Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427263 Mar 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
>THE GRACE OF GOD DOES NOT COME BY/TROUGH.. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEITHER CAN THEY DECIDE WHOM IT IS THAT RECEIVES HIS GRACE AND WHO DOES NOT<
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
NEITHER ARE WE ENRICHED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...THAT TEACHES INFORMATION INSTEAD OF KNOWLEDGE
1Co 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
WE ARE NOT CONFIRMED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
1Co 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
1Co 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Co 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
NO CHURCH ...CAN KEEP US FROM FALLING....OR PRESENT US FAULTLESS TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER...IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT ...ONLY JESUS IS ABLE TO..
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
In reading your rant against the Catholic Church, I find it incredibly hypocritical.
Here you are assuming more authority than anyone I have ever seem in the Catholic Church.
I don't think you know how to read the Bible, let alone interpret it for us.
You're taking letters from the Apostles and applying them against the Church that gave them to you!
Bottom line Confrint. Outside the Catholic Church (which you are) its a complete doctrinal mess that you are guilty in producing.
Christianity changes from your Pentecostal community to the next. I wish you were not such a hateful bigot filled with pride. You shouldn't have come on this forum man. I know you found out what truth is on here. You'd been better off not knowing anything about Catholicism.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427264 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
>THE GRACE OF GOD DOES NOT COME BY/TROUGH.. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEITHER CAN THEY DECIDE WHOM IT IS THAT RECEIVES HIS GRACE AND WHO DOES NOT<
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
NEITHER ARE WE ENRICHED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...THAT TEACHES INFORMATION INSTEAD OF KNOWLEDGE
1Co 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
WE ARE NOT CONFIRMED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
1Co 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
1Co 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Co 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
NO CHURCH ...CAN KEEP US FROM FALLING....OR PRESENT US FAULTLESS TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER...IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT ...ONLY JESUS IS ABLE TO..
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
[NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.]

GREAT POST CONFRINTING, AMEN AMEN. THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427265 Mar 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR.
You are fulla schidt to the eyeballs.
There are 1.3 billion Roman Catholics 'living' that believe in Him never mind the countles 'billions' that have come and died in His Faith over the past 2000 years.
In addition, there is another 3.6 billion Christians of other denominations.
By the way, the large crowds were NOT made aware in the late hours of the night by the Jewish heirarchy who wanted to try Jesus with as much secrecy as possible. Those on hand were paid to show their displeasure with Him.
....just like you...if the government shouts out 'free handouts'...you are one of the first to rush to it.
Meanwhile, Stanley says that you are in for a Real big surprise when you see whose sitting next to you on your assigned seat on your assigned BLACK Bus.
Go Figure.
Curly, Larry & Moe says,.......By the way, the large crowds were NOT made aware in the late hours of the night by the Jewish heirarchy who wanted to try Jesus with as much secrecy as possible. Those on hand were paid to show their displeasure with Him.

Michael says......according to scriptures this was a public spectacle. According to scriptures the 12 apostles (who were suppose to have Jesus's back) ran off locked themselves in a room hiding in fear. Three days later they are out and about preaching to the very men they ran from in the first place. HUH!

If someone brought me back from the dead, or restored my eyesight or fed me, I would be there supporting this guy, but thats not how the writers needed the story to go. They needed Jesus to die to fulfill the agenda of dying for mankind.

How would christianity have ever started if the small crowd who had a 50-50 choice had chosen Barabas instead?

Christianity was started on the flip of a coin......heads or tails, 50-50. Jesus or Barabas.

Unbelievable!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427266 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If God and Jesus are one and the same,.... then try reading the OT, but replace the word "God" with the word "Jesus."
Jesus wipes out entire cities.
Jesus instructs that innocent women and children be slaughtered or enslaved.
Jesus demands the foreskins of dead enemies as tribute.
Jesus loves you.
God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit. 3 equal persons in one God, but God the father makes all the decisions for the other two..........but they are all equal!... right?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#427267 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
NO MATTER WHAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS CLAIMED.. ABOUT PETER BEING
the first pope.
THEY DO NOT/CANNOT control the grace of GOD...
nor
THE GIFTS OF GOD..
WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE..more is said than done..
What they CLAIM CANNOT be PROVEN/VALIDATED by the BIBLE...
Their own DYNASTY IN ROME ITALY ..PROVES NOTHING
BUT
THAT they are A CARNAL ...POWER HUNGRY.. EXCLUSIVE RELIGIOUS
ORGANIZATION THAT SELFISHLY CONSPIRES TO CONTROL THE GRACE OF GOD.
~~~
THEIR CLAIM THAT that they are the only the ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH..

with the ability to BAR ALL OTHERS FROM HEAVEN...

only proves that THEY are attempting at PLAYING GOD

Their doing so

MEANS

THAT THEY claim THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT to decide TO WHOM GOD'S

GRACE IS EXTENDED.. and whom GOD HAS REJECTED...

WHICH PRACTICE IS LUDICROUSNESS..

When the Bible says

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

They condemn and count all others as substandard .

They claim ...teach

that

All that do not subscribe to their conjecture are beneath their

exclusive arrogant feet.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427268 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Brilliant post, 4GVN!
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were spiritually elected - then the one *evil spirit* must have been involved.
JESUS SAID: "you know them by their fruit
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were prayerfully elected - SOMEBODY was PRAYING to the WRONG DUDE!
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were supernaturally elected - then the supernatural entity involved HAD TO BE evil.
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were ecclesiastically elected - the ecclesiastic members must have been evil, too.
-
.... indeed the *evil popes* were were NOT and anomaly.
-
INDEED! THE EVIL POPES DID NOT DEVIATE FROM WHAT IS STANDARD IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC HIERARCHY.
-
If indeed we had an evil pope, how come they didn't bring down the Church or change Church teachings?
You see, history might show a bad pope or two, and I wouldn't argue at it. Although for some reason their sins are enormously blown up by Ideologue such as yourself.
None of these men could ever alter Church dogma or doctrine to go against anything the Apostles taught.
Now, if there was an evil Pope- guided by the Devil, how come He didn't change the Eucharist or remove some books from the Bible?

Answer: the gates of Hell can not prevail against the Church.
So what could Satan do? Nothing. He had to settle for a disgruntled Priest named Luther. By doing that, Satan changed the Eucharist and removed Books from the Bible, among other deceptive theology that went against the Church.
Now look what happened. You guys are so far removed from the Apostolic Church, you don't realize it. There is virtually nothing you guys haven't changed about what the Apostles taught.
See, its started with one man and a couple lies. Now its blossomed into 45,000 with even more lies.
Each on of ya teach different then the next.

You don't believe me? Watch us Catholics disappear from this forum for a couple days, and you'll see you fundies cyber stabbing each other with scripture verses!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427269 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If God and Jesus are one and the same,.... then try reading the OT, but replace the word "God" with the word "Jesus."
Jesus wipes out entire cities.
Jesus instructs that innocent women and children be slaughtered or enslaved.
Jesus demands the foreskins of dead enemies as tribute.
Jesus loves you.
And if you check the bible you would find out many of the place that God destroyed, sacrafice their children to strange god's.
So they were not so innocent, woman gave their virgin daughter to be
Prositutes in the temples, etc. homosexuality was widely practised in the pagan temples, child sex abuse is not a new thing.
You should read the Bible on the enemies of God before you critizes the reasons, He does things.
God hates sin.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427270 Mar 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your distorted comments are just a "continuation" of the same old Protestant "bible only" anti-catholic "propaganda" that you 4GVN are "so famous for"! You, my friend, have attained a "monopoly on (what you call)--"lies, dishonesty and ignorance" when it comes to your "bible only" distortion of the TRUTH of the Bible, 2000 years of TRUE Church History, and the writings, documents and authoritative history from the Early Church Fathers and the Apologistic authors--both Catholic and Protestant..... You obviously, are "still dialed into" James McCarthy and Ron Rhodes, which are two of the more "prominent" 21st century "heretical preachers" of Jesus Christs and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church!! Heretics, like these two, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years--YET---Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church, has, is and will continue to LIVE ON!!!
If by some fluke you actually make it to heaven, how are you going to explain to God all the trash talking you did about the protestants who will also be in heaven?

God wants unity, equality and fairness of all. You fit none of those virtues. Sorry!

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427271 Mar 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You were once a "supposed" Catholic and so why are you asking "stupid questions" that you already know the answer to????
Well why don't you answer his question hojo, instead of giving such a stupid answer.
You don't know yourself do you.
I don't thing anyone one does except maybe they just decided it was on a need to know bases. Or to cover up their evil plots,
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427272 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you check the bible you would find out many of the place that God destroyed, sacrafice their children to strange god's.
So they were not so innocent, woman gave their virgin daughter to be
Prositutes in the temples, etc. homosexuality was widely practised in the pagan temples, child sex abuse is not a new thing.
You should read the Bible on the enemies of God before you critizes the reasons, He does things.
God hates sin.
What is the point in God creating the 10 commandments if God is not going to lead by example in following his own 6th commandment. Thou shalt not kill.

I don't see widespread death today among prostitutes, gays, sex abusers, by God, do you?

Its all baloney to scare you into fear by religious leaders. No ALL loving God would ever commit such autrocities.

These stories were created to get everyone to run to the nearest church/synagogue in fear to bolster the numbers.

Life is good for me, and whatever waits at the end of the line will be shared by every other human being that lived before me.

Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427273 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
[NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.]
GREAT POST CONFRINTING, AMEN AMEN. THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
How do you know that LTM?

A bit ironic you claim "no Church calls us into fellowship with Jesus Christ. Jesus does."

Yet, it was a Church that told you that was a Bible passage to begin with!!
It was a Church who gathered, compiled and labeled those books, 400 yrs after Christ was born, just so you arrogantly can use those words against her..
Interesting.
truth

Perth, Australia

#427274 Mar 13, 2013
nothing new under heaven
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427275 Mar 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>have to be honest here,i'm not a big fan of the R.P.C.C. as we all know,but the smart move would be to elect o'malley,problem is other cardinals know about his no nonsense approach to settling problems within the church,if elected, sweeping changes will definately take place.
Good point!

If O'Malley or Dolan gets in then during the next several years they can install more american cardinals as the old ones die off, to tip the future voting away from europe.

Its all political! nothing to do with God.

off topic:

They better hurry up and elect a pope, the environmentalists are going to be screaming with so much heavy black smoke covering all of Italy. The pollution index must be near the top...."cough! cough!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427276 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If by some fluke you actually make it to heaven, how are you going to explain to God all the trash talking you did about the protestants who will also be in heaven?
God wants unity, equality and fairness of all. You fit none of those virtues. Sorry!
The truth is Michael, no one deserves Heaven. We are all sinners.
The bible says mans heart is evil, and you can see on this thread the truth in that.
That is why we needed a Savior. the sad part is people follow after a religious doctrine instead of Jesus.
The bible says when Jesus comes back will He find people of faith

Luke 18:1-8

King James Version (KJV)

18 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427277 Mar 13, 2013
Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#427278 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THEIR CLAIM THAT that they are the only the ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH..
with the ability to BAR ALL OTHERS FROM HEAVEN...
only proves that THEY are attempting at PLAYING GOD
Their doing so
MEANS
THAT THEY claim THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT to decide TO WHOM GOD'S
GRACE IS EXTENDED.. and whom GOD HAS REJECTED...
WHICH PRACTICE IS LUDICROUSNESS..
NO ONE--has "ever said" that the Catholic Church has the ability to "bar anyone" from heaven. These "ridiculous, idiotic statements can "only come" from bible only" bigots like you. It is "editorizing,(self opinionated) judgemental and condemning Protestant "fundies" such as you, 4GVN, jethro8, justachristian and other bible only (Catholic bashers)--who continue to (deny) over 2000 years of PROVEN Church History and "defiantly and rebelliously repudiate" the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible from the Early Church Fathers in 382,393, and 397---who "gave you fundies" the bible that you mis-interpret to your "OWN" demise and destruction! The TRUTH of Jesus Christs and HIS (One and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, has is and will continue to remain as the "way, the TRUTH and the life!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427280 Mar 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
208 178 170
<quoted text>
You don't even know the definition of "believe".....so you really cannot be expected to know much about anything else....
Is this the best you can do?

I guess it is, since you decided to post nothing else.

*sighs*

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427281 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The NT is not written simply to clarify the OT. We have to realize that the OT is not only history of the Jewish people, but much more.
The OT is rich with history, poetry, lifestyles and everyday struggles of the Jewish people, and - prophecy that Jesus would come from Jewish lineage and what to be on the lookout for in order to know who actually IS the Messiah.
-
There are a few OT verses which point to Christ as Messiah, but, the verses don't tell us his name. They do tell us important information, though, and some of his titles.
-
The following verse tells us that Messiah will be at war with God's adversary, and it's prophecy states that Satan will deliver a blow,(strike his heel) but that Christ will deliver a more permanent blow, the death stroke (crush your head):
-
Genesis 3:16
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."
http://bible.cc/genesis/3-15.htm
-
This verse states that he will rule his people:
Isaiah 9:
6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
http://bible.cc/isaiah/9-6.htm
-
This one you may especially like:
Micah 5:
2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me ONE WHO WILL be RULER over Israel, WHOSE ORIGINS are from of old, FROM ANCIENT TIMES."
http://bible.cc/micah/5-2.htm
-
- I have more if you would like them.
jesus does not have to fight satan,god just has to snap his fingers,and he's gone,he's done it many times before so why not do it now and stop this so called mighty battle before it starts. and if god knows all sees all then he is well aware of what is going to happen,so instead of letting it happen,just zap him with a lightning bolt and no final battle...IF this so called battle does take place i'd like to be there,watch it,maybe join in have some fun kicking perverted priest butt who will be on the side of satan for the sins they committed over the centuries,especially the early days,they have the blood of innocent men,women and children on their hands, just because they did not want to be part of the unholy pagan/christian church.and i do believe murder is a sin that is NOT forgiven,so satan will have a sizable army on his side,and if this theory is true i wouldn't mind jumping in and giving the little jew boy a hand,hojo will on satan side also along with anthony who is a false accuser and liar,andvour new good buddy stanley will be part of satans group.i say this because they think they are in the good graces of god yet, they talk to people with the tounge of satan.oxbow included catholic or not.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427282 Mar 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that LTM?
A bit ironic you claim "no Church calls us into fellowship with Jesus Christ. Jesus does."
Yet, it was a Church that told you that was a Bible passage to begin with!!
It was a Church who gathered, compiled and labeled those books, 400 yrs after Christ was born, just so you arrogantly can use those words against her..
Interesting.
We are called by God. not man or a denomination.
1Cor:1-26
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called

1:26-31 God did not choose philosophers, nor orators, nor statesmen, nor men of wealth, and power, and interest in the world, to publish the gospel of grace and peace. He best judges what men and what measures serve the purposes of his glory. Though not many noble are usually called by Divine grace, there have been some such in every age, who have not been ashamed of the gospel of Christ; and persons of every rank stand in need of pardoning grace. Often, a humble Christian, though poor as to this world, has more true knowledge of the gospel, than those who have made the letter of Scripture the study of their lives, but who have studied it rather as the witness of men, than as the word of God. And even young children have gained such knowledge of Divine truth as to silence infidels. The reason is, they are taught of God; the design is, that no flesh should glory in his presence. That distinction, in which alone they might glory, was not of themselves. It was by the sovereign choice and regenerating grace of God, that they were in Jesus Christ by faith. He is made of God to us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption; all we need, or can desire. And he is made wisdom to us, that by his word and Spirit, and from his fulness and treasures of wisdom and knowledge, we may receive all that will make us wise unto salvation, and fit for every service to which we are called. We

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427283 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I rejected all that useless information so I threw it away. It's not even worth remembering, so it certainly is not worth discussing.
Throwing away the teachings of Jesus.

We'll agree to disagree.

Thanks for responding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Catcher1 838,231
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min who 271,333
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min 15th Dalai Lama 4,302
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min WildWeirdWillie 176,923
sex (May '13) 36 min girls united states 160
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 38 min girls united states 830
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min RiccardoFire 99,852
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Raja 30
More from around the web