Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,582
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426751 Mar 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>

Prove it.
In other words....

hojo writes:
"I ain't got nuttin'. So I'll continue to believe in this, until you can show me otherwise. Ha!!"

*sighs*

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426752 Mar 9, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Discount Holy Water....
http://www.discountcatholicproducts.com/Holy-...
No vampires guaranteed.
But will it get rid of evil ants, roaches, or witches?
Strike it rich off of Jesus!! ACT NOW!!
marge

Ames, IA

#426753 Mar 9, 2013
"Is not my Word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?
marge

Ames, IA

#426754 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. My Bible doesn't claim its the word of God.
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words;
that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426755 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ definitely quoted from the Hebrew OT.
Where does the Bible say 'the word of God' is only which is written down? You're going to have to provide something in order to believe that.
Whadda bout it Clay???

You said we have no guarantee of Salvation. I showed you multiple verses that guarantees just that...

So...answer the question...Are you calling Him a liar!!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426756 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch. I think you just showed me something that you think condemns me to hell.
You frightened me Marge, where do I do my alter call?

Im being facetious i admit.

I of course reject your interpretations of sacred scripture, but don't feel left out, I reject all heretics before you and after you too.
I respect and love sacred scripture so much so, that I will not stray from the Church that Jesus Christ started, by going my own separate path and designing my own Christianity.

What do you think the consequences are for those that stray from what the Apostles taught, to form their own Christianity?

Location hidden

#426757 Mar 9, 2013
748 686 656
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. Scram. Go annoy someone else.
There is no biblical teaching that can guarantee salvation based on that particular passage.
Jesus Christ says "He who endures to the end, will be saved"
If you think any other passage guarantees salvation then you're wrong. You can become 'born again' during your alter call, but that don't guarantee your salvation. You need to cooperate and endure til your death.
I don't feel comfortable participating in your silly word games with sacred scripture. So do me a favor and just believe as you wish. Don't get me involved with your sin.
I didn't????!!!...what do you call this:

my post 656

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation by infant Baptism? There is no guarantee of salvation for any of us. Infant or adult. I'm sorry if you think that we think our babies are automatically going to Heaven because we baptized them with water.
------

You say God did not guarantee Salvation??? Are you calling Him a liar!!!!

Mt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Ac 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ac 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Ro 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Ro 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Answer the question....are you saying God is a liar!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426758 Mar 9, 2013
alessandro alfieri wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words: "There is no guarantee of salvation for any of us. Infant or adult. I'm sorry if you think that we think our babies are automatically going to Heaven because we baptized them with water."
Anyone who has just been baptized, infant or adult, and dies before committing any personal sins is guaranteed heaven. Now if you meant to say that baptism is efficacious due to Christ's death and resurrection, then say that, because what you did say is incorrect. No need to get on your high horse. You are more cordial to those who call you "moron" than those who are trying to help you out. Maybe you think you are going to get them to take a second look at the CC if you are nice to them. Forget it. All you are doing is providing an audience for their trash. They love it. Good luck.
Don't get me wrong Allessandro, I appreciate you taking the time to post the Catechism on this subject, because you honestly thought i was in error. That's my fault because I didn't make it clear on that particular post.
I don't mind any Catholic who publicly corrects me if I'm wrong.(ask Dust Storm). This stuff is to serious for any of us to let an ego get in the way. I'm not a canon lawyer, but do believe I 'get it right' most of the time. Fr. Dye and Anthony had to remind me of my errors once or twice. It's totally welcomed. We gotta be as humble as possible. I think its good you did it.
I raced thru my post and left out that I was speaking of the infant in a future tense when that 'infant' will grow up and sin.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426759 Mar 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Whadda bout it Clay???
You said we have no guarantee of Salvation. I showed you multiple verses that guarantees just that...
So...answer the question...Are you calling Him a liar!!!!
We gotta cooperate with all of it, OX. That's the only guarantee.

So no, Christ is not a liar. You are.

Here, instead of trying to trap me with your stupid word play (you already are aware with how I stand)
Read it from the Catechism and you can be assured as God as my witness, I will not stray from Church teachings. Ok?

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/arc hive/catechism/p2s2c1a1.htm

also you might be interested in:
catholic.com/tracts/salvation-outside-the-chu...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426760 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the stuff Jesus said and did that are not recorded in the NT? Is that still the word of God to you?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426761 Mar 9, 2013
Why should we read the Bible / study the Bible?"

Answer: We should read and study the Bible because it is God's Word to us. The Bible is literally "God-breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16). In other words, it is God's very words to us. There are so many questions that philosophers have asked that God answers for us in Scripture. What is the purpose to life? Where did I come from? Is there life after death? How do I get to heaven? Why is the world full of evil? Why do I struggle to do good? In addition to these "big" questions, the Bible gives much practical advice in areas such as: What do I look for in a mate? How can I have a successful marriage? How can I be a good friend? How can I be a good parent? What is success and how do I achieve it? How can I change? What really matters in life? How can I live so that I do not look back with regret? How can I handle the unfair circumstances and bad events of life victoriously?

We should read and study the Bible because it is totally reliable and without error. The Bible is unique among so-called "holy" books in that it does not merely give moral teaching and say, "Trust me." Rather, we have the ability to test it by checking the hundreds of detailed prophecies that it makes, by checking the historical accounts it records, and by checking the scientific facts it relates. Those who say the Bible has errors have their ears closed to the truth. Jesus once asked which is easier to say, "Your sins are forgiven you," or "Rise, take up your bed and walk." Then He proved He had the ability to forgive sins (something we cannot see with our eyes) by healing the paralytic (something those around Him could test with their eyes). Similarly, we are given assurance that God's Word is true when it discusses spiritual areas that we cannot test with our senses by showing itself true in those areas that we can test, such as historical accuracy, scientific accuracy, and prophetic accuracy.

cont
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426762 Mar 9, 2013
We should read and study the Bible because God does not change and because mankind's nature does not change; it is as relevant for us as it was when it was written. While technology changes, mankind's nature and desires do not change. We find, as we read the pages of biblical history, that whether we are talking about one-on-one relationships or societies, "there is nothing new under the sun" (Ecclesiastes 1:9). And while mankind as a whole continues to seek love and satisfaction in all of the wrong places, God—our good and gracious Creator—tells us what will bring us lasting joy. His revealed Word, the Bible, is so important that Jesus said of it, "Man does not live on bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4). In other words, if we want to live life to the fullest, as God intended, we must listen to and heed God's written Word.

We should read and study the Bible because there is so much false teaching. The Bible gives us the measuring stick by which we can distinguish truth from error. It tells us what God is like. To have a wrong impression of God is to worship an idol or false god. We are worshiping something that He is not. The Bible tells us how one truly gets to heaven, and it is not by being good or by being baptized or by anything else we do (John 14:6; Ephesians 2:1-10; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10-18, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9-13). Along this line, God's Word shows us just how much God loves us (Romans 5:6-8; John 3:16). And it is in learning this that we are drawn to love Him in return (1 John 4:19).

The Bible equips us to serve God (2 Timothy 3:17; Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12). It helps us know how to be saved from our sin and its ultimate consequence (2 Timothy 3:15). Meditating on God’s Word and obeying its teachings will bring success in life (Joshua 1:8; James 1:25). God’s Word helps us see sin in our lives and helps us get rid of it (Psalm 119:9, 11). It gives us guidance in life, making us wiser than our teachers (Psalm 32:8, 119:99; Proverbs 1:6). The Bible keeps us from wasting years of our lives on that which does not matter and will not last (Matthew 7:24-27).

Reading and studying the Bible helps us see beyond the attractive "bait" to the painful "hook" in sinful temptations, so that we can learn from others' mistakes rather than making them ourselves. Experience is a great teacher, but when it comes to learning from sin, it is a terribly hard teacher. It is so much better to learn from others' mistakes. There are so many Bible characters to learn from, some of whom can serve as both positive and negative role models at different times in their lives. For example, David, in his defeat of Goliath, teaches us that God is greater than anything He asks us to face (1 Samuel 17), while his giving in to the temptation to commit adultery with Bathsheba reveals just how long-lasting and terrible the consequences of a moment's sinful pleasure can be (2 Samuel 11).

The Bible is a book that is not merely for reading. It is a book for studying so that it can be applied. Otherwise, it is like swallowing food without chewing and then spitting it back out again—no nutritional value is gained by it. The Bible is God's Word. As such, it is as binding as the laws of nature. We can ignore it, but we do so to our own detriment, just as we would if we ignored the law of gravity. It cannot be emphasized strongly enough just how important the Bible is to our lives. Studying the Bible can be compared to mining for gold. If we make little effort and merely "sift through the pebbles in a stream," we will only find a little gold dust. But the more we make an effort to really dig into it, the more reward we will gain for our effort.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426763 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the stuff Jesus said and did that are not recorded in the NT? Is that still the word of God to you?
Clay: the bible is God breathed; I just posted many scriptures to prove it. but you still won't recieve it as truth because you can't.
Clay

United States

#426764 Mar 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay: the bible is God breathed; I just posted many scriptures to prove it. but you still won't recieve it as truth because you can't.
Oh no dear.. I receive the Bible as truth, interpreted for us the Church that told us its scripture. You're looking for me to accept your sects interpretations (which change from generation to generation). I'm sorry, I just can't do it. You require complete and utter ignorance to see the books your way. That in itself is a sin.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426765 Mar 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words....
hojo writes:
"I ain't got nuttin'. So I'll continue to believe in this, until you can show me otherwise. Ha!!"
*sighs*
Sorry to "burst your (bible only)(bubble), but I/We as Catholics have "EVERYTHING"------- and it is ALL in the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH ..........found only) in Jesus Christ...... which is manifested (ONLY) in and through--- His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....... Over 2000 years of PROVEN Church History (confirms it), the TRUE interpretation of the Bible (verifies it) and Paul, in 1 Timothy 3:15 (clearly (validates it), that "the Church (not the bible only) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!----It is your "editorial opinionated" (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity that "ain't got nuttin"......... except..... one bible contradicting (interpetation) "after another"----- 42,000 inconsistencies--at last count!!!!---YOU CAN HAVE IT!!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!---Been there and done that "heretical (Protestant) nonsense" for over 35 years, until coming to the TRUTH of Salvation in Jesus Christ!!!!

Location hidden

#426766 Mar 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We gotta cooperate with all of it, OX. That's the only guarantee.
So no, Christ is not a liar. You are.
Here, instead of trying to trap me with your stupid word play (you already are aware with how I stand)
Read it from the Catechism and you can be assured as God as my witness, I will not stray from Church teachings. Ok?
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/arc hive/catechism/p2s2c1a1.htm
also you might be interested in:
catholic.com/tracts/salvation-outside-the-chu...
Show me the Scripture that says "You will be saved if you cooperate!!!"

I showed you a multitude of verses that shows God promises us Salvation...You called Him a liar when you said "There is no guarantee of Salvation"...

When you appear before Christ at the Great White Throne you can tell Him that to His face...

United States

#426767 Mar 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
-
-
Clay wrote:
Oh no dear.. I receive the Bible as truth, interpreted for us the Church that told us its scripture. You're looking for me to accept your sects interpretations (which change from generation to generation). I'm sorry, I just can't do it. You require complete and utter ignorance to see the books your way. That in itself is a sin.
-
Clay: "You require complete and utter ignorance to see the books your way. That in itself is a sin."
-
Clay, the Catholic church is what changes from generation to generation, you know? The simple fact that the church is no longer murdering and torturing "heretics" shows that it *changes*.
But, they saw the books "one way" at that time .. and now see them a "different way" in this day.... but it's all fine and good according to Catholicism ...'cuz the POPE is the infallible interpreter of scripture. go figure!

United States

#426768 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
-
-
Clay wrote:
-
So, Clay ... you present your church and your leaders as the *expert* on all things Christian.
-
So tell us - and be specific - What ABOUT the stuff Jesus said and did that are NOT RECORDED in the NT?

Location hidden

#426769 Mar 9, 2013
667 663

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is required to get baptized, yes.
It is good that we believe, but did Satan and the devils also believe? Then God's people must also obey. Satan does his own thing and does not obey God.
When a new believer becomes converted their first chance straightaway they seek baptism.
"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:5
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16.
"One Lord, one faith, one baptism." Ephesians 4:5
Baptism is symbolic of the resurrection..
"Buried with him in baptism, wherein also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12
"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.... knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:4-6

----------

"Believe" translated from the Greek word "pisteuo", defined as: to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication, to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ):--believe(-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

Now really!!!! Do you really believe that Satan has ever had faith in Christ..that he entrusted his spiritual well-being to Christ???

----------

Where are you...I am awaiting your answer!!!!!!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426770 Mar 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
if YOU were so bright, yourself, you'd have waited before launching in on 'truth'.
-
if you were bright you would have observed how 'truth' is treated by the other members.
-
truth has problems communicating for a number of reasons. all of which are not 'truth's' fault.
-
Capisce?
If you know so much about this character 'truth' as you seem to know, then you should have shown him / her some kindness a long, long time ago and explained the simplicity of replying to a message making it more meaningful by having it directed to the one actually intended. Yes!!!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, both yourself 'guest' and 'truth' are NOT True Members of TOPIX Forums as you have BLACK Monikers. As such, you should stand in obeyance and forever hold your peace.

Stanley says he believes that anyone who shows up with a BLACK moniker are full of schidt to the eyeballs. He was so right about you.

...Take 'truth' to the doctor and have the doctor inspect his arseHole. He (the doctor) might come up with something.

..Such as hauling down 'truth's' head from being stuck inside it for so long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 778,840
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 265,482
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 50 min Swedenforever 96
My wife want mee to peeing her mouth every time... 57 min vicky9669 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 37,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 605,359
Moses never existed 1 hr thewordofme 838
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,923
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 21 hr risque 137
More from around the web