Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637796 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#427464 Mar 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God.
His mother a sinner was born of earhly flesh , so Jesus knew our sin personally(for us),so He could Save us from sin.
Mary is not the mother of God and not to be prayed to.
Do you realize if you are wrong, and you're saying things like that about the Mother of Jesus Christ, that you'll have to explain this she to Him some day?

Basically you're going 'all in' with something that you claim, should be spelled out in the 27 Books of the New Testament. This man- made theology about Christianity is new and strange. There is no basis for it.
You're another person I wish never came on here to get involved with debating the Catholic faith. You're a sweet lady and you mean well.
But Marge, the game changes for people like you, once you receive actual truth about Christianity and where your particular sect came from, and the deception you been fed; and the deception you guys preach about the Catholic Church.

You'd been better off reading your Bible and praying before bed. Because now, when you publicly declare things about Our Lords Mother, with no basis at all, you're sinning. You simply can't use the Bible like you're doing! Its wrong and unbiblical in itself.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#427465 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize if you are wrong, and you're saying things like that about the Mother of Jesus Christ, that you'll have to explain this she to Him some day?
Basically you're going 'all in' with something that you claim, should be spelled out in the 27 Books of the New Testament. This man- made theology about Christianity is new and strange. There is no basis for it.
You're another person I wish never came on here to get involved with debating the Catholic faith. You're a sweet lady and you mean well.
But Marge, the game changes for people like you, once you receive actual truth about Christianity and where your particular sect came from, and the deception you been fed; and the deception you guys preach about the Catholic Church.
You'd been better off reading your Bible and praying before bed. Because now, when you publicly declare things about Our Lords Mother, with no basis at all, you're sinning. You simply can't use the Bible like you're doing! Its wrong and unbiblical in itself.
Stanley says that you do so have a point.

Members of the Faithfull of the Holy Roman Catholic Church have been taught and doso believe that Mary, the Mother of Jesus was born 'without Original sin'.

Mother Mary was perfect and pure in every way. That's why GOD the Father chose her to be the Mother of HIS Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is One in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit....the Trinity...the basis of ALL belief within the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Both Stanley and I fear GOD, and accept Jesus Christ as Our Lord and Master forever and ever.

Go Figure,

Location hidden

#427466 Mar 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church like any other religion is built on lies nothing else!
Stanley says to let you know that sometime in the not-to-distant future...(when you consider the age of our Pale Blue Dot to be 3.86 billion years old)....you will be informed of your confirmation of your seat on your assigned BLACK Bus to take your one-way trip to your ultimate party.

Your BLACK Bus driver is already assigned along with his 4 minders.

Keep it up and you might even get a window seat. That would really be interesting for you, never mind who is sitting in the next seat to you.

Stanley and I will be on hand at the BLACK Bus statation to see that you are 'taken' on board. Your mommy will be of NO help.

Go Figure.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#427467 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that you do so have a point.
Members of the Faithfull of the Holy Roman Catholic Church have been taught and doso believe that Mary, the Mother of Jesus was born 'without Original sin'.
Mother Mary was perfect and pure in every way. That's why GOD the Father chose her to be the Mother of HIS Son, Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is One in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit....the Trinity...the basis of ALL belief within the Holy Roman Catholic Church.
Both Stanley and I fear GOD, and accept Jesus Christ as Our Lord and Master forever and ever.
Go Figure,
There is NO original sin....we DO NOT INHERIT SIN from anyone...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#427468 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
Go Figure,
Scripture plainly teaches that sin is not inherited.

Every person is responsible for his own conduct.

Jesus is the only sinless one.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#427469 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
Go Figure,
Ezekiel 18:20

20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Romans 14:12

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#427470 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's name is on it? If you are Christ's church why doesn't your name suggest it?
Rom. 16:16b - All the churches of Christ send greetings.
The evidence the church of Christ existed before the 19th century is, as Rom. 16:16b suggests, it is the church you read about in your NT. You will find no difference in our worship, our baptism, or our church government than that taught to the first century church. Unless you can prove that statement wrong, I suggest you got some esplanin' to do about the church of Catholics.
Christ's church was first. False teaching, as we were told it would, crept in and took the church of Catholics on a de-railed mission of men.
Our name does suggest it! Universal.

"To all the Churches of Christ"

Corinth, Rome, Jerusalem, Antioch, Ephesus, Galatia, Syria, Colossae, and many more.

The Apostles set up the the Catholic (Universal) Church.
One of the Disciples of the Apostles, Ignatius of Antioch, was the first person recorded using the title, but most likely not the first person to use it.

Did the Apostle John tell Ignatius to believe this:

"wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, Thus will be safe and valid"

The name "Roman Catholic Church" is an invention by Protestant England in the 17th century, because they considered their new Angelican church to also be Catholic, and wanted to appear equal to the real Church, by giving the followers of the Bishop of Rome a title. Unfortunately, the name stuck, and the Holy Catholic Church uses it on occasion these days too, for reasons I do not know.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#427471 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also told His Apostles: "To you I give the keys to the kingdom of heaven! Whatever you shall "bind on earth shall be bound in heaven" and whatever you shall "loost on earth, shall be loost in heaven." (It's called confession-reconciliation-abso lution)!!!!! Yes--I/we as Catholics ALL trust Jesus!! We trust --HIM----and HIS OWN SPOKEN WORDS--in the Gospel, that have been interpreted to be the TRUTH for over 2000 years!!
In I Tim 3:15, Paul calls "the Church (not the bible alone) to be the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
Yes, it's true.

Hojo reaps the spiritual and material riches of a society that grew out of the Reformation - a society built on anti-Catholic ideals -- a society that gave Catholics basic freedoms and the right to vote for the first time in history -- while he cheerfully stabs 100% of America's founders and most Americans in the back on a daily basis.

Typical back-stabber without integrity, driven by the hatred of everything around him.

We must pray for the male witch known as Hojo, aka the angry old fool of Hudson.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#427472 Mar 14, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> It is not a game to ask that we take words at thier face value for what they really mean. However,It would have been much quicker and simpler to have just said...'Duh, I don't know.' Hoho, you are a joke.:)
2000 years of PROVEN, RECORDED AND VERIFIED "TRUTH" of the biblical and historical "validated-facts" of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church is "NOT" a joke----but you and your other 42,000 contradicting "bible only" (editorialist) "relative truth" Christians
who "make-up" your own Church History, are showing ALL of us Catholics, who are the TRUE FOLLOWERS of Jesus Christ---that "the joke", has,is, and will CONTINUE to be---- on you!!!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#427473 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My words "Since you are intent on showing the Word of God as fallible"...does not mean I am saying the Word of God is fallible..you are...I am only giving you ammo to further your cause..
Here is a other...all Catholics say that the Bible says Christ was a sinner...they quote: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..
Say waaaaa?

Many have problems with what Jesus said in the Bible. Why does that surprise you?

In the age of modern medicine, are you not able to make yourself a eunuch as Jesus suggested?

You certainly reject Jesus' clear and concise advice on how to follow him perfectly.

It's a shell game for the make-it-easy-for-me, pretend Christians.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427474 Mar 14, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Long before the council at Carthage (circa 378 AD), there were copies floating around of all the various letters and books that would become the recognized Canon. From what I understand, most books were accepted and used in all places since at least 100 AD. The other books, Hebrews, 2 & 3 John, 2 Peter, Jude, James and Revelation, were more debatable so it is likely that those were not as universally copied. The relative merits of virtually every book had been debated and studied. From the descriptions of the early church writers, there did not seem to be any lack of copies. What possibly was lacking and which the Carthage council helped established was a formal consensus of what should and should not be included. Given human nature for what it normally is, the fact that they reached a conclusion at all is probably a testament to the lack of real contenders. If there was any real disagreement, there would have probably been a schism in the church. There wasn't any such schism in that time period, so it is probably safe to say that they were pretty much in agreement on what was going to be included even before the council met.
So, what happened between the last prophet and the wide distribution of copies is hard to say. We have no evidence that there was any time gap. If John lived to around 100 AD as some claim and copies of the gospels and Pauline letters were in circulation at that time, then it would seem that there was no time in which the church was without guidance. There could have been prophets that outlasted John. It is also possible that all the books of the Bible were in wide circulation prior to John's death. Without evidence to the contrary, I am left to assume that Paul's prophesy about the end of prophesy in I Corinthians 13 came true.
Working for the Lord says......The other books, Hebrews, 2 & 3 John, 2 Peter, Jude, James and Revelation, were more debatable so it is likely that those were not as universally copied.

Michael says......Why would these books be disallowed if they too claimed to be inspired by God, and these books were actually written as the others were, that were accepted about someone in the churches view who actually lived.

If the books were about a legend or someone the church couldn't substantiate whether he lived or not I could understand.

If we have catholic church leaders today and all throughout history that have made big blunders, what makes you believe no blunders were made 1700 years ago?

Its all about the churches agenda.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427475 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says to let you know that sometime in the not-to-distant future...(when you consider the age of our Pale Blue Dot to be 3.86 billion years old)....you will be informed of your confirmation of your seat on your assigned BLACK Bus to take your one-way trip to your ultimate party.
Your BLACK Bus driver is already assigned along with his 4 minders.
Keep it up and you might even get a window seat. That would really be interesting for you, never mind who is sitting in the next seat to you.
Stanley and I will be on hand at the BLACK Bus statation to see that you are 'taken' on board. Your mommy will be of NO help.
Go Figure.
I would be very careful while you are on hand at the bus station. The ones already aboard might just grab you and put you in the drivers seat.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427476 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are intent on showing the Word of God as being fallible.....I have some ammo for you...
John the Baptist said the opposite!!! Quote: And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
....Heaven, hell, prophecy, demon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, BY A BAPTIZER, communion with God through a holy meal, monotheism, others with persons of God, immortality of the soul, eternal salvation, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture. Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more.

John Baptist story is just one in a long line of the same stories that came 1,000 years before.

Christianity is just the modern day rollout of what came before. The only reason it continues today is family-hand-me-down-tradition. INDOCTRINATION. If mom and dad are protestant/catholics so will be the kids, as it carries on to the next generation.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427477 Mar 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Since not only the bible is full of fakes, lies and errors, the hole catholic church is full crimes! Jesus may have existed 2000 years ago as a normal human being! The religions are all fictions no more!
Jewish clerics disagree with meanings and terminology of catholic theology. Catholics disagree with meanings and terminoloy of protestants theology.

Doesn't that mean ORGANIZED religion, isn't organized at all?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#427478 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years of PROVEN, RECORDED AND VERIFIED "TRUTH" of the biblical and historical "validated-facts" of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church is "NOT" a joke----but you and your other 42,000 contradicting "bible only" (editorialist) "relative truth" Christians
who "make-up" your own Church History, are showing ALL of us Catholics, who are the TRUE FOLLOWERS of Jesus Christ---that "the joke", has,is, and will CONTINUE to be---- on you!!!
Try an convince me that you and your Pope don't put Mary before God . Clearly the Pope put's Mary above God

In his first morning as supreme pontiff and leader of the world’s 1.2 billion Catholics, Pope Francis visited the Roman basilica dedicated to the Virgin Mary, slipping in a side entrance for a few moments of private prayer.

The stop at the fifth-century Basilica of St. Mary Major, was not a surprise. Minutes after his election, Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York recalled, Francis asked his fellow cardinals if they would be willing to delay a celebratory Mass at the Sistine Chapel on Thursday so that he could first make a brief foray to “visit the icon of the holy mother

With the election of Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina as the 266th pope, the cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church have broken Europe's long stranglehold on the papacy.

Accompanied by prelates, Francis went to the domed Pauline Chapel at 8 a.m.(3 a.m. Eastern), knelt before the Madonna Protectress of the Roman People icon of the Virgin Mary and then sat in the front pew for five minutes of silent prayer, said Monsignor Emilio Silvestrini.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#427479 Mar 14, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutley Cireect. It was a roman catholic prophecy from one opf your own..ROTFLOL
Ah no Mr. Koresh. It is not a 'Roman Catholic' Prophecy. Its a Prophecy given by a Catholic. Its not spread, taught or endorsed by the Church.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427480 Mar 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>a woman has a better chance.it's all phoney posturing.trying to make themselves not look predjudice,which we know they are,the way women are treated within the church screams predjudice.
If there was a female Pope and 114 female Cardinals, guaranteed none of these women would ever coverup, or allow anyone in their jurisdiction to harm a child.

Pope Francis better hit the ground running because these scandals just keep piling up.

MICHAEL

Canada

#427481 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try and not sound mean.
Say, from what I'm reading about Pope Francis, its going to be tough for you guys to hate this man..
He refused a vehicle perk, driver, house and chef for being ArchBishop of Buenos Aries. Opting instead to take the bus to work, live in a small apartment and cook his own food - which he bought by himself from the local market down the street..
If Pope Francis said he likes playing the slots at Las Vegas I am sure you would twist the story to make him sound positive.

Location hidden

#427482 Mar 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO original sin....we DO NOT INHERIT SIN from anyone...
Wrong.

Stanley says that you are wrong because you are a LIAR.

Go Figure

Location hidden

#427483 Mar 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture plainly teaches that sin is not inherited.
Every person is responsible for his own conduct.
Jesus is the only sinless one.....
Who said that sin was inherited???

Did Stanley and I say that sin was inherited???

Your brain is misfiring and you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min karl44 29,276
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min bad bob 181,922
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Memorial Day Sock 618,224
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 32 min Not religious 44,204
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 968,837
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr pusherman 3,553
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 (Apr '15) 2 hr exex 39
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 9 hr Paul is dead sinc... 3,691
More from around the web