Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#427288 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why don't you answer his question hojo, instead of giving such a stupid answer.
You don't know yourself do you.
I don't thing anyone one does except maybe they just decided it was on a need to know bases. Or to cover up their evil plots,
I am not "going to waste my time" responding to "exaggerated (blown-out of proportion) anti-catholic Protestant BS that you "fundies" are so famous for!! Again--the "only evil" that is "clearly evident" is the slander, distorted lies and bible only self and mis-interpreted (deception) of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, which is ON THIS FORUM---AND--- of Sacred Scripture that you Protestants have become "experts at spreading" which (I will add) is to your own demise and destruction!!!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#427289 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point in God creating the 10 commandments if God is not going to lead by example in following his own 6th commandment. Thou shalt not kill.
I don't see widespread death today among prostitutes, gays, sex abusers, by God, do you?
Its all baloney to scare you into fear by religious leaders. No ALL loving God would ever commit such autrocities.
These stories were created to get everyone to run to the nearest church/synagogue in fear to bolster the numbers.
Life is good for me, and whatever waits at the end of the line will be shared by every other human being that lived before me.
I am not God Michael! But in the day od Sodom and Gamorrah, there were not 5 good people to be found.
God maybe slow but He is sure and He is never late Michael, like in the day of Noah, God will destroy the earth again because of sin and it will happen in His timing not mine or doomsday prophets.
You don't believe God can save a prostitute, is their sin any greater then mine.
When Moses lead the children of Israel through the dessert, for 40 years there was only 2 people of that generation who left Egypt entered the promise land. They all died off in the dessert. He wiped out all the memeories of Egypt and its evil from among His people.
The Bible says only a dog returns to its vomit, well the children of Israel, every time they hit a hard time desired to go back to Egypt and complained all the time.
They forgot they were slaves in Egypt, they were desiring things they never had.
God gave them freedom, and they wanted to return to slavery.
Like many of us today god frees us from our sins and we desire to return to it.
You need to let go of you understand of what you think God is and why He does what He does, and believe everything
He does is for our good.
Read Jeremiah 29 Michael Its a letter to Gods people who were in exile its beautiful .
Cont.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#427290 Mar 13, 2013
Cont

4 This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says to all those I carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 “Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. 6 Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. 7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” 8 Yes, this is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says:“Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. 9 They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them,” declares the Lord.

10 This is what the Lord says:“When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord,“and will bring you back from captivity.[b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord,“and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427291 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If God and Jesus are one and the same,.... then try reading the OT, but replace the word "God" with the word "Jesus."
Jesus wipes out entire cities.
Jesus instructs that innocent women and children be slaughtered or enslaved.
Jesus demands the foreskins of dead enemies as tribute.
Jesus loves you.
well if he loves me,ask him to cure me,and payoff my medical bills,they have plenty of money and they are suppose to help out the needy and destitute,and i certainly qualify,since i'm out of work and only collecting half pay,and i'm not out by choice,dr's orders. so show a little kindness there big guy!! or at least let me hit the lottery for a few million,want to hit big,i would like to buy the cancer center i go to tv's for the waiting rooms on each floor,cable included, and buy them their own petscan machine,which are extremely expensive,and dedicate it in memory to all cancer patients past and present.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427292 Mar 13, 2013
well i'm off gotta go to store get my paper,i'm running late,still trying to adjust to daylight savings time,going to buy lottery ticket also.see you shortly.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#427293 Mar 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your distorted comments are just a "continuation" of the same old Protestant "bible only" anti-catholic "propaganda" that you 4GVN are "so famous for"! You, my friend, have attained a "monopoly on (what you call)--"lies, dishonesty and ignorance" when it comes to your "bible only" distortion of the TRUTH of the Bible, 2000 years of TRUE Church History, and the writings, documents and authoritative history from the Early Church Fathers and the Apologistic authors--both Catholic and Protestant..... You obviously, are "still dialed into" James McCarthy and Ron Rhodes, which are two of the more "prominent" 21st century "heretical preachers" of Jesus Christs and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church!! Heretics, like these two, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years--YET---Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church, has, is and will continue to LIVE ON!!!
Hoho, are you mentally capable of dealing with the topic at hand? If so, please respond. If not then you are just blowing smoke.:)
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427294 Mar 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well if he loves me,ask him to cure me,and payoff my medical bills,they have plenty of money and they are suppose to help out the needy and destitute,and i certainly qualify,since i'm out of work and only collecting half pay,and i'm not out by choice,dr's orders. so show a little kindness there big guy!! or at least let me hit the lottery for a few million,want to hit big,i would like to buy the cancer center i go to tv's for the waiting rooms on each floor,cable included, and buy them their own petscan machine,which are extremely expensive,and dedicate it in memory to all cancer patients past and present.
I wish that would happen for you Jethro. But as you know, God doesn't work that way.

For example, as a kid, I prayed and prayed for a bicycle. Nothing, because God doesn't work that way.

So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness.

That's how it works.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427295 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit. 3 equal persons in one God, but God the father makes all the decisions for the other two..........but they are all equal!... right?
Thank you Michael, but I'm still confused.

People say Jesus loves me.

But God the Father must be angry because I frequently work on Sunday, eat shellfish, and have lustful thoughts.

Plus Jesus spoke in parables, because he wanted to make it difficult to understand. Plus I have never seen or spoken to any Holy Spirit. Not even a picture! Does he have a beard like Father and Son?

But who cares, for all the good this Holy Spirit did in guiding the RCC into sex-abuse cover-up for decade after decade. How did that guidance work out?

It's looking more and more like the three amigos are up there amusing themselves playing tricks on us all the time.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427296 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you check the bible you would find out many of the place that God destroyed, sacrafice their children to strange god's.
So they were not so innocent, woman gave their virgin daughter to be
Prositutes in the temples, etc. homosexuality was widely practised in the pagan temples, child sex abuse is not a new thing.
You should read the Bible on the enemies of God before you critizes the reasons, He does things.
God hates sin.
I have read the Bible. You are forgetting so much.

Jesus has some little children killed by a bear because they were being children and mocked a supposed prophet. Since when is just being a child a capital crime?

Or how come Jesus could not destroy one enemy army, because they had chariots made of iron?
MICHAEL

Canada

#427297 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is Michael, no one deserves Heaven. We are all sinners.
The bible says mans heart is evil, and you can see on this thread the truth in that.
That is why we needed a Savior. the sad part is people follow after a religious doctrine instead of Jesus.
The bible says when Jesus comes back will He find people of faith
Luke 18:1-8
King James Version (KJV)
18 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
LTM says ..........We are all sinners.

Michael says......what sins are so bad that you are committing that will keep you outside the gates of heaven?

If you know that sin is bad, why can't you control your bad actions?

People quit smoking because they know its bad for their health.

People quit drinking alcohol because they know it can shorten their lives.

Why can't you stop sinning if you believe sin means great balls of fire for your future?

I don't understand.

I can't think of any sin that I have committed that is so terrible it would mean eternal damnation.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427298 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Michael, but I'm still confused.
People say Jesus loves me.
But God the Father must be angry because I frequently work on Sunday, eat shellfish, and have lustful thoughts.
Plus Jesus spoke in parables, because he wanted to make it difficult to understand. Plus I have never seen or spoken to any Holy Spirit. Not even a picture! Does he have a beard like Father and Son?
But who cares, for all the good this Holy Spirit did in guiding the RCC into sex-abuse cover-up for decade after decade. How did that guidance work out?
It's looking more and more like the three amigos are up there amusing themselves playing tricks on us all the time.
FM says....... God the Father must be angry because I frequently work on Sunday, eat shellfish, and have lustful thoughts.

Michael says.....Me too! and all the other catholics except HOJO and CLAY.....they never do anything naughty.....

....what about all the catholics who pre-determined themselves not to go to mass one sunday but go to a sporting event or the mall, then they go to confession saying they are "HEARTLY SORRY" for not attending mass. They are not heartly sorry for anything, they missed mass willingly. The sin should still be in effect.

Its all BS!
MICHAEL

Canada

#427299 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not God Michael! But in the day od Sodom and Gamorrah, there were not 5 good people to be found.
God maybe slow but He is sure and He is never late Michael, like in the day of Noah, God will destroy the earth again because of sin and it will happen in His timing not mine or doomsday prophets.
You don't believe God can save a prostitute, is their sin any greater then mine.
When Moses lead the children of Israel through the dessert, for 40 years there was only 2 people of that generation who left Egypt entered the promise land. They all died off in the dessert. He wiped out all the memeories of Egypt and its evil from among His people.
The Bible says only a dog returns to its vomit, well the children of Israel, every time they hit a hard time desired to go back to Egypt and complained all the time.
They forgot they were slaves in Egypt, they were desiring things they never had.
You need to let go of you understand of what you think God is and why He does what He does, and believe everything
He does is for our good.
Read Jeremiah 29 Michael Its a letter to Gods people who were in exile its beautiful .
Cont.
LTM says.......God might be slow.

Michael says.....are you sure you wanted to say that?

bad KARMA might be coming your way very soon.(lol)
MICHAEL

Canada

#427300 Mar 13, 2013
What happens if the vatican runs out of black smoke chemicals? They better put in a rush order for a fresh batch.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427301 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
FM says....... God the Father must be angry because I frequently work on Sunday, eat shellfish, and have lustful thoughts.
Michael says.....Me too! and all the other catholics except HOJO and CLAY.....they never do anything naughty.....
....what about all the catholics who pre-determined themselves not to go to mass one sunday but go to a sporting event or the mall, then they go to confession saying they are "HEARTLY SORRY" for not attending mass. They are not heartly sorry for anything, they missed mass willingly. The sin should still be in effect.
Its all BS!
Good point. As Catholics, we were always taught...

Willingly miss one weekly Mass = eternal torture.

They call that "Free Will."
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427302 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM says.......God might be slow.
Michael says.....are you sure you wanted to say that?
bad KARMA might be coming your way very soon.(lol)
Calling God slow = eternal torture.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427303 Mar 13, 2013
"Do not sacrifice your children to strange Gods."

Something for my kids to think about.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427304 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
He does is for our good.
Cont.
"They forgot they were slaves in Egypt" (???)

Guess what! Everyone forgot.

The Egyptians also forgot. So did all their neighbors and trade partners. Not a single written word or reference about the slavery and exodus elsewhere.

THAT makes me skeptical.

Everyone forgot.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427305 Mar 13, 2013
Do You Know God? Or do you Just Believe in Him?

Do you know God PERSONALLY or do you have an intimate personal relationship with hem

Do you ONLY KNOW what YOUR CHURCH says about Him.

The Apostle Paul wrote...

Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

DO YOU JUST

1.BELIEVE IN YOUR CHURCH...

2.BELIEVE IN GOD...

OR

3. DO YOU HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP ESTABLISHED WITH GOD,... through His Son Jesus Christ?

~~~
DOES GOD KNOW YOU...

Can it be said of you... as God said of Abraham...

Gen_18:19 For I know him/ABRAHAM, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

-->DO YOU SAY AS JOSHUAH SAID..

Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,

choose you this day whom ye will serve;

whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood,

or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:

-->but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

___

COULD IT BE SAID OF YOU..BY evil spirits ...(GOD'S AND YOUR COMMON ENEMIES)..FROM THE NEITHER WORLD..

as the evil spirit... said to the seven sons of one Sceva

Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said,

Jesus I know, and

Paul I know; but

who are ye?

~~~
Is Christ abiding in you.... to the point that you are protected from Evil Spirits...by His presence.

Is Christ abiding IN YOU...that what He said might be fulled...

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

WILL JESUS SAY ...when you stand before Him..

Mat_7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat_25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Luk_13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

AGAIN I ASK ...WHAT IS YOU PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#427306 Mar 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her."
Amen
Well said Star.
IT is the attitude of the heart that God sees.

When we view through the Scriptures in the New Testament the events of our Lord Jesus,when he witnessed such faith even in non-Jews,we see clearly that God looks upon the heart.

I am not saying that if a Buddhist or non-Christian prays to their entity,that God answers because of their attitude of heart,but that God sees the earnest desire of the human heart.We cannot know the extent of how God perceives the petitions of any human being,but that God acts in first of all His MERCY.God does not answer prayers of all human beings just because they are kneeling before a shrine,or ancestral homage,or stateue of some sort.BUT God looks upon the heart.There are people who struggle and plead their case before God,and do not know that JESUS died for their sins,yet God sees their anguish,and attitude of heart and He hears them, and divises a way for that soul to eventually find H I M.

We are hearing so much today of non-Christians who are finding God without any witness of Christian endeavor,but because GOD sees their plight and knows the inner cry of their soul toward the UNKNOWING Creator.It is important for all of us Christians to realize because of truth,that God is Creator,and He does want to have fellowship with all human beings HE created.

There is no doubt that God is the GODHEAD of the Father-Son-and Holy Spirit,and we are blessed to have received that revelation from the Triune God we worship,in Spirit and in Truth.Therefore we must realize as well that God is not willing that any should perish,and that all who are seeking Him will eventually find HIM,and not unbe-knowst to God Himself.

You are going to pray to Mary no matter what I say here,so I cannot waste my time in refuting such.But I do believe that Jesus truly wants us to pray to His Father,through Him,because we cannot in any way limit the magnitude of God's capability in answering our prayers,no matter what they are.

God is the Trinity or GODHEAD:Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.ALL of which are three distinct Personages that work in total harmony and congruency,all sufficient,and all efficient in Power,Might,and PURPOSE.God sends the Angels to obtain both information and to give messages of hope to us.Not that I have ever seen an Angel,but who knows,we see Angels unaware of their true identity before God.

Nevertheless we do not pray to ANGELS,or being outside of the realm of this sphere we know, OTHER than to God our Father,who IN Christ knows our every need,with the HELP and presence of the Holy Spirit,who works in P o w e r.

I do not see intercession any greater from the saints who supposedly gone before us,than those prayers sent by brothers and sisters in Christ we have known day to day in our lives.I have been greatly blessed by the prayers of men and women of GOD I met all through my own years on this earth.

I basically will not petition someone who I have never known to beseech my Lord for me,when I can go to the Lord Himself in the magnitude of the OMNIPRESENCE of the Godhead,that knows no limits.

You can pray through Mary all you want,and if some here attack your reasoning for doing so,they must realize that you are going to follow your own conscience no matter what we say.On the other hand,if we choose to not pray to Mary or though h e r,that is not adding to our own limitation,because we also have found through the Mediation of Christ alone His all consuming power to work with His Father on our behalf,through the unlimited power of the Holy Spirit.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#427307 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Bible. You are forgetting so much.
Jesus has some little children killed by a bear because they were being children and mocked a supposed prophet. Since when is just being a child a capital crime?
Or how come Jesus could not destroy one enemy army, because they had chariots made of iron?
I guess its the way you look at things the children of Israel took in account of all people they were called the children of God.
Skip to comments.
BIBLICAL ETHICS ~ Did God Kill Children?(Second Kings 2:23-25)

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 09:13:40 AM by SeanG200

....One last point before we bullet point the complete idea behind the Holy and Rightful judgement from the Judge of all mankind. there were 42 persons killed by two bears. Obviously this would require many more than 42 people. Why? What happens when you have a group of ten people and a bear comes crashing out of the bushes in preparation to attack? Every one will immediately scatter! In the debate I pointed out that freezing 42 people and allowing the bears time to go down the line to kill each one would be even more of a miracle than this skeptic would want to allow. So the common sense position would require a large crowd and some sort of terrain to cut off escape. So the crowd would probably have been at least a few hundred.

Also, this holy man of God was coming back from a “mission,” he would have had an entourage with him, as well as having some sort of head-covering on as pictured above. So, what do these cultural and historical points cause us to rightly assume? That the crowd could not see that the prophet was bald. Which means they would have had to of gotten physical — forcefully removing the head covering. Which means also that the men with the prophet Elisha would have also been overpowered. So lets bullet point the points that undermine the skeptics viewpoint:
&#10004; The crowd was in their late teens to early twenties;
&#10004; they were antisemitic (this is known from most of the previous passages and books);
&#10004; they were from a violently cultic city;
&#10004; the crowd was large;
&#10004; the crowd had already turned violent.

(Excerpt) Read more at religiopoliticaltalk.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min River Tam 445,845
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 56 min River Tam 2,905
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Jake999 46,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 119,382
News Pieces of pig placed on plot of future mosque i... 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Fort Hood Anti-Muslim Backlash Immediate (Nov '09) 4 hr falsefaiths 11,286
Satin is my god (Mar '08) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 2,228
More from around the web