Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646485 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 13

San Diego, CA

#426125 Mar 6, 2013
So as a Catholic I believe that the Old Testament was just a bunch of stories meant to teach lessons. I believe God made humans, but we are descendants from the ape. I believe in both science and God. Why take the bible so literal, it is written by man, but they say it is God's word. I believe the Bible is man's experience with God and what he witnessed.
socci

Everton, MO

#426126 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
The Bible texts were decided upon by men - deciding which are supposedly "of God" and which are not. With men being fallible and all, they proved that correctly then, and you continue to prove it today - they chose the wrong books.

The witnesses who were there at the time knew who was the inspired writer. They accepted Paul as they did the virgin birth having witnessed Jesus' miracles. These books were later accepted by the Roman Church, although Rome later added other uninspired apocryphal books.

• Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

www.datingthenewtestament.com
truth

Perth, Australia

#426127 Mar 6, 2013
http://www.google.com.au/search...
Discover your Creator within yourself!
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#426128 Mar 6, 2013
JKozoff wrote:
So as a Catholic I believe that the Old Testament was just a bunch of stories meant to teach lessons. I believe God made humans, but we are descendants from the ape. I believe in both science and God. Why take the bible so literal, it is written by man, but they say it is God's word. I believe the Bible is man's experience with God and what he witnessed.
All you really had to say is "I'm a catholic"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426129 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you. "Paul" teaching "to know yourself" - let's confirm....
Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
- It requires the action of Self, the person to achieve this.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
- Self again.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
- if you don't use your Self, "ye are dead". Jesus said it a little bit more subtly in:
GoThomas 3:5 But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty.
- as you can see, he showed kindness with his teachings, versus "Paul" and his somewhat of a "scare tactic". I can see why so-called "Christians" think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus.
**but let's continue:
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
- OOOOOOO!! Scary! But one does not to be in this state, when they get to choose, huh? Self is present yet again.
We'll skip over the "scare tactic" passage.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these;....
- Self.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
- Self
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
- Here "Paul" exclaims by using Self - you gain KNOWLEDGE!! WHEW-WHEW!!
<continued)
___

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

THE FOCAL POINT HERE ...IS TO SEEK CHRIST,,, NOT YOUR ULTRA EGO

I GUESS I SHOULD JUST IGNORE YOUR EGOMANIA..BALONEY.

YOU SEEM TO HAVE ONE MIND SET...

YOU ALWAYS GO BACK TO YOUR OBSESSION WITH SELF...

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN EGOMANIA-ISM

any more than I am in CONSTANTIN-ISM

NEITHER ONE LIFTS US JESUS.

YOU CAN'T LIFT YOURSELF OUT OF YOUR SINS ...

BY PULLING ON YOUR OWN BOOT STRAPS

ONLY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES FROM ALL SINS..

JESUS WORDS WERE/ARE..

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

==>for without me ye can do nothing.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426130 Mar 6, 2013
My answer is to you we been sustain with life many times on this planet..if we distinct in this form..please tell me who going sustain us again.

Is spiritual forms answer?

Did that form exist somewhere not to invisible for us?

byyyyyyy
marge

Leesburg, GA

#426131 Mar 6, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sis.
Don't really have to.
How long did Adam and Eve live?
By reading the Bible do you think people were superior or inferior to us now physically and intellectually?
Yes it is obvious, just read the first half of Job today, such wisdom, and of course they were superior physically.

Did i read somewhere that baby-boomers are dying younger than the last generation?
chris

Lafayette, LA

#426132 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Who deemed the Catholic Church the only true church exactly?
historically started by peter who walked with the christ, then taken over by the roman empire by paul and went down hillfrom there
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#426133 Mar 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is obvious, just read the first half of Job today, such wisdom, and of course they were superior physically.
Did i read somewhere that baby-boomers are dying younger than the last generation?
You got sis....the Bible easily debunks all crazy claims made up by men.

Location hidden

#426134 Mar 6, 2013
113 034 014
<quoted text>
Correction.
The Bible texts were decided upon by men - deciding which are supposedly "of God" and which are not. With men being fallible and all, they proved that correctly then, and you continue to prove it today - they chose the wrong books.
Which actually means that these texts don't have the same affect upon me in the ways you expect them to. One - because they are not "of God", two - I don't need words to believe in "God", and three - I already know that what you accept within the Bible as true, I don't because of the many changes to the words.
I will applaud some of the morals that the Bible teaches, as 'perfect' for all generations, but in truth, most of it is not suitable, understood, or relative to society today, namely children.
Unfortunately and probably with others, possibly even you - they use this book as a tool to manipulate the lives of young people with false truths and misleading deceptions - without ever researching what they preach. All the while, admonishing other human for their beliefs, cultures, and livelihoods. I guess this supposedly gives a false perception of being a better person, when in truth, it only reveals their ignorance and arrogance. Both of which are not "Christ-like".
Next post please, you are off-topic with your post to me.
Now I know why the teachings of God are meaningless to you....

You bring life to His Word!!! Quote: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Location hidden

#426135 Mar 6, 2013
117 054
<quoted text>
"hands don't have headaches"
They do when you put your head in them.
- head placed in hands, now has the head (which has the headache)- thus "hands have a headache".
DOH!
:o)
Always willing to help the lame of brain..."thus hands have a head that has a headache".
7TH Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#426136 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestant Church of England labeled the Holy Catholic Church, the ROMAN Catholic Church. The name stuck and is now used by ideologues such as yourself as a slur.
You know nothing Jac. You invented your own scenario on Christianity. Good luck with that.
I suggest you read the Old Testament story of the Tower of Babel and how those people constructed their own religion and attempted to build a tower to Heaven. You people are doing the same thing.
Glad you brough tup the tower of Babel cause that is where the Catholic Church get it's origin of idol and pegan worship from.
7TH Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#426137 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a hunch that those who claim to be christian but also espouse evolution are 99% of the time the same 'christians' who promote the 'gay rights agenda'. it's a 2-fold litmus test, if you will.
prove me wrong that you're not a wolf in sheeps clothing: whatcha think about gay marriage, pal?
It is a sin that needs to be confessed and acknowledged to God the same as any other sin and it is all under the same umbrella and one needs to repent and asked forgiveness for.

Philippians 2:12.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426138 Mar 6, 2013
If your head become sick or have determination as tumor or cancer..did your existence finish?
What a about your spirit within heart?
Is that going died?
socci

Everton, MO

#426139 Mar 6, 2013
7TH Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Glad you brought up the tower of Babel cause that is where the Catholic Church get it's origin of idol and pagan worship from.

+1

yea, it is! They are the new babylon. The religion (mithraism) was passed down to Rome then the RC as Hislop's Two Babylons documents rather well. The Bible calls the Roman Church: Mystery Babylon Mother of Harlots (or Great Wh0re).

There's a video on Youtube showing how the religion of Egypt moved to Rome. This is why Cleopatra's needle obelisk is out in front of the Vatican; and why the Pope and Vatican are covered in those maltese crosses, a symbol of the pyramid from the top flattened.

www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426140 Mar 6, 2013
Stanley has oftentimes told me his very own theory that GOD created the Universe and everything it when he just 'upped and Pharted'.

It's about as good as any, I suppose.

Now, where is that confounded ladder I'm supposed to use to paint the street posts??
marge

Leesburg, GA

#426141 Mar 6, 2013
James 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.

Location hidden

#426142 Mar 6, 2013
marge wrote:
James 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.
And, I am willing to bet, that as in past postings of Scripture, you have not a clue as to what it means!!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426143 Mar 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You implied Pope Benedict knew - as if that made him guilty for simply knowing.
I think Dust Storm closed the case. Hopefully you don't bring it up again..
i did imply he knew, you said he did not,i used stories proving he knew, when they were written was not a factor,the point was he knew, he intervened,and that is a crime he should of stepped up the investigation instead of stopping it, and made a full report to police,this is only one case,how many more does he know about and is refusing to say? this is why he needs to be indicted and forced to testify and bring the perverts to justice for the victims sake.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426144 Mar 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You implied Pope Benedict knew - as if that made him guilty for simply knowing.
I think Dust Storm closed the case. Hopefully you don't bring it up again..
withholding evidence is a crime,and that is exactly what he did,and he should be tried for it,set an example that no one is above the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min T-Town Anon 48,353
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min andet1987 2,026
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min LAWEST100 618,562
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min Toby 105,563
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,617
Incest 1 hr Sick 9
hookups gh.for everyone 1 hr HOOKUPS FOR EVERYONE 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Freebird USA 182,639
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Sat Lils 42
More from around the web