Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
411,661 - 411,680 of 533,465 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so your telling me that that i'm vomitting trash? so what's written in the bible is trash? my points i made came directly from the bible,so you are agreeing with me that the bible is what i said it is,over embelished man created stories to make us believe a god exists?? if you don't read all the posts,and give me an answer,instead of being rude.
Go hiss some place else....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So move to Iran.
that is why they are moving to america. Muslim temples are going up faster than McDonalds in america.

Take one step off american/canadian soil and you are going backwards in time.

off topic:

Look at Milan Italy. Stinky, Water logged, Moldy old buildings. You wake up in the morning, have a piss outside your bedroom window, into the putrid water all around you as tourists snap your picture sailing by on a gondola bumping their heads on low bridges. NO thanks!

I just got back from Phoenix. No Milan Italy for me. No Iran either.

We might put up with a few bullits wizzing by, or a few fresh water floods, but not too many car bombs or hand grenades going off everyday, and no cities in the middle of a liquid dump.

Love the ones your with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right--the Pope "can never"go against scripture!!--- Try reading and interpreting the TRUTH of what the bible (in its entirety) is saying, regarding its TRUE MEANING,: then read the Catholic Catechism which will "open your eyes" to (even more TRUTH) that the Pope, the teachings of the Catholic Church, and the historical "traditions" of over 2000 years---ARE "IN FACT"---ALL BIBLICALLY GROUNDED.-----The Problem, has is and will continue to be in your Protestant "bible only - editorializing (self interpretation) of the Sacred Scripture, that (has never, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING --among your 42,000 contradicting (man-made) denominations, except "attacking" the TRUTH of the bible and Jesus Christ, which is manifested (in and through His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Horse puckett...

He teaches to pray to Mary...that is against Scripture..
He teaches to confess to a man....that is against Scripture..
He teaches that Mary was sinless..that is against Scripture..
He teaches to pray to dead "Saints"...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary's is a mediator...that is against Scripture...
He teaches Mary is a virgin evermore...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary is the mother of God...that is against Scripture..

I have many more....
HENRY WALLING

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Did Christ not say that He was THE WAY, not ways, THE TRUTH, not truths, THE SALVATION, not salvations. Did HE not also say ONE FAITH, not faiths, ONE SALVATION, not salvations, ONE BAPTISM, not baptisms. Did HE not say that THERE SHALL BE ONE FOLD and ONE SHEPHERD, not folds and many shepherds.HE also said that many would come in HIs name and they were not to be believed or followed. It is said that if even if an angel were to come in HIs name they were not to believed, listened to or followed, this by St. Paul. If anyone dares to educate themselves a bit they will find out that before Martin Luther, who was a Catholic priest and practiced and taught the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, till he illuminated by a spirit and decided to teach things different than was taught for 1,500 years then. It could not be the same SPIRIT sent by GOD on Pentecost.The true Holy Spirit is not a deceiver,the deceiver is the spirit of Satan and those who follow him.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But they're running out of ex-NAZI Youth, so just maybe!
(lol)

Imagine Chinese Cardinal Zen and Vietnamese Cardinal Phem Minh Man sitting in the conclave after the first ballot, when they read out the 115 votes and 113 cardinals stare at these two guys when they get ZERO votes.

Its like coming last in a race. Its like finishing a baseball season 0-156. I feel sorry for these two guys.

Imagine when they get home and the excited catholics in their diocese ask them "how many votes did you get!!!"?... None!, Zero! NADA!...Not even one? Nope!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and the sinless one that presented Grace... The author and finisher of our faith...has no one that is comparable to His position.
The heavenly Father personally gave account of His Only begotten Son on two occasions...
Old Testament prophecy
Psa_2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,
--> Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
___
Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
--> in a parable Jesus referenced Himself as God's beloved Son
Luk_20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.
Also at Jacob's well..Jesus claimed the position of Messiah
Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that--> Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he/Messiah.
That any one would attempt to place a corruptible human as His representative on earth,(pope or whatever) is ludicrousness...
He can only only represented to Man by the Holy Ghost...the third person in the GOD-HEAD.
No other entity qualifies.
___
He's my friend and He is my brther, even though He is my King
I love Him more than any other ...More than any thing
He alone is my strength, my shield ..Unto Him doth my Spirit yield
He alone is my hearts desire, an I long to worship Him.
~~~

Jesus said of the Father

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I refuse to allow my spirit to worship any other entity or to give...

Obedience
OBE'DIENCE, n.[L. obedientia. See Obey.]

Compliance with a command, prohibition or known law and rule of duty prescribed;

the performance of what is required or enjoined by authority, or

the abstaining from what is prohibited, in compliance with the command or prohibition.

To constitute obedience,

the act or forbearance to act must be in submission to authority;

the command must be known to the person, and his compliance must be in

consequence of it,

or it is not obedience.

Obedience is not synonymous with obsequiousness; the latter often

implying meanness or servility, and

obedience being merely a proper submission to authority.

That which duty requires implies dignity of conduct rather than servility.

Obedience may be voluntary or involuntary.

Voluntary obedience alone can be acceptable to God.

---
OBEDIENCE TO ANY OTHER ENTITY IS SPIRITUAL ADULTERY...

~~~

THE BED ROCK/BASIS, OF My obedience comes from my LOVE FOR GOD...

NO OTHER DESERVES MY SOUL'S ADORATION

yield Obediential
OBEDIEN'TIAL, a. According to the rule of obedience; in compliance with commands; as obediential submission.

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so your telling me like oxbow did,you can not give me an answer,which i expected.
To my carnal understanding God is a All Knowing Spirit, Consious in thought and all mystery's of the universe he created as well as the spiritual matrix he established, structured and governs for his pleasure. God being rightous in all truth.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh hojo, you have never read Scripture, because there are many examples of Popes going against.
An obvious one is contained in John -- baptism REQUIRED for salvation. That was re-affirmed by Papal Bull.
Maybe you are thinking of the Slovenian Orthodox Church or something.
Or, you could be in denial.
I've read and studied more scripture in my 35 years as a Protestant, in confirmation classes, Protestant High School, bible school, bible college and pre-theology seminary than "you will ever" read in a lifetime!.AND was that reason --why I came to the One TRUE FAITH and SALVATION of Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (and only one) "historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.... Unfortunately, for you Free Mind, you and your "bible only buffoon (Catholic Bashers) choose to live in your (own oersonal) "distorted and heretical world" of condemnation and judgement of ANY and ALL Christians,(especially Catholics) who (KNOW THE TRUE) and refuse to "buy into" your "sola scriptura" --"relative truth" (what each person decides is truth) 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations. God "NEVER HAS nor EVER WILL BE" the author of your bible only Protestant (personal opinion) confusion chaos and inconsistent beliefs!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

The Bible teaches we have one mediator between us and God...which is Jesus Christ..

The Catholics say God got it wrong...again...they say there are two mediators!!!

Pope Leo XIII:“The recourse we have to Mary in prayer follows upon the office she continuously fills by the side of the throne of God as Mediatrix of Divine grace; being by worthiness and by merit most acceptable to Him, and, therefore, surpassing in power all the angels and saints in Heaven.

Now, this merciful office of hers, perhaps, appears in no other form of prayer so manifestly as it does in the Rosary. For in the Rosary all the part that Mary took as our co-Redemptress comes to us, as it were, set forth, and in such wise as though the facts were even then taking place; and this with much profit to our piety, whether in the contemplation of the succeeding sacred mysteries, or in the prayers which we speak and repeat with the lips.”(Iucunda Semper Expectatione, n. 2)

mediatrix - a woman who is a mediator
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

My mistake Venice Italy.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

New Age writes:
You wrote - "When you blatantly ignore Jesus' words that WERE RECORDED,"
Sounding sort of hypocritical, aren't you?
If you take what is recorded only in the Bible, then YOU are blatantly ignoring non-canonical written texts (recorded).

Do you use only the NT to come to this decision of yours?
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You can follow all the non-canonical written texts you want. Have at it, there are plenty to choose from:
-
The Qur'an
The Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants
The Kitab-i-Iqan
The Zend-Avesta
The Rigveda
.. there are many more and probably all inclusive with the "New Age" people.
but me? hypocritical? I don't think so. I WON'T follow the pope, I follow Christ instead - and that is NOT hypocritical.
-
What Catholics don't understand is this: If you want to call yourself a Christian, you gotta do what Christ said to do. nothing more. You don't get to make it up as you go along. Which is what he Catholic church does, while accusing everyone else of doing that very thing.
The world of Christianity is so confused BECAUSE of the Catholic church, and trying to extract themselves from the RC church has led to the confusion. There are MANY traditions of men that people have a difficult time giving up ... but I think the further away one gets from the Catholic church ... the closer to Christianity you become - starting with, "Call no man father."
-
AGAIN!... right out of the starting gate -
they
disobey
Christ.
By going AGAINST the direct words of Christ, they show that they are not FOLLOWERS of Christ.
-
Stop signs say *STOP* for a reason. It is a DIRECT COMMAND. IF you read the sign and PROCEED anyway, you could lose your life and cause the death of others in an accident.
-
Likewise, Jesus said, "Call no man your father." FOR A REASON. It is a DIRECT COMMAND - if you ignore his words and do it anyway.... you could lose your life.
My post to you had nothing to do with the Pope, but you seemed to make it so. Strike one.

THis is the question I asked, that you didn't answer. This is a second chance for you...

"Do you use only the NT to come to this decision of yours?"

Thanks!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN!... right out of the starting gate -
they
disobey
Christ.
By going AGAINST the direct words of Christ, they show that they are not FOLLOWERS of Christ.
-
...and yet you do also when you don't utilize the non-canonical texts.

If you need me to spell it out for you - I will.

You admonish others for not following Jesus, but you don't as well, when it comes to the non-canonical teachings by Jesus.

So yes, you are a hypocrite. This above statement says it all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Mary is as much a virgin evermore as is the Pink Rabbit!!!!

The angel of the Lord told Joseph to take Mary as his wife....

Quote:
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Scripture leaves no doubt that Joseph took Mary unto his wife...

Quote: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

But....the Catholics insist that God got it wrong...again!!!! That Mary is still a virgin ...even though she had several children after she gave birth to Christ!!!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and the sinless one that presented Grace... The author and finisher of our faith...has no one that is comparable to His position.
The heavenly Father personally gave account of His Only begotten Son on two occasions...
Old Testament prophecy
Psa_2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,
--> Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
___
Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
--> in a parable Jesus referenced Himself as God's beloved Son
Luk_20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.
Also at Jacob's well..Jesus claimed the position of Messiah
Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that--> Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he/Messiah.
That any one would attempt to place a corruptible human as His representative on earth,(pope or whatever) is ludicrousness...
He can only only represented to Man by the Holy Ghost...the third person in the GOD-HEAD.
No other entity qualifies.
___
He's my friend and He is my brther, even though He is my King
I love Him more than any other ...More than any thing
He alone is my strength, my shield ..Unto Him doth my Spirit yield
He alone is my hearts desire, an I long to worship Him.
Scripture and religion terminology and translations.

..... Jewish clerics often disagree with catholic clerics regarding the meanings of some of the scriptures, just as catholics disagree with protestants over the same issue of what they believe.

Can any one group claim with certainty, they are right?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.......then read the Catholic Catechism which will "open your eyes" to (even more TRUTH) that the Pope, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Michael says......So why then do MOST roman catholics today not follow much of what is in the catechism or church teachings?
1) Millions of roman catholics are divorced, many living with new partners or remarried. The church says you cannot dissolve a sacrament, and being divorced with a live in partner is adultery.
2) MOST Roman catholics practice forms of birth control the church says is sinful. Yet the church screams about abortions because too many unwanted babies are born.
3) Every year more Roman Catholics claim that celebacy should be optional including thousands of clergy themselves. The church screams NO!
4) Groups of catholic women around the world today want to be equal to men in the church and be allowed to become clergy. The church screams never!
4) More roman catholic women per 1,000 in america have abortions than protestant women. Why?
4) According to the Roman Catholic Bishops conference in 2009 less than 1 in 4 Roman catholics in the USA attends mandatory sunday mass weekly. In western europe the numbers are much lower than that.
How many rule following catholics does that leave out of 1.168 Billion? Maybe 800,000.
Its very clear that today the catholic church is in chaos. Its obvious most catholics do not take the church seriously or they would follow all the rules they were indoctrinated into from childhood.
Roman catholicism is the secular arm of the Orthodox church, which followers more closely adhere to the rules/regulations.
You figure it out the (How, why, when) answers Micheal!---because YOU ARE THE ONE that keeps "digging up" all of these "exaggerated, disproportionate, overstated and mis-represented "phoney and fraudulent statistics!!!!----We, as Catholics, have all had to "put up" with the counterfeit, distorted and perverted quotes of yours such as Cardinals in Rome saying "elect me, elect me"-----or telling us that there are "liberal Cardinals in the U.S.--are just some of the typical BS (unending) comments that "comes out of your (motor-mouth)". Until you come to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, his Salvation and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH that Our Lord gave us in His One True Catholic Church, your life will continue to just like the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 defiant, rebellious and full of antagonistic and heretical hate toward Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read and studied more scripture in my 35 years as a Protestant, in confirmation classes, Protestant High School, bible school, bible college and pre-theology seminary than "you will ever" read in a lifetime!.AND was that reason --why I came to the One TRUE FAITH and SALVATION of Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (and only one) "historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.... Unfortunately, for you Free Mind, you and your "bible only buffoon (Catholic Bashers) choose to live in your (own oersonal) "distorted and heretical world" of condemnation and judgement of ANY and ALL Christians,(especially Catholics) who (KNOW THE TRUE) and refuse to "buy into" your "sola scriptura" --"relative truth" (what each person decides is truth) 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations. God "NEVER HAS nor EVER WILL BE" the author of your bible only Protestant (personal opinion) confusion chaos and inconsistent beliefs!!!
You can read and study the Bible 35 more years, or until you are blue in the face...unless a change occurs in your spiritual life, you ain't never gonna git it!!!! The Bible tells you why...

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
Mary is as much a virgin evermore as is the Pink Rabbit!!!!
The angel of the Lord told Joseph to take Mary as his wife....
Quote:
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Scripture leaves no doubt that Joseph took Mary unto his wife...
Quote: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
But....the Catholics insist that God got it wrong...again!!!! That Mary is still a virgin ...even though she had several children after she gave birth to Christ!!!!!
and how do you know what goes on in someones dreams is true?

..... Back in the day, people took orders from talking snakes and talking donkeys, heard voices and had demons in their heads, or saw ghost images. Aren't you glad we have medications for those afflicted today?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>

Its all political at the highest level, and everyday catholics haven't got a clue what jockeying is really going on.
These are historical times.
There is NOTHING political about it!!!!It is ALL SPIRITUALLY, PRAYFULLY, SUPERNATURALLY AND ECCLESIASTICALLY "discerning" ORIENTED!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckett...
He teaches to pray to Mary...that is against Scripture..
He teaches to confess to a man....that is against Scripture..
He teaches that Mary was sinless..that is against Scripture..
He teaches to pray to dead "Saints"...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary's is a mediator...that is against Scripture...
He teaches Mary is a virgin evermore...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary is the mother of God...that is against Scripture..
I have many more....
~~~

THE WHOLE NINE YARDS IS A FACADE..

The ATTEMPT OF usurpation of the DYNASTY OF DAVID AND THE ESTABLISHING A PHYSICAL KINGDOM IN ROME...IS AGAINST GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION..

There is no foundation laid for such a earthly kingdom in the Old or New Testament

GOD'S CHURCH IS SPIRITUAL ....IN THE HEARTS OF MEN ...(AND WILL BE)

UNTIL CHRIST RETURNS IN THE MILLENNIUM AND ESTABLISHES HIS THRONE IN

JERUSALEM.

Jesus words

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered,

My kingdom is not of this world:

if my kingdom were of this world,

then would my servants fight,

that I should not be delivered to the Jews:

but now is my kingdom not from hence.

So the earthly kingdom that the Roman Catholics are
even now attempting to elect a Prince is of no Spiritual value
to true Christianity.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I will present it to you yet again, The Word of God. So what will you place your faith in as the final autority?
The (TRUE INTERPRETATION of the "Word of God" that is proclaimed in and though Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church.---confirmed by Paul in I Tim 3:15 when he calls "The CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

591 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Catcher1 224,569
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessarily so 722,024
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Dr_Zorderz 256,932
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min An NFL Fan 115,590
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 22 min bottom1980 424
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 34 min andet1987 5,269
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 44 min yon 1,592
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr reree 86
•••