Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670340 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#426047 Mar 6, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just hoping you had a good excuse to be stupid. That IS what you continually inform us about in your silly posts!
New Wave of Spiritual Leadership wrote:
"I'm no stupid, but continuing to insult me with these false statements, do show that something I did say, you didn't agree with, so you continue to make false claims to advert from answering honestly.
I'm just trying to help. You may accept it or not."
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, the change in Paul's life is VERY relevant. It in and of itself is proof that the event we read about in Acts when He's on the road to Damascus really happened.
New Wave Spiritual Leadership wrote:
"No, it isn't. But you enthrall yourself to believe other men and then fight for their belief to be "true", when in fact it isn't."
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for your failed hypothesis that he never met Jesus.
New Wave Spiritual Leadership wrote:
"Only in a vision.
Do you always believe people who had visions?"
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you had consulted the Bible before spewing rhetoric, it would've told you so.
New Wave spiritual Leadership wrote:
"I did, and it didn't say shite concerning - "Paul is more enlightened than Jesus", so I went back to Jesus' teachings and also found the same thing - "Paul" isn't more enlightened.
What is your next dilemma?"

I'm curious....
Your no stupid what?

Maybe "false" claims to you since you don't believe the book Acts is credible. But, since I do believe Acts is credible and is an inspired book within God's Word, I believe my statements to be true. We will just have to agree to disagree on Acts.

It's hard to believe that you could say that the meeting between Paul and Jesus wasn't true. That's a BIG STATEMENT.

Are there other books besides Acts that you would suggest I throw out or ignore?

As far as my belief of other people's 'visions'? Well I've never known anyone that had a vision that blinded them and then afterward made them do a complete 180 on their cherished core beliefs.

Your right about the Bible not mentioning Paul being more enlightened than Jesus. But, that wasn't the subject we were discussing. The subject we were discussing is whether Paul was carrying out Jesus' work or not, and whether or not Paul and Jesus met. In spite of your best attempt, you did not convince me that either of these statements were false.

Come to think of it, I don't believe your Bible says that Paul's inspired writings are any less enlightened that Jesus' teachings either....

And you say *I* have a dilemma???
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#426048 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no stupid, but continuing to insult me with these false statements, do show that something I did say, you didn't agree with, so you continue to make false claims to advert from answering honestly.
I'm just trying to help. You may accept it or not.
<quoted text>
No, it isn't. But you enthrall yourself to believe other men and then fight for their belief to be "true", when in fact it isn't.
<quoted text>
Only in a vision.
Do you always believe people who had visions?
<quoted text>
I did, and it didn't say shite concerning - "Paul is more enlightened than Jesus", so I went back to Jesus' teachings and also found the same thing - "Paul" isn't more enlightened.
What is your next dilemma?
I'm curious....
Your no stupid what??

Maybe "false" claims to you since you don't believe the book Acts is credible. But, since I do believe Acts is credible and is an inspired book within God's Word, I believe my statements to be true. We will just have to agree to disagree on Acts.

It's hard to believe that you could say that the meeting between Paul and Jesus wasn't true. That's a BIG STATEMENT.

Are there other books besides Acts that you would suggest I throw out or ignore?

As far as my belief of other people's 'visions'? Well I've never known anyone that had a vision that blinded them and then afterward made them do a complete 180 on their cherished core beliefs.

Your right about the Bible not mentioning Paul being more enlightened than Jesus. But, that wasn't the subject we were discussing. The subject we were discussing is whether Paul was carrying out Jesus' work or not, and whether or not Paul and Jesus met. In spite of your best attempt, you did not convince me that either of these statements were false.

Come to think of it, I don't believe your Bible says that Paul's inspired writings are any less enlightened that Jesus' teachings either....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426049 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last quote is quoting the book of John. I'm not sure why you applied it to anything else. But what else is new in your playground.
Christ built a Church indeed. The Apostles set it up in Antioch, Corinth, Rome and eventually across the world. To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church. There was no need to say anything else because it was only one. And it remained only one until some nut jobs like Ox stepped out of it and started their own, and turned around and labeled Jesus Church a separate denomination from them.
Now give us back our scriptures, you've played with them long enough. Your reward for doing so is inevitable.
You wrote

The Apostles set it up in Antioch, Corinth, Rome and eventually across the world. To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church.

Give book ,chapter and verse where The Apostles set it up...

"To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church."

I must have missed that in my Bible studies...

DID YOU WRITE IT DOWN IN YOUR BIBLE .. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT IN MINE...

FACT IS I CAN'T FIND MUCH OF ANY THING YOU SAY,....

OR HOLD TO BE TRUTH IN THE BIBLE..

.and I use a Bible...that has 26 different translation in it...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426050 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not obligated to answer my accusers, silly! AND i try not to cast my pearls before those who it seems are pre-determinded to trample them. this ain't my first rodeo of bust'n up devils;)
of course you won't, because you've been shown your errors.

That would be you hiding from being honest with others.

Thank you for clarifying that, I now can believe that you are just scared to face the truth presented, and would rather just run and hide away, hoping that these truths also disappear.

Guess what - they won't.

If you don't want to be honest with anyone, so be it. I've made a note of it about you, and I'll keep this in mind when I post to you.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#426051 Mar 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
The Apostles set it up in Antioch, Corinth, Rome and eventually across the world. To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church.
"To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church."
FACT IS I CAN'T FIND MUCH OF ANY THING YOU SAY,.....
That's because all that info isn't found in the Bible. I'm not sure why you demand that it has to be.

If you demand that all of it has to be, could you show me book, chapter verse that says it has to be?

Albuquerque, NM

#426052 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
What DIFFERENCE, does it make...what language he uses?
You don't seem to comprehend, understand, get the point, or thought of any language that the BIBLE is written in...
Even when it is written in plain English.
Oh hi GiF.

Untrue. I understand the Bible very well. I'm just not fluent in foreign languages and could care less if the Bible was written in those languages.

I speak English, and if Oxbow can't be curteous enough to me and other posters, to post in English - then he'll never get his point across. Well in the least to me and life will still go on.

If he chooses to post in English, the odds of me responding is dramatically increased.

Albuquerque, NM

#426053 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
034 014
<quoted text>
Neither will you get your point understood prattling about trash that has nothing to do with the subject matter in my posts...
When you start posting things that matter, maybe you will get a different answer.

I'm sorry you feel such dismay. Just think about the astonishment that is coming.

Albuquerque, NM

#426054 Mar 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hands do not get headaches!!!!!
They do when you place your head into them.

DOH!!
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#426055 Mar 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you stated benny was in the dark about the abuse,i'm just showing you he was not as innocent as you think. he knew names an places and what was happening,and he said nothing,that is the point,not when it happened but the fact that it DID happen and he knew it.my point is proven,case closed.
You implied Pope Benedict knew - as if that made him guilty for simply knowing.
I think Dust Storm closed the case. Hopefully you don't bring it up again..
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#426056 Mar 6, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
We address this case at length in “Pope Benedict XVI and the Sexual Abuse Crisis: Working for Reform and Renewal,” but here’s a quick summary:
Accusations were made against Father Murphy in the 1970s and reported to police and church authorities. The police failed to pursue the case.
The Milwaukee archdiocese removed Father Murphy in 1974 from his position at the school for deaf for deaf boys. The priest moved to a house owned by his family in Wisconsin. He never had a formal assignment in the new diocese (Superior), but did help out at parishes and with the deaf community there. He claimed to not have had sexual contact with anyone since 1974.
Alleged victims of Father Murphy (pre-1974) contacted the Milwaukee archdiocese again in the early 1990s.
Milwaukee Archbishop Rembert Weakland opened a trial against Father Murphy in 1996. Concerned that he needed a waiver of the statute of limitations (which at that time he didn’t; there was no statute of limitations then for grave crimes — delicta graviora — like sexual solicitation in the confessional), he wrote to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, headed by Cardinal Ratzinger. The cardinal’s No. 2, Archbishop Tarcisio Bertone, wrote Archbishop Weakland and told him to proceed.
In January 1998, Father Murphy wrote to Cardinal Ratzinger asking that the trial be stopped because the events had taken place decades earlier and thus violated the statute of limitations (although they did not), and because he was in poor health.(He died eight months later.)
In April, Archbishop Bertone wrote to the bishop in charge of Father Murphy’s trial. In it, he rejected the priest’s argument about the statute of limitations, but indirectly noted the priest’s ministry had never been restricted, and suggested there be other means of achieving justice for the priest and for the victims than through a trial.
The bishop decided to proceed with the trial anyway. But in meetings later in Rome with officials from the doctrinal congregation, he became concerned about the high burden of proof necessary in the case and the difficulty of the trial combined with Father Murphy’s ill health. In August, Archbishop Weakland wrote to the Vatican to say he had decided to drop the trial and instead restrict the abuser priest’s ministry and demand that he apologise to his victims
Father Murphy died two days later.
So. Let’s recap:
Cardinal Ratzinger’s office gave the initial OK to the trial;
rejected Father Murphy’s request that the trial be suspended;
and later suggested the local bishop take faster action to achieve justice than a lengthy drawn-out trial of a dying priest.
How exactly is that thwarting justice? And how exactly does CNN have so little journalistic integrity that it can repeat inaccuracies that were widely debunked seven months ago? And for which there is clear, incontrovertible documentary evidence available?”.
http://protectthepope.com/...
Thank you Dust Storm for taking the time to post this. I thought I remembered this story, but was too lazy to dig it up. Especially for someone who'll just ignore it anyway.
Thanks

Albuquerque, NM

#426057 Mar 6, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
But, that wasn't the subject we were discussing. The subject we were discussing is whether Paul was carrying out Jesus' work or not, and whether or not Paul and Jesus met. In spite of your best attempt, you did not convince me that either of these statements were false.
Trying to change the subject again?

a. We were not discussing what you think we were, as you have stated with "The subject we were discussing is whether Paul was carrying out Jesus' work or not, and whether or not Paul and Jesus met"
- neither is what I originally inquired upon, so please stop lying and including me in your lies. You want to discuss those other topics, because it clears you from answering honestly, my question. You are just like the Catholics - always trying to double-talk there way out of a corner. Well news for you, I'm right in front of you watching you wiggle. Quite silly to look at in many ways.
- all I asked was "why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?"
- you are the one changing the discussion to what you think we should be talking about. No, it won't work - your diversion. So please stop and try to stay focussed.

#426058 Mar 6, 2013
My 26 translation

The List of this fabulous resource Jul 3, 2008
Contains The King James Version in its entirety,

plus:

The Bible: An American Translation
The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments: An Improved Edition
The Amplified Bible
The American Standard Version
The Bible in Basic English
The Modern Language Bible: The New Berkeley Version in Modern English
Praise-Songs of Israel: A Rendering of the Book of Psalms (John DeWitt)
The Psalms for Today:(R. K. Harrison)
The Jerusalem Bible
The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text: A New Translation
The Holy Bible: A Translation (Monsignor Ronald Knox)
The Holy Bible from Ancient Eastern Manuscripts (George M. Lamsa)
A New Translation of the Bible (James Moffatt)
The New American Bible
The New English Bible
The Psalms in the Book of Common Prayer of the Anglican Church
Four Prophets: Amos, Hosea, First Isaiah, Micah (J. B. Phillips)
The Emphasized Bible: A New Translation (J. B. Rotherham)
The Revised Standard Version
The Holy Bible: Revised Version
The Septuagint (Charles Thompson)
A Translation of the Old Testament Scriptures from the Original Hebrew (Helen Spurrell)
The Living Bible
The Torah: The Five Books of Moses
Young’s Literal Translation of the Holy Bible (Robert Young)
The New Testament, American Bible Union Version (John A. Broadus et al)
The New Testament (Henry Alford)
The New Testament in the Language of Today (William F. Beck)
The Berkeley Version of the New Testament (Gerrit Verkuyl)
The Epistles of Paul (W. J. Conybeare)
The New Testament: An American Translation (Edgar J. Goodspeed)
The New Testament in the Translation of Monsignor Ronald Knox
The New Testament According to the Eastern Texts (George M. Lamsa)
The New Testament: A New Translation (James Moffatt)
The Centenary Translation: The New Testament in Modern English (Helen B. Montgomery)
The New American Standard Bible
The New Testament: A New Translation (Olaf M. Norlie)
The New Testament in Modern English (J. B. Phillips)
The Book of Acts (C H. Rieu)
The Four Gospels (E. V. Rieu)
The Emphasized New Testament: A New Translation (J. B. Rotherham)
The Revised Standard Version
The Twentieth Century New Testament
The New Testament in Modern Speech (Richard Francis Weymouth)
The New Testament: A Translation in the Language of the People (Charles B. Williams)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426059 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
of course you won't, because you've been shown your errors.
That would be you hiding from being honest with others.
Thank you for clarifying that, I now can believe that you are just scared to face the truth presented, and would rather just run and hide away, hoping that these truths also disappear.
Guess what - they won't.
If you don't want to be honest with anyone, so be it. I've made a note of it about you, and I'll keep this in mind when I post to you.
hey - if you wanna get saved, i'm here to help. if you wanna try to discredit the grace of God, you're an enemy of the Gospel. you have absolutely nothing of any value to anyone as a 'new age' advocate.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#426060 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote
FACT IS I CAN'T FIND MUCH OF ANY THING YOU SAY,....
OR HOLD TO BE TRUTH IN THE BIBLE..
.and I use a Bible...that has 26 different translation in it...
Serious question Confrint: Do you worship the Bible or God?

AS a Christian, I would be interested in any info I could about early Christianity. National Geographic had a good article about the journey of the Apostles. Thomas set up the Church in modern day India, you know. Do you believe that? It doesn't record it in the Bible.
Peter ordained Clement as Bishop Of Rome. Clement wrote epistles while the Apostles were still alive. Its not recorded in the NT. Do you believe it happened?

#426061 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
AS a Christian, I would be interested in any info I could about early Christianity. National Geographic had a good article about the journey of the Apostles. Thomas set up the Church in modern day India, you know. Do you believe that? It doesn't record it in the Bible.
Peter ordained Clement as Bishop Of Rome. Clement wrote epistles while the Apostles were still alive. Its not recorded in the NT. Do you believe it happened?
~~~

I believe that through the centuries the Holy Ghost preserved all that is necessary for God's plan of salvation to impact the lives of any one that would desire to become a Child of God .

My confidence is in The Holy Spirits choice of revelations...I do not need any other editing or additions

The Apostle Paul wrote.....
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Gal 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#426062 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is pre denomination. The Churches that make up the Catholic Church are not going to refer to themselves as 'just another denomination'(like Lutheran and Southern Baptist), just because people on the outside say we are.
I understand the word is almost necessary to use these days because everyone is put into a category and given a label.. And religious groups are no exception. But Christ didn't start a bunch of denominations. He started one faith and one Church.
In the first place, it's disrespectful to claim Jesus founded the romanist cult.
Secondly, it IS a denomination.
Thirdly, Wicked-pedia is a pile of garbage.

Albuquerque, NM

#426063 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey - if you wanna get saved, i'm here to help. if you wanna try to discredit the grace of God, you're an enemy of the Gospel. you have absolutely nothing of any value to anyone as a 'new age' advocate.
I'm already "saved", I need no man's help with that. Stop being so arrogant.

Who is discreditting "God"? I am surely not.

I'm only discreditting those men who think they know the mind of "God". You gotta know who I am speaking about, right?
- the men in 325 CE who think they can decide for others on what to believe.
- the men who think "God" only limited "His inspiration" to a handful of writers
- and to the men who refuse to accept ALL of what Jesus taught.

Yep - just like you.

Albuquerque, NM

#426064 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think GiF has these answers?

You will have better information coming out of the local public library.

#426065 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AS FOR
National Geographic THEY TEACH EVOLUTION, I do not subscribe to their antichrist teachings...

AS FOE ME

My focus is upon THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH CHRIST JESUS CAME TO THIS EARTH...

Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

ALL ELSE IS SECONDARY TO ME..

MY FOCUS IS ON WHAT HE SAID AND DID AND REQUIRES OF ME TO FULFILL HIS PURPOSE

That he sent me to accomplish...in my sojourn on earth.

THE BIBLE SAYS

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to FABLES and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

I have no interested in what some one alleges, if it cannot be validated/given credibility by more than one witness (more than one verse) in the scriptures from the Bible

...I desire only truth...

Truth is found in God's word the Bible...all else to me is suspect.

You can be a public relations agent...

for the Roman Catholic Religious organization all you wish...but you will never convince me of your conjecture, and fables

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD'S PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENT ..HE NEEDS NO ON CORRUPTIBLE MAN TO HELP HIM...

GOD ONLY USES

1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co_1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Co_1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co_1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

-->NOTE

1Co_2:14 --> But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:

for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426066 Mar 6, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first place, it's disrespectful to claim Jesus founded the romanist cult.
Secondly, it IS a denomination.
Thirdly, Wicked-pedia is a pile of garbage.
The Protestant Church of England labeled the Holy Catholic Church, the ROMAN Catholic Church. The name stuck and is now used by ideologues such as yourself as a slur.
You know nothing Jac. You invented your own scenario on Christianity. Good luck with that.
I suggest you read the Old Testament story of the Tower of Babel and how those people constructed their own religion and attempted to build a tower to Heaven. You people are doing the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min another viewer 980,164
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 100,456
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 42 min Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,656
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 7 hr Libhater 58
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web