Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653991 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#426576 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no prohibition against baptizing anyone, let alone an age requirement.
There just isn't.
You want there to be one so you can support your belief that it isn't salvific, but you can't because there isn't one.
Acts 2:38 suggest to me one must be old enough to understand the impact of their sin, understand the gospel and repent. You know any infants that meet those requirements?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426577 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not find Scripture that says: Be baptized and be saved...
I do not find Scripture that says: Be baptized and receive Christ..
I do not find scripture that says: Your parents can present you to the church so you can receive Christ.
Can you help me????
~~~~

THE BIBLE DOES SAY...

Pro_22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

___

THE WAY THAT CHILD IS "TRAINED UP"...

.MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD..

.AND THE WORLD TO COME..
___

One said ..."AS A TWIG IS BENT. SO SHALL IT GROW"...

BUT

From the condition that our world is in... presently,

and the billions of Roman Catholics that supposed to be out there..

THERE IS LITTLE OR NO EVIDENCE OF ANY

MORAL TRAINING COMING FROM THEIR DIRECTION...

OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE MORE FOCUSED ....

ON PUTTING FORTH /LIFTING UP THEIR CHURCH ...

THAN SAVING SOULS OR MAKING AN IMPACT

FOR GOD AND CHRIST IN THE WORLD.

Location hidden

#426578 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its has not 'now be changed by the pope'.
A child who dies without being baptized is not assured of heaven.
....and you said believes THEN baptized. The passage says "and".
That does not change the acts:

Saint Augustine is the one that taught a child that dies without being baptized is not going to Heaven..this went on for 400 some odd years...it has now been changed...by the pope...

Thanks for proving my words as being correct....you deny the truth...from Scripture..

No matter how you cut it...there are requirements to be met, before being baptized...per Scripture...infants can't meet said requirements...and there is no teaching that anyone has ever received and/or believed Christ by proxy...

Location hidden

#426579 Mar 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
THE BIBLE DOES SAY...
Pro_22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
___
THE WAY THAT CHILD IS "TRAINED UP"...
.MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD..
.AND THE WORLD TO COME..
___
One said ..."AS A TWIG IS BENT. SO SHALL IT GROW"...
BUT
From the condition that our world is in... presently,
and the billions of Roman Catholics that supposed to be out there..
THERE IS LITTLE OR NO EVIDENCE OF ANY
MORAL TRAINING COMING FROM THEIR DIRECTION...
OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE MORE FOCUSED ....
ON PUTTING FORTH /LIFTING UP THEIR CHURCH ...
THAN SAVING SOULS OR MAKING AN IMPACT
FOR GOD AND CHRIST IN THE WORLD.

I do not find scripture that says: Your parents can present you to the church so you can receive Christ.

Can you help me????

I am waiting....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426580 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a first-grader to help you...
According to what Dan is saying...and believing...all infants...from day one, who died before being baptized, are not in Heaven. There is only one other place they can be...hell.
And...he will argue until blue in the face that he is right!!!
You'd be surprised what a child can teach you.

But besides that point, you - a non-Catholic, rcvd baptism ("got saved" in some eyes), at some later year in your life [my speculation]. I think cowboy stated he "got saved" when he was about 9 yrs old (or something like that).

So with these examples, I believe you are saying that, you believe if a child isn't baptized and dies, that child would die go to hell. One could surmise that this lack of baptism at an early age, could negate the role of baptism altogether, because the child may not have known about Jesus and the role of baptism in Christianity. Thus would not be responsible for possible "torment" and still have access to "heaven".

Of course, unless you think the child automatically goes to hell. But then you only have words of men to prove this, and nothing nothing else.....hmmmmm. Another conundrum.

Must be a lot of children in "hell", huh?

Here Jesus encourages one to be like a child:
(37)

(1) His disciples said: "When will you appear to us, and when will we see you?"
(2) Jesus said: "When you undress without being ashamed and take your clothes
(and) put them under your feet like little children (and) trample on them,
(3) then [you] will see the son of the Living One, and you will not be afraid."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Just make sure you separate the differences between belief and fact, and then understand why they were supposedly said.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#426581 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no prohibition against baptizing anyone, let alone an age requirement.
There just isn't.
You want there to be one so you can support your belief that it isn't salvific, but you can't because there isn't one.
I have to agree with Dan on this one.

There is no prohibition and it can't hurt.

In follow-up, why does the RCC insist I pay money to be officially removed from their roles?

Let's talk "PERFECT MORALS." Why must I pay more than an simple admin fee to be "de-baptized?"

I was never given a choice. My non-Catholic father had no choice if he wanted to marry my mother. And the RCC got their money in the beginning, while I had no choice.

I believe I should only need to send a signed notarized letter expressing my wishes, perhaps with a stamped return envelope so the RCC could easily confirm.

I never elected to be RC. I do NOT want the Vatican to use me to inflate their numbers.

Stop using me RCC!!!!!!!!!!
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#426582 Mar 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
FM says........The Rosary was introduced by Peter the Hermit.
Michael says.......not to be confused with Herman and the Hermits.
I was confused .... until now. Thank you Michael.

Since everyone keeps talking about them here, could you also enlighten us on Peter, Paul, and Mary?

Frankly, I had no idea about their backgrounds.

Location hidden

#426583 Mar 8, 2013
580 527
<quoted text>
Get a first-grader to help you...
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be surprised what a child can teach you.
But besides that point, you - a non-Catholic, rcvd baptism ("got saved" in some eyes), at some later year in your life [my speculation]. I think cowboy stated he "got saved" when he was about 9 yrs old (or something like that).
So with these examples, I believe you are saying that, you believe if a child isn't baptized and dies, that child would die go to hell. One could surmise that this lack of baptism at an early age, could negate the role of baptism altogether, because the child may not have known about Jesus and the role of baptism in Christianity. Thus would not be responsible for possible "torment" and still have access to "heaven".
Of course, unless you think the child automatically goes to hell. But then you only have words of men to prove this, and nothing nothing else.....hmmmmm. Another conundrum.
Must be a lot of children in "hell", huh?
Here Jesus encourages one to be like a child:
(37)
(1) His disciples said: "When will you appear to us, and when will we see you?"
(2) Jesus said: "When you undress without being ashamed and take your clothes
(and) put them under your feet like little children (and) trample on them,
(3) then [you] will see the son of the Living One, and you will not be afraid."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Just make sure you separate the differences between belief and fact, and then understand why they were supposedly said.
You need to get out of that fog!!!!

As a Catholic..I was baptized as an infant. As an adult, son of God, I was baptized....so, if Dan is correct, I have twice the Salvation as most people!!!!

The reason I asked that you get a first-grader to help you,is,I, in no way, ever said, insinuated, and/or/nor indicated that any person who dies without being baptized goes to hell.

#426584 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you help me????
I am waiting....
~~~

There is no record of Jesus baptizing Children...

He blessed them and said..

Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer/allow little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

~~~

Jesus put believing before baptism...

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

On the day of Pentecost Peter preached...

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

In Peter's message to the house of Cornelius,...the first gentiles to receive the Gospel.

Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Act 10:43 ==> To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. <==

___

In the account of Philip and the Ethiopian. Eunuch
Philip required Him to believe first

Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Act 8:37 And Philip said,===> If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. <===

Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426585 Mar 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore him Jethro.
so far i have to say he takes first place as the biggest nut job that's been on here since i have been here.would love to see a real picture of this person.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426586 Mar 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore him Jethro.
I do have to admitt he's helped break up my day,been shoveling snow all day,got 24 inches here,can't believe it,and i don't have a snowblower here like i had at my ex-g/f's house who i'm sure is missing me right now,she won't use the blower,she can't handle it,to big and powerful for her. oh well. i do miss my dog terribly though.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#426587 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your babbling changes not the facts:
You have a problem that is not curable!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible...JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation.
Ain't nothin' said bout the Catlicks....
Like I said, "My problem was cured when I left my "bible only" (whatever each person believes is the truth) self- interpretation of the bible!(or better yet--MIS-interpretation..... Listening to you "fundies" interpret the bible is like reading the "editorial section" of a local newspaper, "One opinion after another",----just like the same old (self-opinionated)"gibber ish" that you keep "throwing out" on this forum, as in your own "desperation" and "failure in "making up your own Church history or in the (rewrite of history)- attempting to change 2000 years of the TRUE and PROVEN biblical History of the Church-(in Matthew 16)-----Jesus Christs One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic Church...... Acts 2 verifies the Church as heirarchical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons ----Paul confirms Jesus'(authoritative) Church in I Timothy 3:15 "The Church (not the bible) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"...As usual Ox, you continue to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about--which comes as "no surprise to ANY of us Catholics.
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#426588 Mar 8, 2013
Yahweh Bless And have A great Sabbath.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#426589 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to Jesus if there is some of Him left over after communion? When I was in the catholic church it was a feeding frenzy with the eucharistic ministers...they'd gobble up all that was left. Is that still the case?
Man, just how old are you?

I just left Church and asked the Priest when the Church started using the tabernacle to store leftover Eucharist so people didn't have to 'gobble it all up'. He said it was hundreds of yrs ago.

That's weird because you said you saw it when you were a 'catholic'. That's impossible because no one practiced that for hundreds of yrs.
I take no joy in catching you lying. Serious Chuck. No joy. But it shows who you are.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#426590 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
437 408
I am still waiting......but...I am not holding my breath....
Try reading the bible instead of "holding your breath"! You just might learn something!--------(Specificall y JESUS CHRISTS OWN SPOKEN WORDS in Matthew 16 His Church and John 6 His True Body and Blood!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#426591 Mar 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church jthro:you keep saying this and never show any proof jesus called his church catholic,wh don't you give it up,you don't have a holy leg to stand on.
Doesn't have to be in the bible!! It's recorded all through Church History, for over 2000 years, beginning in 070AD. You've already given the TRUTH up, for your own "editorializing of Church History---I/We as Catholics will just continue to stick with the TRUTH! The Proven Historical and Biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church.--You, jethro8 can "do what you want"--since you always have and probably always will!!

#426592 Mar 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading the bible instead of "holding your breath"! You just might learn something!--------(Specificall y JESUS CHRISTS OWN SPOKEN WORDS in Matthew 16 His Church and John 6 His True Body and Blood!!
~~~

You seem to be obsessed with these scriptures above...

The Bible covers more than one or two chapters....don't you know...and all scriptures are interdependent on each other..over near seven thousands of years.

___

As far as you dynasty ...Rome... as a nation ..
Rome is not a drop in a bucket in comparison to the infinity of God

Isaiah wrote

Isa 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

Isa 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Isa 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

Isa 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

Isa 40:14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

Isa 40:15 --> Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.<--

Isa 40:16 And Lebanon is not sufficient to burn, nor the beasts thereof sufficient for a burnt offering.

Isa 40:17 All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

Isa 40:18 To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?

Isa 40:19 The workman melteth a graven image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it over with gold, and casteth silver chains.

Isa 40:20 He that is so impoverished that he hath no oblation chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh unto him a cunning workman to prepare a graven image, that shall not be moved.

Isa 40:21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

Isa 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isa 40:23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

#426593 Mar 8, 2013
who="Oxbow"]577

Can you help me????
I am waiting....

Jesus said, "He that BELIEVETH and is Baptized shall be saved." Thus faith and baptism are a combination.

Babies do not 'believe' until they can choose to believe.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#426595 Mar 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"]577
Can you help me????
I am waiting....
Jesus said, "He that BELIEVETH and is Baptized shall be saved." Thus faith and baptism are a combination.
Babies do not 'believe' until they can choose to believe.
You guys will first need to prove that Baptism needs to be spelled out in detail in Holy Scriptures.
If you can do that, then you can come at The Catholic Church, swinging your accusations of improper practices by them.

United States

#426596 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
What happens to Jesus if there is some of Him left over after communion? When I was in the catholic church it was a feeding frenzy with the eucharistic ministers...they'd gobble up all that was left. Is that still the case?
-
-
Clay wrote:
Man, just how old are you?
I just left Church and asked the Priest when the Church started using the tabernacle to store leftover Eucharist so people didn't have to 'gobble it all up'. He said it was hundreds of yrs ago.
That's weird because you said you saw it when you were a 'catholic'. That's impossible because no one practiced that for hundreds of yrs.
I take no joy in catching you lying. Serious Chuck. No joy. But it shows who you are.
-
-
the leaders of the RCC have been lying and covering up their malfeasance for centuries ... and yet, somehow, you do take joy in that, don't you Clay?
-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hangman 973,798
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min PELE78 63,996
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min lisw 183,175
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 39 min Johnny 807
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 54 min AussieBobby 26
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,507
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,581
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,866
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 22 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web