Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,051
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#427038 Mar 11, 2013
ELECTING THE NEW POPE: Who, How and Where History Gets Made
[Nice illustration, point to enlarge.]
http://www.time.com/time/interactive/0,31813,...
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427039 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her."
Amen
Well said Star.
Saints are mediators Mary is a mediator.

In the way you explain Mary, why bother with the saints?

Try reason and logic -- no all-knowing Supreme being would possibly be swayed by a lesser spirit. If any mediator affected that Supreme Being's judgement, then that Supreme being is not.

Mary is barely mentioned in the Bible and was not mentioned once in the first Nicene Creed. But after the RCC became the official religion, Mary was needed to replace Isis and other female gods.

This mediator thing is now dated and absurd.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427040 Mar 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for B-16 he was chosen even at 78 he did well.
What have you done in your old age for the good of your people??
Here let me answer for you, NOTHING!!![lol]
Who knows what your health will be in years to come.
Only God know who will be healed, you don;t know, and I don't know. It's all God's will.
Youíll probably convert on your dying bed, Iíve seen it happen.
Star writes -- "Here let me answer for you, NOTHING!!![lol]"

You don't know that. You are making a negative judgement because you disagree with that poster's position, nothing more.

Your own post on how Christians should behave is already forgotten.

And you don't have a clue. Silly girl, what does the Bible say? You shouldn't even be posting here.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427041 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? They did have dark skin. And I said ONE was African. I made no such claim that 80% were African.
You're nuts. Just how free is your mind anyway?
Sorry to see you are back to name-calling and ignoring what was actually written.

Every painting or statue of every human I have ever seen in a Roman Catholic church had --- Caucasian features -- regardless if the medium happened to be light or dark.

I guess that makes me nuts.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427042 Mar 11, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...
Christ gave us an entire Family ... in the Model that God intended...
Mother Blessed Virgin Mary
Brother Jesus Christ/ Lord and Savior God
many Brothers and Sisters..in Christ
God Our ...Father in Heaven...
Christians Worship God and are devoted to our family in Christ
It's nice when Mom drops in...
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
So again, how does Mary tell us we are saved?

At Fatima, Mary says -- "You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Devotion or worship? What does it matter, because she tells us if it's not enough, millions will die in WW2.

It's absurd. Devotion or else? Worship or else?n What's the difference?

This is zero difference. MARY CLEARLY SAYS DEVOTION TO HER SAVES SOULS.

Don't believe me. Believe the Catholic Church and every Pope since 1917.

Oops, I forgot the spin --- you are not "required" to believe it or to trust every Pope since 1917.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#427044 Mar 11, 2013
Have a wonderful week ALL!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#427045 Mar 11, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to see you are back to name-calling and ignoring what was actually written.
Every painting or statue of every human I have ever seen in a Roman Catholic church had --- Caucasian features -- regardless if the medium happened to be light or dark.
I guess that makes me nuts.
What em I suppose to say? you called me a liar, when i nevereven said 80% of our Popes were from Africa. Then you made fun of me.

Here look at Benedict the 15th

wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XV

He does not look like a white guy. I confess.'Dark skin' is probably too steep though.

If you went to Our Lady of Guadalupe Church on Saint Paul's West side (mn), you would see more darker depictions of Christ, Mary and the Apostles. That's because the Church is mostly made up of Mexicans. Other Catholic Church's around the world tend to depict their images that more reflect their community. Its human nature.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#427047 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ask your family and friends to Pray for you or not??
~~~~

The Bibles says to the living...

Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

There are no instructions (giving in the Bible) for the dead praying or making intercession for any one...

If Jesus had not rose again from the grave here on earth..and ascended to be seated at the right hand of the Father..

He could not intercede for us to the Father..

ONLY JESUS Jesus qualifies to intercede in heaven for us...

Mar_14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mar_16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

___

Rom_8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:

but the Spirit itself ( NOT MARY OR THE SAINTS) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom_8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because

--->he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,

who is even at the right hand of God,

who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom_11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Heb_7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

~~~
There is no one else qualified...

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427048 Mar 11, 2013
4 hrs ago i posted a few questions concerning god being just there the uncreated creator,i posted passages the refute that,and no one replied to prove i was wrong in what i posted,that tells me,that as i have been saying all along that the bible is a book of unprovable man created over embelished stories,that have no authenticity.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#427049 Mar 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
The Bibles says to the living...
Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
There are no instructions (giving in the Bible) for the dead praying or making intercession for any one...
If Jesus had not rose again from the grave here on earth..and ascended to be seated at the right hand of the Father..
He could not intercede for us to the Father..
ONLY JESUS Jesus qualifies to intercede in heaven for us...
Mar_14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Mar_16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
___
Rom_8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself ( NOT MARY OR THE SAINTS) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom_8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because
--->he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,
who is even at the right hand of God,
who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom_11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Heb_7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
~~~
There is no one else qualified...
.....so do you ask your family and friends to pray for you or not?

We know from scripture that there are saints in Heaven, who along with the Angels, pray to God before the throne. We know our children have guardian Angels who are in the presence of God....

what else are you demanding the Bible show us?

scripturecatholic.com/saints.html

Location hidden

#427050 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Ok Ox. Posting on a forum should at least require 5th grade reading and comprehension skills.
Of course we both know you are just playing with words.
Did you pull girls pony tails repeatedly in grade school?
Any way you cut it....You are calling God ignorant because he gets jealous when He sees an image of Mary holding the crucified Christ!!!!

Shame on you!!!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#427051 Mar 11, 2013
Nice article about the election of the next Pope:

foxnews.com/opinion/2013/03/11/looking-for-jo...

Location hidden

#427052 Mar 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
Why do Catholics pray to Mary and the saints when Sacred Scripture states that there is one Mediator between God and man Ė Christ Jesus?(1 Tim. 2:5).
When Catholics ask Mary to pray for them and the
other saints in Heaven they are not bypassing
Christ, whom they acknowledge as the sole Mediator
between God and man. They are going to Christ
through Mary and the other saints. They are
asking Mary and other saints to intercede for them
before the throne of Christ in Heaven. "For the
continual prayer of a just man availeth much." (James 5:16). How much more availing is the unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ! St. Paul asked his fellow Christians to intercede for him: "Brethren, pray for us." (2 Thess. 3:1). And again: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God ..." (Rom. 15:30). Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her. And at Cana, He performed His first miracle after a word from His Mother.(John 2:2-11).
It is clear in Sacred Scripture that the saints in
Heaven will intercede for us before the throne of
Christ if they are petitioned in prayer (Apoc. or
Rev. 8:3-4), and it is clear in the records of
primitive Christianity that the first Christians
eagerly sought their intercession. Wrote St. John
Chrysostom in the fourth century: "When thou
perceivest that God is chastening thee, fly not to
His enemies, but to His friends, the martyrs, the saints, and those who were pleasing to Him, and who have great power."
If the saints have such power with God, how much more His own Mother."
Nonsense!!!! Quoting Scripture at random that has nothing to do with the Bible teaching, as you say, to pray to Mary and the dead "Saints" is ludicrous to say the least...

Christ, from Scripture, taught us to pray to God the Father, in His name...

Show me Scripture that says Christ said "When you pray, pray to Mary, my Mother"....or Pray to the "Saints"...You can't because it is not in there....

Bottom line....you are following teachings not based on Scripture...but...to a Catholic...it don't matter...da pope said it...and that's that!!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#427053 Mar 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Any way you cut it....You are calling God ignorant because he gets jealous when He sees an image of Mary holding the crucified Christ!!!!
Shame on you!!!!!
Yeah.

You are falsely accusing someone of calling God ignorant. That's the only thing going on here, Ox.
you guys are the boldest, bravest, arrogant humans i ever met.
Im not sure why you think its ok to play around with words like that. You usually do it with sacred scripture. Now you're doing it to falsely accuse someone.
Do you think God doesn't see you playing stupid?
You must..

Location hidden

#427054 Mar 11, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Saints are mediators Mary is a mediator.
In the way you explain Mary, why bother with the saints?
Try reason and logic -- no all-knowing Supreme being would possibly be swayed by a lesser spirit. If any mediator affected that Supreme Being's judgement, then that Supreme being is not.
Mary is barely mentioned in the Bible and was not mentioned once in the first Nicene Creed. But after the RCC became the official religion, Mary was needed to replace Isis and other female gods.
This mediator thing is now dated and absurd.
They ignore...completely... For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

They have added the Priest, Mary and all the "Saints"....so they got lots of mediators!!!!!

Location hidden

#427055 Mar 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
4 hrs ago i posted a few questions concerning god being just there the uncreated creator,i posted passages the refute that,and no one replied to prove i was wrong in what i posted,that tells me,that as i have been saying all along that the bible is a book of unprovable man created over embelished stories,that have no authenticity.
You are vomiting trash...go hiss some place else...please....
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427056 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What em I suppose to say? you called me a liar, when i nevereven said 80% of our Popes were from Africa. Then you made fun of me.
Here look at Benedict the 15th
wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XV
He does not look like a white guy. I confess.'Dark skin' is probably too steep though.
If you went to Our Lady of Guadalupe Church on Saint Paul's West side (mn), you would see more darker depictions of Christ, Mary and the Apostles. That's because the Church is mostly made up of Mexicans. Other Catholic Church's around the world tend to depict their images that more reflect their community. Its human nature.
Clay wrote -- "you called me a liar, when i never even said 80% of our Popes were from Africa."

1.. Show me the post where I called you a liar.

2.. Show me a post where I said you wrote that 80% of Popes were from Africa.

Hint... those posts don't exist.

Clay... your spiritual superiority has made you into a fool.

Now show me the post #'s, because inspite of what you think, I can't have them removed.

You need help, and maybe the delusion that your church sells is perfect for you. But here we can back up our claims with facts. This is not the place for deluded fools to validate their delusions.

Sorry to sound so harsh. Show me the posts where I wrote what you claim and I will gladly apologize. Otherwise, this is the real world, not your RCC La La Land.

Location hidden

#427057 Mar 11, 2013
053 033
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
You are falsely accusing someone of calling God ignorant. That's the only thing going on here, Ox.
you guys are the boldest, bravest, arrogant humans i ever met.
Im not sure why you think its ok to play around with words like that. You usually do it with sacred scripture. Now you're doing it to falsely accuse someone.
Do you think God doesn't see you playing stupid?
You must..
Typical of Catholics...deny the truth when it is staring them in the face...then attack whomever said it!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#427058 Mar 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense!!!! Quoting Scripture at random that has nothing to do with the Bible teaching, as you say, to pray to Mary and the dead "Saints" is ludicrous to say the least...
Christ, from Scripture, taught us to pray to God the Father, in His name...
Show me Scripture that says Christ said "When you pray, pray to Mary, my Mother"....or Pray to the "Saints"...You can't because it is not in there....
Bottom line....you are following teachings not based on Scripture...but...to a Catholic...it don't matter...da pope said it...and that's that!!!!
Its funny how none of you guys can show where Christ said everything about His Ministry is found in the NT. Yet you demand it be.
Weird.

What happened to the normal Protestants? Man, a hundred yrs ago there were just the Lutherans and Methodist type. Now, its a bunch of complete idiots who are off the wall fundie. They changed almost every thing about Christianity - and continue to change.

We had a dual Catholic/Lutheran fish fry last Fri for lent. It was great fellowship between Protestants and Catholics.
I think Luther and Calvin would puke their guts out if they could've foresaw the disaster they created, by opening the door to sola scriptura.
A bunch of nomads lost in their world of private Bible interpretations, I tell ya!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427059 Mar 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are vomiting trash...go hiss some place else...please....
Of course, if you knew he was wrong or could refute with reason, there'd be no need to call names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 ways to make money easily 5 min salmi-pro 1
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min Barnsweb 441,756
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min pusherman_ 774,058
Does anyone like watching people masterbate? (May '14) 46 min devilkitty666 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 175,557
Couch Potato Alert 2 hr yon 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Seraphima 604,838
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 265,020
More from around the web