Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654488 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426082 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're one of them 'men' who seeks to impose his tyranny on those of us who know what Jesus didn't teach; like being self-conscience instead of being God-conscience. i've been trying to tell you, you're way out of your league here;)
How do you know what Jesus taught and what he didn't?
- Men

You are sooo confused, that you believe the confusion that has befallen you.

Albuquerque, NM

#426083 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're one of them 'men' who seeks to impose his tyranny on those of us who know what Jesus didn't teach; like being self-conscience instead of being God-conscience. i've been trying to tell you, you're way out of your league here;)
BTW - I meant to ask - so why do you believe men over Jesus?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426084 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We know from the NT that the Universal Church was set up in Corinth, Rome, Jerusealum, Colossae, Ephesus, Galatia, and Thessaloniki just from Paul's letters.
We also know from the NT of other Christian centers like, Antioch and Samaria. Right?
What's the problem? I said Peter made Ignatius Bishop of Antioch. Is it recorded in the Bible? No. Does that mean it didn't happen?
If no, then why?
Ignorance is bliss..
L<o><o>k We are in two different worlds..

You priority is different from mine...

You focus is on your temporal earthly religious organization of which you evidently are their public relations man and your purpose is to
advertise it..and glorify it before men on the earth

My priority is to Lift up Jesus Christ and glorify Him.

as the scripture says...

1Co_10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink,==>or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.<===

Again the Bible/word of God establishes my hope and faith...

Col 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,

--> whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

Col 1:6 Which is come unto you,

as it is in all the world; and

bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you,

since the day ye heard of it, and

knew the grace of God in truth:
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426085 Mar 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You focus is on your temporal earthly religious organization of which you evidently are their public relations man and your purpose is to
as the scripture says...
1Co_10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink,==>or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.<===
One way to glorify Jesus is to acknowledge the Church He started; To give them credit for gathering and labeling the New Testament and adding it to the OT. The least you could do is respect that historic truth. All your Protestant forefathers even acknowledged that. Of course, they say the Church that Christ started became corrupt....infiltrated by Constantine and poisoned...or some crap like that.
But you guys just flat out deny anything and everything about this Church. You sweep all facts concerning it under the rug. You replaced it with your own historic scenario; a conspiracy Christianity usually found in Dan Brown novels.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426086 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
as the scripture says...
~~~

The Church UNDER GRACE CAME FORTH WITH CHRIST, WHEN HE CAME FORTH FROM THE TOMB...SOON IT WILL FOLLOW HIM IN HIS ASCENSION...

This SHOULD BE the priority of THOSE THAT ARE A PART OF GOD'S CHURCH .

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

NOTE
Col 3:16 ===> Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. <===

Location hidden

#426087 Mar 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so you do it on a regular basis huh? then i guess i was right and you need a hug.bye bye
Cute...
truth

Perth, Australia

#426088 Mar 6, 2013
Is Saturday your God?
God created 6.5 day.
6 and seven rest..

sateiout see better
sat set sit sot sut
what you have from bible
set
Is your God Set?
look again
sate ''l'' i out..out where
look sateli out satelite out..look where?

6=f
5=e
fe=iron
meaning in bible ''iron''
aron eron iron oron uron
faron feron firon foron furon
any faraon exist as rule..

iron age lag as brass
http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/33-25.htm

Saturday=firs letter 19=s Sunday s =19
19+19=38
http://biblefocus.net/consider/Ezekiel-38-Ros...
ezekiel

Location hidden

#426089 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote
The Apostles set it up in Antioch, Corinth, Rome and eventually across the world. To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church.
Give book ,chapter and verse where The Apostles set it up...
"To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church."
I must have missed that in my Bible studies...
DID YOU WRITE IT DOWN IN YOUR BIBLE .. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT IN MINE...
FACT IS I CAN'T FIND MUCH OF ANY THING YOU SAY,....
OR HOLD TO BE TRUTH IN THE BIBLE..
.and I use a Bible...that has 26 different translation in it...
It is not in the Bible!!!!

Quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia: The combination 'the Catholic Church'(he katholike ekklesia) is found for the first time in the letter of St. Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans, written about the year 110....

This was years after Christ declared that He built His church. As I have said before....teachings followed that do not have Christ as their source are none Christian in nature...

But...that is not a problem to Catholics!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#426090 Mar 6, 2013
We never say Lord.
We say Gospodine..gospel..tell good news..is Jesus come between us teach us about good news goodness ..is really Jesus been teacher.
G os/ pod in e
http://www.google.com.au/search...
l=12 1+2=3 d=4
3 or 4=How many Lord you have?

Location hidden

#426091 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because all that info isn't found in the Bible. I'm not sure why you demand that it has to be.
If you demand that all of it has to be, could you show me book, chapter verse that says it has to be?
Thanks for confirming my words!!!! Catholics follow teachings that are not based on the Bible...admit it...and are proud of it!!!! Which says they are not Christians...per the definition of the word:

Christian: Christianos, a Christian, i.e. follower of Christ..

Pure logic...if you follow the teaching of "saint Ignasty"...you are not following the teaching of Christ...

Location hidden

#426092 Mar 6, 2013
034 014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
When you start posting things that matter, maybe you will get a different answer.
I'm sorry you feel such dismay. Just think about the astonishment that is coming.
I am not surprised that you consider the teacgings of God, as is now being discussed, as things that don't matter to you...

Location hidden

#426093 Mar 6, 2013
oops...teachings....
truth

Perth, Australia

#426094 Mar 6, 2013

Gospodine moj
Gospojo moja
majko moja
suotkupiteljice moja moliteljice moja..

Godpodine moj
Ti koji odrzavas sve u svojoj voljenoj ruci.
Ti koji jesi u biti..bit da bi bio i ti koja jesi bit da bi bila.
Kad mi posrcemo pod teretom svojim nevolja i padova i svega drugog po redu..postoji jedna dusa koje moze razumit da ne posrnemo svi.
Dok jedni misle da ih neko progoni a neznaju da smo u progonu vjecitom /.
Dok drugi govore oslobodite se
..os/ l=12=c 0=15=6=f bod it e

Location hidden

#426096 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
They do when you place your head into them.
DOH!!
New book just out...it is called "dictionary"...get one...you really need it...

headache: A pain in the head.

Albuquerque, NM

#426097 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The Church UNDER GRACE CAME FORTH WITH CHRIST, WHEN HE CAME FORTH FROM THE TOMB...SOON IT WILL FOLLOW HIM IN HIS ASCENSION...
This SHOULD BE the priority of THOSE THAT ARE A PART OF GOD'S CHURCH .
Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
NOTE
Col 3:16 ===> Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. <===
Thank you. "Paul" teaching "to know yourself" - let's confirm....

- It requires the action of Self, the person to achieve this.

- Self again.

- if you don't use your Self, "ye are dead". Jesus said it a little bit more subtly in:
GoThomas 3:5 But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty.
- as you can see, he showed kindness with his teachings, versus "Paul" and his somewhat of a "scare tactic". I can see why so-called "Christians" think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus.

**but let's continue:

- OOOOOOO!! Scary! But one does not to be in this state, when they get to choose, huh? Self is present yet again.

We'll skip over the "scare tactic" passage.

Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these;....
- Self.

- Self

- Here "Paul" exclaims by using Self - you gain KNOWLEDGE!! WHEW-WHEW!!

<continued)
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#426098 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming my words!!!! Catholics follow teachings that are not based on the Bible...admit it...and are proud of it!!!! Which says they are not Christians...per the definition of the word:
Christian: Christianos, a Christian, i.e. follower of Christ..
Pure logic...if you follow the teaching of "saint Ignasty"...you are not following the teaching of Christ...
Lol. That's all I can say OX. There is no other response I can give to such stupidity.
God bless.

Location hidden

#426100 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestant Church of England labeled the Holy Catholic Church, the ROMAN Catholic Church. The name stuck and is now used by ideologues such as yourself as a slur.
You know nothing Jac. You invented your own scenario on Christianity. Good luck with that.
I suggest you read the Old Testament story of the Tower of Babel and how those people constructed their own religion and attempted to build a tower to Heaven. You people are doing the same thing.
This is a lie...per the Catholic Encyclopedia.....quote: The Protestant Church of England labeled the Holy Catholic Church, the ROMAN Catholic Church."

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:
The combination 'the Catholic Church'(he katholike ekklesia) is found for the first time in the letter of St. Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans, written about the year 110
truth

Perth, Australia

#426101 Mar 6, 2013
fort coming from tomb
womb its first where mother
tomb go to father which father heavenly or what did you see where
maybe its not coming in out mind no
womb tomb
on which door you come sweet Jesus
Jesus never say nothing against woman no..depend what you think under woman..don't tell silence
why
around throne they allwayes pray there is not silence
nooooooooo
now
tomb
b=mot..is that as baterfly yes

Gospodine moj
Gospojo moja

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#426102 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestant Church of England labeled the Holy Catholic Church, the ROMAN Catholic Church. The name stuck and is now used by ideologues such as yourself as a slur.
You know nothing Jac. You invented your own scenario on Christianity. Good luck with that.
I suggest you read the Old Testament story of the Tower of Babel and how those people constructed their own religion and attempted to build a tower to Heaven. You people are doing the same thing.
Don't flatter yourself, Claypool... romanism is not only a denomination, but a CULT of the worst kind.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426103 Mar 6, 2013
fort

gospodine g os podine=horizontal
see

express yourself confe beter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Into The Night 64,827
UNICORNS In the Bible 5 min Truthiness 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Gabriel 973,965
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Dr Banonator 45,307
Looking For Elegant Watches, Luxury Watches or ... (Feb '09) 31 min krisjohns 2
luxury replica watches (Mar '11) 32 min krisjohns 62
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 32 min Betsey 58
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 281,957
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lisw 183,223
More from around the web