Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,611
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427113 Mar 12, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 'church teachings' are not only man-made, but traditionally FALSE.
NOWHERE does the Bible say to pray to Mary and to lifeless, useless statuary.
Nowhere does it mention silly indulgences, or purgatory, to say nothing of a pope, elected or otherwise.
Catholics don't "worship" Mary. It's just lots and lots of "devotion."

Only Catholics can tell the difference, and besides -- lots of devotion to Mary can save your soul (see 2nd Secret of Fatima).

In short, the Vatican stepped over the line and now they have a problem. Unless the RCC has committed fraud -- Mary clearly states that devotion to her sacred heart saves souls.

It's difficult being "perfect." Over time, being perfect requires many, many lies.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427114 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Guranteed!!
....Catholic Cardinal Pham Minh Man from vietnam, and Cardinal Zen from china will have as much chance at getting any votes or becoming Pope then a woman sneaking into the conclave and becoming the 116th voting cardinal. These two Cardinals might as well go home, or they could be the determining factor for the two votes they cast.
Imagine being these two cardinals and not one of the other Cardinals gives you even one vote? How embarassing!
Its all political.
But they're running out of ex-NAZI Youth, so just maybe!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427115 Mar 12, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
you see an increase with compatio, must have you head in the sand, i see less compation, increasing crime and increasing hatred in that crime, maybe you are on a different planet, this government itself is the worst of conveivable ideas
Doesn't matter who is in power. George W. Bush put us into the deep debt americans are currently in.

Our prisons are full, mostly because of the appetite by americans for the prolific illegal/legal drug use and the use of guns to commit the crimes that go along with the drugs.

I see the crime just like everyone else. I stay out of bad neighborhoods and I don't associate with people of bad behavior.

80 years ago illegal rum/moonshine running was the drug culture back then.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427116 Mar 12, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
you see an increase with compatio, must have you head in the sand, i see less compation, increasing crime and increasing hatred in that crime, maybe you are on a different planet, this government itself is the worst of conveivable ideas
So move to Iran.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427117 Mar 12, 2013
Its obvious that by far most roman catholics are so because of family/tradition "born catholic"

http://old.usccb.org/comm/catholic-church-sta...

Its obvious most catholics who fall away from the church are those that were indoctrinated from childhood, not those that found the faith as adults.

Isn't it time the catholic church took a close look at infant baptisms and determine that "BRANDING" someone a catholic from birth makes no common sense. Making adult educated personal decisions of what religion to join is a much better way, and makes the follower a stronger believer than being created a catholic by your parents to become what they want......you to become just like them.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#427118 Mar 12, 2013
Cathy the Catholic says:

if you're sexually confused and are thinking suicide, please consider being a priest or nun as an alternative!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427119 Mar 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right--the Pope "can never"go against scripture!!--- Try reading and interpreting the TRUTH of what the bible (in its entirety) is saying, regarding its TRUE MEANING,: then read the Catholic Catechism which will "open your eyes" to (even more TRUTH) that the Pope, the teachings of the Catholic Church, and the historical "traditions" of over 2000 years---ARE "IN FACT"---ALL BIBLICALLY GROUNDED.-----The Problem, has is and will continue to be in your Protestant "bible only - editorializing (self interpretation) of the Sacred Scripture, that (has never, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING --among your 42,000 contradicting (man-made) denominations, except "attacking" the TRUTH of the bible and Jesus Christ, which is manifested (in and through His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Gosh hojo, you have never read Scripture, because there are many examples of Popes going against.

An obvious one is contained in John -- baptism REQUIRED for salvation. That was re-affirmed by Papal Bull.

Maybe you are thinking of the Slovenian Orthodox Church or something.

Or, you could be in denial.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#427120 Mar 12, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right, "confrinting!"
Where did it EVER say that ANY human who had died had ANYTHING to do with what was happening on earth after their death?
If those in Heaven DID have any concern with what was happening on earth, them surely the NT would have revealed this, with, say, the most important of the OT persons, such as Moses (representing the Law) and Elijah (representing the Prophets).
Their absence speaks volumes in support of your position!
Yes and the sinless one that presented Grace... The author and finisher of our faith...has no one that is comparable to His position.

The heavenly Father personally gave account of His Only begotten Son on two occasions...

Old Testament prophecy

Psa_2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,

--> Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

___

Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

--> in a parable Jesus referenced Himself as God's beloved Son

Luk_20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

Also at Jacob's well..Jesus claimed the position of Messiah

Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that--> Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he/Messiah.

That any one would attempt to place a corruptible human as His representative on earth,(pope or whatever) is ludicrousness...

He can only only represented to Man by the Holy Ghost...the third person in the GOD-HEAD.

No other entity qualifies.
___

He's my friend and He is my brther, even though He is my King

I love Him more than any other ...More than any thing

He alone is my strength, my shield ..Unto Him doth my Spirit yield

He alone is my hearts desire, an I long to worship Him.

Location hidden

#427121 Mar 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
going against scripture is bad enough.
-
but going against the VERY WORDS OF CHRIST and being called Father is totally mind boggling.
How bout "Vicar of Christ"??????

Location hidden

#427122 Mar 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so your telling me that that i'm vomitting trash? so what's written in the bible is trash? my points i made came directly from the bible,so you are agreeing with me that the bible is what i said it is,over embelished man created stories to make us believe a god exists?? if you don't read all the posts,and give me an answer,instead of being rude.
Go hiss some place else....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427123 Mar 12, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So move to Iran.
that is why they are moving to america. Muslim temples are going up faster than McDonalds in america.

Take one step off american/canadian soil and you are going backwards in time.

off topic:

Look at Milan Italy. Stinky, Water logged, Moldy old buildings. You wake up in the morning, have a piss outside your bedroom window, into the putrid water all around you as tourists snap your picture sailing by on a gondola bumping their heads on low bridges. NO thanks!

I just got back from Phoenix. No Milan Italy for me. No Iran either.

We might put up with a few bullits wizzing by, or a few fresh water floods, but not too many car bombs or hand grenades going off everyday, and no cities in the middle of a liquid dump.

Love the ones your with.

Location hidden

#427124 Mar 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right--the Pope "can never"go against scripture!!--- Try reading and interpreting the TRUTH of what the bible (in its entirety) is saying, regarding its TRUE MEANING,: then read the Catholic Catechism which will "open your eyes" to (even more TRUTH) that the Pope, the teachings of the Catholic Church, and the historical "traditions" of over 2000 years---ARE "IN FACT"---ALL BIBLICALLY GROUNDED.-----The Problem, has is and will continue to be in your Protestant "bible only - editorializing (self interpretation) of the Sacred Scripture, that (has never, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING --among your 42,000 contradicting (man-made) denominations, except "attacking" the TRUTH of the bible and Jesus Christ, which is manifested (in and through His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Horse puckett...

He teaches to pray to Mary...that is against Scripture..
He teaches to confess to a man....that is against Scripture..
He teaches that Mary was sinless..that is against Scripture..
He teaches to pray to dead "Saints"...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary's is a mediator...that is against Scripture...
He teaches Mary is a virgin evermore...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary is the mother of God...that is against Scripture..

I have many more....
HENRY WALLING

Miami, FL

#427125 Mar 12, 2013
Did Christ not say that He was THE WAY, not ways, THE TRUTH, not truths, THE SALVATION, not salvations. Did HE not also say ONE FAITH, not faiths, ONE SALVATION, not salvations, ONE BAPTISM, not baptisms. Did HE not say that THERE SHALL BE ONE FOLD and ONE SHEPHERD, not folds and many shepherds.HE also said that many would come in HIs name and they were not to be believed or followed. It is said that if even if an angel were to come in HIs name they were not to believed, listened to or followed, this by St. Paul. If anyone dares to educate themselves a bit they will find out that before Martin Luther, who was a Catholic priest and practiced and taught the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, till he illuminated by a spirit and decided to teach things different than was taught for 1,500 years then. It could not be the same SPIRIT sent by GOD on Pentecost.The true Holy Spirit is not a deceiver,the deceiver is the spirit of Satan and those who follow him.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427126 Mar 12, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But they're running out of ex-NAZI Youth, so just maybe!
(lol)

Imagine Chinese Cardinal Zen and Vietnamese Cardinal Phem Minh Man sitting in the conclave after the first ballot, when they read out the 115 votes and 113 cardinals stare at these two guys when they get ZERO votes.

Its like coming last in a race. Its like finishing a baseball season 0-156. I feel sorry for these two guys.

Imagine when they get home and the excited catholics in their diocese ask them "how many votes did you get!!!"?... None!, Zero! NADA!...Not even one? Nope!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#427127 Mar 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and the sinless one that presented Grace... The author and finisher of our faith...has no one that is comparable to His position.
The heavenly Father personally gave account of His Only begotten Son on two occasions...
Old Testament prophecy
Psa_2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,
--> Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
___
Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
--> in a parable Jesus referenced Himself as God's beloved Son
Luk_20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.
Also at Jacob's well..Jesus claimed the position of Messiah
Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that--> Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he/Messiah.
That any one would attempt to place a corruptible human as His representative on earth,(pope or whatever) is ludicrousness...
He can only only represented to Man by the Holy Ghost...the third person in the GOD-HEAD.
No other entity qualifies.
___
He's my friend and He is my brther, even though He is my King
I love Him more than any other ...More than any thing
He alone is my strength, my shield ..Unto Him doth my Spirit yield
He alone is my hearts desire, an I long to worship Him.
~~~

Jesus said of the Father

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I refuse to allow my spirit to worship any other entity or to give...

Obedience
OBE'DIENCE, n.[L. obedientia. See Obey.]

Compliance with a command, prohibition or known law and rule of duty prescribed;

the performance of what is required or enjoined by authority, or

the abstaining from what is prohibited, in compliance with the command or prohibition.

To constitute obedience,

the act or forbearance to act must be in submission to authority;

the command must be known to the person, and his compliance must be in

consequence of it,

or it is not obedience.

Obedience is not synonymous with obsequiousness; the latter often

implying meanness or servility, and

obedience being merely a proper submission to authority.

That which duty requires implies dignity of conduct rather than servility.

Obedience may be voluntary or involuntary.

Voluntary obedience alone can be acceptable to God.

---
OBEDIENCE TO ANY OTHER ENTITY IS SPIRITUAL ADULTERY...

~~~

THE BED ROCK/BASIS, OF My obedience comes from my LOVE FOR GOD...

NO OTHER DESERVES MY SOUL'S ADORATION

yield Obediential
OBEDIEN'TIAL, a. According to the rule of obedience; in compliance with commands; as obediential submission.

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#427128 Mar 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so your telling me like oxbow did,you can not give me an answer,which i expected.
To my carnal understanding God is a All Knowing Spirit, Consious in thought and all mystery's of the universe he created as well as the spiritual matrix he established, structured and governs for his pleasure. God being rightous in all truth.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#427129 Mar 12, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh hojo, you have never read Scripture, because there are many examples of Popes going against.
An obvious one is contained in John -- baptism REQUIRED for salvation. That was re-affirmed by Papal Bull.
Maybe you are thinking of the Slovenian Orthodox Church or something.
Or, you could be in denial.
I've read and studied more scripture in my 35 years as a Protestant, in confirmation classes, Protestant High School, bible school, bible college and pre-theology seminary than "you will ever" read in a lifetime!.AND was that reason --why I came to the One TRUE FAITH and SALVATION of Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (and only one) "historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.... Unfortunately, for you Free Mind, you and your "bible only buffoon (Catholic Bashers) choose to live in your (own oersonal) "distorted and heretical world" of condemnation and judgement of ANY and ALL Christians,(especially Catholics) who (KNOW THE TRUE) and refuse to "buy into" your "sola scriptura" --"relative truth" (what each person decides is truth) 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations. God "NEVER HAS nor EVER WILL BE" the author of your bible only Protestant (personal opinion) confusion chaos and inconsistent beliefs!!!

Location hidden

#427130 Mar 12, 2013
The Bible teaches we have one mediator between us and God...which is Jesus Christ..

The Catholics say God got it wrong...again...they say there are two mediators!!!

Pope Leo XIII:“The recourse we have to Mary in prayer follows upon the office she continuously fills by the side of the throne of God as Mediatrix of Divine grace; being by worthiness and by merit most acceptable to Him, and, therefore, surpassing in power all the angels and saints in Heaven.

Now, this merciful office of hers, perhaps, appears in no other form of prayer so manifestly as it does in the Rosary. For in the Rosary all the part that Mary took as our co-Redemptress comes to us, as it were, set forth, and in such wise as though the facts were even then taking place; and this with much profit to our piety, whether in the contemplation of the succeeding sacred mysteries, or in the prayers which we speak and repeat with the lips.”(Iucunda Semper Expectatione, n. 2)

mediatrix - a woman who is a mediator
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427132 Mar 12, 2013
My mistake Venice Italy.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427133 Mar 12, 2013
New Age writes:
You wrote - "When you blatantly ignore Jesus' words that WERE RECORDED,"
Sounding sort of hypocritical, aren't you?
If you take what is recorded only in the Bible, then YOU are blatantly ignoring non-canonical written texts (recorded).

Do you use only the NT to come to this decision of yours?
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You can follow all the non-canonical written texts you want. Have at it, there are plenty to choose from:
-
The Qur'an
The Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants
The Kitab-i-Iqan
The Zend-Avesta
The Rigveda
.. there are many more and probably all inclusive with the "New Age" people.
but me? hypocritical? I don't think so. I WON'T follow the pope, I follow Christ instead - and that is NOT hypocritical.
-
What Catholics don't understand is this: If you want to call yourself a Christian, you gotta do what Christ said to do. nothing more. You don't get to make it up as you go along. Which is what he Catholic church does, while accusing everyone else of doing that very thing.
The world of Christianity is so confused BECAUSE of the Catholic church, and trying to extract themselves from the RC church has led to the confusion. There are MANY traditions of men that people have a difficult time giving up ... but I think the further away one gets from the Catholic church ... the closer to Christianity you become - starting with, "Call no man father."
-
AGAIN!... right out of the starting gate -
they
disobey
Christ.
By going AGAINST the direct words of Christ, they show that they are not FOLLOWERS of Christ.
-
Stop signs say *STOP* for a reason. It is a DIRECT COMMAND. IF you read the sign and PROCEED anyway, you could lose your life and cause the death of others in an accident.
-
Likewise, Jesus said, "Call no man your father." FOR A REASON. It is a DIRECT COMMAND - if you ignore his words and do it anyway.... you could lose your life.
My post to you had nothing to do with the Pope, but you seemed to make it so. Strike one.

THis is the question I asked, that you didn't answer. This is a second chance for you...

"Do you use only the NT to come to this decision of yours?"

Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min nanoanomaly 750,563
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 min ChromiuMan 5,460
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 17 min dtong 14
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min ChristineM 229,976
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min who 261,661
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 36 min flack 40
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 47 min New Age Spiritual... 602,172
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 3 hr MeHere 388
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search