Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695465 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Maylands, Australia

#425579 Mar 3, 2013
mow
144 000 mirror
rorrim
sto si reko
orimrimsorimrimsarimrimserimri msurimrim
amroemroimroomroumro
umro=death
truth

Maylands, Australia

#425580 Mar 3, 2013
if i give back what they done to me
then not will be mercyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
evil satanic wicket program
we know who they are

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425581 Mar 3, 2013
WHAT DO YOU ROMAN Catholics DO WITH THIS SCRIPTURE
WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR FABLES ABOUT PETER...

CLAIMING HE IS THE ROCK ON WHICH THE CHURCH WAS BUILT ...

HERE PETER SAYS DIFFERENTLY

HE WROTE...

1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1Pe 2:6 --> Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture,

Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, <---

WHY DO YOU WILLFULLY STUMBLE AT GOD'S WORD?

1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425582 Mar 3, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
Rev 18:14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
Rev 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
Rev 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Rev 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Question for all those that follow the Roman Catholic Church. If the above scripture isn't referring to the Catholic Church, in your opinion, who do you think this scripture from Revelation is referring to?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425583 Mar 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your "wisdom," you consider yourself wiser than the justices on the Supreme Court?
And you proclaim your "wisdom" by judging others on an anonymous Topix board.
Sorry Tony, but that brand of judgmental "wisdom" is also referred to as delusion.
Let me guess. You also have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the Universe.
Yes?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wisdom is knowing how to use the word of God to discern between right and wrong as Gods word instructs and when you discern between right have enough sense not to call that discernment judging. Only a fool that is totally void of all wisdom will call discerning between right and wrong judging.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425584 Mar 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Context is important if you expect to understand "Luke" a third generation disciple.
Please notice that "Luke" is writing approximately 50 to 100 years after the events occurred - which more than likely were oral traditions passed down from person to person. Luke, writing about "Paul" (alone on the road), about seeing a vision of Jesus.
You are starting to sound like you are an expert at the "Telephone Game" i used to play in elementary school.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
Acts 9:1-5
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
That scripture absolutely contradicts what you said Friday about Paul and Jesus! And you said in that very post that I needed to go back to Sunday school. Would you like me to re-post the whole conversation?

Now Luke is not valid? Acts?

What is valid?

.....besides Thomas????!

smh
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425585 Mar 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wisdom is knowing how to use the word of God to discern between right and wrong as Gods word instructs and when you discern between right have enough sense not to call that discernment judging. Only a fool that is totally void of all wisdom will call discerning between right and wrong judging.
2 Cor 13:5 (KJV) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves...
1 Cor 11:31 (KJV) For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

2 Cor 13:5 (Wey) Test yourselves to discover whether you are true believers: put your own selves under examination.

2 Cor 13:5 (NRS) Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless, indeed, you fail to meet the test!

http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_test.html

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425586 Mar 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your "wisdom," you consider yourself wiser than the justices on the Supreme Court?
Sorry Tony, but that brand of judgmental "wisdom" is also referred to as delusion.
Let me guess. You also have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the Universe.
Yes?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If I was a Supreme court justice, I'd use the word of God to discern between every decision I made. It would be WISE to do so if the Supreme Court Justices had any wisdom. I would study the matter I was making a decision on and ask...WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY ABOUT THE MATTER and then make my decision accordingly. NOW THAT'S GODLY WISDOM. Of course this statement is most likely beyond your understanding.

United States

#425587 Mar 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Yes?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
-
-
Tony17 wrote:
Wisdom is knowing how to use the word of God to discern between right and wrong as Gods word instructs and when you discern between right have enough sense not to call that discernment judging. Only a fool that is totally void of all wisdom will call discerning between right and wrong judging.
-
-
Free Mind ... the Supreme Court isn't so wise when they deal dishonestly in order to protect their agenda.
Case in point: The 2000 SElection of president. To quote a wise person, "None Dare Call It Treason."
-
http://www.thenation.com/article/none-dare-ca... #
-
in a nutshell: the Supreme Court CANCELED every single vote for Gore. Everybody knows Gore won. The supreme court, in essence,*canceled* the 2000 election. That is not wise.
-
Lying and cheating is never wise. The lying and cheating of the Catholic Church is now playing itself out on the international stage. Had they told the truth and excommunicated pedophile priests, there wouldn't be such a scandal within the church today.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425589 Mar 3, 2013
This is for Free Mind.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/titus/2.h...

And anyone else that disapproves of my response to his post about what I said about the Supreme Court Justices. And pay particular attention to verse 15.
Sir Jimmy Savile

UK

#425590 Mar 3, 2013
I think that any church that embraces paedophilia in such a big way as the catholic mob is the best way to go. I used to regularly supply children to the local priest in my days.uuurrrggghhh....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425591 Mar 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
WHAT DO YOU ROMAN Catholics DO WITH THIS SCRIPTURE
CLAIMING HE IS THE ROCK ON WHICH THE CHURCH WAS BUILT ...
WHY DO YOU WILLFULLY STUMBLE AT GOD'S WORD?
Why do you "list a bunch of bible verses" from the book of Peter and
WILLFULLY IGNORE THE (EXPLICIT, SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS OF JESUS "HIMSELF" (in the Gospel) of St Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True Church. The one in which He appoints Peter as HIS earthly representative to "lead HIS Church"!!
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#425592 Mar 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
Why do you "list a bunch of bible verses" from the book of Peter and
WILLFULLY IGNORE THE (EXPLICIT, SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS OF JESUS "HIMSELF" (in the Gospel) of St Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True Church. The one in which He appoints Peter as HIS earthly representative to "lead HIS Church"!!

This is what Jesus said of his church (bride / people):

Mt.19:16 "And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments. He said to him, Which? Jesus said, You shall do no murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and your mother: and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Mt.5:19 Whoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rev.22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

So if your church is "keeping God's law" then it is the right one. If not, then you are in the wrong place.

Understand we are not saved by keeping God's law rather if we are following God we will be keeping his law..!

This is actually how I chose a church after leaving the baptist, and am so glad i did.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#425593 Mar 3, 2013

Jesus then gives a revelation about the great harlot false church

• The Roman Harlot
www.youtube.com/watch...
www.youtube.com/watch...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425594 Mar 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Question for all those that follow the Roman Catholic Church. If the above scripture isn't referring to the Catholic Church, in your opinion, who do you think this scripture from Revelation is referring to?
Just ask your other 42,000 conflicting and contradicting (bible only) self-interpreters and they will ALL give you different opinions,---HOWEVER---we, as Catholics ALL KNOW that you "fundies" just (conveniently) insert the word Catholic, wherever and whenever it "fits" your bible only anti-catholic "twisted" (editorialized opinion)!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425595 Mar 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Jesus said of his church (bride / people):
Mt.19:16 "And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments. He said to him, Which? Jesus said, You shall do no murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and your mother: and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Mt.5:19 Whoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Rev.22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
So if your church is "keeping God's law" then it is the right one. If not, then you are in the wrong place.
Understand we are not saved by keeping God's law rather if we are following God we will be keeping his law..!
This is actually how I chose a church after leaving the baptist, and am so glad i did.
Great!! Believe what you want!! It makes no difference to me or ANY Catholic for that matter. We'll continue to "stick with the PROVEN TRUTH" of over 2000 years of the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History that has, is and will continue to be in Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#425596 Mar 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
Just ask your other 42,000 conflicting and contradicting (bible only) self-interpreters and they will ALL give you different opinions,---HOWEVER---we, as Catholics ALL KNOW that you "fundies" just (conveniently) insert the word Catholic, wherever and whenever it "fits" your bible only anti-catholic "twisted" (editorialized opinion)!!

• Roman Empire schema

The following interpretation is a traditional view of Jewish and Christian Historicists, Futurists, Dispensationalists, Partial Preterists, and other futuristic Jewish and Christian hybrids, as well as certain Messianic Jews, who typically believe that the kingdoms in Daniel are:

-Neo-Babylonian Empire
-Medo-Persian Empire
-Macedonian Empire of Alexander and his Diadochi (Hellenistic period)
-Roman Empire, with other implications to come later.

This was the scheme described by Jerome in his Commentary on Daniel.[7] Within this framework there are numerous variations.

•Use with Book of Revelation

Christian interpreters typically read the Book of Daniel with the New Testament's Book of Revelation. A beast in Revelation 13 was also interpreted as the empire of Rome.[8] The "city on seven hills" in Revelation is understood by the majority of modern scholarly commentators as a reference to Rome.[9][10][11][12][13][14][1 5][16][17][18][19][20][21]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...

It is no idle interpretation rather has been understood for over 2000 years.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#425597 Mar 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
Great!! Believe what you want!! It makes no difference to me or ANY Catholic for that matter. We'll continue to "stick with the PROVEN TRUTH" of over 2000 years of the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History that has, is and will continue to be in Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church.

This is why there are divisions in Christianity - we read the bible and reject what is written.

You say you believe in Jesus. The devils also believe:

James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

Then what do we do to follow Jesus?

1 John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

1 John 2:4 "He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

This is why Paul said:

"Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

"For if he that comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted, you might well bear with him." (2 Cor.11:4)

"And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." (Mt.24:4)

That is your 'vicar of christ'-- another jesus.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425598 Mar 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse apples!!!!

From Scripture:
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You first change a common noun "church" into a proper noun "Church"...so, you are guilty of changing Scripture to support your erroneous teaching.

The Greek word for church is "ekklesia" and is defined as:a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

The word "church" does not define any Christian denominations...

Quote: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425599 Mar 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no wisdom in the RCC. However my Christian brethren and sisters, do not be angry with those that follown the RCC for they do mean well even though they be severely misguided in following this vile religion known as Catholicism. In due season Christ will deliver them from this religion known as Catholicism. In the meantime we simply need to keep praying for them that they will see the light and come out of that harlot religion as scripture advises.

To follow Christ's example as He was dying on the cross we too ask God to forgive those members of the RCC for as the Roman soldiers were in ignorance in killing the King of Glory for they knew not what they do, neither do the members of the RCC. So father forgive them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min R0Gdimwit 59,588
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min trifecta1 994,038
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min bongolovesbrowneye 446,256
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 1 hr The Rose 7
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,496
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 3 hr Felmer Eudd 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr dollarsbillmom 6,785
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 22 hr Pimpy 23
More from around the web