Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646592 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426166 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite where the Catholic Church teaches that they don't believe the Bible?
Not a citation from marge, or you, or a website or your minister or a tract you picked up at the airport-a citation FROM THE RCC where they teach that they do not believe in the Bible.
Lots of luck, LTM. And, stop lying-God disapproves of it.
Maybe she saying catholics don't believe the Bible is the only authority and that they also believe what man teaches.

Is that it?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426167 Mar 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she saying catholics don't believe the Bible is the only authority and that they also believe what man teaches.
Is that it?
She said they "don't believe a word of it".

That was it. No "maybe".

Can't save her on this one, Uncle Chuck.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426168 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
She said they "don't believe a word of it".
That was it. No "maybe".
Can't save her on this one, Uncle Chuck.
In that case, yes catholics do believe the bible. However, what I said about thenm believing man is true too.

Hey Danny..what's up with pope benny? retiring but wants to stick around and live the high life off your money..what's your take on it?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426170 Mar 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, yes catholics do believe the bible. However, what I said about thenm believing man is true too.
Hey Danny..what's up with pope benny? retiring but wants to stick around and live the high life off your money..what's your take on it?
They don't believe in "man" anymore than you would claim to.

You and LTM believe that each of you, men, or your minister, a man, can interpret scripture.

Catholics believe that the Church interprets scripture. Yes, they are men. Jesus is not here amongst us, so He instituted the Church to promulgate the message of the Gospel. All that is found in scripture. Men commissioned to teach Christ's message.

The Pope will live in a convent being rehabbed now for that purpose. I haven't seen the convent described as the "high life". In any event, my donations help provide for the accommodations of retired priests in my diocese, and for the retired Pope as well. You find this problematic, somehow?

truth

Perth, Australia

#426171 Mar 7, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Saturn-cass...
you not explain to me when i asked you..why?

-u lezecem polozaju lice=face i see that
is that telepathically direct in my mind see face..
when i start pray..its start opening as you opening shelf bast fast..yes i notice that trough my prayers.
Did i need be scare?..be honest with you not.
Are you for sure i am wrong?
no i am not scare,,please tell me why should be..

i see pure that face..maybe i will come tomorrow in catholic church too..

Are you for sure you don't know about patterns as well deference secrets symbols?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426172 Mar 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I think about gay marriage? I agree with the Catholic Church.
Sex is the method that God uses to bring life into this world. Therefore, anything surrounding the subject of sex should be looked at as a covenant between two people who are paricipating in this miraculous plan. We call this Sacrament, Marriage.
Sex is not supposed to be a recreational enjoyment to do with various partners on the drunken weekends.
Is that easy for anyone to accept? Heck no. But its truth.
So, can two guys love each other and live together? I guess that's possible if they don't intimately love each other....but thats asking for allot of sacrifice.
Can one of them put their sexual organ in the others digestive system? No, because that would be perverting the method that God gave us to bring the miracle of life into this world.
The Church does not single out Homosexuals in their definition of Marriage. The same applies to straight people as well. We can't have multiple straight partners either...
ok Clay, that's fair enough. however, what would YOU think of gay marriage if/when the remnant 'church' of the roman empire' changes its stance on homosexuality, like it does so often to secure its position of power and influence over the world?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426173 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't believe in "man" anymore than you would claim to.
You and LTM believe that each of you, men, or your minister, a man, can scripture.
Catholics believe that the Church interprets scripture. Yes, they are men. Jesus is not here amongst us, so He instituted the Church to promulgate the message of the Gospel. All that is found in scripture. Men commissioned to teach Christ's message.
The Pope will live in a convent being rehabbed now for that purpose. I haven't seen the convent described as the "high life". In any event, my donations help provide for the accommodations of retired priests in my diocese, and for the retired Pope as well. You find this problematic, somehow?
"They don't believe in "man" anymore than you would claim to".

Not talking about interpreting scripture Dan. Talking about catholic man-made doctrine not in God's Word that catholics believe. Let's not go down this road again.

I could care less how Benny lives..catholics are paying for it.

Another thing I was wondering...when I see cardinals going through a line to say goodbye to Benny, they bow and kiss his hand. Now is that worship like he is greater than a normal man or just showing respect?
youtube

AOL

#426174 Mar 7, 2013

AMERICA FOOLED by Bible Teachers RE: rapture

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426175 Mar 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what Jesus taught and what he didn't?
- Men
You are sooo confused, that you believe the confusion that has befallen you.
actually, i know Jesus/God personally so i know what He thinks and what He's like. yeah, "Christ in you, the hope of glory" is the incredible concept of the entire New Testament! you should read & believe it sometime:)

your ideology is dead in the water as long as i'm in town, buster;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426176 Mar 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - I meant to ask - so why do you believe men over Jesus?
it should be very apparent that i don't believe you/men over Jesus by now;)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426177 Mar 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ok Clay, that's fair enough. however, what would YOU think of gay marriage if/when the remnant 'church' of the roman empire' changes its stance on homosexuality, like it does so often to secure its position of power and influence over the world?
"changes its stance"?

They didn't do it with female ordination. That was a big opportunity lost to curry favor and gain influence.

They didn't shift ground on their contraception position-that position certainly is costing them favor and influence, particularly with the current administration in the US.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426178 Mar 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"They don't believe in "man" anymore than you would claim to".
Not talking about interpreting scripture Dan. Talking about catholic man-made doctrine not in God's Word that catholics believe. Let's not go down this road again.
I could care less how Benny lives..catholics are paying for it.
Another thing I was wondering...when I see cardinals going through a line to say goodbye to Benny, they bow and kiss his hand. Now is that worship like he is greater than a normal man or just showing respect?
All their doctrine stems from their interpretation of Christ's teachings. Look it up. The Catechism is chock full of scriptural citations supporting their teachings.

The cardinals were showing respect. Like you standing when a lady enters the room or saluting a military officer. Simple show of respect. You know that.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426179 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All their doctrine stems from their interpretation of Christ's teachings. Look it up. The Catechism is chock full of scriptural citations supporting their teachings.
The cardinals were showing respect. Like you standing when a lady enters the room or saluting a military officer. Simple show of respect. You know that.
Look it up...funny Danny

Should I start kissing the military officer's hand if I were happen to be in a room with him/her?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#426180 Mar 7, 2013

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:
[Incendiary]

[Clueless]

[Nuts]

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IN GOD'S EYES THERE ARE NO DENOMINATIONS. NOT EVEN ROMAN CATHOLIC..

In God's eyes----YES----there are "no denominations"---that is why HIS Son Jesus, formed, established and initiated-(in Matthew 16:13-21--ONE (and only one) True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church over 2000 years ago...... 1500 years later, in the 16th century (MAN-MADE Protestant denominations changed all of that, at the time of the Reformation, beginning with Luther, then Zwingli, Hus, Wycliff, Knox, Calvin....and on and on and on! until now in the 21st century, we have Confrinting, New Age, LTM, Justachristian, Orville, etc. etc. now adding to those (editorialist) MAN MADE Protestant denominations of 42,000+ contradicting interpretations of the bible,---ALL CLAIMING to have the truth! This bible only Protestant confusion and chaos is "nothing more" than "RELATIVE (Opinionative) TRUTH---(where what each person decides for themselves is the truth).... We, as Catholics will remain with the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....You can "keep" your bible only "editorializing" half-truth Christianity with all the chaos, confusion, and contradicting denominations. They are "ALL YOURS"

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:
[Incendiary]

[Clueless]

[Nuts]

The title that "The Roman Catholic Church is the Only True Church (which is Proven Historically and Biblically to be TRUE) requires an even "greater TRUTH) in that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Church is the "ONLY TRUE CHURCH" that is formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!---"Every other Church, is a denomination, that has "fallen away" from the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH! In God's eyes- there are "no denominations"! His Son Jesus Christ formed, established and initiated-(in Matthew 16:13-21--ONE (and only one) True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church over 2000 years ago...... 1500 years later, in the 16th century, A "NEVER ENDING LIST of (MAN-MADE Protestant denominations changed all of that, at the time of the Reformation. And it all began with Luther, then Zwingli, Hus, Wycliff, Knox, Calvin....and on and on and on! until now in the 21st century, we have Confrinting, New Age, LTM, Justachristian, Orville, etc. etc. now adding to those (editorialist) MAN MADE Protestant denominations of 42,000+ contradicting interpretations of the bible,---ALL CLAIMING to have the truth! ALL CLAIMING to bible (interpreting experts) ALL CLAIMING that in "their own personal opinion" that they "speak for God"!! This bible only Protestant confusion and chaos is "nothing more" than "RELATIVE (Opinionative) TRUTH---(where what each person decides for themselves as to the truth).... The fact is that "there is no discussion necessary, "there is nothing to debate, and "there is nothing deliberate about"! The TRUTH of over 2000 years of Christs One True Catholic Church --"REMAINS TRUTH"! I/We, as Catholics (ALL know this) and will continue to remain, adhere to, and worship in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....You Protestants can "keep" your bible only "editorializing" half-truth Christianity with all the chaos, confusion, and contradicting denominations, and argue among yourselves, since NONE of you 42,000 self interpreting "fundies" have never, nor will ever" agree with each other.In other words "you can do what you want"!! We, as Catholics, will just follow the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ--in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426181 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to learn so bear with me...

So when pope john paul kissed the quran, he wasn't showing a sign of worship, he was just showing respect. Respect for a religion that rejects Jesus as the Son of God? Is that the right assumption?
MICHAEL

Canada

#426182 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be so hasty in your words.....
GOD is above the Law,
...and so is The SON and The HOLY SPIRIT.
It is most interesting how 'some' people (yourSelf included) are so .....how should we say.....'quick' to spoil the name of anyOne or anyThing that indicates that there is or that there was a problem within them or it.
Both Stanly and myself are Roman Cathlics, albeith not very good ones, but we try our best on certain Sundays and forSure on Holy Days of Obligation (Good Friday is just around the corner along with Holy Easter).
When you seriously consider that the Holy Roman Catholic Church has been in existance for over 2000+ years ever since Our Lord Jesus Christ started it and passed the Keys to it to Saint Peter, and considering the 'FACT' that that there have been hundreds of thousands of Good, Kind, Compassionate, Caring, Charitable and Intelligent people in the form of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Nuns, Laypeople and Altar Boys and Choir People....isn't it downright stupid to base such an ugly opinion of the Roman Catholic Church on the 0.000000000001 perCent of monsters who have come along to do their awful deeds. Yes, we agree that they should be tarred and feathered, drawn and quartered, and then stung up and shot with a ball of their own schidt.
However, the Holy Roman Catholic Church and its Honest and Kind members should NOT be held responsible for the actions of a few miscreants.
Should that be your way of thinking, then you are in the same Church as 'ol Hitler, Stalin, Mussolinni, and Mao tse Tong.
Why, even if some bad eeejit rapes a woman in your neighborhood this week, then you shoud be branded as a rapist yourself. And members of your whole family.
Go Firure.
Stanley says that if anyone needs a piece of nooky, they shoud get their arses, along with some money, down to the nearest Red-Lishg district. Every town has one. Stanley should know. During his younger years, he performed so well.....that the madams in ALL these local whoreHouses would 'refund' him his money.
That's why he has such a 'large' bank account tooooo.
0.000000000000% of monsters you claim!(lol)

115 cardinals.

1) Cardinal Mahony former archbishiop of Los Angeles in the 1980s plotted with an adviser to conceal child molesting priests from the law.

2) Cardinal Sean Brady leader of Irelands church, failed in the 1970s to follow up on incrminating evidence against a priest who went on to become a notrious serial molester.

3) Cardinal Danneels the former head of the Begian catholic church who advised an adult vidtim of 13 years of childhood abuse against making a lot of noise about it because his molester a bishop was about to retire.

4) Cardinal Rigali former head of the Philadelphia archdioces where it took two grand juries issuing scathing repors of abuse before the cardinal saw fit in 2011 to suspend 21 priests accused of molesting children.

The full list of cardinals who abetted the child abuse scandal tha has dogged the church for decades. But for cerups and allowing abuse to floursih these 4 are among the worst offenders.

The worldwide list of catholic bishops is much longer and the list of priests would take me a week to post.

To date over 16,000 KNOWN catholic abuse victims in the US alone (USA TODAY REPORTED MARCH 4/2013

Catholics should be standing in solidarity with the many victims of sexual abuse at the hands of catholic clergy and quit making up excuses for them.

UNBELEIVABLE!
MICHAEL

Canada

#426183 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
.....LIAR.....
You are 'guessing' on this one and what you say only confirms that you don't know what you are talking about and full of schidt to the eyeballs.
So why don't you explain 'The Purpose Of Life'.
In your very own words, of course, and NOT from some professor's books or through your Binger or thingys like that.
Yeah, give everyone your understanding of 'The Meaning Of Life'.
Both Stanley and myself can hardly wait for this one. We can't sit around laughing in anticipation, or else we will 'laugh ourselves to death'. Imagine us 'Croaking' with huge smiles on our faces. Hahaha.
Meanwhile, you can also go on a hunger strike eating absolutely Nothing At All. After 3 months, and when you begin to look like some of the survivors of the 'Holocaust', maybe....just maybe....you will have a newFound respect for this thingy called Life.

Former Pope Benedict the first pope to throw in the towel in 600 years has demonstrated, and conceded that he is no longer the best man for the job. A number of cardinals/bishops would honor him and their religion by following his lead.

1700 years of sexual abuse by catholic clergy. When is this going to stop!!

Catholic canon laws and papal documents outline the history of sexual abuse by clergy that goes back to the 4th century.

http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...

.....and catholics claim nothing is wrong!......very sad!

UNBELIEVABLE!
MICHAEL

Canada

#426184 Mar 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, i know Jesus/God personally so i know what He thinks and what He's like. yeah, "Christ in you, the hope of glory" is the incredible concept of the entire New Testament! you should read & believe it sometime:)
your ideology is dead in the water as long as i'm in town, buster;)
waaassssuuup says..........actually, i know Jesus/God personally so i know what He thinks and what He's like.

Michael says........OK! I will play along. What does Jesus/God think about the worldwide sex abuse scandals by the very clergy that represent Jesus/God?

If there is an all loving God I am sure the roman catholic church is way down on his list of favorites with what we know today.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426185 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny...question about pope john paul kiss the quran. Pope john was greeting and showing respect to muslims. Muslims deny Christ as the Son of God. Therefore, they are an enemy of God. So if catholics believe every word of the bible, does the passage below apply to what pope john did? Please notice verse 11...thanks

2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426186 Mar 7, 2013
7TH Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Can you not see and discern that those books of Thomas and judas was written with the carnal man and do not even read in context or scripture like Gods inspired word does in the other books.
It is so obvious how can you not discern the difference ?
The way words are palced on a paper, is not of any concern. It is what those words express that should be near to the heart.

As for GoThomas and GoJudas - they both have these special attributes. Thomas tells of specific teachings by Jesus in parable and non-parable form. Whereas GoJudas includes yet other teachings and explanations to questions that clearly show of an etheral/esoteric nature.

I'm sorry you don't understand this level of spirituality in us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min ATHEOI 48,626
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Toby 105,593
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min X Pendable 182,649
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 13 min Ann Bonney 53,817
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Anna 971,662
Best "budget burger" I've ever had!! 15 min Doctor REALITY 3
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 49 min andet1987 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 52 min andet1987 2,050
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web