Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683790 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427494 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So then...Jesus was not born of a woman???? Mary, His mother, was not a woman!!!!! That is boggling my mind!!!!!
Jesus was Born of Mary ...But sired by the Holy Ghost...

The sperm that brought about Mary's conception was from God..

All else appears to have been natural gestation and birth...Nary was a physical instrument of God's righteousness...

She carried Jesus physically in her womb for the duration of her pregnancy...

and afterwards carried Him in her heart. Spiritually

We also should be Spiritually pregnant with Jesus in our hearts for the duration of our life.

CHRIST with in us is... OUR HOPE OF GLORY
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#427495 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah no Mr. Koresh. It is not a 'Roman Catholic' Prophecy. Its a Prophecy given by a Catholic. Its not spread, taught or endorsed by the Church.
Catholic Indeed........LOL

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#427496 Mar 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
All else appears to have been natural gestation and birth...Nary was a physical instrument of God's righteousness...
We also should be Spiritually pregnant with Jesus in our hearts for the duration of our life.
You had it now I forsee Percy giving you the What For on this one.
Percy say's don't you know it was a formed embryo place in Mary's womb nutured by the flesh..........not my words but Prestons logic.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427497 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
You are a LIAR.
Stanley says that you are also a 'prick'.
Go Figure.
Stanely says to me that you are a phoney, and some other nasty names.

I tell it like it is, like it or not Ollie!

#427498 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
The earth that brought forth Adam n eve (by the hands of God) should not be the objective of out worship...

Neither should the virgin that brought forth God's only begotten Son
be an objective of our worship.

While we should respect both the earth and Mary...
Our focus should be upon that which was created

and

that which was birth.

.both are given to us as gifts

to love ...look to for our sustenance and ...enjoy the gifts that are

wrought for us (by these gifts) from our Loving Heavenly Father
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#427499 Mar 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says..........you guys will find away to put the anti Christ label on him I'm sure.
Michael says. No Clay! We just report the truth.
You,Michael, wouldn't recognize the TRUTH, if it were "starring you in the eyes" (which it is everyday) because you "continue" to live in your "own little world" of hostility, vengeance and exaggerated "lies"---- against Jesus Christ and His One and (only) True Catholic Church.
Your "anti-catholic-(trash talking) "only" continues to reveal the (editoralizing) "hate" that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul....... It is the "only" (reckless) answer that ANY of you "fallen away Catholics" have in your "insecure desire for attention"!........ Instead of this continual "criticizing, attacking and ripping" the Historical and biblical PROVEN APOSTOLIC TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church!~-- why don't you just take ALL of your (Prodigal Son) rebellious and defiant (hang-ups) and go down the street to your nearest Protestant Church, where they have women ministers, support abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia and homosexual ministers and their "bible only (editorializing) Churches, will "tell you exactly what you want to hear"!! Then you can all have "coffee and donuts" and sit around in a circle singing "Kumbya"!!!
MICHAEL

Canada

#427500 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
You know Mary was a Jew, and you know Jews do not believe in sons of God, yet Mary (according to scriptures) practiced her jewish faith devoutly.

Can't have it both ways.

.....Throughout history, emperors assumed titles that amount to being "a son of god", "a son of a god" or "son of Heaven". Roman Emperor Augustus referred to his relation to the adoptive father, Julius Caesar as "son of a god" via the term divi filius which was later also used by Domitian and is distinct from the use of Son of God in the New Testament. Sure sounds like someone copied from the past.

Most customs/traditions of christianity were taught by others 1,000 years before, including eternal salvation.

I am sure you know this to be true?

Christianity just seems to be a warmed over version of others who came centuries before

#427501 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You,Michael, wouldn't recognize the TRUTH, if it were "starring you in the eyes" (which it is everyday) because you "continue" to live in your "own little world" of hostility, vengeance and exaggerated "lies"---- against Jesus Christ and His One and (only) True Catholic Church.
Your "anti-catholic-(trash talking) "only" continues to reveal the (editoralizing) "hate" that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul....... It is the "only" (reckless) answer that ANY of you "fallen away Catholics" have in your "insecure desire for attention"!........ Instead of this continual "criticizing, attacking and ripping" the Historical and biblical PROVEN APOSTOLIC TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church!~-- why don't you just take ALL of your (Prodigal Son) rebellious and defiant (hang-ups) and go down the street to your nearest Protestant Church, where they have women ministers, support abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia and homosexual ministers and their "bible only (editorializing) Churches, will "tell you exactly what you want to hear"!! Then you can all have "coffee and donuts" and sit around in a circle singing "Kumbya"!!!
~~~

While I do not agree with Michael..

I believe that He has more of a chance of becoming a Christian than you do...

He appears to yet be pliable and willing to learn...

while you appear to be like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set.

irrational, obstinate, UN-teachable...sold unto fiction, fables,

fantasy and a pagan facade.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427502 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
you my little friend, write the exact same story every post you make.

I have posted factual information to you before. Today most roman catholics use or have used forms of birth control. More roman catholic women per 1,000 have abortions more often than protestant women.

Homosexual ministers you say. Check out your own catholic clergy. Catholic priests/bishops themselves state homosexuality among catholic clergy is higher than the general population and as you must know by now in the past 2 weeks explosive stories about Pope Benedict emeritus being Gay.

GOOGLE.....Pope Bendict Gay..........the internet is full of stories by dozens of credable news agencies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22870...

I bring the truth, the truth you fail to acknowledge.
christ had one ball

East Stroudsburg, PA

#427503 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
While I do not agree with Michael..
I believe that He has more of a chance of becoming a Christian than you do...
He appears to yet be pliable and willing to learn...
while you appear to be like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set.
irrational, obstinate, UN-teachable...sold unto fiction, fables,
fantasy and a pagan facade.
one word....PLASTICS!

saint the graduate, 1968

though ann bamkroft probably wasn't as sexy as that virgin mary.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427504 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Illogical? What suggestion can you make that God's Word was not complete as written in the scriptures and that it continues on and possibly changes with men beyond the scripture we're provided?
How can someone think that the message of God continues on through a Pope that was not elected unanimously the first time? Is there inspiration in this Pope's leadership and within your church or not?
I find inspiration within the church in scripture.
Let mebsee if I can explain it to you this way ...
It will taka a while, and require the assumption of good will on my part, which you may not find yourself capable of assuming.
Neverthless, I'll give it a shot.
For an easy start, please demonstrate, USING SCRIPTURE ALONE, that the Gospel according to St. Matthew should be regarded as Sacred Scripture ( that is to say, that it should be considered part of "the Bible."
(Note that I am NOT saying that it is not. What I *am* asking you to do is, starting from scratch, demonstrate that Matthew should be considered canonical.)
(anchor. Please include in reply: jdgm7843. This is for ease of finding your reply)
Rob
MICHAEL

Canada

#427505 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to talk about homosexuality, maybe you should start at the top of your own church.

The big news in Rome the past couple weeks. GOOGLE GAY CATHOLIC SAUNA..........its all over the internet.

GOOGLE POPE BENDICT GAY......

I report the news, the news you don't want to know about. The truth must be told.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427506 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah no Mr. Koresh. It is not a 'Roman Catholic' Prophecy. Its a Prophecy given by a Catholic. Its not spread, taught or endorsed by the Church.
It may not ven be that. It is widely thought to be a fraud, with the "obviously accurate" preditions all coming before the fraud was perpetrated, and the intentionallyvague ones being put in so people could read into them what they wanted, the same way horoscopes in the daily paper work.
It has never been accepted by the Church, nor proclaim as anything more than what it is: a long list of vague, supposed predictions, supposedly (and dubiously) attributed to St. malachi.
Non-Catholic evangelicals put more stock in it that the Catholic Church itself.
Rob
MICHAEL

Canada

#427507 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>.....and this coming from an Idiot who has never been positive in his life.
Except that is, when he hoists his arse to accept the next overSized dildo that's dipped in vaseline and sprinkled with coarse sand and salt.
Stanley says that you are despicable in every sense of the word and you are assured a seat on one of our BLACK Buses when you are 'called up' to make your one-way trip to your ultimate party.
When you get such a call, there's 'No Way Out'.
Go Figure.
I will report you're inappropriate post, to the moderator for posting profanity and offensive comments.

......and you call yourself a roman catholic.

UNBELIEVABLE!

UNBELIEVABLE!

#427508 Mar 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Mary was a Jew, and you know Jews do not believe in sons of God, yet Mary (according to scriptures) practiced her jewish faith devoutly.
Can't have it both ways.
.....Throughout history, emperors assumed titles that amount to being "a son of god", "a son of a god" or "son of Heaven". Roman Emperor Augustus referred to his relation to the adoptive father, Julius Caesar as "son of a god" via the term divi filius which was later also used by Domitian and is distinct from the use of Son of God in the New Testament. Sure sounds like someone copied from the past.
Most customs/traditions of christianity were taught by others 1,000 years before, including eternal salvation.
I am sure you know this to be true?
Christianity just seems to be a warmed over version of others who came centuries before
~~~
Christianity just seems to be a warmed over version of others who came before..

It is the other way around...GOD WAS/IS FIRST...

THE WORLD, THE FLESH,

AND

THE DEVIL (WHICH JESUS DESCRIBED AS THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD THAT HE DEFEATED AT CALVARY)...

HAD/HAS NOTHING ORIGINAL

HE HAS ALWAYS ATTEMPTED TO COPY EDIT AND CHANGE WHAT GOD HAS
ORIGINATED..

JUST LIKE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427509 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
You are a LIAR.
Stanley says that you are also a 'prick'.
Go Figure.
YOu say you are a representative of the roman catholic church?

OK!

#427510 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Christianity just seems to be a warmed over version of others who came before..
It is the other way around...GOD WAS/IS FIRST...
THE WORLD, THE FLESH,
AND
THE DEVIL (WHICH JESUS DESCRIBED AS THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD THAT HE DEFEATED AT CALVARY)...
HAD/HAS NOTHING ORIGINAL
HE HAS ALWAYS ATTEMPTED TO COPY EDIT AND CHANGE WHAT GOD HAS
ORIGINATED..
JUST LIKE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION.
~~~
F. B. MEYER COMMENTARY

GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION IS...

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The voice of pleading mercy,

Mat_11:28-30. Labor is for active manhood; heavy-laden for suffering, patient womanhood.

The invitation is to commit and submit;

to come and

to bow under the yoke of the Father’s will. Submission and obedience

are the secrets of the blessed life.

~~~

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#427511 Mar 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Stanely says to me that you are a phoney, and some other nasty names.
I tell it like it is, like it or not Ollie!
Stan is an angry man, just like his god figure.

Weak of faith too, as evidenced by his name-calling.

Michael, you called this Pope's election and you provide irrefutable facts. Many are jealous of your foresight and wisdom.

Continue to lead by example. Be strong, love them, guide them.

Amen, Truth, Justice, America
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#427512 Mar 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
you my little friend, write the exact same story every post you make.
I have posted factual information to you before. Today most roman catholics use or have used forms of birth control. More roman catholic women per 1,000 have abortions more often than protestant women.
Homosexual ministers you say. Check out your own catholic clergy. Catholic priests/bishops themselves state homosexuality among catholic clergy is higher than the general population and as you must know by now in the past 2 weeks explosive stories about Pope Benedict emeritus being Gay.
GOOGLE.....Pope Bendict Gay..........the internet is full of stories by dozens of credable news agencies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22870...
I bring the truth, the truth you fail to acknowledge.
The mainstream media, CNN, ABC, NBC, AND CBS are loaded with
"trumped up" anti-catholic exaggerated BS, just like you, Michael!
The internet is "full of it" alright---full of liberal "hack writers" who will say of print ANYTHING in order to "get the attention of ANY of the "gullible readers" who are "dumb enough" to buy into the exaggerated lies that they spread. Just like CNN yesterday at St Peters Square, when CNN (pre-selected 3 liberal emancipated (so-called Catholics) who wore buttons promoting "women priests" for all the world to see the CNN agenda. CNN probably "bussed these feminists" into St Peter Square ahead of time, portraying this (small handful of desperate feminists) to be the real "voice of the Catholic Church"..... This was CNN "finest" (scam-hoax and fraud) hour of distorting and manipulating the TRUTH. You are "no different" Michael!!----You are ust another Prodigal son in Luke 15:11---defiant-rebellious-and hostile to the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church....Your exaggerated, editorialized opinions" only show what an unfortunate "messed up", perverted and vindictive "hate filled" anti-catholic world you "live in"!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#427513 Mar 14, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>.
Let mebsee if I can explain it to you this way ...
It will taka a while, and require the assumption of good will on my part, which you may not find yourself capable of assuming.
Neverthless, I'll give it a shot.
For an easy start, please demonstrate, USING SCRIPTURE ALONE, that the Gospel according to St. Matthew should be regarded as Sacred Scripture ( that is to say, that it should be considered part of "the Bible."
(Note that I am NOT saying that it is not. What I *am* asking you to do is, starting from scratch, demonstrate that Matthew should be considered canonical.)
(anchor. Please include in reply: jdgm7843. This is for ease of finding your reply)
Rob
Bravo Rob.( jdgm7843 )

If you weren't a Priest, I think you would have made a good military field commander.

You wisely selected an advantageous battleground (in a manner of speaking). Certainly a valid one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Frank N Stine 16,265
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Insults Are Easier 983,108
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 18 min Awesome Facts 33,211
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 3 hr common sense 19
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 5 hr Disappointed US V... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 12 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
More from around the web