Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,700
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426018 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd agree that when something is posted online, it doesn't automatically become factual?
If Pope Benedict knew anything, the real media wouldn't hesitate to pounce on something that would taint the Catholic Church.
The Bishop of Rome does not sit in his office and read reports on the millions of Churches world wide. That's just not how the hierarchy functions. Bishops handle their own Archdiocese and almost always the buck stops with them. Most Bishops handled the situations responsibly. Others did not.
But lets keep it real, the ones that did not, didn't handle it any different than how secular bodies dealt with this topic in the middle 20th century. Treatment was always used by other peoples too. For some reason, the CC is trashed for doing what was the norm.
I'm very proud of how the Church handles it now. They are leading the way.
You are so in denial Clay; What is wrong with you people.
Your children are like sheep being lead to the slaughter, yet you do nothing to stop it.
Catholic Church's are being shut down in Sudbury, as well as schools because of the abuse of children people as scared to take their kids to church.
We met in coffee shops after service and talk about this stuff Clay.
There are a lot of catholic's who go to our church.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426019 Mar 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>really must be a canadian brand maybe? only brand names around these parts are gold medal and king arthur and the generic store brands.
I have heard of Gold Medal, but not King Arthur.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426020 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Psssst.....you are talking about "Self" again......
Why don't you believe that this entity is in fact - your life?
Teceg ho telase hika ye iyeneca asie. Oneja dibe mejiron safel liha; fure renedew isisice siro, binin epeni ilafejef peyuri efagiket atafihiv tamehur rayu cesi; cohira sore mi runefed ecowac pey be tienemi yudor: Qac rula atuy sot relone datit mar solemed tise olit! Rofesah tuf ilete yusenil lemesun ne roneto dol odas hawamem! Mi ehu ebetate di roriyo ralo. Hoyis home mu hih wimucor ter osanenir! Lunoni rene livinas rexeca dabato yope urepem. Cef fah pa bacof omicicav? Ditap cama mifesah newohe epetoxu rag; lonemiv elid oreci tehin mebefom cacisa ri sietuxa fohelel. Bi tu asovon ba fa acalul ica elupik. Itar citom larahas nur put ebepinier emun.

Location hidden

#426021 Mar 6, 2013
xClay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm being nice to you and you call me stupid?
I suppose, why not... You guys attempted to confiscate their scriptures why not try and steal their identity too.
The CC is not a denomination because OX says so.
You nor Queen Elizabeth has any authority to define Christs Church.
Now go play with your coloring books and antagonize someone else.
You are really proving my words to be absolutely true..i.e. there is no cure for stupid and it will get worse as you age...

Quote: The CC is not a denomination because OX says so.

Location hidden

#426022 Mar 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no denominations in the bible, because Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic (Universal Catholic) Church "was one" "is still one and will "always be one"------and remains the "only one"------which (never was, nor ever will fit) the catagorie or definition of "denominational" which is division and separation........ Division and separation is the (exact reason) why Paul in I Cor.1:10 (condemns) those who,(professed and claimed), I follow Paul, or I follow Appolos, or I follow Cephas, or I belong to Christ"...... Paul (in verse 13) said "Is Christ divided"?----Todays Protestants,and 16th century Luther and the Reformation (refused to listen to Paul) and began their own "MAN MADE denominations and proceeded to "divide Christ" beginning with the "I follow Luther claim, or I follow Zwingli, or I follow Hus, or I follow Calvin or (today in the 21st century) I follow Confrinting, or I follow justachristian, or I follow 4GVN, and on and on and on until we now there are over 42,000 of the Protestant (I follow my MAN-MADE denominations).... Paul had it EXACTLY right in I Cor 1:10 because it was the TRUE Christians who "belonged to Jesus Christ", the ones who "followed Christ", and the ones who worshiped Christ, and those were the TRUE Christians that followed Jesus Christ, and it was in and through HIS One (and only one) True Universal Catholic Church----THEY WERE THE ONES-that proclaimed the TRUTH of "belonging to Christ", instead of belonging to ( SOME MAN PREACHER)--like Appolos or Cephus, or even Paul himself! If Paul were alive today he would have to repeat 1 Cor 1:10 to you "bible only" Protestants (over and over again) because for, FOR OVER 500 YEARS, you have been "prodigal son" (defiant and rebellious) "editorialists" since the Reformation, in which each one of your 42,000 contradicting MAN MADE beliefs, are following your own MAN MADE"whims, of personal "bible interpretations" and (editorializing) "your own personal
"relative truth" half-truth, half-heresy Christianity, to "make it mean" ONLY what you want it to mean!!!!
Christ built a church...church is a common noun. In your delusional mind, you change it to Church, which is a proper noun. You are changing Scripture...

God said: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Bring fans and lots of lemonade!!!!!
xClay

United States

#426023 Mar 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so in denial Clay; What is wrong with you people.
Your children are like sheep being lead to the slaughter, yet you do nothing to stop it.
Catholic Church's are being shut down in Sudbury, as well as schools because of the abuse of children people as scared to take their kids to church.
We met in coffee shops after service and talk about this stuff Clay.
There are a lot of catholic's who go to our church.
LTM, there is no excuse for such ignorance. I could never take you nor your friends at the coffee shop serious because of this ignorance. It honestly saddens me.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426024 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My nomination for one of the most idiotic statements on this forum!!!!! "we are all suppose to be his children"....
Quote: Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it...
Good advice... read your Bible....stop repeating what you have learned from watching movies....
:( not very nice,i don't go by movies although i do watch the movie "the bible" by john houston. and whats so idiotic about my sentence? it is the truth is it not? or is there a second creator?I hear people say all the time it's god will that this happened or that happened,someone is declared to be on his/her death bed,but is miraculously cured,what do you hear? god answered our prayers, is it true?how can you prove it?lets look at a movie "the bucket list" two people one white one black,both with the same disease,same diagnosis,their time is short,but one is miracurously cured the other not,did god intervene on behalf of one and not the other? and how did he decide who should live and who should die?explain please,and i do look things up in the bible and other sources,like the books left out of the bible,and architechual&geological findings that prove a lot of the bible stories are over embelished to make them seem holy,for instance the story of sodom and gamora it was not destroyed by a god it was sitting on a natural gas pocket and blew up when an earthquake happened,the surrounding terrain confirmed that by what geologists found around the cities that are consistant with a massive explossion and earthquake,which are common in that region just like california. and explain to me why it is possible in the bible for donkeys to talk and it's considered devine,but if you tell someone today that god spoke to you threw your neighbors dog you get locked up in loony town? is that person lying or telling the truth? and lets not forget the talking burning bush,it is true? the bush does exist in the middle east, but did god really talk through one?? prove it? just because someone said it happened with no way to verify it,did it really happen? my point being there are more idiotic statements out there than saying we are all gods children,if he exists,we are,he is the sole creator of everything isn't he?? genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness....who is god talking to? is he crazy? after all nothing existed except him,until he created the earth and everything on it.
Clay

United States

#426025 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really proving my words to be absolutely true..i.e. there is no cure for stupid and it will get worse as you age...
Perhaps you have some evidence where the Catholic Church was something different before? Did Ignatius separate from his teacher, John the Apostle, and invent a different group called the Catholic Church??

Shall we Catholics leave this forum now, and watch what happens to Ox, as he plays his word games with scripture?
Lol
Clay

United States

#426026 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ built a church...church is a common noun. In your delusional mind, you change it to Church, which is a proper noun. You are changing Scripture...
God said: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Your last quote is quoting the book of John. I'm not sure why you applied it to anything else. But what else is new in your playground.
Christ built a Church indeed. The Apostles set it up in Antioch, Corinth, Rome and eventually across the world. To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church. There was no need to say anything else because it was only one. And it remained only one until some nut jobs like Ox stepped out of it and started their own, and turned around and labeled Jesus Church a separate denomination from them.

Now give us back our scriptures, you've played with them long enough. Your reward for doing so is inevitable.

Location hidden

#426027 Mar 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>:( not very nice,i don't go by movies although i do watch the movie "the bible" by john houston. and whats so idiotic about my sentence? it is the truth is it not? or is there a second creator?I hear people say all the time it's god will that this happened or that happened,someone is declared to be on his/her death bed,but is miraculously cured,what do you hear? god answered our prayers, is it true?how can you prove it?lets look at a movie "the bucket list" two people one white one black,both with the same disease,same diagnosis,their time is short,but one is miracurously cured the other not,did god intervene on behalf of one and not the other? and how did he decide who should live and who should die?explain please,and i do look things up in the bible and other sources,like the books left out of the bible,and architechual&geological findings that prove a lot of the bible stories are over embelished to make them seem holy,for instance the story of sodom and gamora it was not destroyed by a god it was sitting on a natural gas pocket and blew up when an earthquake happened,the surrounding terrain confirmed that by what geologists found around the cities that are consistant with a massive explossion and earthquake,which are common in that region just like california. and explain to me why it is possible in the bible for donkeys to talk and it's considered devine,but if you tell someone today that god spoke to you threw your neighbors dog you get locked up in loony town? is that person lying or telling the truth? and lets not forget the talking burning bush,it is true? the bush does exist in the middle east, but did god really talk through one?? prove it? just because someone said it happened with no way to verify it,did it really happen? my point being there are more idiotic statements out there than saying we are all gods children,if he exists,we are,he is the sole creator of everything isn't he?? genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness....who is god talking to? is he crazy? after all nothing existed except him,until he created the earth and everything on it.

My nomination for one of the most idiotic statements on this forum!!!!! "we are all suppose to be his children"....

Quote: Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it...

Good advice... read your Bible....stop repeating what you have learned from watching movies....

Look!!!!

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it...

usa

#426028 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd agree that when something is posted online, it doesn't automatically become factual?
If Pope Benedict knew anything, the real media wouldn't hesitate to pounce on something that would taint the Catholic Church.
The Bishop of Rome does not sit in his office and read reports on the millions of Churches world wide. That's just not how the hierarchy functions. Bishops handle their own Archdiocese and almost always the buck stops with them. Most Bishops handled the situations responsibly. Others did not.
But lets keep it real, the ones that did not, didn't handle it any different than how secular bodies dealt with this topic in the middle 20th century. Treatment was always used by other peoples too. For some reason, the CC is trashed for doing what was the norm.
I'm very proud of how the Church handles it now. They are leading the way.
i believe in things that have corroborating support and this story does,he was head of the committee that over saw priest behaviour before he became pope,so he was not blind to everything,letters were written and confirmed he knew about what murphy was doing and on murphy's behalf he stopped the investigation into his activities,it's undeniable,I put the story in another post about murphy.granted there were things he probably didn't know considering the abuse was happening world wide and he did have subbordinates handling things,but he is not totally blameless.

Location hidden

#426029 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you have some evidence where the Catholic Church was something different before? Did Ignatius separate from his teacher, John the Apostle, and invent a different group called the Catholic Church??
Shall we Catholics leave this forum now, and watch what happens to Ox, as he plays his word games with scripture?
Lol
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China???

I repeat:

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#426030 Mar 6, 2013
xClay wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Priest was dying? Did the Pope or his deputy handle it.
Either way Jethro, this story fizzled out in two days. There is no reason you should recycle it unless you have new info that would help the victims. Right now, its just Propaganda and slander.
We address this case at length in “Pope Benedict XVI and the Sexual Abuse Crisis: Working for Reform and Renewal,” but here’s a quick summary:

Accusations were made against Father Murphy in the 1970s and reported to police and church authorities. The police failed to pursue the case.

The Milwaukee archdiocese removed Father Murphy in 1974 from his position at the school for deaf for deaf boys. The priest moved to a house owned by his family in Wisconsin. He never had a formal assignment in the new diocese (Superior), but did help out at parishes and with the deaf community there. He claimed to not have had sexual contact with anyone since 1974.

Alleged victims of Father Murphy (pre-1974) contacted the Milwaukee archdiocese again in the early 1990s.

Milwaukee Archbishop Rembert Weakland opened a trial against Father Murphy in 1996. Concerned that he needed a waiver of the statute of limitations (which at that time he didn’t; there was no statute of limitations then for grave crimes — delicta graviora — like sexual solicitation in the confessional), he wrote to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, headed by Cardinal Ratzinger. The cardinal’s No. 2, Archbishop Tarcisio Bertone, wrote Archbishop Weakland and told him to proceed.

In January 1998, Father Murphy wrote to Cardinal Ratzinger asking that the trial be stopped because the events had taken place decades earlier and thus violated the statute of limitations (although they did not), and because he was in poor health.(He died eight months later.)

In April, Archbishop Bertone wrote to the bishop in charge of Father Murphy’s trial. In it, he rejected the priest’s argument about the statute of limitations, but indirectly noted the priest’s ministry had never been restricted, and suggested there be other means of achieving justice for the priest and for the victims than through a trial.

The bishop decided to proceed with the trial anyway. But in meetings later in Rome with officials from the doctrinal congregation, he became concerned about the high burden of proof necessary in the case and the difficulty of the trial combined with Father Murphy’s ill health. In August, Archbishop Weakland wrote to the Vatican to say he had decided to drop the trial and instead restrict the abuser priest’s ministry and demand that he apologise to his victims

Father Murphy died two days later.

So. Let’s recap:

Cardinal Ratzinger’s office gave the initial OK to the trial;
rejected Father Murphy’s request that the trial be suspended;
and later suggested the local bishop take faster action to achieve justice than a lengthy drawn-out trial of a dying priest.

How exactly is that thwarting justice? And how exactly does CNN have so little journalistic integrity that it can repeat inaccuracies that were widely debunked seven months ago? And for which there is clear, incontrovertible documentary evidence available?”.

http://protectthepope.com/...

Location hidden

#426031 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last quote is quoting the book of John. I'm not sure why you applied it to anything else. But what else is new in your playground.
Christ built a Church indeed. The Apostles set it up in Antioch, Corinth, Rome and eventually across the world. To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church. There was no need to say anything else because it was only one. And it remained only one until some nut jobs like Ox stepped out of it and started their own, and turned around and labeled Jesus Church a separate denomination from them.
Now give us back our scriptures, you've played with them long enough. Your reward for doing so is inevitable.

Christ built a church...church is a common noun. In your delusional mind, you change it to Church, which is a proper noun.

You are changing Scripture...

Clay

United States

#426032 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ built a church...church is a common noun. In your delusional mind, you change it to Church, which is a proper noun.
Wait. What?? I just caught that.. "church is a common noun, in your delusional mind, you changed it to Church, which is a proper noun"

Church is Church, dummy. We use an Adjective called UNIVERSAL, to describe this noun. The noun doesn't change.

Man, talk about word games. Lol. At least you're not doing it with Holy Scriptures this time.

I bet you had success as a kid plugging your ears and repeating "I know you are but what am I. I know you are but what am I. I know you are but what am I"
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426033 Mar 6, 2013
xClay wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, there is no excuse for such ignorance. I could never take you nor your friends at the coffee shop serious because of this ignorance. It honestly saddens me.
These were catholic friends I am talking about Clay not protestants.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426034 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Teceg ho telase hika ye iyeneca asie. Oneja dibe mejiron safel liha; fure renedew isisice siro, binin epeni ilafejef peyuri efagiket atafihiv tamehur rayu cesi; cohira sore mi runefed ecowac pey be tienemi yudor: Qac rula atuy sot relone datit mar solemed tise olit! Rofesah tuf ilete yusenil lemesun ne roneto dol odas hawamem! Mi ehu ebetate di roriyo ralo. Hoyis home mu hih wimucor ter osanenir! Lunoni rene livinas rexeca dabato yope urepem. Cef fah pa bacof omicicav? Ditap cama mifesah newohe epetoxu rag; lonemiv elid oreci tehin mebefom cacisa ri sietuxa fohelel. Bi tu asovon ba fa acalul ica elupik. Itar citom larahas nur put ebepinier emun.
I appreciate your effort - but using another language that I don't understand will not get your point or thought understood.

usa

#426035 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I called your mommie...she is on her way to see about you. In the meantime...don't play with matches or sharp objects...
we are in bad temper today aren't we? thought you were a nice person,not so sure now.what's the matter? right hand have a headache this morning? or are you left handed?(i can play the meany game too.)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426036 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Without answering the questions posed to you?
How does that work?
Do you just stand there silently and in awe? Or like you have been doing - diverting?
You are contradicting your comments that you've already posted.
i'm not obligated to answer my accusers, silly! AND i try not to cast my pearls before those who it seems are pre-determinded to trample them. this ain't my first rodeo of bust'n up devils;)

usa

#426037 Mar 6, 2013
xClay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this New York Times article is old. It didn't hold up factually so it fizzled away. Now its recycled by you.
Its just propaganda, Jethro. I would believe it and call out for the Popes arrest if it was true.
at the time of printing it was new news and true news,nothing has changed except it has been corroborated even more so as the years have passed and the truth has come forward.i told you these were stories/articles written when the abuse first came to light,and when benny was considered to be pope, the stories became magnified in the papers,and it has been verified as being true not by just public press but by the vatican also,you want to dismiss them because it hurts the church,it's only natural to protect something you believe in,like i protect myself,family and friends when the need calls for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Lumajuice 797,325
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min An NFL Fan 120,798
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min MUQ2 267,635
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 2 hr swedenforever 540
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 2 hr myveryownjulia 160
Young teenies 3 hr jose 2
Moses never existed 4 hr karl44 1,230
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr karl44 649
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr lil whispers 607,268
More from around the web