power is guiding us to be good rather than evil,and their is an evil power trying to guide us in the opposite direction.and the stories are copies of stories written way before christianity that over embelished to make them seem holy.

usa

#427891 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
- no priests
slave labor is what it boils down too.

usa

#427892 Mar 15, 2013
nap time,be back later.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#427893 Mar 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I report all the statistics, you just want to deny them.
HOJO sometimes the truth hurts, you must really be hurtn'
Oh, you mean "exaggerated. distorted, over-blown and (twisted) statistics, that you "dig up" in some obscure (anti-catholic website) that you (continually) "spread around on this forum" in order to "satisfy and "feed your" quest for revenge against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church!......... Yes, and I will refute, debunk and deny them every time, Michael, because I know the anti-catholic "hostility" that is behind everything that you are posting and ALL of the other Catholics (Clay, Regina, Anthony, Star, etc.) ALSO know it!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427894 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You are missing some crucial information.
If we are to use biblical history, "God" destroyed the planet of humans and life, except for Noah and the ark of animals. Noah was saved because he was "righteous in the eyes of God", thus, the "fall of Adam" is no longer a valid argument, because we are all born from Noah's righteousness.
Thus, one could also postulate that Jesus' death was not for what Christianity exclaims, "the release of sin from humanity".
They've been duped by men, but we haven't been, so we try to help the less fortunate.
It is their Self that gets to choose to accept this help or not.
Good post Mike!
Cut through all the red tape of adam and eve, Noah and the animals two by two, and the Jesus story.

Maybe God himself should come down from heaven, appear to everyone in a way they we would all understand. Do the Job that Jesus and the Holy spirit have failed to do. Bring humanity together. We have had nothing but divisivness throughout our existance with no light for EVERYONE at the end of the tunnel. If God truly created all of us, I can't believe he did this to divide us as we are.

God could do this, because he is God.

I know I am going to get a raft of negative judgies but plan A is not working.........its time for plan B, by God himself.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427895 Mar 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean "exaggerated. distorted, over-blown and (twisted) statistics, that you "dig up" in some obscure (anti-catholic website) that you (continually) "spread around on this forum" in order to "satisfy and "feed your" quest for revenge against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church!......... Yes, and I will refute, debunk and deny them every time, Michael, because I know the anti-catholic "hostility" that is behind everything that you are posting and ALL of the other Catholics (Clay, Regina, Anthony, Star, etc.) ALSO know it!!
thanks again! for reading my post.

The biggest letdown you will ever experience is when you see me in heaven in a room right across from yours. Room #1629

I think I will put a request into God to have you moved to a basement apartment, beside the noisy elevator and ice machine.(lol)

Its all in fun......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min BenAdam 854,809
The Christian Atheist debate 17 min Mr Wiggley 999
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min ChristineM 444,334
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 29 min Burke Devlin 58
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 49 min Knock off purse s... 6,139
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr PortaBella ITA 612,614
my wife neha ki chudai (May '14) 3 hr raavan 15
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web