Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650010 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426556 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its impossible that you are an ex Catholic. You're completely clueless on Catholicism. But if you were, its probably best for everybody that you left.
Is Baptizing infants Biblical?
Luke 18:15 People were bringing even infants to Him that the Lord might touch them, when the disciples saw this they rebuked them.
Jesus, however, called the children to himself and said, "Let the children come to me and do not prevent them; for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these"
Col 2:11
In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not administered by hand, by stripping off the carnal body, with the circumcision of Christ. You were buried with Him in Baptism , in which you were also raised with Him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
None of these have one thing to do about baptizing infants..
MICHAEL

Canada

#426557 Mar 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you are one nut job boy,if your so brave why is your location hidden? tear an arm off an beat someone to death wih it? and you call yourself a catholic? well i guess it makes sense the church was built on hate,beatings and killings.not to mention all artifacts in vatican city are stolen property,taken away from roman conquered cities and countries,including a church.the more you read about church history the more distance you see from the teachings of god/jesus.I do believe stealing is a sin is it not? "LIAR". HEY TONY! THEY HAVE RUBBER ROOMS AT YOUR HOSPITAL DON'T THEY? GOT A GUEST FOR YOU.
Just ignore him Jethro.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426558 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Is bringing your child to be Baptized, not following the command of Jesus Christ in this passage?
Also, why do most Protestants Baptize infants?
The new radical born agains are the only ones I think, that don't.
The context is about humility you boob. Being like a child when we as adults come to Christ. Read the whole passage from the beginning.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426559 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
None of these have one thing to do about baptizing infants..
There's no prohibition against baptizing anyone, let alone an age requirement.

There just isn't.

You want there to be one so you can support your belief that it isn't salvific, but you can't because there isn't one.

Location hidden

#426560 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They cannot be disciples without Baptism.
An infant cannot repent, but they carry original sin, which Baptism cleanses them from.
Belief doesn't come first-the two are required. Not just belief. Baptism is required. Believes AND is baptized-not "believes THEN is baptized"
Saint Augustine is the one that taught a child that dies without being baptized is not going to Heaven..this went on for 400 some odd years...it has now be changed...by the pope...

Thanks for proving my words as being correct....you deny the truth...from Scripture...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426561 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Everyone is instantly baptized after learning of Jesus".
**You know nothing about Jesus as a 3 month old Uncle Dan
I'm not fighting against baptism Uncle Dan. I just know you didn't receive anything based on someone else's faith.
How do you know that I didn't receive the grace of God and remission of original sin at my baptism?

You can't support it by scripture, since there aren't prohibitions there on whom can be baptized.

You just want to believe it since you don't believe baptism is salvific, but it's your say so, not scripture that contends this.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426562 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lololol...1 out of 2 ain't bad Uncle Dan
Make disciples (followers of Christ) then baptize them.
You're as bad as your buddy Clay.
Here's another stupid post from me:

I wish people like you never attempted to get involved with debating Catholicism. You seem like a good guy who loves Christ. You should have been content with just reading your Bible and praying everyday. To you, that was good enough and the only truth you knew.
But what do you do now? Man, I'm serious, I'm so glad I'm not a career Minister or die hard Protestant who learns these truths for the first time. What a scary decision to make. You have to seriously lie to yourself and pretend you never heard truths. You have to submit to ignorance to keep being where you're at. I pray with all my heart for you guys who've made the 'mistake' of challenging the Catholic faith. You guys been completely rebutted on every possible angle of Christian theology. You are not exempt just because you yell 'la la la la la' as if you've never heard the truth. You guys are literally trying to design your own tower to Heaven based on whatever you privately interpret from sacred scripture.
All I can do is pray Chuck. I mean that. You shouldn't have bothered with debating the Catholic faith.
MICHAEL

Canada

#426563 Mar 8, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
1079 CE...
The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII.
Today, there is no Pope.
1090 CE...
The Rosary was introduced by Peter the Hermit.
Today, there are many, many hermits.
Amen
FM says........The Rosary was introduced by Peter the Hermit.

Michael says.......not to be confused with Herman and the Hermits.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426564 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Is bringing your child to be Baptized, not following the command of Jesus Christ in this passage?
Also, why do most Protestants Baptize infants?
The new radical born agains are the only ones I think, that don't.
Context Clay you ignore

15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying,“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

**A lesson about humility Clay. Has nothing to do with baptizing a 3 month old baby. Catholics crack me up.

Location hidden

#426565 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Not assured of Heaven. They are left to the mercy of God.
2.) Not assured of Heaven. They are left to the mercy of God.
Left to the mercy of God because they couldn't make the altar call you require of them. Nice folks, you all.
Hogwash....

An other belief of Catholics, that is pure nonsense and is certainly not supported by Scripture...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426566 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Augustine is the one that taught a child that dies without being baptized is not going to Heaven..this went on for 400 some odd years...it has now be changed...by the pope...
Thanks for proving my words as being correct....you deny the truth...from Scripture...
Its has not 'now be changed by the pope'.

A child who dies without being baptized is not assured of heaven.

....and you said believes THEN baptized. The passage says "and".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426567 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that I didn't receive the grace of God and remission of original sin at my baptism?
You can't support it by scripture, since there aren't prohibitions there on whom can be baptized.
You just want to believe it since you don't believe baptism is salvific, but it's your say so, not scripture that contends this.
Again your words: Everyone is instantly baptized after learning of Jesus.

**You know nothing about Jesus as a 3 month old Uncle Dan

Can't be supported by scripture...no it's called common sense Uncle Dan. A 3 month old cannot learn about Christ.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426568 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Context Clay you ignore
15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying,“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”
**A lesson about humility Clay. Has nothing to do with baptizing a 3 month old baby. Catholics crack me up.
So, Christ willfully excludes children from Heaven by requiring them to make an altar call before Baptism. Despite Him saying "do not hinder them".

This is your assertion?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426569 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another stupid post from me:
I wish people like you never attempted to get involved with debating Catholicism. You seem like a good guy who loves Christ. You should have been content with just reading your Bible and praying everyday. To you, that was good enough and the only truth you knew.
But what do you do now? Man, I'm serious, I'm so glad I'm not a career Minister or die hard Protestant who learns these truths for the first time. What a scary decision to make. You have to seriously lie to yourself and pretend you never heard truths. You have to submit to ignorance to keep being where you're at. I pray with all my heart for you guys who've made the 'mistake' of challenging the Catholic faith. You guys been completely rebutted on every possible angle of Christian theology. You are not exempt just because you yell 'la la la la la' as if you've never heard the truth. You guys are literally trying to design your own tower to Heaven based on whatever you privately interpret from sacred scripture.
All I can do is pray Chuck. I mean that. You shouldn't have bothered with debating the Catholic faith.
You're right for the forst time Clay. It is a stupid post

Location hidden

#426570 Mar 8, 2013
559 544
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no prohibition against baptizing anyone, let alone an age requirement.
There just isn't.
You want there to be one so you can support your belief that it isn't salvific, but you can't because there isn't one.
That has zilch to do with:

Its impossible that you are an ex Catholic. You're completely clueless on Catholicism. But if you were, its probably best for everybody that you left.

Is Baptizing infants Biblical?

Luke 18:15 People were bringing even infants to Him that the Lord might touch them, when the disciples saw this they rebuked them.
Jesus, however, called the children to himself and said, "Let the children come to me and do not prevent them; for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these"

Col 2:11

In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not administered by hand, by stripping off the carnal body, with the circumcision of Christ. You were buried with Him in Baptism , in which you were also raised with Him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
MICHAEL

Canada

#426571 Mar 8, 2013
It appears that the american cardinals are battling with the Italian cardinals who live in Rome. What else is new?

I am rooting for the vietnamese Cardinal named Pham Minh-Man. He has a better chance at getting struck twice by lightening than getting even 1 vote. No endorsement for him by the Holy Spirit either.

Pham-Minh-Man might as well go homem he is out of the loop,.........he was never in the loop.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426572 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Christ willfully excludes children from Heaven by requiring them to make an altar call before Baptism. Despite Him saying "do not hinder them".
This is your assertion?
The passage is about humility
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426573 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The context is about humility you boob. Being like a child when we as adults come to Christ. Read the whole passage from the beginning.
No Chuck, the context of Pauls letter is about false teachers. Thats why he wrote to the Colossians.

Paul alludes to Circumcision in the same breath as he talks about Baptism. Why is that? What does baptism have to do with circumcision?

Is there a Christian teaching you haven't undid?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426574 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your assertion?
When I read the passage I see Jesus wanting the children to come to Him. I see Jesus talking to them. He loves having them with Him.

You read it and say "I should take my kid down to the local catholic church and have him/her baptized".

**Where is baptism even mentioned? Christ said to His disciples don't hinder the children from coming to Me. You know what He meant??? don't hinder the children from coming to Me
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426575 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Context Clay you ignore
You have to remember something very important. Catholicism was not started because a group of people read a passage or two and formed a faith.
All other non- catholic groups were started precisely like that.
All of Catholicism can some way be found in scripture. ALL of it. We cite certain passages to give you an idea of why we believe like we believe. But the Catholic faith came to be because we were orally told by the Apostles and explained our Lords will verbally. No one did a Bible study of Pauls letters and said "I think we figured it out guys"!

The Bible to us is not viewed like you new Christians view it. This is one reason why its difficult to debate verse chapter verse.(among other reasons)
The Church came before the NT. You'd agree with that at least, wouldn't you?
Or are you one of those Christians that believe the Bible fell out of the sky and the Apostles handed it out- without explaining any of the contents?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min here 55,901
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min bad bob 182,934
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Rosa_Winkel 106,062
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 44,927
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 52 min MUQ2 430
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 52 min WasteWater 2,305
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 21 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web