Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,546)

Showing posts 410,901 - 410,920 of512,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
253 216 047
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question!!! Quote: Have I declared Chapter 6 of John to be metaphorical?????

I can help you with a clue to the answer. It has to do with your foot and your mouth....
Is there something about my question you are not understanding????48

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday
Judged:
[Incendiary]
[Clueless]
[Nuts]
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IN GOD'S EYES THERE ARE NO DENOMINATIONS. NOT EVEN ROMAN CATHOLIC..
In God's eyes----YES----there are "no denominations"---that is why HIS Son Jesus, formed, established and initiated-(in Matthew 16:13-21--ONE (and only one) True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church over 2000 years ago...... 1500 years later, in the 16th century (MAN-MADE Protestant denominations changed all of that, at the time of the Reformation, beginning with Luther, then Zwingli, Hus, Wycliff, Knox, Calvin....and on and on and on! until now in the 21st century, we have Confrinting, New Age, LTM, Justachristian, Orville, etc. etc. now adding to those (editorialist) MAN MADE Protestant denominations of 42,000+ contradicting interpretations of the bible,---ALL CLAIMING to have the truth! This bible only Protestant confusion and chaos is "nothing more" than "RELATIVE (Opinionative) TRUTH---(where what each person decides for themselves is the truth).... We, as Catholics will remain with the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....You can "keep" your bible only "editorializing" half-truth Christianity with all the chaos, confusion, and contradicting denominations. They are "ALL YOURS"
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday
Judged:
[Incendiary]
[Clueless]
[Nuts]
The title that "The Roman Catholic Church is the Only True Church (which is Proven Historically and Biblically to be TRUE) requires an even "greater TRUTH) in that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Church is the "ONLY TRUE CHURCH" that is formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!---"Every other Church, is a denomination, that has "fallen away" from the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH! In God's eyes- there are "no denominations"! His Son Jesus Christ formed, established and initiated-(in Matthew 16:13-21--ONE (and only one) True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church over 2000 years ago...... 1500 years later, in the 16th century, A "NEVER ENDING LIST of (MAN-MADE Protestant denominations changed all of that, at the time of the Reformation. And it all began with Luther, then Zwingli, Hus, Wycliff, Knox, Calvin....and on and on and on! until now in the 21st century, we have Confrinting, New Age, LTM, Justachristian, Orville, etc. etc. now adding to those (editorialist) MAN MADE Protestant denominations of 42,000+ contradicting interpretations of the bible,---ALL CLAIMING to have the truth! ALL CLAIMING to bible (interpreting experts) ALL CLAIMING that in "their own personal opinion" that they "speak for God"!! This bible only Protestant confusion and chaos is "nothing more" than "RELATIVE (Opinionative) TRUTH---(where what each person decides for themselves as to the truth).... The fact is that "there is no discussion necessary, "there is nothing to debate, and "there is nothing deliberate about"! The TRUTH of over 2000 years of Christs One True Catholic Church --"REMAINS TRUTH"! I/We, as Catholics (ALL know this) and will continue to remain, adhere to, and worship in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....You Protestants can "keep" your bible only "editorializing" half-truth Christianity with all the chaos, confusion, and contradicting denominations, and argue among yourselves, since NONE of you 42,000 self interpreting "fundies" have never, nor will ever" agree with each other.In other words "you can do what you want"!! We, as Catholics, will just follow the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ--in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!!!
sheep dip

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've answered your question probably 20 times. Your refusal to accept my answer does not mean I didn't answer.
Your question, "Why do I think Paul was more enlightened than Jesus?" ----------> My answer once again:
Ready??
Are you sure?
Yes? OK then...
Here it is...-------> I don't.
Did you catch it that time??
I answered "I DON'T.
You still with us?
Ready for some additional information I've shared over and over already?
You sure?
OK.
Here it is:
I think Paul's writings were inspired. I think God through the Holy Spirit was working through Paul. Therefore, I do not believe Paul's writings and Jesus' sayings could ever contradict.
My opinion:
Ready????
Are you sure?
OK. Here goes....
My opinion is that Paul writings are neither more or less enlightened that Jesus' teachings. Why? Because they were the teachings Jesus wanted us to have. Happened to be through Paul.
Did you get that?
Did you notice I answered your question?
Or, will you, like so many times before, ignore my answer and continue to tell me I have not answered your question?
Will you?
Hmmm?
Now, since you are SO GOOD at asking loaded questions, here's one for you - the question I have asked TWICE of you that YOU have diverted...
Ready???
OK, New Age Spiritual Leader, here it is:
Why do you think the Book of Acts should not be in the Bible?
Amazing Saban, you did finally give me a straight answer. You have taken the first step in understanding Jesus' teachings. I hope you can keep this honesty rolling forward.

Okay so now that we can advance this discussion, you wrote:
"Your question, "Why do I think Paul was more enlightened than Jesus?" ----------> My answer once again:
Ready?? Are you sure? Yes? OK then...
Here it is...-------> I don't."
- okay you don't. Thanks for answering.
- Now since you don't, why do you think more value has been placed in "Paul", than with Jesus. The omission of GoThomas as part of the canon indicates that these teachings are lesser in value than of "Paul's letters" about Jesus. Why would anyone do this?

Well you sort of answered with this response:
"I think Paul's writings were inspired. I think God through the Holy Spirit was working through Paul. Therefore, I do not believe Paul's writings and Jesus' sayings could ever contradict."
- once again, I'm not discussing the contradictions, as I've already shown GiF in a previous post that "Paul" does teach what Jesus teaches in GoThomas, but it is Christianity that doesn't believe he does. So you opinion of "Paul" in this regard, is really not related and really is insignificant in a belief in Jesus. You do understand this, right? Meaning, if Jesus taught it already, what is the purpose of "Paul", especially when people have twisted "Paul's" preaching to mean something entirely different.

And then you went on to claim....

"My opinion is that Paul writings are neither more or less enlightened that Jesus' teachings. Why? Because they were the teachings Jesus wanted us to have. Happened to be through Paul."
- yes - just an opinion that you have instilled "faith" into, so you can believe the tales of other men. This is nothing new Saban. People have been doing this for centuries. The point you still miss is if Jesus is the "main focus of your belief", "Paul's" preaching doesn't matter. Unless you believe "Paul" over Jesus.

If you don't - and place "Paul" as 'neither more or less enlightened than Jesus", then why haven't you place "Paul" at the same significance as you have with just believing in half of what Jesus taught.

As you can see - it just doesn't add up. This is the contradiction you refuse to acknowledge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, since LTM clearly stated that the RCC doesn't believe a word of the Bible.
I need something from the RCC where they say they don't believe in the Bible.
Sorry, Uncle disciple-LTM owns this one.
Do Catholics follow all of the teaching of the Bible?? Yes or no...
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, since LTM clearly stated that the RCC doesn't believe a word of the Bible.
I need something from the RCC where they say they don't believe in the Bible.
Sorry, Uncle disciple-LTM owns this one.
Why would you need that? Couldn't you use some of the teachings to answer that?
Just saying. I'm not looking for a long discussion here.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Catholics follow all of the teaching of the Bible?? Yes or no...
Too general a question.

No Christian follows "all" the teachings of the Bible.(i.e. admonitions against mixed fabric in clothing. etc.)

Yes, Catholics follow the teachings of the Bible as interpreted by the Church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I need a citation from the RCC to verify their teachings about the Bible?

Because LTM said they don't believe in it. At all.

I want proof of that statement.

Just saying.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd say what John said in 2 John:
4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
Of course..

The passage above is talking about christians and the passage below says to still away from them those who don't teach about Christ. You catholics make excuses for anyone of your leaders that looks like a clown.

2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you start with a hot air statement I will not answer any of your moronic post.
James Madison and Thomas Jefferson were called the “Champions of Religious Freedom for a reason. Nothing to do with all the wasted space you took from this thread.
Read and learn something for a change. Get a clue of what "separation of church and state" means.
You sound like you wnat to whine about my post, but won't answer it, and instead continue to post insults.

Yep - you deserve Christianity, as much as any other so-called "Christian" - it seems it breeds hatred and transgressions against others.

Not a problem, that is the main reason on why I became a non-Christian. I just couldn't handle others continuing to tell me these things or what to believe.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be a long discussion.

Here's what they believe the Creed-every stated belief is scriptural.

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Intellectually lazy people such as LTM and yourself refuse to actually see what the RCC DOES believe and teach-the Catechism. It's all online-the same place you look for and gather your anti-Catholic drivel.

To wit-the intro to an entire SECTION of the Catechism:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__PO.HT...

SACRED SCRIPTURE

I. Christ - The Unique Word of Sacred Scripture

101 In order to reveal himself to men, in the condescension of his goodness God speaks to them in human words: "Indeed the words of God, expressed in the words of men, are in every way like human language, just as the Word of the eternal Father, when he took on himself the flesh of human weakness, became like men."63

102 Through all the words of Sacred Scripture, God speaks only one single Word, his one Utterance in whom he expresses himself completely:64

You recall that one and the same Word of God extends throughout Scripture, that it is one and the same Utterance that resounds in the mouths of all the sacred writers, since he who was in the beginning God with God has no need of separate syllables; for he is not subject to time.65

103 For this reason, the Church has always venerated the Scriptures as she venerates the Lord's Body. She never ceases to present to the faithful the bread of life, taken from the one table of God's Word and Christ's Body.66

104 In Sacred Scripture, the Church constantly finds her nourishment and her strength, for she welcomes it not as a human word, "but as what it really is, the word of God".67 "In the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven comes lovingly to meet his children, and talks with them."68
----------

For people who "don't believe a word" of it, they sure waste a lot of time talking about it, don't they?

Thanks for the time, Mensa.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course..
The passage above is talking about christians and the passage below says to still away from them those who don't teach about Christ. You catholics make excuses for anyone of your leaders that looks like a clown.
2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
Showing people respect doesn't make anyone look like a "clown".

Castigating someone for doing it, on the other hand, does seem clownish.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was showing respect to the delegation.
2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house OR GIVE HIM ANY GREETING, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Can you read Danny what does this say "OR GIVE HIM ANY GREETING"

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
The way words are palced on a paper, is not of any concern. It is what those words express that should be near to the heart.
As for GoThomas and GoJudas - they both have these special attributes. Thomas tells of specific teachings by Jesus in parable and non-parable form. Whereas GoJudas includes yet other teachings and explanations to questions that clearly show of an etheral/esoteric nature.
I'm sorry you don't understand this level of spirituality in us.
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are full of hot air .
And when I blow it out, you are there to suck it all in, huh?

Why do you so-called "Christians" think you know the truth?
A: because you love men and their beliefs.
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no book of Doubting Thomas . If there is it is not inspired by God.
I never said there was a book of "Doubting Thomas". So what ever you are trying to put into others' mind, you really don't have a clue on what you are talking about and misleading those individuals with false information.

Do you have something from "God" that dictates what books are inspired and which are not?

We've gone over this plenty of times before LTM - and still no one has been able to support the position you pose. What makes you think it is true?

Now be honest.....because I will know when you aren't.
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas was not with the other disciples when Jesus appeared to them, and breathed on them and they recieved the Holy Spirit.
JOHN 20: 19-29 Jesus Appears to His Disciples
19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said,“Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
21 Again Jesus said,“Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said,“Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him,“We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them,“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said,“Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas,“Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him,“My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Why do you put John above Jesus in his teachings?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course..
Actually, the admonition is to not heed and avoid any of the Christians who spread a message other than the Gospel.

Context, Chuck, context.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house OR GIVE HIM ANY GREETING, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
The admonition is to avoid "Christians" who seek to spread a false Gospel.

Again, context matters.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

hojo wrote:
Los Angeles Attorney Declares Rampant Fraud,,“One retired F.B.I. agent who worked with me to investigate showed my clients’ denial of wrongdoing was ‘truthful,’ and in those cases I accusers change significantly over time, sometimes altering years, locations, and what activity was alleged – in every case, the changes seemed to have enabled or enhanced claims against my clients, or drastically increased alleged damages.”
“I am aware that false memories can also be planted or created by various psychological processes, including by therapists who might be characterized as ‘sexual victim advocates,’ if not outright charlatans.”
“Most of the approximately seven hundred psychiatric ‘Certificates of Merit’ filed in these Clergy Cases, as required by [California] Code of Civil Procedure § 340.1, were signed by the same therapist.”(!)(Note: A “Certificate of Merit” from “a licensed mental health practitioner” is required in California before filing an abuse lawsuit.)
Steier signed and submitted the declaration “under penalty of perjury” November 30, 2010.
Steier also took aim at the outspoken advocacy group SNAP (Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests):
They maintain an interactive Internet website with a user ‘Forum’ and ‘Message Board,’ among other features, where people can share detailed information between alleged victims pertaining to identity of specific alleged perpetrators, their alleged ‘modus operandi,’ and other details of alleged molestation.
In effect, a person who wanted to make a false claim of sexual abuse by a priest could go to that website and find a ‘blueprint’ of factual allegations to make that would coincide with allegations made by other people. Law enforcement also uses the S.N.A.P. website to attempt to locate new victims and allegations against Catholic priests.v
There will always be a few fraudsters.
... How many thousands of priests have never been caught or ratted out? THOUSANDS. How many bishops and Cardinals have lied and covered up for the real culprits.......LOTS!
Quit defending an organization that even many bishops and Cardinals indicate there have been serious problems with sex abuse.
Every newspaper worldwide the past few weeks have been full of stories of abusive coverup clergy. CNN, ABC, NBC, FOX, BBC have reported about the coverup hirearchy.
One day you too will stand up for the victims.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you think that John is teaching us in one paragraph to love another then telling us not to in the very next paragraph.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words: What's the problem? I said Peter made Ignatius Bishop of Antioch. Is it recorded in the Bible? No. Does that mean it didn't happen? If no, then why?
Your words plainly say that Catholics follow teachings of dead "saints".....Christi ans follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
If you claim to follow the teachings or Jesus Christ--then "why is it" that you "fundies" don't believe, follow and adhere to what Jesus "clearly and specifically says---in the Gospels

1. Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (Universal) Church
2. John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD in the
Eucharist

The fact is that you bible only "buffoons" only follow what you "think" are the teachings of Jesus, or what you "personally" want to decide for yourselves, is "convenient" for you to believe. Bible only--"Pick and choose" Protestantism is what is known as "half-truth, half-heresy Christianity, of which you "fundies" have become experts in sola scriptura "deception!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

225 219
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Too general a question.
No Christian follows "all" the teachings of the Bible.(i.e. admonitions against mixed fabric in clothing. etc.)
Yes, Catholics follow the teachings of the Bible as interpreted by the Church.
The Bible teaches: But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

You say that is not so!!!!! God got it wrong!!!! That Catholics, instead, follow the teaching of their religion!!!!

Does not the Church, as you call it, teach that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was sinless????
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you wnat to whine about my post, but won't answer it, and instead continue to post insults.
Yep - you deserve Christianity, as much as any other so-called "Christian" - it seems it breeds hatred and transgressions against others.
Not a problem, that is the main reason on why I became a non-Christian. I just couldn't handle others continuing to tell me these things or what to believe.
yea but switching to non-Christian you became a moron so it did not help.
Educate yourself before making a decision next time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 410,901 - 410,920 of512,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

676 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 216,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min sweets2360 680,154
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Aura Mytha 250,382
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min lovewithin 38,014
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 16 min Harrison Freebird 52,510
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 20 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 24,625
Why German People Suck Butt? (Oct '08) 31 min Koski 373
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min Dusty Mangina 89,569
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr alisha24 249
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••