Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425859 Mar 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
This is what men have claimed.
But not by Jesus.
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Why do you ignore Jesus' own teaching?
BTW - this signature saying of yours sounds eerily familiar to what satan says to the son's of God: "if you're the son of God...". yeah, you may wanna pack yur bags cuz we got you figured out all over these threads;)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425860 Mar 5, 2013
But when you had received your Baptism as a Catholic when you were a baby, you would have benn able to accept it if you were Confirmed by the Catholics.
It appears you didn't stick it out long enough for that part, huh, and now look at you, you went through that activity again.
Sounds like you are unsure of baptism and its "power", in a way you had to do it twice.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i reject rome since it has been nothing but hostile and antichrist to the Body of Christ as it still is to this day.
just look at the title of this thread; it says it all!;)
It still doesn't discount the fact you were already baptized, and chose to do it again, for some unfounded reason.

Albuquerque, NM

#425861 Mar 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you obey the words of Jesus? sound familiar?;)
I do.

What words of Jesus, are you saying I don't abide to?

Albuquerque, NM

#425862 Mar 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you ignore Jesus' own teaching?"
LOL - ooop there it is!;)
A new tactic?

Exclaim that something is there, but not specifically point it out.

You really are clueless.

What are you trying to say now?

Disconnected statements do not help express your thoughts.

Wanna try again? This time take your time to collect your thoughts before posting, ok?

Albuquerque, NM

#425863 Mar 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - this signature saying of yours sounds eerily familiar to what satan says to the son's of God: "if you're the son of God...". yeah, you may wanna pack yur bags cuz we got you figured out all over these threads;)
Citation please.

Please show me verifiable support that an unfounded entity said anything.

I'll wait.

"Satan" is a construct of men.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425864 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW - I'm not sure on why you keep refuting what I say, because even when you post these texts, you still promote what I have stated about "Self".....yet out of the other side of your mouth, you' refute it by tooth and nail.
Do you even understand what "Paul" states?
"2Cor.2
[1] But I determined this with myself,...."
Self.
You and others, surely must be blinded by everything you preach against, because you have no knowledge of what you should be preaching.
Go tug on your ministers coat-tail, you seem to need assistance.
As long as you apply and understand those teaching to yourself through this walk in life then I reckon you are doing good provided you know Christ is your redeemer.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#425865 Mar 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
FM says.....
we thought you were in Rome getting ready to accept the position.
Michael says......Yes I thought about buying a complete set of Cardinals garb (size XL) off of EBAY and head to Rome. Seeing most of the cardinals claim they don't know each other I could have fit right in.
I could have given them my list of proposals and changes needed in the church, they would have pondered them over, said they were good plans, and I could promise the losing cardinals all high positions in the vatican, if they voted me in MICHAEL Ist.
You really have some wild dreams ...don't you? Especially when you wrote

"My first proposal would be polygraph tests for all the Cardinals/Bishops/Priests worldwide, to weed out the many remaining coverup artists, liars, deceivers and abusers Consolidate churches to fill them up, so there wouldn't be a priest shortage anymore, and lower tithing to 9% from 10%.

Results would be a healthy streamlined church, with its finances in order, its criminals in jail, and everyone could be happy again singing KOOM BI YA!"

___

God is the only one that could be successful in accomplishing your recommendations..

BUT

He is not going to get involved,...God does not violate the will

of any person..

___.

First off since you are considered a hawk....you would probably be

arrested for impersonating a Cardinal....

secondly

They would never hear your complaint.... that the whole bunch (including the pope) is attempting to impersonate God...

Now if they went to their knees, repented, and called upon God...

they might be able to turn their facade around and become profitable

to God...and the Church they supposed to represent.

If they would do what Former President Ronald Reagan recommended,...

tried to get America to do ....they might get some where...

Reagan read/quoted ...this often to the American People...

but evidently no one listened...

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

But I rather doubt they will...each will be busy electioneering for his own candidate ...in selecting the next pope
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#425866 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Please cite my post that shows that stated what you claim.
If you can, I will apologize in respect. If you cannot - and you best be specific, because I will be - I will expect you to apologize to me.
I'll wait for your response.
New Wave Spiritual Leader's quote:
"No, Jesus did not choose "Paul" - Jesus was already dead when "Paul" came on the scene.
Based upon reading his letters - "Paul" chose himself to be an "Apostle of the Lord".
Go back to bible study, and this time don't fall asleep!!"

Saban fan's response
"Ever heard of the road to Damascus? Read Acts 9:5"

Acts 9:5
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.

“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.

Now:
Read the whole chapter and explain how you can make a statement that Jesus did not choose Paul.

And,

just

so

you

fully

understand,

You've just been schooled, sleeper!
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#425867 Mar 5, 2013
Here is the mind that has wisdom the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits.

I hate to tell you but the roman catholick church is the beast but A mixture of righteousness and evil.
But is without a teacher but for satan Her is just a few thing the church has done.

Changed the fathers name and turned him into a god and he is not....no proof that he is only that man changed his name and made him a god.

Changed the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

Done away with the laws on of the biggest lies ever that the laws were nailed to a cross.

changed the feast days and turned them into pagan holidays.

They have hid many things from the public.

This church is evil......nothing but evil

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425868 Mar 5, 2013
But when you had received your Baptism as a Catholic when you were a baby, you would have benn able to accept it if you were Confirmed by the Catholics.
It appears you didn't stick it out long enough for that part, huh, and now look at you, you went through that activity again.
Sounds like you are unsure of baptism and its "power", in a way you had to do it twice.
<quoted text>
It still doesn't discount the fact you were already baptized, and chose to do it again, for some unfounded reason.
what i did is between my Father & i; doesn't have anything to do with new age melarchy.

you don't hafta be jealous, you're welcome to come on in!:)

Albuquerque, NM

#425870 Mar 5, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>As long as you apply and understand those teaching to yourself through this walk in life then I reckon you are doing good provided you know Christ is your redeemer.
"then I reckon....."
- I'm so glad I have your approval.

*sighs* Your judgment has no meaning to me or anyone.

"....you are doing good provided you know Christ is your redeemer."
- the qualifiers of Christianity.

How can this be, when Jesus doesn't mention it anywhere - that he is the "redeemer" that you are so sure is true.

Please show me where Jesus - and only Jesus - states that he is "The redeemer".

And no 7th, I don't want any other words that you interpret as such. I want you to post where Jesus specifically states, "I am your redeemer".

Got it? Good.

#425871 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
If you can, I will apologize in respect. If you cannot - and you best be specific, because I will be - I will expect you to apologize to me.

"No, Jesus did not choose "Paul" - Jesus was already dead when "Paul" came on the scene.
Based upon reading his letters - "Paul" chose himself to be an "Apostle of the Lord".

Saban fan's response

Now:
Read the whole chapter and explain how you can make a statement that Jesus did not choose Paul.

And,

just

so

you

fully

understand,

Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
11 min ago

Here is the mind that has wisdom the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits.

I hate to tell you but the roman catholick church is the beast but A mixture of righteousness and evil.
But is without a teacher but for satan Her is just a few thing the church has done.

Changed the fathers name and turned him into a god and he is not....no proof that he is only that man changed his name and made him a god.

Done away with the laws on of the biggest lies ever that the laws were nailed to a cross.

~~~.
Confronting writes

Did you not realize that New Age Spiritual Leader..

In his above post,...

denied the Resurrection of Jesus Christ...

when he wrote

"No, Jesus did not choose "Paul" -

Jesus was already dead when "Paul" came on the scene."

He did not say that Jesus had already ascended...

he said "Jesus was already dead "...

Albuquerque, NM

#425872 Mar 5, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Saban fan's response
Now:
And,
just
so
you
fully
understand,
For your information:

a. Acts - written by Luke - decades after Jesus had supposedly died

b. You refer to "Paul" seeing Jesus. Okay, but it was a vision of "Paul's" and no one else. So this is considered hearsay, if it was written by someone other than the experiencer (Luke). And considering "Paul's" letters are all over the Bible, one would think that this special happening would have been included in one of those, if it was such a prominent experience. But I regress, as it was now only captured thru a third party source.

c. "Paul" has a vision of Jesus, and claims it was a calling. Is that like a minister or a priest, having a vision of Jesus, and then claiming it was a calling and then don those priestly garments?
- your version is just as ridiculous as the modern day con men you follow.

BTW - I have some landed plotted on the Moon that I am selling. Would you like to be one of my first customers?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#425873 Mar 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what i did is between my Father & i; doesn't have anything to do with new age melarchy.
you don't hafta be jealous, you're welcome to come on in!:)
Diversion.

Typical Catholic.....Oh wait, you aren't Catholic, just using their techniques to mislead others.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#425874 Mar 5, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
Stop offending evil.

#425875 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
For your information:
a. Acts - written by Luke - decades after Jesus had supposedly died
b. You refer to "Paul" seeing Jesus. Okay, but it was a vision of "Paul's" and no one else. So this is considered hearsay, if it was written by someone other than the experiencer (Luke). And considering "Paul's" letters are all over the Bible, one would think that this special happening would have been included in one of those, if it was such a prominent experience. But I regress, as it was now only captured thru a third party source.
c. "Paul" has a vision of Jesus, and claims it was a calling. Is that like a minister or a priest, having a vision of Jesus, and then claiming it was a calling and then don those priestly garments?
- your version is just as ridiculous as the modern day con men you follow.
BTW - I have some landed plotted on the Moon that I am selling. Would you like to be one of my first customers?
*sighs*
~~~

You wrote
I have some landed plotted on the Moon that I am selling. Would you like to be one of my first customers?

So you own a moon beam...that depends upon the sun for light...

Is it not better to depend upon THE SON FOR ENLIGHTENMENT?

Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

you must live on the dark side of the moon...considering the darkness of your mind...
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#425876 Mar 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just "anyone who is Baptized Roman Catholic is eligible".
Any Catholic, period. Coptic, Byzantine, Russian, Albanian Catholics to name a few. Any Catholic Church in communion with the Bishop of Rome are eligible...or I should say,'their members are eligible'.
We could have a Pope who is not Roman Catholic. I don't how many Cardinals in the conclave who are not Roman Catholic, but I know one. His name is Baselios Cleemis - a member of the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church. There is talk of electing a young Pope and he's the youngest.
Informative. Thank you.

It will be interesting.

Albuquerque, NM

#425877 Mar 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Saban fan's response
Now:
And,
just
so
you
fully
understand,
Yahchanan
Piedmont, OK
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
11 min ago
~~~.
Confronting writes
In his above post,...
when he wrote
Tell ya what.

Since this post is so jumbled up and I couldn't separate your point, please post again what you want to say - and try to be concise or in summary, when you do so.

Thanks!

#425878 Mar 5, 2013
Confronting writes
In his above post,...
when he wrote

~~~

THE EVENT OF APOSTLES PAUL'S APPREHENSION IS...

Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Act 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Act 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

Act 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

Act 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

Act 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

Act 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

Act 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Act 9:14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Act 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Act 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425879 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Citation please.
Please show me verifiable support that an unfounded entity said anything.
I'll wait.
"Satan" is a construct of men.
Like most New Agers instead of Melody, Harmony and Rythem YOU have it half ___ backwards and have it Rythem, Harmony and Melody !!!
Men like YOU are a Construct of Satan !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Christian with Jesus 828,680
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 3,558
Israel End is Near 14 min Theswamiji 67
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Porkpie Hat 270,675
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 36 min Theswamiji 6,301
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 40 min waaasssuuup 442,878
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 1 hr Naveen2015 1,918
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr AntiqueAnnie 611,869
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,992
More from around the web