Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,598)

Showing posts 411,941 - 411,960 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Free Mind

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are intent on showing the Word of God as being fallible.....I have some ammo for you...
John the Baptist said the opposite!!! Quote: And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
True. John the Baptist said the opposite.

So Jesus was wrong.

You seem intent on showing the Word of God as being fallible.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

was that a picture of maddona hermi had for an icon, hey seri, shout out, blessings.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

10The disciples asked him,“Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

11Jesus replied,“To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” 13Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

17:1-13 Now the disciples beheld somewhat of Christ's glory, as of the only begotten of the Father. It was intended to support their faith, when they would have to witness his crucifixion; and would give them an idea of the glory prepared for them, when changed by his power and made like him. The apostles were overcome by the glorious sight. Peter thought that it was most desirable to continue there, and to go no more down to meet the sufferings of which he was so unwilling to hear. In this he knew not what he said. We are wrong, if we look for a heaven here upon earth. Whatever tabernacles we propose to make for ourselves in this world, we must always remember to ask Christ's leave. That sacrifice was not yet offered, without which the souls of sinful men could not have been saved; and important services were to be done by Peter and his brethren. While Peter spoke, a bright cloud overshadowed them, an emblem of the Divine presence and glory. Ever since man sinned, and heard God's voice in the garden, unusual appearances of God have been terrible to man. They fell prostrate to the earth, till Jesus encouraged them; when looking round, they beheld only their Lord as they commonly saw him. We must pass through varied experiences in our way to glory; and when we return to the world after an ordinance, it must be our care to take Christ with us, and then it may be our comfort that he is with us.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

i say to you..
you not honor me
nooooooooooooooooooooo
not love me
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
they will come in my name its not me..
amen am en
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I say to you
your law is not my law
you change law as well words of real god.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

you try change law of everything
time space not only ordinary people have

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Deeply profound point.
e.g. Bible alone says John the Baptist is greater than Jesus.
Matthew 11:11 -- "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."
Oxbow wrote
Since you are intent on showing the Word of God as being fallible.....I have some ammo for you...
John the Baptist said the opposite!!! Quote: And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
~~~
IN
Mat_11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
IN
Luk_7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
IN
Joh 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
Joh 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
Joh 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
Joh 5:35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
NOTE
Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
>>>
JOHN BAPTIST WAS OF GOD'S KINGDOM ON EARTH BORN UNDER LAW..
JESUS WAS BORN UNDER THE LAW TO A VIRGIN SIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST...GOD INCARNATE,,, AND A PART OF GOD' KINGDOM IN HEAVEN.
JOHN BAPTIST IS NOT GREATER THAN JESUS...
Joh_13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you,--> The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
Joh_15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The -->servant is not greater than his lord.
If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
And.......???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Free Mind wrote:
Deeply profound point.
e.g. Bible alone says John the Baptist is greater than Jesus.
Matthew 11:11 -- "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."
Oxbow reply:
------
FM is quoting JESUS Who said that John Baptist was the greatest man BORN OF WOMEN...NOT the greatest man, making him to be greater than Jesus. Jesus continued to say that: "The LEAST man who enters the Kingdom of Heaven (is born again) is GREATER THAN JOHN BAPTIST."
In other words, being born of God is superior to being born of woman. Born of the Spirit is superior to being born of the flesh.
So then...Jesus was not born of a woman???? Mary, His mother, was not a woman!!!!! That is boggling my mind!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
True. John the Baptist said the opposite.
So Jesus was wrong.
You seem intent on showing the Word of God as being fallible.
My words "Since you are intent on showing the Word of God as fallible"...does not mean I am saying the Word of God is fallible..you are...I am only giving you ammo to further your cause..

Here is a other...all Catholics say that the Bible says Christ was a sinner...they quote: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Satanist will set up and declare everyone mental as they doing on evil way..as they do always..nothing surprise..for me they are nothing at all.
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN-your comments "do not" agree with the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED Words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (Universal) Church, nor do they agree with the meaning of the Greek translation "eclessia" which refers to visible, heirarchiacal and authoritative Church, nor to they agree with Acts 2, beginning with Jesus' first Church at Antioch, headed by the Apostles, with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (again) Acts 2....... Pauls letters to the Churches in Corinth, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Galatia, Collosus, Philippi, ect. were ALL visible, heirarchical, and authoritative Churches---NOT IN ANY WAY-- just an invisible ethreal body of believers,"loosely connected" by faith in the bible alone! Furthermore--there was "no bible" until more than 350 years after Jesus intitiated, formed and established His first Church at Antiocch! The Church came first--then the bible!...Paul (confirms) Jesus Christs visible Church in ! Tim 3:15, when he calls "The Church (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!...... Your "bible only" Protestant (editorialized opinion) of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of your "relative truth" --myths that you and other sola scriptura followers have just plain "made up" ON YOUR OWN!!!
Hoho, you have used the same old tired quote incorrectly many times. So I will ask you to explain, What is a pinnacle? What is a pillar? What is a foundation? If you would try to honestly answer these questions you might come to a logical understanding of whaat the 'pillar and foundation' of THE TRUTH really means.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

well someone i trust said the new pope said "HAIL MARY" right after the Lord's prayer.

what say ew?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So then...Jesus was not born of a woman???? Mary, His mother, was not a woman!!!!! That is boggling my mind!!!!!
Jesus is God.

His mother a sinner was born of earhly flesh , so Jesus knew our sin personally(for us),so He could Save us from sin.

Mary is not the mother of God and not to be prayed to.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

marge wrote:
well someone i trust said the new pope said "HAIL MARY" right after the Lord's prayer.
what say ew?
When Jesus said "When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil" He was not praying.

He gave Christians a model by which to pray. Each verse presents a principle part or ingredient of how we should pray.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

429 414
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God.
His mother a sinner was born of earhly flesh , so Jesus knew our sin personally(for us),so He could Save us from sin.
Mary is not the mother of God and not to be prayed to.
What does that have to do with:

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Hoho, you have used the same old tired quote incorrectly many times. So I will ask you to explain, What is a pinnacle? What is a pillar? What is a foundation? If you would try to honestly answer these questions you might come to a logical understanding of whaat the 'pillar and foundation' of THE TRUTH really means.
As I have told you before, I am not going to play your "bible only Protestant "question and answer games"! You know what these terms mean as well as I do! The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, the TRUTH of Jesus Christs (own spoken words) regarding His One True (Universal) Church, the TRUTH of Acts 2 regarding a heirarchical authoritative Church with bishops, priests,deacons and elders ---AND FINALLY--- Paul words in I Tim 3:15 regarding the Church (not the bible alone) is the TRUTH----"it is all PRINTED, VERIFIED, PROVEN AND AUTHORITATIVE TRUTH, that has been there for over 1500 years and is "starring you in face"! Deal with it!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have told you before, I am not going to play your "bible only Protestant "question and answer games"! You know what these terms mean as well as I do! The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, the TRUTH of Jesus Christs (own spoken words) regarding His One True (Universal) Church, the TRUTH of Acts 2 regarding a heirarchical authoritative Church with bishops, priests,deacons and elders ---AND FINALLY--- Paul words in I Tim 3:15 regarding the Church (not the bible alone) is the TRUTH----"it is all PRINTED, VERIFIED, PROVEN AND AUTHORITATIVE TRUTH, that has been there for over 1500 years and is "starring you in face"! Deal with it!!!!
And what is the source of the truth that the church possesses????
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

i agree with you
god don't liked everyone
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
only lipezeeeeee lupezeee
and lubezeeee

Its free will from real Creator
have rights on life,
maybe all of us don't have rights for that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Who else but Catholics!!!!!!

On CNN:
Other pundits were thinking in grand terms. Among the progressives, some believe the church should adopt a bold revolution, with new acceptance of women priests, homosexuality, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 411,941 - 411,960 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

385 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I Like Big Butts 2 min Sir Mixalot 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min The profit I say yeah 719,920
38pc of Americans doubt Barack Obama was born i... 5 min caesar- 13
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 6 min Life is Precious 221,372
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Buck Crick 223,980
Any gay High school girls in Costa Mesa? 13 min Melanie Tribtastic 1
apni maa ko chodkar kesa laga (Sep '13) 30 min chut ka raza 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min AussieBobby 256,341
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 50 min shyam 4,447
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••