Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687370 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427673 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no TRAP.
Truth cannot be trapped!
No, saying they are proven to be authoritative bacause they agree with each other is actually a trap.
I wouldn't try it, were I you.
Try something else.
Rob

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427674 Mar 14, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
which came first the chicken or the egg?
~~~

The Bible says ...Faith comes first

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him/GOD:

for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and

that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427675 Mar 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Saban fan"
No. Because scripture alone can bring the faith experience. The faith never would've happened without scripture alone, right?
Rom 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
SIGH.
Okay. NOW, using SCRIPTURE ALONE, demonstrate that Romans is to be regarded as scripture.
Rob

Location hidden

#427676 Mar 14, 2013
who="Free Mind"
Exactly. It's a Bible buffet, pick and chose what you want and leave the rest.
Jesus teaches (1) to love thy neighbor, and (2) to hate yourself and your entire family.
Thank you for loving me Oxbow, but I think it's OK to stop hating your wife and children now.
I wish a holy ghost would explain all the mysteries of the Universe to me.
He does: The Greek word translated 'hate' in that verse means: TO LOVE LESS. We are to love GOD with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength (first commandment)...and everyone else LESS THAN we love God. To love anyone more than we love God, is to break the first commandment.
Loving Him first purifies our love for others,.
You just "blew out of the water" Free Mind's firm belief that God's Word is fallible!!!

Quote: He does: The Greek word translated 'hate' in that verse means: TO LOVE LESS. We are to love GOD with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength (first commandment)...and everyone else LESS THAN we love God. To love anyone more than we love God, is to break the first commandment.
Loving Him first purifies our love for others,
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427677 Mar 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering Christianity only uses less than 6 of the original Apostles, your perception of "Apostolic Teaching" is limited, thus not exactly true in the language you put forth.
In other words, "Apostolic Teaching" would also be applied to Thomas and would be just as valid.
But it isn't in your eyes, because you allowed men to make this decision for you.
Yes, Your Holiness.

#427678 Mar 14, 2013
who="sportxmouse"
which came first the chicken or the egg?

Easy: Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

The egg came from the chicken...and could not even be a chicken without fertilization from another chicken.

#427679 Mar 14, 2013
who="Robert Dye"
SIGH.
Okay. NOW, using SCRIPTURE ALONE, demonstrate that Romans is to be regarded as scripture.
Rob

Better yet: Without scripture, YOU prove that Romans CANNOT be scripture...

It does not oppose other scripture. In fact, it verifies all that we know to be true in the scripture.

#427680 Mar 14, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The egg, rather obviously..
There were eggs long before there were chickens.
Want to argue about who is "buried" in Grant's Tomb?
Rob
~~~
WE COULD JUST TAKE IT FOR GRANTED
BELIEVE THE EPITAPH
THAT GRANT IS UNDER THE GRANITE.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427681 Mar 14, 2013
who="Saban fan"
No. Because scripture alone can bring the faith experience. The faith never would've happened without scripture alone, right?
Rom 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
YEAH "PAUL"!!

I wonder Jesus says about this?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

(8)(1) And he says: "The human being is like a sensible fisherman who cast his net
into the sea and drew it up from the sea filled with little fish.
(2) Among them the sensible fisherman found a large, fine fish.
(3) He threw all the little fish back into the sea,(and) he chose the large fish effortlessly.
(4) Whoever has ears to hear should hear."
-- sounds to me Jesus is teaching, not about any "bible", but a teaching that, one should seek out that "large, fine fish" [Self].

(17) Jesus says:

"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind.
-- no bible here, either. Hmmm, he does teach of something unseen and unheard. If one is to reflect on this a bit more - it is of the spiritual nature. One could also say he is talking about the Self.

Additional comparative sayings I can also include (as in relation to your comment about "hearing the word of God", which I presume you are talking about listening to others read from the Bible)- could also reflect that Jesus wants us to hear what he teaches and not what you state:

Sayings - 21, 24, 33, 38, 65, 79 (notice he does not state "God"), 96

All to do with growing and strengthening one's inner Self. An action done by the individual - and if he/she succeeds, he/she will find that "kingdom of God."

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#427682 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you actually New Age Spiritual Leader?????
Strike two.

I'm honest enough to register. The priest is not. If you think about it, >>most<< of the Catholics on this forum aren't either.

Yes Star, we know you are. Good for you!

*hands you a gold star*

Albuquerque, NM

#427683 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's not. SCRIPTURE tells me "faith comes by hearing". If it weren't for scripture, I'd have never had faith.
It's ALL scripture Alone!!!!
"comes by hearing"

Then you will fit right in with listening to what Jesus said in my previous post.

Good to see you are coming around!

Keep it up!

Albuquerque, NM

#427684 Mar 14, 2013
who="Robert Dye"
So, "Scripture Alone," PLUS "subjective faith experience?"
That would appear to be a rejection of "Scripture Alone."
???
Rob

Self.

Thanks again for proving my point.

No religion required.

#427685 Mar 14, 2013
who="Robert Dye"
The egg, rather obviously..
There were eggs long before there were chickens.
Want to argue about who is "buried" in Grant's Tomb?
Rob

That is like saying that the grape came before the vine. The egg is the 'fruit' of the chicken.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427686 Mar 14, 2013
The roman catholic church authorities yesterday warned all 115 Cardinals that if anyone of them spoke one word about what went on in the Sistine Chapel they would be ex-communicated from the roman catholic church.

Remember! Within a few minutes of that statement one of those cardinals became Pope, but if the cardinal made pope had uttered one word from within, he would be the new ex-communicated Pope.(lol)

115 men all in the #2 position within the catholic church threatened with ex-communication!

UNBELIEVABLE!......very sad!

Talk about control!(lol)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#427687 Mar 14, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
SIGH.
Rob
Jesus said ye must be born-again to SEE the kingdom of heaven.

So one can only 'see' Scripture and identify it as the 'Word of God'.

Bingo!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#427688 Mar 14, 2013
So one can only 'see' Scripture and identify it as the 'Word of God' after one's been born a-new from above and has the Spirit of Jesus living in them.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427689 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
In one post you scold me for citing scripture as my source for scripture and at the same time scold me for not using scripture to prove scripture alone.
I'll repeat ---(because that may have confused you as much as it did me....)---
In one post you scold me for citing scripture as my source for the validity of scripture and at the same time scold me for not using scripture to prove scripture alone.
Are you actually New Age Spiritual Leader?????
REALLY?!
notice again:
This was not written to your "pope"
2 Timothy 3:15-17
and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Can you do this without trying to be insulting? Not hat it bothers me, but it does not help in looking at the logical chain, and it makes me despair of your critical thinking skills.
Changing the subject to the papacy does not solve the problem of using scripture alone to determine canonicity. It merely makes it look as though you fear where you are headed, so you switch to an attack on the papacy.
Changing the subject is not a valid logical argument, though people try it all the time.
If you are going to hold that Sola Scriptura is a valid principle, then you have to use scripture, and nothing else, to support any argument you make.
If I then ask you if you can define canon using Sola Scriptura, is this not a fair question? If Sola Scriptura is valid, you should have no trouble.
I hold that you cannot do it, because you will eventually fall into a circular argument, and that is logically invalid.( A is proven to be true by B, which we know to be true because it is proven by C, and C is obviously true, because it is proven by the demonstrated truth of assertion A.)
I cannot prove Matthew is canonical by appealing to Mark, beause then I have to prove Mark, and when I cite Luke to do so, then I have to prove Luke, and if I eventually get around to using a text I was trying to prove to prove something else, it all falls.
I dunno. Maybe you are not capable of seeing it, or it has been drummed into you so hard that the implications are too terrifying.
I already figure that this is true of confrinting, because he thinks shouting makes his argument more valid.(hojo does this as well). I was not really certain that this applied to you. I'm still not.
I'm not trying to be difficult with you. Just trying to explain why Sola Scriptura does not work.
You seem to have an idea that Catholics do not value the scriptures, which is NOT true. Go look in the local Catholic bookstore, and you will learn differently.
Ultimately, it takes something external to the scriptures to determine canonicity, which provides the one example which disproves Sola Scriptura. One example is all that is required.
If I hold that scripture alone is sufficient to settle ALL matters, and then one example appears which cannot be settled from scripture alone, then "scripture alone can settle all questions" is proven invalid.
Really, there is nothing to fear there. Scripture Alone is not truly scriptural, so losing it will not lose you the scriptures.
A better Battle Cry would be "Scriptural Practice Ever Our Guide!" That one would at least be defensible.
But since definition of canon requires something external to canon (For Catholics, authority inherited from the apostles, expressed in Ecumenical Council. For Protestants, I've really no idea), then the door is open to Teaching on matters of faith and docrtine, and even dogma.
Rob

Albuquerque, NM

#427690 Mar 14, 2013
who="Robert Dye"
SIGH.
Rob

Now you want it to be proven even further by others, let alone a Catholic?

You are confused.

This is the result of believing, that which what men have told you to believe.

Believe in Jesus - you are sure to get all your "eggs" in one basket.

Location hidden

#427691 Mar 14, 2013
494 414
<quoted text>
Jesus was Born of Mary ...But sired by the Holy Ghost...
The sperm that brought about Mary's conception was from God..
All else appears to have been natural gestation and birth...Nary was a physical instrument of God's righteousness...
She carried Jesus physically in her womb for the duration of her pregnancy...
and afterwards carried Him in her heart. Spiritually
We also should be Spiritually pregnant with Jesus in our hearts for the duration of our life.
CHRIST with in us is... OUR HOPE OF GLORY
"The sperm that brought about Mary's conception was from God."

Quote: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Per biology, sperm is introduced to the female's egg during the act of intercourse. Do you honestly believe that God, being a Spirit, is able to have intercourse...that He and Mary so engaged?????

Since God is not married and Mary was, does that not constitute adultery????

Albuquerque, NM

#427692 Mar 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Considering Christianity only uses less than 6 of the original Apostles, your perception of "Apostolic Teaching" is limited, thus not exactly true in the language you put forth.
In other words, "Apostolic Teaching" would also be applied to Thomas and would be just as valid.
But it isn't in your eyes, because you allowed men to make this decision for you.
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Your Holiness.
Why do you patronize me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min dotard tracker 31,342
MY hot aunt 21 min Mr M 3
Little Jojo 24 min Johnny 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 29 min Johnny 30
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 987,386
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 1 hr Cheated 269
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,490
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,596
More from around the web