Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,056
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#427092 Mar 11, 2013
Clay is past delirious!!! He said: "The Pope can never go against scripture."

United States

#427093 Mar 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
-
going against scripture is bad enough.
-
but going against the VERY WORDS OF CHRIST and being called Father is totally mind boggling.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#427094 Mar 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
going against scripture is bad enough.
-
but going against the VERY WORDS OF CHRIST and being called Father is totally mind boggling.
How true.Romanists claim they 'follow the teachings of the Bible'... yet they totally disregard it... judging from theor useless idols, icons, calling priests' Father', their elected popes 'His Holiness' and 'The Holy Father'.... to say nothing of the inventions of purgatory and indulgences!

Location hidden

#427095 Mar 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true guest. The Pope can never go against scripture. In a sense, he can't even 'privately' interpret scripture. Nothing he says can go against Church teachings. If he does, we are obligated to publicly rebuke him like Paul did to Peter. Saint Thomas of Aquinas and numerous others in the 2,000 yr history have publicly rebuked the sitting Pope for going against Church teachings.
"the road to hell is paved with the skulls of Bishops and Priests"
Saint Athenasas council of Nicaea 325 AD.
"It is better for scandals to arise then the truth be suppressed"
Pope Gregory the Great
Your 'church teachings' are not only man-made, but traditionally FALSE.
NOWHERE does the Bible say to pray to Mary and to lifeless, useless statuary.
Nowhere does it mention silly indulgences, or purgatory, to say nothing of a pope, elected or otherwise.

Location hidden

#427096 Mar 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Pope can never go against scripture."
Horse puckett...
He teaches to pray to Mary...that is against Scripture..
He teaches to confess to a man....that is against Scripture..
He teaches that Mary was sinless..that is against Scripture..
He teaches to pray to dead "Saints"...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary's is a mediator...that is against Scripture...
He teaches Mary is a virgin evermore...that is against Scripture..
He teaches Mary is the mother of God...that is against Scripture..
I have many more....
Right on.
Romanist 'teaching' is way off in left field.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427097 Mar 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are vomiting trash...go hiss some place else...please....
so your telling me that that i'm vomitting trash? so what's written in the bible is trash? my points i made came directly from the bible,so you are agreeing with me that the bible is what i said it is,over embelished man created stories to make us believe a god exists?? if you don't read all the posts,and give me an answer,instead of being rude.

usa

#427098 Mar 12, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Jethro here is what God told me:
I am that I am.
Do Therefore: It Is What It is !!!
so your telling me like oxbow did,you can not give me an answer,which i expected.

usa

#427099 Mar 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
does this help? All these verses pertain to Jesus, Son of God:
Jesus is the firstborn over all creation:
Col. 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
http://bible.cc/colossians/1-15.htm
Jesus himself said he was with God before the world began:
John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
http://bible.cc/john/17-5.htm
Through Jesus all things were created:
John 1:
2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/1.htm
All things have been created through him and for him:
Colossians 1:
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
if these passages are true,why are they not mentioned in the book of genesis right away,why is it written hundreds of years later in the N.T.? which i believe are books written to clearify the mistakes (like this one)written in the O.T. i don't buy it,again jesus is god in the flesh on earth,so this theory of a single god does not exist,jesus is a god and his father was a god,jesus is called the son of god so did god had a father like jesus did? very perplexing,it's the chicken or the egg except we're dealing with people,who came first, adam or jesus was jesus a man while in heaven? then sent here as a baby? who walked in the garden of eden? god or jesus? you want your cake and be able to eat it to.if jesus is god on earth then how could he be the father to jesus? that would take two entities to pull it off,and there is suppose to be one.i know your going to tell me in some way that jesus was sent here by god to do his work,and also jesus claims to be the son of god and a king,king of the jews.if jesus (god on earth),how could there be a god in heaven at the same time?? the only rational explanation is more than one entity.

usa

#427100 Mar 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
does this help? All these verses pertain to Jesus, Son of God:
Jesus is the firstborn over all creation:
Col. 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
http://bible.cc/colossians/1-15.htm
Jesus himself said he was with God before the world began:
John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
http://bible.cc/john/17-5.htm
Through Jesus all things were created:
John 1:
2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/1.htm
All things have been created through him and for him:
Colossians 1:
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
just wanted to say thanks for sending me an answer instead of just trash talk from oxbow and a non annswer from 7th day (no offense ment 7th). the passages would be more belivable if they were written in the o.t. especially in the book of genesis,but they are written to far into history to be totally convincing to me,need a little more proof.you did good,you are a MAN who is not afraid to speak up like some are around here,and i thank you for it.I'm a tuff nut to crack but if i can't see it, touch it, smell it, taste it,i doubt it. plus i factor in we are raised on lies,example the santa clause story,the easter bunny etc. and as children we believe in them because our trusted parents are telling us this is real,but then reality sets in,the teaching of a god is done in the same manner,believe it,even though we can not 100% prove it.

usa

#427101 Mar 12, 2013
so any bets on who is going to be pope?? my money is on the man from boston,father o'malley,problem is he is a no nonsense kind of a guy,he'll sweep the dirt right out of vatican city,he is solely responsible for keep what little is left as far as catholics and churches there are here which is dwindling by the day. i heard there was some sort of problem in vatican city??? not sure what it is,but it wouldn't surprise me if it involved o'malley,i'm sure some of the cardinals are afraid of him,he is a kickass kind of guy,that is my opinion of what i have seen,heard and read about him,he closed the leak of the sinking catholic church here in boston.he would bring the church to the people,not the people just coming to the church,he would open the doors to the troubles of the church and tell how he will resurect the church into being the powerful conglomerate it once was. and that scares the higherarchy. to be open an honest?how dare he think those thoughts,he is catholic,he must stick to tradition!.... LIE
truth

Perth, Australia

#427102 Mar 12, 2013
why you say that oxy ..ark
please explain..
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#427103 Mar 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
He's right--the Pope "can never"go against scripture!!--- Try reading and interpreting the TRUTH of what the bible (in its entirety) is saying, regarding its TRUE MEANING,: then read the Catholic Catechism which will "open your eyes" to (even more TRUTH) that the Pope, the teachings of the Catholic Church, and the historical "traditions" of over 2000 years---ARE "IN FACT"---ALL BIBLICALLY GROUNDED.-----The Problem, has is and will continue to be in your Protestant "bible only - editorializing (self interpretation) of the Sacred Scripture, that (has never, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING --among your 42,000 contradicting (man-made) denominations, except "attacking" the TRUTH of the bible and Jesus Christ, which is manifested (in and through His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427104 Mar 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if these passages are true,why are they not mentioned in the book of genesis right away,why is it written hundreds of years later in the N.T.? which i believe are books written to clearify the mistakes (like this one)written in the O.T. i don't buy it,again jesus is god in the flesh on earth,so this theory of a single god does not exist,jesus is a god and his father was a god,jesus is called the son of god so did god had a father like jesus did? very perplexing,it's the chicken or the egg except we're dealing with people,who came first, adam or jesus was jesus a man while in heaven? then sent here as a baby? who walked in the garden of eden? god or jesus? you want your cake and be able to eat it to.if jesus is god on earth then how could he be the father to jesus? that would take two entities to pull it off,and there is suppose to be one.i know your going to tell me in some way that jesus was sent here by god to do his work,and also jesus claims to be the son of god and a king,king of the jews.if jesus (god on earth),how could there be a god in heaven at the same time?? the only rational explanation is more than one entity.
Its all about keeping us feeling guilty for being human.

God the father, god the son god the holy spirit......one God, 3 persons in one God. The dictionary definition of a person is a human being. I am sure most christians still don't understand the jist of 3 persons all being equal as God, but only being one God.

God father sent God (holy spirit) down to earth to impregnate Mary so she could give birth to God (Jesus). Jesus God died for our sins and returned to heaven to be with God. All three persons of God are suppose to be equal but God the father makes all the decisions for the other two persons of God that are all suppose to be equal.

Mary/Joseph were devout jews and jews don't believe in 3 persons in one God or sons of God, yet Mary/Joseph believed their baby was the son of God, yet their religion forbid them to believe that.

Confused yet?

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427105 Mar 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
so any bets on who is going to be pope?? my money is on the man from boston,father o'malley,problem is he is a no nonsense kind of a guy,he'll sweep the dirt right out of vatican city,he is solely responsible for keep what little is left as far as catholics and churches there are here which is dwindling by the day. i heard there was some sort of problem in vatican city??? not sure what it is,but it wouldn't surprise me if it involved o'malley,i'm sure some of the cardinals are afraid of him,he is a kickass kind of guy,that is my opinion of what i have seen,heard and read about him,he closed the leak of the sinking catholic church here in boston.he would bring the church to the people,not the people just coming to the church,he would open the doors to the troubles of the church and tell how he will resurect the church into being the powerful conglomerate it once was. and that scares the higherarchy. to be open an honest?how dare he think those thoughts,he is catholic,he must stick to tradition!.... LIE
Guranteed!!

....Catholic Cardinal Pham Minh Man from vietnam, and Cardinal Zen from china will have as much chance at getting any votes or becoming Pope then a woman sneaking into the conclave and becoming the 116th voting cardinal. These two Cardinals might as well go home, or they could be the determining factor for the two votes they cast.

Imagine being these two cardinals and not one of the other Cardinals gives you even one vote? How embarassing!

Its all political.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427107 Mar 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right--the Pope "can never"go against scripture!!--- Try reading and interpreting the TRUTH of what the bible (in its entirety) is saying, regarding its TRUE MEANING,: then read the Catholic Catechism which will "open your eyes" to (even more TRUTH) that the Pope, the teachings of the Catholic Church, and the historical "traditions" of over 2000 years---ARE "IN FACT"---ALL BIBLICALLY GROUNDED.-----The Problem, has is and will continue to be in your Protestant "bible only - editorializing (self interpretation) of the Sacred Scripture, that (has never, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING --among your 42,000 contradicting (man-made) denominations, except "attacking" the TRUTH of the bible and Jesus Christ, which is manifested (in and through His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
HOJO says.......then read the Catholic Catechism which will "open your eyes" to (even more TRUTH) that the Pope, the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Michael says......So why then do MOST roman catholics today not follow much of what is in the catechism or church teachings?

1) Millions of roman catholics are divorced, many living with new partners or remarried. The church says you cannot dissolve a sacrament, and being divorced with a live in partner is adultery.

2) MOST Roman catholics practice forms of birth control the church says is sinful. Yet the church screams about abortions because too many unwanted babies are born.

3) Every year more Roman Catholics claim that celebacy should be optional including thousands of clergy themselves. The church screams NO!

4) Groups of catholic women around the world today want to be equal to men in the church and be allowed to become clergy. The church screams never!

4) More roman catholic women per 1,000 in america have abortions than protestant women. Why?
4) According to the Roman Catholic Bishops conference in 2009 less than 1 in 4 Roman catholics in the USA attends mandatory sunday mass weekly. In western europe the numbers are much lower than that.

How many rule following catholics does that leave out of 1.168 Billion? Maybe 800,000.

Its very clear that today the catholic church is in chaos. Its obvious most catholics do not take the church seriously or they would follow all the rules they were indoctrinated into from childhood.

Roman catholicism is the secular arm of the Orthodox church, which followers more closely adhere to the rules/regulations.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427108 Mar 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the catholic church teaches that non catholics and non christians also have an opportunity to the kingdom of heaven, why do you continuously criticize protestants who will one day be sitting beside you and God in heaven?

Don't you think God is not thinking very highly of you for your continual trashing of other members of his creation that he created equal to you?

You just might not make it. Sorry!

chris

Lafayette, LA

#427109 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no clear evidence one way or another regarding homosexuality. It occurs not only in humans but in the animal kingdom. I am sure there are many people that you know are gay but you probably aren't aware of it.
Today, our world is becoming a much more compassionate world and as evidence in america that gay marriages is being accepted more all the time.
Are you predujidced against gay people?
Hatred and ignorance is why we have so many problems today in our world. Suicide rates among gay/lesbians is much greater than the general population, I can't believe someone would choose such a lifestyle only to be ostricized by ignorant people like yourself,.
I myself am hetrosexual, but I am way beyond critizing and marginalizing someone who is different than me. You are a long way from there.
If you had a son or daughter or a grand child or parent that stated they were gay would you disown them?.........you probably would.......very sad!
you see an increase with compatio, must have you head in the sand, i see less compation, increasing crime and increasing hatred in that crime, maybe you are on a different planet, this government itself is the worst of conveivable ideas
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427110 Mar 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
If Cardinal O'Malley or Cardinal Dolan becomes Pope the balance of future power will shift to the americas. Its currently a battle between european cardinals versus americas.

I believe there are 11 american voting cardinals and guranteed if one of them becomes Pope he will create even more future cardinals from North America to give them the edge in future voting power balance.

Its all political at the highest level, and everyday catholics haven't got a clue what jockeying is really going on.

These are historical times.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427111 Mar 12, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
you see an increase with compatio, must have you head in the sand, i see less compation, increasing crime and increasing hatred in that crime, maybe you are on a different planet, this government itself is the worst of conveivable ideas
It doesn't matter whether its democrat or republicans in power. The shift today is to equality. 125 years ago we had slavery in america, 50 years ago in the USA many americans thought it was just fine that black people drank from different water fountains or had to ride at the back when travelling on a bus. Thank God we have made strides away from that. 90 years ago women in america were not even allowed to vote. Another positive for equality.

The churches themselves have been the biggest culprits in not showing the way with a moral compass. Thousands of children over many years around the world were sexually abused at the hands of some religious men, and covered up by the rest. Shameful!

Today the second money laundering scandal in the catholic church is under investigation. Today 47,000 nuns in america are under investigation by their own church leaders. Does this sound like an organization that is leading the way in morality?

The three biggest challenges today in america is the prolific use of illegal/legal drugs. Obesity, and out of control gun ownership.

In a perfect world if we could eliminate the american desire for drugs our prisons would empty out quickly, and gun crimes would drop substantially.

If someone gets upset because they get bullied or are physically uncomfortable because they weigh 375 pounds then its up to them to stop upsizing their McHappy Meal 5 times a week.

We are all responsible for our actions. I know crime is rampant but I don't associate with people of bad behavior. Something we should all practice, but we don't.

Its all our fault.
truth

Perth, Australia

#427112 Mar 12, 2013
miclo
many will be choose but small left

because of that miclo
think clear

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stovepipe Hat 743,653
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Dally Mama 228,559
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 20 min Johnny 606
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min andet1987 4,597
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 43 min Johnny 3,354
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 118,283
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 36,919
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 601,413