Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,925
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#427029 Mar 11, 2013
http://www.romereports.com/palio/a-look-at-th...

March 11,2013 ( Romereports.com ) It all happens here in the Sistine Chapel. Surrounded by the priceless art of Michelangelo, cardinals come together to elect a Pope.

But it wasn't always like this. Centuries ago, the voting process was quite different. In fact, it was a different group all together, that elected the Pope.

AMBROGIO PIAZZONI
Vatican's Apostolic Library, Director
“At first, the election of a Pope, was much like the way bishops were elected in the first century. It was the Christian community, so really the Christian assembly of Rome who would chose Rome's bishop, who in essence, then became the Pope.”

But with time, the Church began to grow, so to prevent any outside influences from filtering in the election process, a Pope called for change and marked a new direction for the Church.

AMBROGIO PIAZZONI
“It was Pope Leo IX, who in the year 1049, concretely decided that it would be only

Cardinals who would elect a Pope.”

Even though the Conclave has take place in the Sistine Chapel for years now, it was never the official site, until John Paul II added a clause to the apostolic constitution.

It's an election process where religion, tradition, mystery, suspense and quite often, surprise come together.

AMBROGIO PIAZZONI
“Usually the elected Pope is different from what people expect or imagine. I would say that maybe 12 or 15 times, the person who was believed to be elected as Pope, actually was. That's not a high number, considering there have been roughly 300 Papal elections.”

It's all held behind closed doors, hence the name 'conclave,' meaning with key. Each cardinal has an assigned seat...and so, the voting process begins, marking another chapter in the history of the Church.

Goes to show how important The True Church of Christ is to the World!!

#427030 Mar 11, 2013
“ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK: HARSH LANGUAGE NEGATES THE ESSENCE OF GOODNESS AND CHRISTIANITY

If you see a Christian with a hardened heart, you are not really seeing a Christian.

Astonishing it is that a person can carry forth beautiful devotions, show great allegiance to a certain manner of worship, demonstrate unerring diligence in church attendance, and then cast aspersion and harsh assessments on everyone else (especially anyone who doesn't practice the faith exactly as he or she does).

Tragically, this negates everything else, as Scripture tells us. Take (3/8/13) Mass reading: "One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked Him,'Which is the first of all the commandments?' Jesus replied,'The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these'”(Mark 12:28-34).

A shame it is, those who are diligent and traditional but speak with that harshness.

So full of pride are we all that we believe anyone who disagrees with us is worthy of insult.”

Behind this is the devil. Scripture calls it the "viper's tongue" (Job 20:16). It is especially pervasive in politics. Everyone has declared war on everyone else. "Thou salt be hid from the scourge of the tongue," says Job 5:21.

"Is there injustice on my tongue?" asks Job 6:30 (speaking of discernment!). "Cannot my taste discern mischievous things?"

Indeed, by their tone you will know them. When we criticize others, it tells us more about ourselves than the person under our harsh magnification. "Who have whet their tongue like a sword, and have aimed their arrows, even bitter words?" asks Psalms 64:3. And Psalms 140:3: "They have sharpened their tongue like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips."

How many nasty e-mails have you seen in your day? Or texts? Or blog posts? Hopefully you have not written them.

Poison seems to be the vapor of the internet.

The tongue of the wise is health; the tongue of the rash, a piercing sword.

It is a time of noise over substance; of raw emotion. Snide snobbery is the currency of bloggers. Opinions are formulated and shouted with little information. "Fools poureth out folly," says Proverbs 15:12 -- in sort of a harsh assessment of harsh assessment.

Our tongues are meant to praise God -- not denigrate others."If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal," says 1 Corinthians 13:1.

Give rage up for Lent; then give it up forever.

http://www.spiritdaily.com/attack.htm
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427031 Mar 11, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have loved ones who have died? Do you pray to them?
What does this have to do with praying?
Jesus says, "see that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I tell you that in Heaven, their Angels always see the face of my Father who is in Heaven"
**You are gonzo Clay
1. Yes, I have an aunt who devoted her life to prayer. I asked her often to pray for me. After she passed on, I asked her to pray for again. I believed it worked. Actually I know it worked.
2. Jesus is saying their Angels are in the presence of His father. Its a no brainer to ask for their prayers. Do we bypass Jesus? No of course not. And neither do the Angels.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#427032 Mar 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Its clear. You don't like anyone who isn't JUST LIKE YOU.
You don't like people born protestant and what they stand for. You don't like anyone who speaks out against sexual abusive clergy in your church and those that covered it up. YOu don't like any catholic who is liberal that includes the american cardinals who have been declared liberal compared to all the european and Italian cardinals. YOu don't like many catholic news publications, you don't like the 47,000 nuns in america who want equality and justice, you just want everyone to think and be just like you.
What a sad little man you are.
I like everyone.......and I don't care what religion they were born into or practice.
remember, God has no religion.
Wrong again--Michael--which "summarizes" just about "everything that you say. I "show respect" to Protestants, Muslims, atheists, agnostics,bible only believers and even "fallen away Catholics" who (in turn) "show respect" toward the Catholic faith and the faith and salvation of other Catholics. You, Michael, wouldn't know about that, because you are so (blindly) "caught up" in your hostile ()exaggerated) anti-catholic bashing attacks against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, that "finding the TRUTH" is furtherest thing in your mind!!---In addition, these exaggerated "made up" statistics and comments from you, are so "full of holes" that you are beginning to be "a joke"! There are no "liberal Cardinals" in the U.S. Michael, but in your case, "this sounds good" because you just hope that "nobody" would take the time to "check out" these "trash can" editorial opinions of yours..... Your "47,000 (emancipated nuns) who want (as you say) equality) can "go down the street" to the nearest "Protestant, become women ministers along with the homosexual preachers and attend their Sunday only (go meeting social) Church where each person can (make up their own "relative truth"-- and sing "kumbia"! No one is forcing these "retirement age Nuns" to remain in the biblical and historical TRUTH of the Catholic Church...... God, in and through His Son Jesus Christ, created one (and only one) Church, one faith, one doctrine, one FULLNESS of TRUTH, and only one religion, not 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent (relative truth) religions...... Protestants are "our ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ, even though we do not fully agree with them!!
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427033 Mar 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
023 012
<quoted text>
Your words!!!! Quote: When God sees an image of Mary holding the crucified Jesus, He gets jealous, according to Confrint? Who can explain such inexcusable ignorance?
You are calling God ignorant because he gets jealous when He sees an image of Mary holding the crucified Christ!!!!
Lol. Ok Ox. Posting on a forum should at least require 5th grade reading and comprehension skills.
Of course we both know you are just playing with words.
Did you pull girls pony tails repeatedly in grade school?

#427034 Mar 11, 2013
Why do Catholics pray to Mary and the saints when Sacred Scripture states that there is one Mediator between God and man – Christ Jesus?(1 Tim. 2:5).

When Catholics ask Mary to pray for them and the

other saints in Heaven they are not bypassing

Christ, whom they acknowledge as the sole Mediator

between God and man. They are going to Christ

through Mary and the other saints. They are

asking Mary and other saints to intercede for them

before the throne of Christ in Heaven. "For the

continual prayer of a just man availeth much." (James 5:16). How much more availing is the unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ! St. Paul asked his fellow Christians to intercede for him: "Brethren, pray for us." (2 Thess. 3:1). And again: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God ..." (Rom. 15:30). Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her. And at Cana, He performed His first miracle after a word from His Mother.(John 2:2-11).

It is clear in Sacred Scripture that the saints in

Heaven will intercede for us before the throne of

Christ if they are petitioned in prayer (Apoc. or

Rev. 8:3-4), and it is clear in the records of

primitive Christianity that the first Christians

eagerly sought their intercession. Wrote St. John

Chrysostom in the fourth century: "When thou

perceivest that God is chastening thee, fly not to

His enemies, but to His friends, the martyrs, the saints, and those who were pleasing to Him, and who have great power."

If the saints have such power with God, how much more His own Mother."

#427035 Mar 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Star C says.......The pope is blind in one eye and is hard of hearing.
Michael says..........The pope was 79 when he took on the job. What do you expect? Did he not think that in 8 short years he would be too old? Christopher Columbus wasn't even on his way to america when the last pope called it quits. 600 years!
Over all the years, the millions of prayers prayed for the pope and his eye got worse and his hearing never got better.
.....that just proves praying is a waste of time.
Good for B-16 he was chosen even at 78 he did well.
What have you done in your old age for the good of your people??
Here let me answer for you, NOTHING!!![lol]

Who knows what your health will be in years to come.
Only God know who will be healed, you don;t know, and I don't know. It's all God's will.

You’ll probably convert on your dying bed, I’ve seen it happen.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427036 Mar 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
Why do Catholics pray to Mary and the saints when Sacred Scripture states that there is one Mediator between God and man – Christ Jesus?(1 Tim. 2:5).
continual prayer of a just man availeth much." (James 5:16). How much more availing is the unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ! St. Paul asked his fellow Christians to intercede for him: "Brethren, pray for us." (2 Thess. 3:1). And again: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God ..." (Rom. 15:30). Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her. And at Cana, He performed His first miracle after a word from His Mother.(John 2:2-11).
His enemies, but to His friends, the martyrs, the saints, and those who were pleasing to Him, and who have great power."
"Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her."
Amen
Well said Star.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427037 Mar 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
That's nice but...

I still cannot figure out why the greatest power in the universe would possibly need advice or mediation from a lesser spirit -- on any topic in order to get it right the first time.

The patristic writers and fathers had varying and sometimes opposing opinions at various times. So no doubt you can find early writings to support either side of this debate.

Bottom line -- no Supreme Being would ever be swayed by mediation -- or that Supreme Being would be subject to error without mediation. Impossible according to all reason and logic.

#427038 Mar 11, 2013
ELECTING THE NEW POPE: Who, How and Where History Gets Made
[Nice illustration, point to enlarge.]
http://www.time.com/time/interactive/0,31813,...
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427039 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her."
Amen
Well said Star.
Saints are mediators Mary is a mediator.

In the way you explain Mary, why bother with the saints?

Try reason and logic -- no all-knowing Supreme being would possibly be swayed by a lesser spirit. If any mediator affected that Supreme Being's judgement, then that Supreme being is not.

Mary is barely mentioned in the Bible and was not mentioned once in the first Nicene Creed. But after the RCC became the official religion, Mary was needed to replace Isis and other female gods.

This mediator thing is now dated and absurd.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427040 Mar 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for B-16 he was chosen even at 78 he did well.
What have you done in your old age for the good of your people??
Here let me answer for you, NOTHING!!![lol]
Who knows what your health will be in years to come.
Only God know who will be healed, you don;t know, and I don't know. It's all God's will.
You’ll probably convert on your dying bed, I’ve seen it happen.
Star writes -- "Here let me answer for you, NOTHING!!![lol]"

You don't know that. You are making a negative judgement because you disagree with that poster's position, nothing more.

Your own post on how Christians should behave is already forgotten.

And you don't have a clue. Silly girl, what does the Bible say? You shouldn't even be posting here.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427041 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? They did have dark skin. And I said ONE was African. I made no such claim that 80% were African.
You're nuts. Just how free is your mind anyway?
Sorry to see you are back to name-calling and ignoring what was actually written.

Every painting or statue of every human I have ever seen in a Roman Catholic church had --- Caucasian features -- regardless if the medium happened to be light or dark.

I guess that makes me nuts.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427042 Mar 11, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...
Christ gave us an entire Family ... in the Model that God intended...
Mother Blessed Virgin Mary
Brother Jesus Christ/ Lord and Savior God
many Brothers and Sisters..in Christ
God Our ...Father in Heaven...
Christians Worship God and are devoted to our family in Christ
It's nice when Mom drops in...
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
So again, how does Mary tell us we are saved?

At Fatima, Mary says -- "You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Devotion or worship? What does it matter, because she tells us if it's not enough, millions will die in WW2.

It's absurd. Devotion or else? Worship or else?n What's the difference?

This is zero difference. MARY CLEARLY SAYS DEVOTION TO HER SAVES SOULS.

Don't believe me. Believe the Catholic Church and every Pope since 1917.

Oops, I forgot the spin --- you are not "required" to believe it or to trust every Pope since 1917.

#427044 Mar 11, 2013
Have a wonderful week ALL!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#427045 Mar 11, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to see you are back to name-calling and ignoring what was actually written.
Every painting or statue of every human I have ever seen in a Roman Catholic church had --- Caucasian features -- regardless if the medium happened to be light or dark.
I guess that makes me nuts.
What em I suppose to say? you called me a liar, when i nevereven said 80% of our Popes were from Africa. Then you made fun of me.

Here look at Benedict the 15th

wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XV

He does not look like a white guy. I confess.'Dark skin' is probably too steep though.

If you went to Our Lady of Guadalupe Church on Saint Paul's West side (mn), you would see more darker depictions of Christ, Mary and the Apostles. That's because the Church is mostly made up of Mexicans. Other Catholic Church's around the world tend to depict their images that more reflect their community. Its human nature.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#427047 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ask your family and friends to Pray for you or not??
~~~~

The Bibles says to the living...

Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

There are no instructions (giving in the Bible) for the dead praying or making intercession for any one...

If Jesus had not rose again from the grave here on earth..and ascended to be seated at the right hand of the Father..

He could not intercede for us to the Father..

ONLY JESUS Jesus qualifies to intercede in heaven for us...

Mar_14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mar_16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

___

Rom_8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:

but the Spirit itself ( NOT MARY OR THE SAINTS) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom_8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because

--->he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,

who is even at the right hand of God,

who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom_11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Heb_7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

~~~
There is no one else qualified...

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427048 Mar 11, 2013
4 hrs ago i posted a few questions concerning god being just there the uncreated creator,i posted passages the refute that,and no one replied to prove i was wrong in what i posted,that tells me,that as i have been saying all along that the bible is a book of unprovable man created over embelished stories,that have no authenticity.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#427049 Mar 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
The Bibles says to the living...
Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
There are no instructions (giving in the Bible) for the dead praying or making intercession for any one...
If Jesus had not rose again from the grave here on earth..and ascended to be seated at the right hand of the Father..
He could not intercede for us to the Father..
ONLY JESUS Jesus qualifies to intercede in heaven for us...
Mar_14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Mar_16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
___
Rom_8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself ( NOT MARY OR THE SAINTS) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom_8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because
--->he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,
who is even at the right hand of God,
who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom_11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Heb_7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
~~~
There is no one else qualified...
.....so do you ask your family and friends to pray for you or not?

We know from scripture that there are saints in Heaven, who along with the Angels, pray to God before the throne. We know our children have guardian Angels who are in the presence of God....

what else are you demanding the Bible show us?

scripturecatholic.com/saints.html

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#427050 Mar 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Ok Ox. Posting on a forum should at least require 5th grade reading and comprehension skills.
Of course we both know you are just playing with words.
Did you pull girls pony tails repeatedly in grade school?
Any way you cut it....You are calling God ignorant because he gets jealous when He sees an image of Mary holding the crucified Christ!!!!

Shame on you!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Geier 3 min YOUR PATHEDIC 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min dirty white boy- 751,242
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min AussieBobby 261,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Brother James 602,277
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 33 min Power_2014 5
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 42 min shanu 1,073
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 230,109
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr USN Atheist 5,511

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE