Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603873 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#427243 Mar 13, 2013
after all who they are..
truth

Perth, Australia

#427246 Mar 13, 2013
art as overshadow hi chine
hi hi hi
are you find meaning
noooooooo
why nottttttttttttttt
truth

Perth, Australia

#427248 Mar 13, 2013
240 page
donit cu mu punu vrecu kukuruze
okorubaj oko ruba aj
235 id
id=94

58=x zgrada povise kestemja jacob

nema puno brojeva

sto si me potro ti sa kosuljom x
o yes 58 bum
neces znat zato tajne nijedne vise
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo
bumbamare

koko kosta vrica kukuruze vricavruca=hoy=cooking
cooking cppking cooking likest1-21/train=fallbrain=lup ez=conector=pillar
mummummum
klapklepklipklopklup
truth

Perth, Australia

#427249 Mar 13, 2013
justebabecuste.nagasiheshimaho shimanagaciicgaminagasimamamem ilomoje=ejomolimemam
mamemilomoje.ejomolimemam

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
for ever
truth

Perth, Australia

#427250 Mar 13, 2013
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#427251 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Brilliant post, 4GVN!
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were spiritually elected - then the one *evil spirit* must have been involved.
JESUS SAID: "you know them by their fruit
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were prayerfully elected - SOMEBODY was PRAYING to the WRONG DUDE!
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were supernaturally elected - then the supernatural entity involved HAD TO BE evil.
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were ecclesiastically elected - the ecclesiastic members must have been evil, too.
-
.... indeed the *evil popes* were were NOT and anomaly.
-
INDEED! THE EVIL POPES DID NOT DEVIATE FROM WHAT IS STANDARD IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC HIERARCHY.
-
in the Catholic church we have the protection and cover-up of pedophile priests as proof of this assertion.
How very sad.
-
-
http://bible.cc/2_corinthians/4-4.htm
2 Corinthians 4:
4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
...
...
...
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
-
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
-
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
-
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
-
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
-
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
The only "evil" here, is on this forum, is the "same old" corrupted trash comments, that come "out of the mouths" of (bigoted --"bible only" anti-catholic heretics who spread their "editorialized "relative truth" AGAINST Jesus' One True Church,--- deceiving "themselves" as they continue, in their "failed" attempts to "deceive others.
The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His ONE and ONLY biblcially and historicallY PROVEN One True Catholic Church, has "survived the "gates of hell" and LIVED ON===for over 2000 years (DESPITE) people like you,-and will continue to "LIVE ON"!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427252 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all about keeping us feeling guilty for being human.
God the father, god the son god the holy spirit......one God, 3 persons in one God. The dictionary definition of a person is a human being. I am sure most christians still don't understand the jist of 3 persons all being equal as God, but only being one God.
God father sent God (holy spirit) down to earth to impregnate Mary so she could give birth to God (Jesus). Jesus God died for our sins and returned to heaven to be with God. All three persons of God are suppose to be equal but God the father makes all the decisions for the other two persons of God that are all suppose to be equal.
Mary/Joseph were devout jews and jews don't believe in 3 persons in one God or sons of God, yet Mary/Joseph believed their baby was the son of God, yet their religion forbid them to believe that.
Confused yet?
totally confused,the only explanation to all this is there had/has to be more than one entity,other wise your talking about a god with split personalities.
truth

Perth, Australia

#427253 Mar 13, 2013
pray you will see what will be exist
pray
god will show to you..
stephen

London, UK

#427254 Mar 13, 2013
absolutely!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427255 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If Cardinal O'Malley or Cardinal Dolan becomes Pope the balance of future power will shift to the americas. Its currently a battle between european cardinals versus americas.
I believe there are 11 american voting cardinals and guranteed if one of them becomes Pope he will create even more future cardinals from North America to give them the edge in future voting power balance.
Its all political at the highest level, and everyday catholics haven't got a clue what jockeying is really going on.
These are historical times.
have to be honest here,i'm not a big fan of the R.P.C.C. as we all know,but the smart move would be to elect o'malley,problem is other cardinals know about his no nonsense approach to settling problems within the church,if elected, sweeping changes will definately take place.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427256 Mar 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says to tell him what Jesus said and he will issue an addenda.
>THE GRACE OF GOD DOES NOT COME BY/TROUGH.. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEITHER CAN THEY DECIDE WHOM IT IS THAT RECEIVES HIS GRACE AND WHO DOES NOT<
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

NEITHER ARE WE ENRICHED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...THAT TEACHES INFORMATION INSTEAD OF KNOWLEDGE
1Co 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

WE ARE NOT CONFIRMED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
1Co 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

1Co 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Co 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

NO CHURCH ...CAN KEEP US FROM FALLING....OR PRESENT US FAULTLESS TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER...IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT ...ONLY JESUS IS ABLE TO..
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427257 Mar 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
211
<quoted text>
You look really good with egg all over your face!!!! It becomes you....
I have egg on my face because I was agreeing with you?

DUH!!! Assembly.

http://www.xenos.org/classes/um1-1a.htm

"The word translated "church" in the English Bible is ekklesia. This word is the Greek words kaleo (to call), with the prefix ek (out). Thus, the word means "the called out ones." However, the English word "church" does not come from ekklesia but from the word kuriakon, which means "dedicated to the Lord." This word was commonly used to refer to a holy place or temple. By the time of Jerome's translation of the New Testament from Greek to Latin, it was customary to use a derivative of kuriakon to translate ekklesia. Therefore, the word church is a poor translation of the word ekklesia since it implies a sacred building, or temple."

Fact: How can anyone read a bible that has been so mis-translated, without knowing Latin and ancient Greek?

It seems we are both wrong and the Catholics are correct on this point.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427258 Mar 13, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>To my carnal understanding God is a All Knowing Spirit, Consious in thought and all mystery's of the universe he created as well as the spiritual matrix he established, structured and governs for his pleasure. God being rightous in all truth.
nice speech,but why no answers to my questions i raised??
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427259 Mar 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "evil" here, is on this forum, is the "same old" corrupted trash comments, that come "out of the mouths" of (bigoted --"bible only" anti-catholic heretics who spread their "editorialized "relative truth" AGAINST Jesus' One True Church,--- deceiving "themselves" as they continue, in their "failed" attempts to "deceive others.
The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His ONE and ONLY biblcially and historicallY PROVEN One True Catholic Church, has "survived the "gates of hell" and LIVED ON===for over 2000 years (DESPITE) people like you,-and will continue to "LIVE ON"!!
Yep, the gates of Hell.

It's good when you have folks like Bonito Mussolini shaping your Church's future.

The results speak for themselves.

With the tools Bonito Mussolini vested in your Church, the banking scandals and the worldwide child sex-abuse cover-up have stained the Church forever.

Today, anywhere on planet earth, whenever the topic of child sex-abuse comes up, so does the Roman Catholic Church.

Thank you St. Bonito.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427260 Mar 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
>THE GRACE OF GOD DOES NOT COME BY/TROUGH.. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEITHER CAN THEY DECIDE WHOM IT IS THAT RECEIVES HIS GRACE AND WHO DOES NOT<
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
NEITHER ARE WE ENRICHED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...THAT TEACHES INFORMATION INSTEAD OF KNOWLEDGE
1Co 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
WE ARE NOT CONFIRMED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
1Co 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
1Co 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Co 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
NO CHURCH ...CAN KEEP US FROM FALLING....OR PRESENT US FAULTLESS TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER...IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT ...ONLY JESUS IS ABLE TO..
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
~~~
NO MATTER WHAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS CLAIMS ABOUT PETER BEING
the first pope.

THEY DO NOT/CANNOT control the grace of GOD...
nor
THE GIFTS OF GOD..

WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE..more is said than done..
.
What they CLAIM CANNOT be PROVE/VALIDATE by the BIBLE...

Their own DYNASTY IN ROME ITALY ..PROVES NOTHING

BUT

THAT they are A CARNAL ...POWER HUNGRY.. EXCLUSIVE RELIGIOUS

ORGANIZATION THAT SELFISHLY CONSPIRES TO CONTROL THE GRACE OF GOD.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427261 Mar 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>totally confused,the only explanation to all this is there had/has to be more than one entity,other wise your talking about a god with split personalities.
If God and Jesus are one and the same,.... then try reading the OT, but replace the word "God" with the word "Jesus."

Jesus wipes out entire cities.

Jesus instructs that innocent women and children be slaughtered or enslaved.

Jesus demands the foreskins of dead enemies as tribute.

Jesus loves you.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427263 Mar 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
>THE GRACE OF GOD DOES NOT COME BY/TROUGH.. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEITHER CAN THEY DECIDE WHOM IT IS THAT RECEIVES HIS GRACE AND WHO DOES NOT<
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
NEITHER ARE WE ENRICHED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...THAT TEACHES INFORMATION INSTEAD OF KNOWLEDGE
1Co 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
WE ARE NOT CONFIRMED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
1Co 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
1Co 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Co 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
NO CHURCH ...CAN KEEP US FROM FALLING....OR PRESENT US FAULTLESS TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER...IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT ...ONLY JESUS IS ABLE TO..
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
In reading your rant against the Catholic Church, I find it incredibly hypocritical.
Here you are assuming more authority than anyone I have ever seem in the Catholic Church.
I don't think you know how to read the Bible, let alone interpret it for us.
You're taking letters from the Apostles and applying them against the Church that gave them to you!
Bottom line Confrint. Outside the Catholic Church (which you are) its a complete doctrinal mess that you are guilty in producing.
Christianity changes from your Pentecostal community to the next. I wish you were not such a hateful bigot filled with pride. You shouldn't have come on this forum man. I know you found out what truth is on here. You'd been better off not knowing anything about Catholicism.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427264 Mar 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
>THE GRACE OF GOD DOES NOT COME BY/TROUGH.. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEITHER CAN THEY DECIDE WHOM IT IS THAT RECEIVES HIS GRACE AND WHO DOES NOT<
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
NEITHER ARE WE ENRICHED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...THAT TEACHES INFORMATION INSTEAD OF KNOWLEDGE
1Co 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
WE ARE NOT CONFIRMED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
1Co 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
1Co 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Co 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
NO CHURCH ...CAN KEEP US FROM FALLING....OR PRESENT US FAULTLESS TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER...IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT ...ONLY JESUS IS ABLE TO..
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
[NO CHURCH CALLS US INTO FELLOWSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST...JESUS DOES..
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
NO CHURCH ...CAN KEEP US FROM FALLING....OR PRESENT US FAULTLESS TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER...IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT ...ONLY JESUS IS ABLE TO..
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.]

GREAT POST CONFRINTING, AMEN AMEN. THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427265 Mar 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR.
You are fulla schidt to the eyeballs.
There are 1.3 billion Roman Catholics 'living' that believe in Him never mind the countles 'billions' that have come and died in His Faith over the past 2000 years.
In addition, there is another 3.6 billion Christians of other denominations.
By the way, the large crowds were NOT made aware in the late hours of the night by the Jewish heirarchy who wanted to try Jesus with as much secrecy as possible. Those on hand were paid to show their displeasure with Him.
....just like you...if the government shouts out 'free handouts'...you are one of the first to rush to it.
Meanwhile, Stanley says that you are in for a Real big surprise when you see whose sitting next to you on your assigned seat on your assigned BLACK Bus.
Go Figure.
Curly, Larry & Moe says,.......By the way, the large crowds were NOT made aware in the late hours of the night by the Jewish heirarchy who wanted to try Jesus with as much secrecy as possible. Those on hand were paid to show their displeasure with Him.

Michael says......according to scriptures this was a public spectacle. According to scriptures the 12 apostles (who were suppose to have Jesus's back) ran off locked themselves in a room hiding in fear. Three days later they are out and about preaching to the very men they ran from in the first place. HUH!

If someone brought me back from the dead, or restored my eyesight or fed me, I would be there supporting this guy, but thats not how the writers needed the story to go. They needed Jesus to die to fulfill the agenda of dying for mankind.

How would christianity have ever started if the small crowd who had a 50-50 choice had chosen Barabas instead?

Christianity was started on the flip of a coin......heads or tails, 50-50. Jesus or Barabas.

Unbelievable!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427266 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If God and Jesus are one and the same,.... then try reading the OT, but replace the word "God" with the word "Jesus."
Jesus wipes out entire cities.
Jesus instructs that innocent women and children be slaughtered or enslaved.
Jesus demands the foreskins of dead enemies as tribute.
Jesus loves you.
God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit. 3 equal persons in one God, but God the father makes all the decisions for the other two..........but they are all equal!... right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min Critical Eye 4,226
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min NoStress4me 882,097
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 8,470
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min bad bob 177,913
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 55 min WasteWater 71
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 6,422
Habesha 3 hr Insta names 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr The swamiji 7,718
More from around the web