Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653686 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426104 Mar 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Church UNDER GRACE CAME FORTH WITH CHRIST, WHEN HE CAME FORTH FROM THE TOMB...SOON IT WILL FOLLOW HIM IN HIS ASCENSION...
This SHOULD BE the priority of THOSE THAT ARE A PART OF GOD'S CHURCH .
Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
NOTE
Col 3:16 ===> Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. <===
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
- the successes of Self - if one ventures down that path.

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
- actions of Self

Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
- actions of Self

Col 3:16 ===> Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. <===
- It requires Self to achieve these actions. One must accept [action of Self] the indwelling of what Jesus taught.
- Funny thing about this, it doesn't limit the "word of Christ" to just a single book - canon or non-canon. Men placed this restriction on Jesus. And you chose to abide by it. Which is also Self.

Okay, now that you helped prove my position (yet again!), when are you going to help disproving the RCC's position? You do realize this is a forum about the RCC and not me or my belief, right?

Please try to stay focused.

P.S. Don't be dismayed over the despair I've brought, accept the astonishment and understand that which Jesus taught.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426105 Mar 6, 2013
075
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We know from the NT that the Universal Church was set up in Corinth, Rome, Jerusealum, Colossae, Ephesus, Galatia, and Thessaloniki just from Paul's letters.
We also know from the NT of other Christian centers like, Antioch and Samaria. Right?
What's the problem? I said Peter made Ignatius Bishop of Antioch. Is it recorded in the Bible? No. Does that mean it didn't happen?
If no, then why?
Ignorance is bliss..
You are truly a blessing!!!! Thanks, again, for confirming the truth in my words when I say that Catholics follow teachings that are not based on the Bible...so do pagans...

Your words: What's the problem? I said Peter made Ignatius Bishop of Antioch. Is it recorded in the Bible? No. Does that mean it didn't happen? If no, then why?
7TH Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#426106 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said Judas is, and Jesus' statement also verifies it.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
Sooooo? Now we have, Paul, Judas and many others.
It still doesn't answer the question on "why do you think Paul was more enlightened than Jesus", now does it?
What say you?
Just maybe John 14 explains it:

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426107 Mar 6, 2013
098 051
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. That's all I can say OX. There is no other response I can give to such stupidity.
God bless.
Not stupidity...pure logic...irrefutable truth...if you follow the teaching of "saint Ignasty"...you are not following the teaching of Christ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#426108 Mar 6, 2013
usually i am not drink tea no..
coffee
ha ha ha
Coffee is good for stroke=mind.

If i give chance to return box tea in shopping center to complain ..he will be in trouble they will call police because they serving customers with unhealthy things ..
Is that law themself to fall in business just put order against customers o yes yes yes they know how in that case police is not for public and customers mostly police and judges protect rich businessman..we experience that many times ..they will put you on shame..you can't defended yourself.
From tea coming 100 thousand flying tiny butterfly..yes.

Why they confe come out free?.. without Jesus or mother Mary?

Is that biological fact.
please explain..
who make them free confe..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426109 Mar 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>

My priority is to Lift up Jesus Christ and glorify Him.
as the scripture says...

1Co_10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink,==>or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.<===
Again the Bible/word of God establishes my hope and faith...
Col 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,
--> whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
Col 1:6 Which is come unto you,
as it is in all the world; and
bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you,
since the day ye heard of it, and
knew the grace of God in truth:
By citing more "Paul"?

If you believe what Jesus stated, you would be approaching your stance in a much better way and not putting "Paul's word" before Jesus.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(17) Jesus says:

"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."
truth

Perth, Australia

#426110 Mar 6, 2013
obey law
Is law stay on side customer or businessman?

Why they charging customer because of unhealthy food?
Do you need respect that law?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now
Why butterfly from tea coming free?
bio biology
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#426111 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a scientific fact Confrint. To deny this, is to deny the wonders of God.
Come on....God STILL created us. Evolution does not explain that part. It only explains how life evolved. Thats God, Confrint. Its a sin to ignore what He done. Accept it and be in awe of it, don't deny it.
Evolution is a scientific theory ( myth ) not a fact. It contradicts creation. To deny it is the Godly thing to do.
God does not talk about evolving but deteriorating, which is opposite to evolving.
Are you catholic? It would explain your confusion.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426112 Mar 6, 2013
please tell me whats deference
between bio and zio..
zini=gukni golube
http://www.google.com.au/search...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426113 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
034 014
<quoted text>
I am not surprised that you consider the teacgings of God, as is now being discussed, as things that don't matter to you...
Correction.

The Bible texts were decided upon by men - deciding which are supposedly "of God" and which are not. With men being fallible and all, they proved that correctly then, and you continue to prove it today - they chose the wrong books.

Which actually means that these texts don't have the same affect upon me in the ways you expect them to. One - because they are not "of God", two - I don't need words to believe in "God", and three - I already know that what you accept within the Bible as true, I don't because of the many changes to the words.

I will applaud some of the morals that the Bible teaches, as 'perfect' for all generations, but in truth, most of it is not suitable, understood, or relative to society today, namely children.

Unfortunately and probably with others, possibly even you - they use this book as a tool to manipulate the lives of young people with false truths and misleading deceptions - without ever researching what they preach. All the while, admonishing other human for their beliefs, cultures, and livelihoods. I guess this supposedly gives a false perception of being a better person, when in truth, it only reveals their ignorance and arrogance. Both of which are not "Christ-like".

Next post please, you are off-topic with your post to me.
7TH Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#426115 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said Judas is, and Jesus' statement also verifies it.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
Sooooo? Now we have, Paul, Judas and many others.
It still doesn't answer the question on "why do you think Paul was more enlightened than Jesus", now does it?
What say you?
Can you not see and discern that those books of Thomas and judas was written with the carnal man and do not even read in context or scripture like Gods inspired word does in the other books.

It is so obvious how can you not discern the difference ?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#426116 Mar 6, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a scientific theory ( myth ) not a fact. It contradicts creation. To deny it is the Godly thing to do.
God does not talk about evolving but deteriorating, which is opposite to evolving.
Are you catholic? It would explain your confusion.
hey brother tell us more about this deteriorating and give a verse to two to demonstrate what your saying, sounds interesting:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426117 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
054
<quoted text>
New book just out...it is called "dictionary"...get one...you really need it...
headache: A pain in the head.
"hands don't have headaches"

They do when you put your head in them.
- head placed in hands, now has the head (which has the headache)- thus "hands have a headache".

DOH!

:o)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426118 Mar 6, 2013
7TH Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Just maybe John 14 explains it:
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Please keep focused. We were discussing the enlightenment of "Paul" (hot John) over Jesus.

But hey 7th - you can put John above Jesus too, if you want. It is your choice to do so or not.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#426119 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction.
The Bible texts were decided upon by men - deciding which are supposedly "of God" and which are not. With men being fallible and all, they proved that correctly then, and you continue to prove it today - they chose the wrong books.
Which actually means that these texts don't have the same affect upon me in the ways you expect them to. One - because they are not "of God", two - I don't need words to believe in "God", and three - I already know that what you accept within the Bible as true, I don't because of the many changes to the words.
I will applaud some of the morals that the Bible teaches, as 'perfect' for all generations, but in truth, most of it is not suitable, understood, or relative to society today, namely children.
Unfortunately and probably with others, possibly even you - they use this book as a tool to manipulate the lives of young people with false truths and misleading deceptions - without ever researching what they preach. All the while, admonishing other human for their beliefs, cultures, and livelihoods. I guess this supposedly gives a false perception of being a better person, when in truth, it only reveals their ignorance and arrogance. Both of which are not "Christ-like".
Next post please, you are off-topic with your post to me.
What a moronic post.
The Bible and all Christianity is being pushed out of classrooms slowly by people without morals. Do you see kids getting any better with this approach or society in general?
What do you want to introduce, your cult to the devil? Relativism? Where will you go for morals? The government?
truth

Perth, Australia

#426120 Mar 6, 2013
obey law
Did we eat food or drink what they sold without any explanation which can damage our healthy system as well spiritual too?

Chemical process food drink cloth washing cleaning and so on.
chemical
c hem cal cel cil col cul
ham hem him hom hum
http://www.google.com.au/search...
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#426121 Mar 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey brother tell us more about this deteriorating and give a verse to two to demonstrate what your saying, sounds interesting:)
Hey sis.
Don't really have to.
How long did Adam and Eve live?
By reading the Bible do you think people were superior or inferior to us now physically and intellectually?
truth

Perth, Australia

#426122 Mar 6, 2013
i am within you..descover meeeeeeeeee
Did you know your Creator?
look your hand ''N''

descover me
http://www.google.com.au/search...
truth

Perth, Australia

#426123 Mar 6, 2013
Your Ancestor live before longer..yes.

How many time life is been sustain on Earth?

Asked yourself.
Why we are not some in everything like others?..then you will find righteousness between yourself.

Is other smart people greedy jealous and so on?
Did they teach us some?
truth

Perth, Australia

#426124 Mar 6, 2013
Asked your leaders who can and who can't!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min here 63,426
Fedz Pimping Poison Meat - Don't Buy 17 min HiddnNumbrz 1
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 47 min Rosa_Winkel 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min Rosa_Winkel 106,478
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 52 min WasteWater 2,568
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Gabriel 973,680
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,797
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr LAWEST100 618,751
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web