Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,180
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425726 Mar 4, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>If Jesus gave peter much atuthority as you suggest, why then did he submit to teh authority of Hames the Brotehr of Jesus and also why did peter back down when Paul ressited him.
and above all, why did Peter allow the romans to kill him? perhaps Peter forgot to tell them that he had all authority under heaven and earth?
and to help you out since your memory is poor or non existant. the authority that Peter had was to preach the gospel ;NOTHING MORE.LOL
lol is right Preston.

Listening to you arrogant self -proclaimed ministers proves a couple things:

1.Jealously.

2. Envy

I believe you and Confrint will stop at nothing to control the Bible yourselves. That is, until its just you two standing. Then, like Smeagles from "Lord of The Ring", you'll kill each other for the right to the power.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#425727 Mar 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
710 687
<quoted text>
He does bring life to His Word!!!!
Mt 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost....
~~~

Those that refuse to believe that Jesus is the Son of God,

that refuse to believe God's word

are lost and do not know it...

and when the truth is told them...

they had rather believe their own Lies...

Jesus said

There would be those (such as the Roman Catholic Church)that acknowledge that Jesus is Christ, yet deceive many...

They acknowledge a historical Jesus ...that he existed....but they

Refuse to obey God's word...

They worship the events.... and

the props on the stage of the events ....

those that participated in the events....

THEY EVEN ATTEMPT TO REVERE AND STORE UP THE RELICS

ANTIQUES FROM THE EVENTS...

Instead of Christ JESUS,....GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON... the reason for the events...

EVIDENTLY....They never have been BORN AGAIN of the Spirit.

~~~

God the father said...CONCERNING HIS SON JESUS

Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

They have their proxy rituals THAT STANDS between them and SALVATION.

The have a proxy pope THAT IS STANDING between them and God...

They have a Proxy mediator (Mary the Mother of Jesus) standing between Them and Jesus...

They have their proxy (DOING PENANCE)... WORKS ...STANDING BETWEEN THE AND ....Gods grace,,,

They have their DYNASTY ON EARTH Standing between them and the Spiritual Kingdom of God...

The have set them selves to OBEY MAN ... IN THE PLACE OF OBEDIENCE TO GOD

they are deceived....

Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mar_13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luk_21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Clay

United States

#425729 Mar 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus said
There would be those (such as the Roman Catholic Church)that acknowledge that Jesus is Christ, yet deceive many...
Instead of Christ JESUS,....GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON... the reason for the events...
~~~
Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
They have a Proxy mediator (Mary the Mother of Jesus) standing between Them and Jesus...
They have their proxy (DOING PENANCE)... WORKS ...STANDING BETWEEN THE AND ....Gods grace,,,
They have their DYNASTY ON EARTH Standing between them and the Spiritual Kingdom of God...
they are deceived....
Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mar_13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Luk_21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
I'm just curious Confrint, do you know what it means to bear false witness?
How important of a commandment do feel this is?

The reason I ask is because you do an awful lot of it. You do so much of it, I can't even get angry with you. I have a very sad feeling when I think about the amount you do.

#425730 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Confrint. Sounds like you hate Peter now too. I guess you can put him next to the other 'Catholic 'figures' you despise, like Mary.
You forgot one more thing Peter did. He established the Church and proclaimed the Gospel. For that, they killed him. Crucified him upside down.
YOU HAVE NO SCRIPTURE TO PROVE THAT PETER ESTABLISHED THE CHURCH ANY MORE THAN THE REST OF THE APOSTLES...

Eph 2:18 For through him/JESUS we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

NEITHER DO YOU HAVE ANY SCRIPTURE TO PROVE THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH HAS THE MONOPOLY OR A FRANCHISE ON THE GRACE OF GOD...

MERCY THERE WAS GREAT AND GRACE WAS FREE

PARDON THERE WAS MULTIPLIED TO ME

THERE MY BURDENED SOUL FOUND LIBERTY

AT CALVARY...

---

MY LIBERATION AND PARDON FROM SIN..GRACE....DID NOT COME FROM

ROME....ITALY...

HAS GRACE...FOR NO ONE .....BUT CATHOLICS.....

THE GOD I SERVE HAS GRACE FOR ALL THAT WILL RECEIVE IT.

SORRY ABOUT YOURS...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425731 Mar 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
I see the catholics are here,my posts are getting hammered,that means i'm speaking the truth and it is hurting their egos.
On the contrary!! We, as Catholics "clearly and easily" recognize Protestant heresy, lies, distortions and perverted (personal opinionated confusion) that you bible only "fundies" are so famous for!.... "Relative truth" (what each decides for themselves as truth) is the "only thing" that makes any sense to you out of your persistent "nonsense"!... It is called "liberal theology"!.... It is "no wonder" that today in America, liberalism is considered to be a "mental disorder"!!
Clay

United States

#425732 Mar 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you wished you lived here?you've never spent a lot of time in boston have you? i avoid it like the plauge,ever since they built the new tunnel boston has become a nightmare,people clogging up back roads out of fear of going threw the tunnel cause the panels keep falling off and now only a few years later every light in the tunnel needs replacing due to low grade materials,everything is corroded out and falling down,it's a billion dollar nightmare that people are going to be paying for for decades to come,taxes are going up to the point that people are leaving the state in droves.i'm lucky cause i have no mortgage to pay which helps me afford to keep living here, otherwise i'd have to consider it.Boston is a one time looksee and get out,N.H.and surrounding states are making good money cause of the taxes here, everyone shops outside the state where there is no state tax.plus the crime rate is slowly rising.to live here you must make at least $50,000 a year or better otherwise you live in public housing.the average rental here is $1200 a month an up an that's for a small studio apt./condo.house rentals average $2000 and up.
I take that back. I should say I wish I could VISIT there. Lol.
I always had a bit of a connection to Boston because my Irish heritage. Plus the New England states seem scenic. Boston is a place I always thought would be neat to live.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425733 Mar 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if/when you want LIGHT rather than darkness and RELATIONSHIP rather than religion, give us a holler cuz we're here to help:)
We, as Catholics, believe, worship, live and adhere to the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, and a personal relationship with Our Lord, each and every day, at daily Mass and the Eucharist........ It is called "the light of Christ" that illuminates the darkness, a darkness which has consumed those outside of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, who "drift around aimlessly" in a sea of distortion, contradiction, confusion and inconsistency. "Bible Only "fundamentalism has absolutely "no doctrine of consistency to rely upon and "cannot exist on its own", without attacking, judging and condemning over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is THIS TRUTH that is manifested in the FULLNESS of the Faith that is in and through Jesus' One True Catholic Church!!

Location hidden

#425734 Mar 4, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
actually the church started by peter was handed to paul an operative of the roman empire and for the most part had little to do with christ church after that time
I know of no Scripture that teaches Peter started a church...

Location hidden

#425735 Mar 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, sorry, that is from the Iron Age. My mistake.
So why is your god angry, jealous, and vengeful? When my children got that way, I sent them to their room.
What the heck does any God have to be jealous about anyhow? Another God maybe? That God should grow up. My children have.
If you believed in the Word of God....understood it...was a son of God....you would have no need to ask such atheistic sounding questions..
Clay

United States

#425736 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catching you misquoting Jesus is not verse, warfare!
It is accuracy. Something I respect when it comes to the Word of God!!
If you really want to 'respect the Word of God', you'll cease looking at it from a word for word literal translation.

There are no direct quotes of Jesus in the Bible.. Jesus never wrote any of the Bible.

This is why its baffling that some of ya break down these verses like you do.'Jesus first calls Peter, pebble. Then reverts back to rock, which would mean him now. He's the rock because Blah Blah.'

You see how silly it is? Matthew wrote what he remembered Jesus saying. The Holy Spirit would have inspired Matthew to get the jist of the message being conveyed. The Spirit didn't whisper to Matthew a word for word account.

Peter is the Rock and Jesus gave him authority.

Location hidden

#425737 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus said
~~~
they are deceived....
And: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425738 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus said
This is just more of your bible only Protestant lies, and distorted "propaganda" that you "are so famous for" Confrinting!!
In fact, every time you make a comment,you become more and more desperate, as you "dig for yourself" a deeper and deeper hole for Satan to take more and more control of your condemning and judgmental anti-catholic ministry. Until you come to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and TRUE Salvation in and through His One True Catholic Church, your "blindness to the TRUTH" will continue!!!

Location hidden

#425739 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Confrint. Sounds like you hate Peter now too. I guess you can put him next to the other 'Catholic 'figures' you despise, like Mary.
You forgot one more thing Peter did. He established the Church and proclaimed the Gospel. For that, they killed him. Crucified him upside down.
Like most Catholics, you ignore the teaching of your pope approved NABre Bible. Regards Mt 16:18 it teaches:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....

Location hidden

#425740 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary!! We, as Catholics "clearly and easily" recognize Protestant heresy, lies, distortions and perverted (personal opinionated confusion) that you bible only "fundies" are so famous for!.... "Relative truth" (what each decides for themselves as truth) is the "only thing" that makes any sense to you out of your persistent "nonsense"!... It is called "liberal theology"!.... It is "no wonder" that today in America, liberalism is considered to be a "mental disorder"!!
After you have been blessed by this promise, get back to me...

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Location hidden

#425741 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We, as Catholics, believe, worship, live and adhere to the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, and a personal relationship with Our Lord, each and every day, at daily Mass and the Eucharist........ It is called "the light of Christ" that illuminates the darkness, a darkness which has consumed those outside of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, who "drift around aimlessly" in a sea of distortion, contradiction, confusion and inconsistency. "Bible Only "fundamentalism has absolutely "no doctrine of consistency to rely upon and "cannot exist on its own", without attacking, judging and condemning over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is THIS TRUTH that is manifested in the FULLNESS of the Faith that is in and through Jesus' One True Catholic Church!!
Like most Catholics, you ignore the teaching of your pope approved NABre Bible. Regards Mt 16:18 it teaches:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture...

#425742 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just curious Confrint, do you know what it means to bear false witness?
The reason I ask is because you do an awful lot of it. You do so much of it, I can't even get angry with you. I have a very sad feeling when I think about the amount you do.
~~~

YOU WROTE

"How important of a commandment do feel this is?

l ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION CONCERNING THE ONE BELOW?

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

United States

#425743 Mar 4, 2013
interesting news:
underworld "saint" becoming popular among American Catholics.

http://news.yahoo.com/underworld-saint-becomi...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#425744 Mar 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hi lt no have not talked to g/f in two weeks,don't know what will happen,i miss her more than i thought i would,only time will tell....how are you?
Right noow I am nursing a bad cold, I can only eat popcycles my throat is so sore. Other wise I am fine. I am sorry about your girlfriend Jethro. I really hope things work out for you.
How is your health are you feeling alright??

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425745 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That scripture from Revelation is referring to the Roman Empire.
The prophecy came and gone. That is the most reasonable and logical explanation. This is what early Christianity understood. In fact, I don't believe anyone bothered to argue another scenario until the evangelicals arrived 1,800 yrs later. I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone in Protestantism offered such a scenario until the Evangelicals did their thing.
All signs point to the pre 311 Roman Empire; the destruction they wrathed upon Christianity; slaughtering all the 12 Apostles but one; slaughtering all their followers; burning their Churches and homes.
If you have any doubt, consider that it was the ROMAN Catholic Church who made the book of Revelation part of the Bible.
Why would they do that if they suspected John was referring to them??
It was obvious they knew (being only a hundred yrs removed from the last persecution of 303-310, that the Apostle John was seeing the Pagan Roman Empire and their destruction.
It was not the RCC that made the book of Revelation part of the Bible. It was God. And when it came to persecuting the innocent the Roman empire could have taken lessons from the RCC on torturing and murder etc. Have you not studied the murderous history of the RCC?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425746 Mar 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat...
In your so-called "wisdom," you consider yourself wiser than the justices on the Supreme Court, and most likely the vast majority of all other humans on this earth.
You proclaim your "wisdom" on an anonymous Topix board. Can we read about your wisdom elsewhere maybe? Can you provide us with a link?
It must be tough to possess such magnificent wisdom, yet almost no one else appreciates it.
Again Tony, that brand of judgmental "wisdom" is also referred to as "delusion."
You seem to think you have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the Universe. You can probably tell us who God likes and dislikes, and what God wants of us.
You pick and choose from the Bible to suit ..... you.
Let me guess. God doesn't like who you don't like, but God really likes ..... you and a few folks who agree with ...... you.
And you walk this talk on an anonymous message board because...?
lol
A wise man once said that a wise man that argues with a fool becomes a bigger fool than the fool. Therefore,you're dismissed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Respecting Gays is one way to go to Heaven 4 min andet1987 49
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min River Tam 765,447
loan shark needed (Apr '14) 19 min lookingloan123 11
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Rick in Kansas 263,691
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 56 min Dr Wu 603,720
women: who are the most attractive celebrities? 1 hr andet1987 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 39,169
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr BottomNow 1,191
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 8 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE