Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,498
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#426731 Mar 9, 2013
you not going convince me
not at all
i am myself
so what
please tell me
about our lovely God

-not see
-not hear
who do that
who speak about peace but ignore

now
my lovely God lift l if t
see 12=1+2=3 i=9 f=6 1963
please tell me
why i am wrong

i am going see that buildings
confess your sin=pardon error
truth

Perth, Australia

#426732 Mar 9, 2013
lift
l=12 1+2=3 i=9 f=6

one key up
other down with your o'clock

after when i find
your 4 angels

please tell me
about fish
how many big how many small
how many golden
i mean its pattern

can i sleep
nooooooooooooo
Clay

United States

#426733 Mar 9, 2013
alessandro alfieri wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words: "There is no guarantee of salvation for any of us. Infant or adult. I'm sorry if you think that we think our babies are automatically going to Heaven because we baptized them with water."
Anyone who has just been baptized, infant or adult, and dies before committing any personal sins is guaranteed heaven. Now if you meant to say that baptism is efficacious due to Christ's death and resurrection, then say that, because what you did say is incorrect. No need to get on your high horse. You are more cordial to those who call you "moron" than those who are trying to help you out. Maybe you think you are going to get them to take a second look at the CC if you are nice to them. Forget it. All you are doing is providing an audience for their trash. They love it. Good luck.
You probably shouldn't have jumped into a middle of a conversation. That's why it looked like what I said was misleading. I didn't feel the need to explain the obvious.
I believe the person I was talking to (which was not you) knew I meant when the Baby GETS OLDER. Not the Baby where they are at.

Fyi, I'm nicer to them then most Catholics are because I Love them and pity em at the same time.
. I don't believe for one second that any of them will suddenly stop and become Catholic. Believe me you, that is furthest from the truth. They been presented with enough arguments that clearly show their error - a thousand times over.
The fact is, people are still spreading falsehoods about the Holy Catholic Church and some are buying get this deception. If we Catholics stand up and proclaim the truth, no matter the setting or the ear listening, its not a waste of time.
marge

Ames, IA

#426734 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why you're quoting Pauls epistle to the Ephesians here.
This letter was believed written around 65 AD while Paul was imprisoned in Rome. Its theme is Church unity in the Universal (Catholic) Church in Ephesus. Above, Paul is reminding them of the reality of spiritual warfare. That's why its important to stay united.
2,000 yrs later, you appear to be taking this Epistle and somehow applying it to your fantasy battle against the Catholic Church?
I pray not. You'd be sinning for using this letter for any ideology you concocted.
I apologize if I'm wrong, maybe you could clarify why you cited Holy Scripture like that..
hey Clay, I want you to see how important the 'Word of God' is, especially in rufuting error, this explains it better than i could;

The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; the word of God is compared to a "sword", for its two edges, the law and Gospel; the one convicts of sin, and cuts to the heart for it, and the other cuts down all the goodliness of man; and the Scriptures in general are a sharp sword, in convincing of sin, reproving for it, and threatening with wrath and ruin, in refuting error and heresy, and repelling Satan's temptations, and will be used in the destruction of antichrist: and this word may be called "the sword of the Spirit", because it is not carnal, but of a spiritual nature; and is used by the spiritual man; and because the Holy Spirit, as the Ethiopic version here expresses it, is the author of it; and which he furnishes the saints with, and teaches them how to make use of, and makes it powerful and effectual. Gill
Clay

United States

#426735 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Clay, I want you to see how important the 'Word of God' is, especially in rufuting error, this explains it better than i could;
The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; the word of God is compared to a "sword", for its two edges, the law and Gospel; the one convicts of sin, and cuts to the heart for it, and the other cuts down all the goodliness of man; and the Scriptures in general are a sharp sword, in convincing of sin, reproving for it, and threatening with wrath and ruin, in refuting error and heresy, and repelling Satan's temptations, and will be used in the destruction of antichrist: and this word may be called "the sword of the Spirit", because it is not carnal, but of a spiritual nature; and is used by the spiritual man; and because the Holy Spirit, as the Ethiopic version here expresses it, is the author of it; and which he furnishes the saints with, and teaches them how to make use of, and makes it powerful and effectual. Gill
The sword of Spirit is the 'word of God' or The word of God is the 'sword of Spirit'?

Either way, why do you think the 'word of God' is only that which was put down in writing? Do you have a bible verse to support that?

And were you using Pauls epistle on Universal Church unity, to apply it against the Universal Church? That's the part that baffles me because its obviously sinful to sling those passages around to stick em wherever you personal want.
marge

Ames, IA

#426736 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
2,000 yrs later, you appear to be taking this Epistle and somehow applying it to your fantasy battle against the Catholic Church?
I pray not. You'd be sinning for using this letter for any ideology you concocted.
I apologize if I'm wrong, maybe you could clarify why you cited Holy Scripture like that..
No Clay not a fantasy battle but a real one against All that is False.

The word of God serves both for attack and to parry the thrusts of the enemy. Thus Christ used it in His temptation.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426737 Mar 9, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like one sorry bastard with not a soul to share your burdens. Waddsamadda, not enough money to carry on. Gave up on goin' to church didJa when they refused to allow your hand to go near the collection box!!!....and never mind the discrepencies in 'your count' and the actual collection....at the back of the Church when it came time to addUP the days count. You were't too bad at helpin' old ladies across the streets though, albeit you got $1.46 for each trip.
Ollie has it from very reliable sources that you live in the basement apartment that you rent off some farmer's outHouse.
Not only that, Stanley firmly believes that the only education that you have is that which you gleaned from the ILK that tossed swill over the rails of your pigPen.
When it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.
P.T. Barnum and Bailey would have made a fortune off of you. More the pity.
Go Figure.
tis and the mind ent merit of gruntry from when wear the pangs of us pangs of outraveller 'tis quietural come when he dothe ressor's ther in thousand the sling afterprises us respect thought himself mind natural shocks the pale calamity opposing ent we ent makes us rath man's coil, must give under deat unwortune, and thought his quieturns, when wear, that sleep; no momethis quietus for with a sling a life, or no trageousand sweat pith that is ressor's the whips againsole

Location hidden

#426738 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Let your 'word play' with Holy Scriptures stand before God one day. Don't get me to participate in this sin.
If you believe in your heart that you're saved because you read it, than I guess someone shouldn't have told you to privately interpret the scriptures.
we still have free will Ox, we can reject God anytime we want, before or after you read Bible passages.
You said we have no guarantee of Salvation. I showed you multiple verses that guarantees just that...

So...answer the question...Are you calling Him a liar!!!!

Location hidden

#426739 Mar 9, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Geeeeez.
Stanley and I have you so hot and bothered now that you just keep hittin' that enter key on the same massage (sic).
No worries, though. There's more where that came from.
One thing we will say about you though and that is you are consistant. You remain fulla schidt to the eyeballs.
We also suggest that you use 7-ply toilet tissue. Your schidty fingers are stinkin' up the Forum. You could also do with 'shavin' yer arseHole.
...and why don'tCha haul down that condom that has been hanging out of your arseHole for the past 6 eeks.
Such things say a whole lot about you.
Stanley seems to think so.
tis and the mind ent merit of gruntry from when wear the pangs of us pangs of outraveller 'tis quietural come when he dothe ressor's ther in thousand the sling afterprises us respect thought himself mind natural shocks the pale calamity opposing ent we ent makes us rath man's coil, must give under deat unwortune, and thought his quieturns, when wear, that sleep; no momethis quietus for with a sling a life, or no trageousand sweat pith that is ressor's the whips againsole

Location hidden

#426740 Mar 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"There is no guarantee of salvation for any of us"
So you do not believe that the Bible is true...That the promises of God are fallible...If you do not believe God's word... then you have a real problem.
for it says...
2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
___
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
___
A Born again believer should have no fellowship with you...
2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
___
So you You think JESUS lied when He said...
Joh_6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
DO You believe That John 3:16 is a myth???
oh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in begotten Son of God.
THE UNBELIEVER IS INCLUDED ....RIGHT IN WITH THE MURDERERS
READ WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS...
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and ===> UNBELIEVING,<=== and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Truer words were never spoken!!!!

Location hidden

#426741 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't dodge my question or hide behind Bible verses.
Can you reject God or not?
Yes you can. The only guarantee of salvation is if you cooperate with God.
A Baby who is baptized can grow up to reject God.
So can you, me and everyone else.
You said we have no guarantee of Salvation. I showed you multiple verses that guarantees just that...

Location hidden

#426742 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't reject the Bible. I reject your interpretations and countless other Confrints that came before you and will come after you.
I embrace the Church and her interpretations of the Bible. That's the responsible thing to do, since the NT is a result of her authority and it was gathered, complied and labeled for us, by them even though Our Lord Jesus Christ nor His Apostles never commanded we produce a Bible. Right?
You can't put a false label on the Bible and use it for your own private weapon against the Church. That's a sin.

Location hidden

#426743 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you missed my point.
I hope you don't feel you corrected me. Baptism is necessary for salvation. Yes. For those that
heard the gospel its necessary to get baptized.
God is not bound by that.
Nobody is guaranteed salvation just for getting
baptized. Adolph Hitler was baptized.
I wasn't talking about an infant who dies.

Clay

United States

#426744 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No Clay not a fantasy battle but a real one against All that is False.
The word of God serves both for attack and to parry the thrusts of the enemy. Thus Christ used it in His temptation.
Christ definitely quoted from the Hebrew OT.

Where does the Bible say 'the word of God' is only which is written down? You're going to have to provide something in order to believe that.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#426745 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ definitely quoted from the Hebrew OT.
Where does the Bible say 'the word of God' is only which is written down? You're going to have to provide something in order to believe that.
The better question Clay, is 'what else in all of God's creation makes the claim of being the very "WORD OF GOD"?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#426746 Mar 9, 2013
Gunslinger wrote:
Hell, I've been saying that Catholics are the only folks who do not piss God off for three months now. About time the Pope picked up on my lead.
If you were any dumber, you'd have to be be fed Miracle-Gro and watered twice a week.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426747 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably shouldn't have jumped into a middle of a conversation. That's why it looked like what I said was misleading. I didn't feel the need to explain the obvious.
I believe the person I was talking to (which was not you) knew I meant when the Baby GETS OLDER. Not the Baby where they are at.
Fyi, I'm nicer to them then most Catholics are because I Love them and pity em at the same time.
. I don't believe for one second that any of them will suddenly stop and become Catholic. Believe me you, that is furthest from the truth. They been presented with enough arguments that clearly show their error - a thousand times over.
The fact is, people are still spreading falsehoods about the Holy Catholic Church and some are buying get this deception. If we Catholics stand up and proclaim the truth, no matter the setting or the ear listening, its not a waste of time.
Clay< I know God does not put infants into hell. I also know all who are born of the Holy Spirit (rebirth) will aslo enter into heaven.
I know this because Jesus died for all sins. past, present, and future sins.
For me to be talking to you about thee spiritual things of God if fruitless, because you are not born again.
Water baptism is not salvation , Baptism in the Holy Spirit is.
It is the Baptism of Jesus that saves, not the Baptism of John the Baptist.
You can not recieve the Gospel of Christ because you are deaf to it.
Jesus said for those who have ears let them hear
Mark 4:9 King James Bible
And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear

Matthew 11:15 He who has ears, let him hear

----------
Mark 4:23 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."
----------
Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
----------
Revelation 2:11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Let he who has ear hear what the spirit says to the church, Jesus was talking to them about a spiritual Church not a worldly church,
only those who are born again in the Spirit of Almighty God can hear the Gospel preached because it from the Holy Spirit,
Just as Jesus told Peter:

King James Bible
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Clay

United States

#426748 Mar 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. Scram. Go annoy someone else.
There is no biblical teaching that can guarantee salvation based on that particular passage.

Jesus Christ says "He who endures to the end, will be saved"

If you think any other passage guarantees salvation then you're wrong. You can become 'born again' during your alter call, but that don't guarantee your salvation. You need to cooperate and endure til your death.

I don't feel comfortable participating in your silly word games with sacred scripture. So do me a favor and just believe as you wish. Don't get me involved with your sin.
Clay

United States

#426749 Mar 9, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The better question Clay, is 'what else in all of God's creation makes the claim of being the very "WORD OF GOD"?
Good question. My Bible doesn't claim its the word of God.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426750 Mar 9, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>'They' are NOT Roman Catholics.
Full Stop.
What do you mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min yon 3,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min lil whispers 601,091
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 739,473
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min KiMare 95,502
Word association game (Aug '08) 9 min Kid_Tomorrow 53,314
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Porkpie Hat 259,498
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Eagle 12 227,501
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Joana 150
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Chris Clearwater 173,683

Top Stories People Search