Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687222 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#427451 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My words "Since you are intent on showing the Word of God as fallible"...does not mean I am saying the Word of God is fallible..you are...I am only giving you ammo to further your cause..
Here is a other...all Catholics say that the Bible says Christ was a sinner...they quote: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..
The catholic church has done huge crimes in the last 1500 years! The catholic organisation is still criminal!
Henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#427452 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus said "When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil" He was not praying.
He gave Christians a model by which to pray. Each verse presents a principle part or ingredient of how we should pray.
The best part is to forget the whole religions at all!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#427453 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the source of the truth that the church possesses????
All the church possess are lies nothing else!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#427454 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have told you before, I am not going to play your "bible only Protestant "question and answer games"! You know what these terms mean as well as I do! The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, the TRUTH of Jesus Christs (own spoken words) regarding His One True (Universal) Church, the TRUTH of Acts 2 regarding a heirarchical authoritative Church with bishops, priests,deacons and elders ---AND FINALLY--- Paul words in I Tim 3:15 regarding the Church (not the bible alone) is the TRUTH----"it is all PRINTED, VERIFIED, PROVEN AND AUTHORITATIVE TRUTH, that has been there for over 1500 years and is "starring you in face"! Deal with it!!!!
The catholic church is finished. There are too many crimes in this organisation!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#427455 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The church has committed too many crimes in order to survive!
Henry

Heilbad Heiligenstadt, Germany

#427456 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The church has stolen from older religions many ideologies. Almost everything is overcome from other religions! So the catholic church is not only a false and criminal organisation, it is a lying religion too.
Henry

#427457 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
CNN:
The problem here is that in the United States many of the troops are not following the generals. For example, 90% of Catholics are using contraception and 82% think it is morally permissible. Moreover, many American Catholics are more devoted to liberal and conservative political positions than the teachings of the church.
This poses a serious problem. The church has conservative positions on human sexuality, bioethics, etc., but liberal positions on issues such as economic regulation, the death penalty and immigration. A church divided against itself seems unlikely to renew our political or cultural structures.
The catholic church is finished!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#427458 Mar 14, 2013
I feel without religion there would be no war, sorry but it causes nothing but trouble
Henry

#427459 Mar 14, 2013
truth wrote:
i agree with you
god don't liked everyone
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
only lipezeeeeee lupezeee
and lubezeeee
Its free will from real Creator
have rights on life,
maybe all of us don't have rights for that.
Of course there were never such a thing like a creator at all. Such a thing never existed. Science is the only true materie in our world!
Henry

#427460 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
CNN:
The problem here is that in the United States many of the troops are not following the generals. For example, 90% of Catholics are using contraception and 82% think it is morally permissible. Moreover, many American Catholics are more devoted to liberal and conservative political positions than the teachings of the church.
This poses a serious problem. The church has conservative positions on human sexuality, bioethics, etc., but liberal positions on issues such as economic regulation, the death penalty and immigration. A church divided against itself seems unlikely to renew our political or cultural structures.

Well the church in the nuclear age is on a falling position!
Henry

#427461 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church like any other religion is built on lies nothing else!
Henry

#427462 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also told His Apostles: "To you I give the keys to the kingdom of heaven! Whatever you shall "bind on earth shall be bound in heaven" and whatever you shall "loost on earth, shall be loost in heaven." (It's called confession-reconciliation-abso lution)!!!!! Yes--I/we as Catholics ALL trust Jesus!! We trust --HIM----and HIS OWN SPOKEN WORDS--in the Gospel, that have been interpreted to be the TRUTH for over 2000 years!!
In I Tim 3:15, Paul calls "the Church (not the bible alone) to be the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
The church is built on crimes and lies!
truth

Perth, Australia

#427463 Mar 14, 2013
no don't say like that..
if not something exist what sustain our life before
we are also not exist today..
by my lovely Henry

N/R
Clay

Garden City, MI

#427464 Mar 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God.
His mother a sinner was born of earhly flesh , so Jesus knew our sin personally(for us),so He could Save us from sin.
Mary is not the mother of God and not to be prayed to.
Do you realize if you are wrong, and you're saying things like that about the Mother of Jesus Christ, that you'll have to explain this she to Him some day?

Basically you're going 'all in' with something that you claim, should be spelled out in the 27 Books of the New Testament. This man- made theology about Christianity is new and strange. There is no basis for it.
You're another person I wish never came on here to get involved with debating the Catholic faith. You're a sweet lady and you mean well.
But Marge, the game changes for people like you, once you receive actual truth about Christianity and where your particular sect came from, and the deception you been fed; and the deception you guys preach about the Catholic Church.

You'd been better off reading your Bible and praying before bed. Because now, when you publicly declare things about Our Lords Mother, with no basis at all, you're sinning. You simply can't use the Bible like you're doing! Its wrong and unbiblical in itself.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#427465 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize if you are wrong, and you're saying things like that about the Mother of Jesus Christ, that you'll have to explain this she to Him some day?
Basically you're going 'all in' with something that you claim, should be spelled out in the 27 Books of the New Testament. This man- made theology about Christianity is new and strange. There is no basis for it.
You're another person I wish never came on here to get involved with debating the Catholic faith. You're a sweet lady and you mean well.
But Marge, the game changes for people like you, once you receive actual truth about Christianity and where your particular sect came from, and the deception you been fed; and the deception you guys preach about the Catholic Church.
You'd been better off reading your Bible and praying before bed. Because now, when you publicly declare things about Our Lords Mother, with no basis at all, you're sinning. You simply can't use the Bible like you're doing! Its wrong and unbiblical in itself.
Stanley says that you do so have a point.

Members of the Faithfull of the Holy Roman Catholic Church have been taught and doso believe that Mary, the Mother of Jesus was born 'without Original sin'.

Mother Mary was perfect and pure in every way. That's why GOD the Father chose her to be the Mother of HIS Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is One in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit....the Trinity...the basis of ALL belief within the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Both Stanley and I fear GOD, and accept Jesus Christ as Our Lord and Master forever and ever.

Go Figure,

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#427466 Mar 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church like any other religion is built on lies nothing else!
Stanley says to let you know that sometime in the not-to-distant future...(when you consider the age of our Pale Blue Dot to be 3.86 billion years old)....you will be informed of your confirmation of your seat on your assigned BLACK Bus to take your one-way trip to your ultimate party.

Your BLACK Bus driver is already assigned along with his 4 minders.

Keep it up and you might even get a window seat. That would really be interesting for you, never mind who is sitting in the next seat to you.

Stanley and I will be on hand at the BLACK Bus statation to see that you are 'taken' on board. Your mommy will be of NO help.

Go Figure.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#427467 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that you do so have a point.
Members of the Faithfull of the Holy Roman Catholic Church have been taught and doso believe that Mary, the Mother of Jesus was born 'without Original sin'.
Mother Mary was perfect and pure in every way. That's why GOD the Father chose her to be the Mother of HIS Son, Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is One in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit....the Trinity...the basis of ALL belief within the Holy Roman Catholic Church.
Both Stanley and I fear GOD, and accept Jesus Christ as Our Lord and Master forever and ever.
Go Figure,
There is NO original sin....we DO NOT INHERIT SIN from anyone...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#427468 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
Go Figure,
Scripture plainly teaches that sin is not inherited.

Every person is responsible for his own conduct.

Jesus is the only sinless one.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#427469 Mar 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
Go Figure,
Ezekiel 18:20

20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Romans 14:12

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#427470 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's name is on it? If you are Christ's church why doesn't your name suggest it?
Rom. 16:16b - All the churches of Christ send greetings.
The evidence the church of Christ existed before the 19th century is, as Rom. 16:16b suggests, it is the church you read about in your NT. You will find no difference in our worship, our baptism, or our church government than that taught to the first century church. Unless you can prove that statement wrong, I suggest you got some esplanin' to do about the church of Catholics.
Christ's church was first. False teaching, as we were told it would, crept in and took the church of Catholics on a de-railed mission of men.
Our name does suggest it! Universal.

"To all the Churches of Christ"

Corinth, Rome, Jerusalem, Antioch, Ephesus, Galatia, Syria, Colossae, and many more.

The Apostles set up the the Catholic (Universal) Church.
One of the Disciples of the Apostles, Ignatius of Antioch, was the first person recorded using the title, but most likely not the first person to use it.

Did the Apostle John tell Ignatius to believe this:

"wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, Thus will be safe and valid"

The name "Roman Catholic Church" is an invention by Protestant England in the 17th century, because they considered their new Angelican church to also be Catholic, and wanted to appear equal to the real Church, by giving the followers of the Bishop of Rome a title. Unfortunately, the name stuck, and the Holy Catholic Church uses it on occasion these days too, for reasons I do not know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 987,307
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min Lawrence Wolf 30,854
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min RADEKT 286,542
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 2 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Classic 4,313
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 4 hr Sandy 40
More from around the web