Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,502
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426422 Mar 8, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>What Ollie and I know for sure is that GOD does Not like you at all.
and what are you two? his favorites? what planet are you on?...serious question.

United States

#426423 Mar 8, 2013
guest wrote:
-
Dust Storm:... the Vatican did not even start receiving information until 2001.
-
LOL! there are ARCHIVES in the Vatican dating back CENTURIES on the child rapists harbored by your church.
-
But YOU choose to ignore the obvious - buffoon, indeed.
-
And when you choose to IGNORE Christ Jesus himself, "Call no man your father," over the pope insisting that you do .. that is where you go terribly wrong.
from.
the.
start.
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Call no man father" was properly explained to you.
You have no business isolating a verse and putting a meaning that Jesus Christ did not intend for.
I think you done enough damage to our sacred scripture, Guest. Its time to hand it back. You can't carry it with you to judgement day, how are you going to make excuses before God??
-
-
*properly* explained?
-
If you take Jesus at his word, there needn't be further *explanation*. You just do what Jesus said to do, and He said, "Call NO Man Father."
-
That's not hard to understand. Jesus "properly explained" it to me and I don't need any explanation other than Jesus' own words. No one does. It's written in God's word, at Matthew 23:9. Protected and preserved by God's Holy Spirit.

usa

#426424 Mar 8, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Both Stanley and I don't LIE.
However, when it comes to stealing we did so pickOff a couple of pairs of knickers when we were younger.
Souvenirs. You know. That kind of thing. No harm done and the lovely girls just wouldn't take them back a few years later when we tried to 'catchUP'.
yup your definately catholic,perverts,stealing ladies undies,did they fit you ok? or did you try to give them because they were not the right size? and yes you do lie.

usa

#426425 Mar 8, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that he thinks that with all the schidt you have been through, you still have not made your Peace with GOD or anyonw else.
You are still in your 'stage of envy and jealousy' of what has happened to you has Not happened to someOne else.
Well, here's a clue for you.
Life is Not dealt equally to any one. Some have it easy and some have it hard. To be happy in one's life, one has to accept things as they are and put up with it. If you live your life by doing the best you can and treating your 'fellowMan' as Jesus Christ taught you to treat him, then at the end of the day you will be with HIM in Paradise. It will be there that you will get the answers to the 1,439,781,645+ questions that you have conjured up in this Life. To not get your answers would be surely Hell.
...So standUP and measureUP.
Get that hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic nonsense out of your skull.
Kiss someone. Kiss something.
...Try a cockroach, Stanley says.
I don't give a schidt what you kiss. Why not kiss your arse.
i'm at peace with myself,and that's all that i need,since proof of a god is non existant at this time there is no need to make peace with someone/thing that we do not know truly exists.as far as people go i treat everyone with the same respect i expect to be treated with,i have more friends and aqaintances than i can count,but if stepped upon in a i'll manor,you'll know it,i stand upn for my beliefs and principles and deal with them in a manor i see fit,and if i have to put a person in the hospital for being disrepectful to me,my family,my friends,or people being bullied,i have no problem doing so. athiest? no not me i don't like athiests,they believe in hate towrds others who do believe and that's not me,I'm just a harmless realist/evolutionist who bothers no one, and i'm not afraid to state my opinion,even if it costs me a punch in the nose.you want to call me a names an tell me to kiss a cockroach? why don't you come see me and try and make me do it,and we'll see how much of a man you (snicker)two are.you clueless smucks.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426426 Mar 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
humm i don't really understand, would that be like a thief at heart or a murderer at heart or an adulter at heart, what about Romans 1?
I love you Tony but i really don't understand why you can't be changed to like girls because that is how you were created according to the Word, imo.
And what about Romans 1, anyone?
Romans 1 as taught by one of my mentors.

http://www.theseason.org/romans/romans1.htm

Catholics may want to pay attention to verse 23.

usa

#426427 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words say you cannot refute the truth: The Bible does not teach that we are to believe in any "Church"...much less the Catholic Church. You are putting your money on the wrong horse!!!
Info is coming in that you and Stanley practice the old "69"...is that true???
since they talk about horses a lot they must practice horsey style.i bet they do believe mr. ed can talk.

usa

#426428 Mar 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Romans 1 as taught by one of my mentors.
http://www.theseason.org/romans/romans1.htm
Catholics may want to pay attention to verse 23.
I like verse 24 fit the church better. romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:....to bad they spread this practice among innocent children.

usa

#426429 Mar 8, 2013
coffee break be back.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426430 Mar 8, 2013
And in case you guys are wondering........NO,I AM NOT EFFEMINATE. In fact, people are shocked when they do discover that I'm gay.

I have had many females come on to me and when I reveal to them that I prefer man,they are totally shocked and start saying no way and I'm such a waste,LOL.

Not even my parents knew I was gay when I was growing up as a kid. I remember my father found out when he caught me in our basement bent over our pool table and being "invaded" by one of my friends that was a neighbor. He would have disowned me amd disinherited me had it not been for my mother who intervened for me.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426432 Mar 8, 2013
This 'I'm Only Sort of Sorry' business that seems to be going around lately (well since the mid 60's):........

Stanley says: I'm sorry I've never said sorry.

'Sorry has always seemed to be the hardest word, but in 2013 Stanley has seen the error of the General Public's thinking.

Between 'bracelet aficionado Lance Armstrong, football coach Rob Ford, and anti-shirt activist Justin Bieber, Stanley now sees that 'sorry' is the quickest, easiest 'Path To Redemption'.

Whether you say 'sorry' on the twit thingy to Oprah or at a staged media event, you can take your dirty laundry and stuff it in the hamper of history, even if it never actually comes clean.

You'll notice Stanley never said that these men apologized. He only noted that they said the word 'sorry'. There's a difference. A Really & Truly big difference.

As I understand it, perhaps naively, an apology involves admitting you were wrong, offering no excuses, and owning your mistake.

Cyclist Armstrong appeared with Oprah and said 'sorry' for using performance-enhancing drugs but also said he never considered it cheating. Oprah, a.k.a. Pope No. 3, still offered absolution and said Armstrong could be 'a hero again'.

One NHL hockey (another bullschidt game bilking each fan out of hundreds of $$Dollars$$ each year) club coach - Rob ford - when it looked like he might lose his job, said he was "'sorry' to everyone who believes I should have done this differently". That's sincere in its half-heartedness, at least, though it's hard to fit on a HallMark Card.

And singer Bieber had to apologize for taking the stage at a London concert this week at 10#0pm, which is past his 'fan base's bedtime'. It's a minor transgression to be sure, but the fact he twitted that 'there is no excuse for that' while blaming 'technical issues' in the same breath has Stanley assuming he's begun the inevitable downward spiral on a teenage popStar and in eight (8) years will have the face of Keith Richards.

Seeing as I can say 'sorry' for my misdeeds without the pain of any emotional heavy-lifting has inspired me to stepUP. I'm going to follow the example set by these (3) wise men, and soon I'll be sorry too.

Here goes:

I'd like to say 'sorry' to my mother for stealing her Vogues and Redbooks when I was 11 years old so that I might peruse them for showing off to my buddies what the opposite sex was all about and how much I knew about them. I'd also like to say 'sorry' to the teenage girls who found my PlayBoy magazine stash in the woods and, after an initial flush of excitement, loomed gravely over the pages, looking sad and whispering aloud "Why would anyone do this?"

With your permission, ladies and gentlemen (you too 'truth' and 'LTM' amongst a few other eeejits hereIN), I'd like to be a hero again.

Furthermore, i'd like to say 'sorry' for the times that I have dropped a half-full cup of coffee into a mall garbage can because I'd been too lazy to find a sink. I apologize sincerely to anyone who thinks I possibly could have done this differently, though I frankly don't see how.

I also apologizd for when I do it in the future.

Finally, I'm sorry that I have coveted my neighbor's ox. Like, a lot. There's no excuse fot that, but i've had some technical difficulties.

Phew! Wow, that really works. I feel better!

Maybe you need to say sorry, too. Perhaps you have a hard time apologizing?

Well, Stanly and I challenge you to step forward and see how it feels to sort-of, kind-of, in-a-way apologize.

After all, you're better safe than sorry.

No wait.
Clay

United States

#426433 Mar 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
*properly* explained?
-
If you take Jesus at his word, there needn't be further *explanation*. You just do what Jesus said to do, and He said, "Call NO Man Father."
-
That's not hard to understand. Jesus "properly explained" it to me and I don't need any explanation other than Jesus' own words. No one does. It's written in God's word, at Matthew 23:9. Protected and preserved by God's Holy Spirit.
If you choose to be that ignorant, its your right.
But don't come at us with that nonsense and falsely accuse us of doing something we shouldn't. Only God can see your heart; only He knows if you're just hiding behind a Bible verse or if you really mean it. I'll leave it at that.
Clay

United States

#426434 Mar 8, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there were other denominations before the Reformation & Luther. There was the numerous Orthodox and the Waldensians, Nazarenes, Galatian, and several others Catholics like to pretend never existed.
Today the only way to find the true church or faith of Jesus is with God's word. Find the ones keeping God's law including the right Sabbath and you narrow it way down. And there goes the RC.
Yes Socci, there were cults in every decade and there will always be in future decades.
If they were on the side of truth, Christ would see to it that His message is brought to more than the handful who belong to these separate groups.
Conspiracy Christianity has no place in Christianity. Christ did not start a secret hidden sect with so much confusion. I encourage you to splash some cold water on your face and walk away from the ignorant infested cult you're in.
Clay

United States

#426435 Mar 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
And in case you guys are wondering........NO,I AM NOT EFFEMINATE. In fact, people are shocked when they do discover that I'm gay.
I have had many females come on to me and when I reveal to them that I prefer man,they are totally shocked and start saying no way and I'm such a waste,LOL.
Not even my parents knew I was gay when I was growing up as a kid. I remember my father found out when he caught me in our basement bent over our pool table and being "invaded" by one of my friends that was a neighbor. He would have disowned me amd disinherited me had it not been for my mother who intervened for me.
Wow. That is some testimony Tony. Your father caught some guy putting his sexual organ in your digestive system!
At what point did you and that guy, think it was normal to put each others sexual organ in your digestive systems? Do you see why there is a certain level of pervertness about that? There is nothing natural about it in anyway.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426436 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
406 398
<quoted text>
Your info on the popes is further proof that the Catholics are not always following the Sacred Word of God...the Bible...
The Word of God does not teach celibacy one day, and the next day teach the opposite!!!!
Clerical celibacy is a discipline.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426437 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow wrote:
The Bible does not teach that we are to believe in any "Church"...much less the Catholic Church.
It does teach:
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Show me one verse that contradicts these and you will have a fallible Bible...which is impossible...
I am still waiting......
Matthew 16 (regarding Jesus Christs One True Church) and John6 regarding Our Lords TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharist "doesn't contradict ANY of the verses you listed----it only confirms, supports and compliments those verses because every thing that you have quoted, has,(for over 2000 years),is and will continue to be manifested (in and through) Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ). It is the same message in both my Protestant bible as well as my Catholic Bible! Unfortunately, for you, the TRUTH has "escaped your anti-catholic mind and your "editorializing bible only (opinionated heresy) has "corrupted and confused your heart and soul! No surprise here coming from Protestant "fundies" who continue to live in the "same old distorted (500) year Reformation "bondage" of "relative truth" Christianity!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#426438 Mar 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. I'm as queer as a three dollar bill. I just happen to be a homosexual that has been saved by grace that is no longer practicing that lifestyle. However my flesh is still attracted to men. And I am still honest enough to admit it because one thing about me is I AM NO HYPOCRIT.
~~~

You wrote..

I sometimes have to really strive to bring this flesh under subjection. As they say..the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

You have a promise in God's word, that you will not be tempted above that you can bear.

It reads

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful,

who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;

but will with the temptation

also make a way to escape,

that ye may be able to bear it.

When and if you have an overwhelming temptation....then I would

recommend that you find a genuine/real Christian that can pray a prayer

of deliverance over/for you.

I would further recommend that you be very careful whom you choose, to

pray a prayer of deliverance...

Not every thing that glitters is a genuine diamond. there is a lot of

paste around.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#426439 Mar 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 16 (regarding Jesus Christs One True Church) and John6 regarding Our Lords TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharist "doesn't contradict ANY of the verses you listed----it only confirms, supports and compliments those verses because every thing that you have quoted, has,(for over 2000 years),is and will continue to be manifested (in and through) Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ). It is the same message in both my Protestant bible as well as my Catholic Bible! Unfortunately, for you, the TRUTH has "escaped your anti-catholic mind and your "editorializing bible only (opinionated heresy) has "corrupted and confused your heart and soul! No surprise here coming from Protestant "fundies" who continue to live in the "same old distorted (500) year Reformation "bondage" of "relative truth" Christianity!
~~~

I have a serious problem believing that The Blood of Jesus is created in a Mogan David Wine Press...

Or

His flesh is created by Nabisco...and experiences transubstantiation

through the ritual of a corruptible priest..

Jesus was first sired by the Holy Ghost...and His precious sinless body

and

blood cannot be recreated/re-produced by a corruptible man...

The very thought of doing so ..to me ..is beyond comprehension.

Our relationship with the heavenly Father is SPIRITUAL..

.A PHYSICAL ritual ...such as you Roman Catholics claim to do.... to

me...would be cannibalism.
Clay

United States

#426441 Mar 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have a serious problem believing that The Blood of Jesus is created in a Mogan David Wine Press...
Or
and
John 6: 52

That's precisely why you and the others walked out on Jesus, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat"?

Well, Christ told us how. Paul told us how too, when he explained the Catholic Mass to the Church at Corinth "for I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed took bread, and when He had given thanks He broke it, and said, "This IS MY BODY, which is for you. Do THIS if remembrance of me"
"therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the wine unworthily, will be guilty of profaning the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ"

Cor 11: 23, 27
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426442 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Or
and
Well, Jesus said several times that it was so.

Are you telling us that God is incapable of bringing something about that He said He's do?
Clay

United States

#426444 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Or
and
You may mean well and truly love the Love, but you can't be undoing what Jesus Christ started.

Out of all the point topics you guys disagree with us, the Eucharist is the one that makes me the saddest. Please don't ever think you're personally insulting us by mocking the Eucharist. I don't think any Catholic would take it personal, because we know the Eucharist is Jesus Christ. Therefore, you're mocking Him, not us. This is why its sad.

You guys claim to be 'bible alone', but nothing is more obvious than the Eucharist described in scripture. Christ was blunt about it. He was clear as can be. All the early Christian writers support what the Apostles taught about it. It was always there until you guys undid it a few hundred yrs ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 778,359
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 8 min tammygear 77
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min mike 605,342
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Rider on the Storm 175,781
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min bacon hater 96,859
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Pegasus 265,458
Scientific proof for God's existence 38 min Rick in Kansas 54
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,897
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 4 hr risque 137
More from around the web