Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,156
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
chris

Lafayette, LA

#426598 Mar 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes truth,your existence is finished,your spirit dies along with your body,all your senses stop working,no thought process,no nothing just an empty shell exists and is buried an decays away,and your replaced by a younger new person. out with the old in with the new,that is the system evolution created,and it works fine.so get out and enjoy your time here and stop worrying about dying and this heaven stuff it doesn't matter your not going to know anyway,with no brain function/thought process.
that s what the bible says

United States

#426599 Mar 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
{QUOTE who="Oxbow"}577
I do not find Scripture that says: Be baptized and be saved...
I do not find Scripture that says: Be baptized and receive Christ..
I do not find scripture that says: Your parents can present you to the church so you can receive Christ.
Can you help me????
I am waiting....
-
{QUOTE who="confrinting with the word"}
Jesus said, "He that BELIEVETH and is Baptized shall be saved." Thus faith and baptism are a combination.
Babies do not 'believe' until they can choose to believe.
-
-
Clay wrote:
You guys will first need to prove that Baptism needs to be spelled out in detail in Holy Scriptures.
If you can do that, then you can come at The Catholic Church, swinging your accusations of improper practices by them.
-
it's most interesting that the Roman Catholic church leaders and its followers JUST CANNOT BELIEVE that God knows what he is doing.
-
so
they
have
to
*fix*
things.
-
never mind that it is the RCC who fails to understand - that's not the point with Catholics. That's not important.
-
Jesus said, Matthew 28.19: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
-
God knows what he is doing. The Catholic church does not know, though they *pretend* to have some special access to the mind of God through the Pope ex cathedra.
-
Jesus said, "Call no man father." BY GOING AGAINST WHAT JESUS CLEARLY TAUGHT ... the RCC is TELLING THE WORLD THEY DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT JESUS TAUGHT.
So then it stands to reason: Why bother?
-
short answer?.... money and power.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#426600 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys will first need to prove that Baptism needs to be spelled out in detail in Holy Scriptures.
If you can do that, then you can come at The Catholic Church, swinging your accusations of improper practices by them.
~~~

If you wont believe Jesus..

then what we say ...TO YOU ..will be as old wives tales

and we are just wasting out time...

It is as Father Abraham told the Rich man that was in hell...

___

When the rich man said to Father Abraham...

Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but -->if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.<--

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

___

JESUS HAS COME FORTH UNTO YOU FROM THE DEAD...AND YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS

ARE NOT PERSUADED ..

YOU ALL IGNORE JESUS' WORDS OF TRUTH...

FABRICATE AND FOLLOW YOUR OWN...FABLES...

Location hidden

#426601 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
There is no record of Jesus baptizing Children...
He blessed them and said..
Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer/allow little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
~~~
Jesus put believing before baptism...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
On the day of Pentecost Peter preached...
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
In Peter's message to the house of Cornelius,...the first gentiles to receive the Gospel.
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 ==> To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. <==
___
In the account of Philip and the Ethiopian. Eunuch
Philip required Him to believe first
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37 And Philip said,===> If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. <===
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Which proves what I said:

<quoted text>
I do not find scripture that says: Your parents can present you to the church so you can receive Christ.

#426602 Mar 8, 2013
who="Dan"
So, Christ willfully excludes children from Heaven by requiring them to make an altar call before Baptism. Despite Him saying "do not hinder them".
This is your assertion?

Children are not saved or lost by baptism. Multitudes of children die without baptism if they are born to irreligious parents or societies. God does not condemn them if some adult does not baptize them; they cannot baptize themselves.

However, as a child matures, he/she is to CHOOSE to love God...or to reject Him. If he/she rejects God baptism will not 'save' him/her.

God is our FATHER, not a cruel tyrant.

Location hidden

#426603 Mar 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, "My problem was cured when I left my "bible only" (whatever each person believes is the truth) self- interpretation of the bible!(or better yet--MIS-interpretation..... Listening to you "fundies" interpret the bible is like reading the "editorial section" of a local newspaper, "One opinion after another",----just like the same old (self-opinionated)"gibber ish" that you keep "throwing out" on this forum, as in your own "desperation" and "failure in "making up your own Church history or in the (rewrite of history)- attempting to change 2000 years of the TRUE and PROVEN biblical History of the Church-(in Matthew 16)-----Jesus Christs One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic Church...... Acts 2 verifies the Church as heirarchical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons ----Paul confirms Jesus'(authoritative) Church in I Timothy 3:15 "The Church (not the bible) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"...As usual Ox, you continue to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about--which comes as "no surprise to ANY of us Catholics.

Your babbling changes not the facts:

You have a problem that is not curable!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible...Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation.

Ain't nothin' said bout the Catlicks....

Location hidden

#426604 Mar 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading the bible instead of "holding your breath"! You just might learn something!--------(Specificall y JESUS CHRISTS OWN SPOKEN WORDS in Matthew 16 His Church and John 6 His True Body and Blood!!

437 408
I am still waiting......but...I am not holding my breath....
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

#426605 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
“the forbearance of God waited in the days of Noah building a ship unto which a few, these are eight souls were saved through water. This is also an antitype, baptism now saves us, not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the request of a good conscience unto God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,”(1 Pet. 3:20-21).

Perhaps you did not read Peter 3:20-21 my friend.

Location hidden

#426606 Mar 8, 2013
593 577 481
who="Oxbow"]577
Can you help me????
I am waiting....
Jesus said, "He that BELIEVETH and is Baptized shall be saved." Thus faith and baptism are a combination.
Babies do not 'believe' until they can choose to believe.
Yes...but....first is believeth....without "believeth" all you have is a wet person...

You have from my mouth taken my words "Babies do not 'believe' until they can choose to believe."....

But Catholics get around this roadblock....they go the proxy way!!!!

Which is not supported by the Bible...but that don't matter to Catholics...the pope says, God got it wrong!!!....and that seals it!!!!

Location hidden

#426607 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple comment and question:
Infant Baptism was practiced as early as anyone can remember in Christianity. There is no record of it 'suddenly' changing from adults to infant. It was both and always was there. Period.
Question: Who authorized you to change this, Confrint? Don't you comprehend at all, that you may be over stepping your bounds and could be held accountable for this someday?
if Christ wants parents to bring forth their infants to get baptized in Christianity, like all the first Christians were led to believe, and you, Ox and Chuck are attempting to prevent this from happening, do you still think you're 'saved'?
There is no Scripture that teaches opposite of: Jesus said, "He that BELIEVETH and is Baptized shall be saved." Thus faith and baptism are a combination.

From Scripture above...irrefutable Truth!!! Quote: Babies do not 'believe' until they can choose to believe.
7TH Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#426608 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote..
I sometimes have to really strive to bring this flesh under subjection. As they say..the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
You have a promise in God's word, that you will not be tempted above that you can bear.
It reads
1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful,
who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation
also make a way to escape,
that ye may be able to bear it.
When and if you have an overwhelming temptation....then I would
recommend that you find a genuine/real Christian that can pray a prayer
of deliverance over/for you.
I would further recommend that you be very careful whom you choose, to
pray a prayer of deliverance...
Not every thing that glitters is a genuine diamond. there is a lot of
paste around.
Well get to praying for heveans sake, Don't just sit there man.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426609 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
450 398
<quoted text>
Calling me a liar does not change the facts:
Priestly celibacy is somethin I think will be overturned in my lifetime."
Further proof that even Catholics know that their "church" does not always teach per Scripture...If celibacy was based on the Bible...it would never change...because the Word of God does not change...
BTW..the first supposed "pope" was married....so were some of the apostles...per the Word of God...
For the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist you are...on the one hand you preach that there is NO evidence that Jesus Christ existed at all, yet you feel free to deem the records to be so that Peter was proven to be a married man.

Which is it, you LIAR.

You don't have the brains of a louse and Stanley agrees with me on this one.

Location hidden

#426610 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I can think back to, the left over bread was always put in a tabernacle for the next Mass.. The wine is not. Its consumed by the clergy or Eucharista Ministers.
So you were a catholic too? Man, everyone of ya claim to be ex Catholics. That's why its strange no one knows some of our basic beliefs.
At least hate us for what we actually teach.
Ollie says that this eeejit that you are posting to is as much a Roman Catholic as 'ol Hitler was.

Stanley wouldn't trust this LIAR as far as he could throw him.

Location hidden

#426611 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
SO THE INQUISITION OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS STILL ALIVE...AND
YOU EVIDENTLY ARE A PRIME EXAMPLE..
OF THE 650 YEARS REIGN OF ROMAN CATHOLIC TERROR...
I AM GLAD THAT THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST THOSE SUCH AS YOU..
I AM WHOM GOD SEZ I AM ..
A TERRORIZING MURDERER AT HEART, IS NOT A CHRISTIAN...
When you take on 'Stan and Ollie', you Really and Truly have gotten your hands filled.

You are filled with schidt to the eyeballs.

It's just too bad that you were born 10 years 'after' the Spanish Inquisition and were living in Madrid. Then you would have been given the 'bull's horn'....up your arseHole to make company for hour head.

GOD had nothing to do with making you. You are leftOver from what your Queer daddy let spill down his pantsLeg. The 'evilOne' made you. You know, old Scratch. And he has done a very good job in reaping you into his fold.

Got a Light!!

Location hidden

#426612 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
286 266 227
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three months old.
I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well.
I'm fine.
Thanks.
---------
Mah reply:
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"..
So...at three months..you were mature enough to believe in His name!!!!
----------
Whadda bout it Dan????? at three months..you were mature enough to believe in His name!!!!
We were so right about you being a LIAR and full of schidt to the eyeballs.

What we didn't know was that you started out being a LIAR at such an early age.

More the pity.

Get a Life.

Stanley says 'get Lost'...

....unless, of course, you have a piano to be moved.

#426613 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
~~~

JESUS SAID THAT ABOUT BAPTISM...."it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness."

READ ABOUT IT...

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

___

THE APOSTLE PETER WROTE ABOUT JESUS...

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called:

because Christ also suffered for us,

---> leaving us an example,

that ye should follow his steps: <--

1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he

suffered, he threatened not;

but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1Pe 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Location hidden

#426614 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
The vicar of Christ????? Really!!!!!!
A report published last week by the Italian newspaper La Repubblica said that the real reason the pontiff decided to resign was in light of an internal church probe that informed him about a series of blackmails, grafts and underground gay sex in the Vatican.
According to the report, three cardinals reported their findings to the pope on December 17, 2012, in two red-leather bound volumes, almost 300-pages long, which revealed the existence of a “network” of gay prelates in the Vatican and contained “an exact map of the mischief and the bad fish” inside the Holy See.
There are all kinds of publications pertaining to all kinds of subjects in this world.

Unfortunately, eeejits like you amongst the masses choose to accept the bad news on areas or things that you don't like and in your case you just do Not like the Holy Roman Catholic Church. This is always so obvious and evident in your postings.

Now, would you backUP your statement and provide 'REAL' proof about the red-leather bound volumes and the network of gay prelates in the Vatican and the exact map and the bad fish. This would do wonders for your status which is not doing so well at the moment...in fact, ALL members are believing you to be a lunatic and a nutJob bound to become infamous....like Admiral Tojo.

You would be well advised as per my Stanley who quotes Our Lord and Master Jesus Christ....whomsoever ridicules My Church, it would be better if he were to tie a millstone around his neck and cast himself into the sea.

Life preservers anyone!! Not.

Location hidden

#426615 Mar 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem "was cured", when I left my Protestant "bible only" Church after 35 years of "bible alone,(half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity in which the Church members "split and divided" on four different occasions because they couldn't agree on the TRUE interpretation of the Bible verses and the TRUE meaning of the Sacred Scriptures debating and arguing over (abortion, the eucharist, baptism, women ministers, gay marriage, homosexuality (moral or immoral) euthenasia, emboyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, ect. ect. Each individual and each small group of Christians "had an opinion, each claimed they had the truth, and (in fact) each person and each group --"had and was" their own Pope. You Ox, are just an extension of this "bible only" chaos, confusion, and editorializing (personal opinion) "riffraff" of Protestant contradiction, that has expanded to over 42,000+ inconsistent and conflicting denominations.....Jesus Christ intitiated, established and formed ONE (and only ONE TRUE (authoritative) Apostolic Church. It was Universal and it was, has and always will be Catholic, despite your (editorial personal opinion). Act 2 "clearly" defines Our Lords 1st Church in Antioch and those to follow (recorded in Pauls letters to the Churches in Philippi, Corinth, Thessalonica, Colossius, Ephesis, Galatia and on and on. They were ALL lead by the Apostles, who were bishops, priests, elder and deacons (again Acts 2)--Paul confirms ALL of this in I Tim 3:15 when he calls "The Church--(not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!......The fact is, that you, Ox, have NOTHING to confirm or verify ANYTHING you believe regarding (what the Church really is). except for (refusing to believe) the PROVEN HISTORICAL and BIBLICAL TRUTH of Jesus Christs (biblically and historical verifiable) One True Apostolic Catholic Church....... THEN. by your own(unbiblical and unhistorical denial), the only thing left for you is to editoricalized and "throw your" PERSONAL OPINION into the dicussion, which is ALL "laced" and "poluted" with anti-catholic distortion, and heresy. Jesus gave us the TRUTH in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over 2000 years ago, and you and your other 42,000 other "bible only" editorialized (personal opinion) WILL NEVER change the TRUTH!!
Good for you Mr. Hojo.

That's tell'en 'em.

You otta be in pictures.

Stanley thinks that you would make a wonderful Carnival master....cracking the whip over all those heathens.

Keep up the good work and most of all....Keep The FAITH.

Location hidden

#426617 Mar 8, 2013
605 584 577 481
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
“the forbearance of God waited in the days of Noah building a ship unto which a few, these are eight souls were saved through water. This is also an antitype, baptism now saves us, not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the request of a good conscience unto God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,”(1 Pet. 3:20-21).
Perhaps you did not read Peter 3:20-21 my friend.
You are hilarious!!!!!

The teaching on baptism is not in the OT...the word "baptize" is first seen in Mt 3:11...and it, in and of itself, has no saving power...if it did, Christ could have stayed home!!!

The holy ordinance by which persons are admitted as members of the Christian community. It is administered in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; and is a visible and public profession of faith in Christ and his salvation, of vital union with him, of the obligation to live a new life according to his precepts and in his service, and of the expectation of sharing in his glorious and heavenly immortality.

It is not by any means to be regarded as a regenerating ordinance, though significant of regeneration. It was established in the Christian church by Christ and his apostles, and is binding on his followers to the end of time.

The use of water in this ordinance is grounded in part on its qualities as the great element of purification, and on the rites of the ancient dispensation, in which "water and blood: were the divinely appointed symbols of moral renovation and atonement.

Location hidden

#426618 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
So I am an odd ball,
because I believe in the word of God...
and I believe a person should obey the gospel...all of it...
Do you believe all of the Gospel?
Or do you believe another gospel?
~~~
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
I believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible..
I reject the fables of the Roman Catholic Church ...THAT PAYS
ATTENTION TO PARTS OF THE GOSPEL BUT REJECTED MOST OF IT.
In order to be a Roman Catholie you need to have FAITH in the teachings of Jesus Christ.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Either you accept the teachings of Jesus Christ or you do NOT.

Which is it???

Ollie says that he already knows what you accept.

Go Figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min uknaked 39,960
Israel End is Near 7 min Someone 31
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Rider on the Storm 817,694
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 22 min RiccardoFire 114
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min trifecta1 609,863
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min RiccardoFire 97,994
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 29 min theswamiji 5,924
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Charlie Sheen 270,161
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 52 min WasteWater 1,992
More from around the web