Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685532 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#427224 Mar 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Skip the non-Christian texts - I wasn't referring to them. Breathe.....
As for skipping the non-canonical texts like GoThomas, which is only sayings by Jesus, you do disregard them and those are also recorded, so you are still a hypocrite.
<quoted text>
You should be quoting Jesus. I'm not 100% sure, but belief in Jesus ("Isa") is required to be Muslim.
Looks like they have met the qualifier as Oxbow designates, "believe in Jesus".
Maybe you should use his teachings. After all, they too were approved by men to use (Islam), which does fir your "recorded" scenario as well.
What exactly is your point, because you keep voiding it out, by proving by your own words it was an invalid statement.
You really don't understand your religion or others, huh? Sounds like you were handed a Bible and then said to, I'll lead you in the Way.
It didn't work, did it?
<quoted text>
Then don't say you believe in Jesus, when clearly you don't believe in ALL of Jesus.
Oh, I'm keeping "score", you can count on that. FYI - I will call you out on your false assertions, just so that you don't lead others astray from gaining, this thing we refer to as "salvation".
If you want to insult me - please do it through viable and supportive information, because "what comes out of your mouth" will surely be what I will agree to or disagree.
I truly hope you aren't thin-skinned.
:o)
<quoted text>
No I didn't read those posts you say you expressed this "belief" in. Do you have the post number, because I will go look for it and read it.
Man, throwing out the beliefs of men, again? Where does "God" say that any non-canonical text with Christian origins is "un-Christian" to quote?
Why do you follow those men who have specifically described the belief that you believe?
IMO - you should have researched it before joining up and thinking it is all true.
BTW - that would be Self.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
-
FIRST YOU SAY: "Skip the non-Christian texts - I wasn't referring to them"
-
THEN YOU SAY: "You should be quoting Jesus. I'm not 100% sure, but belief in Jesus ("Isa") is required to be Muslim."
-
now this post of yours is wrong on so many levels.
you say I don't believe in Jesus because I don't believe in ALL of Jesus. FYI: The CHRISTIAN Jesus is FAR DIFFERENT than the Muslim Jesus. IOW ... they are not the same person. I believe the Christian Jesus. The Muslims can distort him any way they wish. I won't believe the distorted idea. THEREFORE: I can *throw out* the distorted Jesus, just as I threw out the books I read which EXPLAINED the distorted description of Jesus. Just calling you out on your false assertions. Your expecting me to believe a *lie* as if it is *truth* and telling me my assertion is false ... is more than a little warped in my opinion.
-
There. MY *self* is intact. Yours is all over the place.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#427226 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Cardinals are in the highest positions in their capabilities and they reprent the moral authority of the roman catholic church, why would they have to swear an oath of secrecy? Isn' their word and position good enough?
You were once a "supposed" Catholic and so why are you asking "stupid questions" that you already know the answer to????

United States

#427227 Mar 12, 2013
guest wrote:
-
does this help? All these verses pertain to Jesus, Son of God:
-
Jesus is the firstborn over all creation:
Col. 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
http://bible.cc/colossians/1-15.htm
-
Jesus himself said he was with God before the world began:
John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
http://bible.cc/john/17-5.htm
-
Through Jesus all things were created:
John 1:
2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/1.htm
-
All things have been created through him and for him:
Colossians 1:
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
**added link**
http://bible.cc/colossians/1-16.htm
-
-
jethro8 wrote:
if these passages are true,why are they not mentioned in the book of genesis right away,why is it written hundreds of years later in the N.T.? which i believe are books written to clearify the mistakes (like this one)written in the O.T. i don't buy it,again jesus is god in the flesh on earth,so this theory of a single god does not exist,jesus is a god and his father was a god,jesus is called the son of god so did god had a father like jesus did? very perplexing,it's the chicken or the egg except we're dealing with people,who came first, adam or jesus was jesus a man while in heaven? then sent here as a baby? who walked in the garden of eden? god or jesus? you want your cake and be able to eat it to.if jesus is god on earth then how could he be the father to jesus? that would take two entities to pull it off,and there is suppose to be one.i know your going to tell me in some way that jesus was sent here by god to do his work,and also jesus claims to be the son of god and a king,king of the jews.if jesus (god on earth),how could there be a god in heaven at the same time?? the only rational explanation is more than one entity.
-
-
The NT is not written simply to clarify the OT. We have to realize that the OT is not only history of the Jewish people, but much more.
The OT is rich with history, poetry, lifestyles and everyday struggles of the Jewish people, and - prophecy that Jesus would come from Jewish lineage and what to be on the lookout for in order to know who actually IS the Messiah.
-
There are a few OT verses which point to Christ as Messiah, but, the verses don't tell us his name. They do tell us important information, though, and some of his titles.
-
The following verse tells us that Messiah will be at war with God's adversary, and it's prophecy states that Satan will deliver a blow,(strike his heel) but that Christ will deliver a more permanent blow, the death stroke (crush your head):
-
Genesis 3:16
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."
http://bible.cc/genesis/3-15.htm
-
This verse states that he will rule his people:
Isaiah 9:
6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
http://bible.cc/isaiah/9-6.htm
-
This one you may especially like:
Micah 5:
2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me ONE WHO WILL be RULER over Israel, WHOSE ORIGINS are from of old, FROM ANCIENT TIMES."
http://bible.cc/micah/5-2.htm

-
- I have more if you would like them.
chris

Lafayette, LA

#427228 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter whether its democrat or republicans in power. The shift today is to equality. 125 years ago we had slavery in america, 50 years ago in the USA many americans thought it was just fine that black people drank from different water fountains or had to ride at the back when travelling on a bus. Thank God we have made strides away from that. 90 years ago women in america were not even allowed to vote. Another positive for equality.
The churches themselves have been the biggest culprits in not showing the way with a moral compass. Thousands of children over many years around the world were sexually abused at the hands of some religious men, and covered up by the rest. Shameful!
Today the second money laundering scandal in the catholic church is under investigation. Today 47,000 nuns in america are under investigation by their own church leaders. Does this sound like an organization that is leading the way in morality?
The three biggest challenges today in america is the prolific use of illegal/legal drugs. Obesity, and out of control gun ownership.
In a perfect world if we could eliminate the american desire for drugs our prisons would empty out quickly, and gun crimes would drop substantially.
If someone gets upset because they get bullied or are physically uncomfortable because they weigh 375 pounds then its up to them to stop upsizing their McHappy Meal 5 times a week.
We are all responsible for our actions. I know crime is rampant but I don't associate with people of bad behavior. Something we should all practice, but we don't.
Its all our fault.
with liberal policies rights are removed, slaavery is more rampant than ever, the imposition is different, at least in the past it was out front and honest, integration hasn t improved things for either blacks or whites, if races are equal then thier separatiion for whatever reason is not problematic, integration has been used by government to spread it street drug distribution, if drugs became unavailabele this government would quickly be forcefully overthrown. street gangs are used to commit crime and the stolen property is then property of the police and other government agents, it effects their current system of slavery. further the intimidation of the larger population forces them to purchase insurance which in a civil society would never be necessary,you unfortunatley just believe the great oz and fail to see the man behind the curtain
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#427229 Mar 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The (TRUE INTERPRETATION of the "Word of God" that is proclaimed in and though Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church.---confirmed by Paul in I Tim 3:15 when he calls "The CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!!
It is God's wprd that is true. Jesus said so. It is obviously supposed to be the church(small c), the body of called out BELIEVERS who are to be the 'foundation' and 'pillar' and 'pinnacle'(those things which uphold the truth. Obviously...who but believers(the church)[small c] would you expect to uphold the truth. But the truth that we are to uphold is the 'Word of God', and the 'Word of God' is the Holy Scriptures. Nothing else in all of God's creation is ever referred to as the 'Word of God'. So, since Jesus taught us that we have God's Word, why would anyone trust in anything less?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#427230 Mar 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NOTHING political about it!!!!It is ALL SPIRITUALLY, PRAYFULLY, SUPERNATURALLY AND ECCLESIASTICALLY "discerning" ORIENTED!
Sooooo, that is how you would explain them chosing some of the evil popes of the past. Take of the blinders and face the facts. The TRUTH shall set you free. Quit believing the lies. You are being dishonest and ignorant.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#427231 Mar 12, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley seems to think (and he usually things right) that you are wrong 'that there are many people that you know who are gay'...is just a line of generalities which means a line of bullschidt.
Heterosexuals know very few Queers and avoid their cliques like the plague. If you were to ask ALL non Queers in here if they partook of Queers companies and public esstablishments, you would get a resounding NO.
Remember the words of Our Lord Jesus Christ.."if a man layeth with a man, it would be better if that man tied a millstone around his neck and cast himself into the sea".
I agree with Stanley on this one.
I think you are making up quotes of Jesus. Care to share where we might find this verse?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#427232 Mar 12, 2013
endtime wrote:
----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST
http://youtu.be/Co9oADUSi08
So was the last one.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#427233 Mar 12, 2013

What do you or I think about the Roman Church this is unimportant. What does God think?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#427234 Mar 13, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>It is God's wprd that is true. Jesus said so. It is obviously supposed to be the church(small c), the body of called out BELIEVERS who are to be the 'foundation' and 'pillar' and 'pinnacle'(those things which uphold the truth. Obviously...who but believers(the church)[small c] would you expect to uphold the truth. But the truth that we are to uphold is the 'Word of God', and the 'Word of God' is the Holy Scriptures. Nothing else in all of God's creation is ever referred to as the 'Word of God'. So, since Jesus taught us that we have God's Word, why would anyone trust in anything less?
4GVN-your comments "do not" agree with the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED Words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (Universal) Church, nor do they agree with the meaning of the Greek translation "eclessia" which refers to visible, heirarchiacal and authoritative Church, nor to they agree with Acts 2, beginning with Jesus' first Church at Antioch, headed by the Apostles, with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (again) Acts 2....... Pauls letters to the Churches in Corinth, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Galatia, Collosus, Philippi, ect. were ALL visible, heirarchical, and authoritative Churches---NOT IN ANY WAY-- just an invisible ethreal body of believers,"loosely connected" by faith in the bible alone! Furthermore--there was "no bible" until more than 350 years after Jesus intitiated, formed and established His first Church at Antiocch! The Church came first--then the bible!...Paul (confirms) Jesus Christs visible Church in ! Tim 3:15, when he calls "The Church (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!...... Your "bible only" Protestant (editorialized opinion) of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of your "relative truth" --myths that you and other sola scriptura followers have just plain "made up" ON YOUR OWN!!!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#427235 Mar 13, 2013
>"sola scriptura followers have just plain "made up" ON YOUR OWN!!!"
-
Yet our personal relationship with Jesus is between only ourselves and Jesus. Nobody else can do this for you. You need to develop this relationship yourself thru his word.

>"Acts 2, beginning with Jesus' first Church at Antioch, headed by the Apostles, with Bishops"
-
The churches at Antioch were Nazarene, not Roman. The churches that would become Roman were at Alexandria, Egypt -- two different faiths with two different Bible mss. Jesus had a confrontation with the Samaritan Simon Magus who ran the Alexandrians/Simonians.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#427236 Mar 13, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Sooooo, that is how you would explain them chosing some of the evil popes of the past. Take of the blinders and face the facts. The TRUTH shall set you free. Quit believing the lies. You are being dishonest and ignorant.
Your distorted comments are just a "continuation" of the same old Protestant "bible only" anti-catholic "propaganda" that you 4GVN are "so famous for"! You, my friend, have attained a "monopoly on (what you call)--"lies, dishonesty and ignorance" when it comes to your "bible only" distortion of the TRUTH of the Bible, 2000 years of TRUE Church History, and the writings, documents and authoritative history from the Early Church Fathers and the Apologistic authors--both Catholic and Protestant..... You obviously, are "still dialed into" James McCarthy and Ron Rhodes, which are two of the more "prominent" 21st century "heretical preachers" of Jesus Christs and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church!! Heretics, like these two, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years--YET---Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church, has, is and will continue to LIVE ON!!!

United States

#427237 Mar 13, 2013
4GVN wrote:
It is God's wprd that is true. Jesus said so. It is obviously supposed to be the church(small c), the body of called out BELIEVERS who are to be the 'foundation' and 'pillar' and 'pinnacle'(those things which uphold the truth. Obviously...who but believers(the church)[small c] would you expect to uphold the truth. But the truth that we are to uphold is the 'Word of God', and the 'Word of God' is the Holy Scriptures. Nothing else in all of God's creation is ever referred to as the 'Word of God'. So, since Jesus taught us that we have God's Word, why would anyone trust in anything less?
-
-
hojo wrote:
4GVN-your comments "do not" agree with the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED Words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (Universal) Church, nor do they agree with the meaning of the Greek translation "eclessia" which refers to visible, heirarchiacal and authoritative Church, nor to they agree with Acts 2, beginning with Jesus' first Church at Antioch, headed by the Apostles, with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (again) Acts 2....... Pauls letters to the Churches in Corinth, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Galatia, Collosus, Philippi, ect. were ALL visible, heirarchical, and authoritative Churches---NOT IN ANY WAY-- just an invisible ethreal body of believers,"loosely connected" by faith in the bible alone! Furthermore--there was "no bible" until more than 350 years after Jesus intitiated, formed and established His first Church at Antiocch! The Church came first--then the bible!...Paul (confirms) Jesus Christs visible Church in ! Tim 3:15, when he calls "The Church (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!...... Your "bible only" Protestant (editorialized opinion) of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of your "relative truth" --myths that you and other sola scriptura followers have just plain "made up" ON YOUR OWN!!!
-
-
hojo, do you think Jesus is a liar?

United States

#427238 Mar 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
There is NOTHING political about it!!!!It is ALL SPIRITUALLY, PRAYFULLY, SUPERNATURALLY AND ECCLESIASTICALLY "discerning" ORIENTED!
-
-
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Sooooo, that is how you would explain them chosing some of the evil popes of the past. Take of the blinders and face the facts. The TRUTH shall set you free. Quit believing the lies. You are being dishonest and ignorant.
-
-
Brilliant post, 4GVN!
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were spiritually elected - then the one *evil spirit* must have been involved.
JESUS SAID: "you know them by their fruit
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were prayerfully elected - SOMEBODY was PRAYING to the WRONG DUDE!
-
*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were supernaturally elected - then the supernatural entity involved HAD TO BE evil.
-

*IF* indeed the *evil popes* were ecclesiastically elected - the ecclesiastic members must have been evil, too.
-
.... indeed the *evil popes* were were NOT and anomaly.
-
INDEED! THE EVIL POPES DID NOT DEVIATE FROM WHAT IS STANDARD IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC HIERARCHY.
-
in the Catholic church we have the protection and cover-up of pedophile priests as proof of this assertion.
How very sad.
-
-
http://bible.cc/2_corinthians/4-4.htm
2 Corinthians 4:
4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
-
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
-
-
-
-
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#427239 Mar 13, 2013
And now for our romanist; a Bible study..........

Who are saved in the end:

Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."

Rev.22:14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

Who are lost:

Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Besides this list of sinners we are given another description of the lost - those with the mark of the beast; that is to say, those who follow the beast instead of God.

Revelation 19:20 "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

If this symbolism is all "greek" to you then you are simply in the wrong church.

The beast - are empires, the final empire being Rome (Daniel 7)

The false prophet - synonymous with the harlot (Rev 17) or Roman Church.

The image of the beast - the holy roman empire was replaced by the new world order we see on the back of the dollar and United Nations world govt - founded & ran by romanist.

truth

Perth, Australia

#427240 Mar 13, 2013
they set up before you say that words..for them its not very importened did you say or what as sin

bion cion dion fion gion hion jion kion lion mion nion pion qion rion sion tion vion xion yion zion..

i just see
nion

its stay under japaneze..where near train station

why
trai=brain=mind
do you understood speed where
there where i say your law is not my law..i liked respect as i could..i am sorry i don't liked hurt you..please understood..
''time as well space''
heaven=nevaeh
Creator left law in space and time which others try posess for themself..
is deference between law now as well future..
please understood me..
nion
if you liked say i like be king..its croos speed of mind train=as rain=fall
now
do you liked me or not i am not care..
corupt media is liars..don't listen them..no

now
words like
train rain king
speed

i see direction today as destruction show
as i see ''i trust in you''jesus
now
i see future..not to much just tiny
i am very tired
i don't wanted go any more around i see
240 page i drove wrote within 3x few hours..
i see whats will be happened..

you judge me wronglly
you accusse me

be bless be bless be bless
i will pray for ordinary people
not to happen

if i could i will wrote tiny but poor book..
i will give someone person which i liked..
when you looking over on front much more years and years 10 20 25 50 100 200 years on front
what you will do..?

usually corupt live on life of others who suffer or sacrifice themself for something or someone but don't return nothing for themself

my tears go now..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#427241 Mar 13, 2013
you think revelation wrote who which apostol..

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#427242 Mar 13, 2013
i am going now over cross river..
i calculated number 999 over river
over train 666

meaning for 666 and 999
for two place not far away from each other
but who represent what where why when how and so on..

you judge me dont you

its ok i f are you

i am not care for corupt people

i don't wanted nothing for myself
not to be rich or popular

better be poor

i will pray for my accusers
abusers judges too
be bless
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#427243 Mar 13, 2013
after all who they are..
truth

Perth, Australia

#427246 Mar 13, 2013
art as overshadow hi chine
hi hi hi
are you find meaning
noooooooo
why nottttttttttttttt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Jeb Stewart 24,926
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min DENG 39,257
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 58 min Gray Box 1,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 985,597
Sade and Mel Blanc 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,285
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web