Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688839 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#425471 Mar 3, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think Revelations would not be available had it not been compiled binded and bound into the bible which is actually many books and letters to God people known as the church and was read in the Temples through out the region long before there was a Catholic Church or a RCC.
Just wanted to tell you i enjoy your post you do have understanding that most do not...you must live a great life.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425472 Mar 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisdom = knowledge + experience. For example....
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad.
Another example....
Wisdom in the Bible is always changing as mankind gains knowledge and experience.
We now know that the earth does not sit on pillars, doesn't have four corners, and one cannot see all the earth's kingdoms from the top of a tall mountain --- e.g. the earth is not flat.
Yeah Boy Just Look around us see all the Wisdom.......NOT !!!!

That is why It Is Written

Revelation 11:18

11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

“ 18 and to destroy those who destroy the earth.”
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#425473 Mar 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long before there was a Catholic Church, 7th.
There already was the Catholic Church before John sat down to write. In fact, none of the Apostles even wrote until almost a generation past Jesus. I think Paul was the first one to write, around 58 AD.
You're right, Revelation was most likely read in the Churches before it was authoritatively put into the Bible.
But so were many writings .
Clements letters to the Corinthians were included in common scripture by the first Christians. So was Ignatius of Antioch and His letters.
Ignatius was a Disciples of John, so its reasonable to think he read the book of Revelation. In fact, John probably discussed his prophecy with Ignatius.
There is no doubt it was the wicked Roman Empire John was seeing. If it wasn't the rein of Emperor Nero or Decius, then it could have been the rein of the four emperors (four horsemen? Hmmm) during the Diocletanic Persecuting launched on February 24th 303 AD by Roman Emperors, Diocletian, Maximian, Galerius and Constantius. During a period of 7 yrs, Christians suffered the worse persecution to date. Catholic Churches across the entire empire were burned to the ground thousands of Christians fed to the lions. Their Holy Scriptures confiscated and destroyed. Many writings were were lost. Perhaps a couple of the Apostle Pauls letters? Maybe written accounts of the first 30 yrs of Jesus Christ?
"Thousands of Christians feed to the lions?"

That's nothing but a fable. Sure they were persecuted for a time. Then they persecuted others. But stop slandering lions.

Here's an idea. Instead of making things up, why not do a little research, provide credible links, and everyone learns something.

Back up your faith with truth, not factually incorrect fables.

(I am trying to help you and the RCC.)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425474 Mar 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long before there was a Catholic Church, 7th.
There already was the Catholic Church before John sat down to write. In fact, none of the Apostles even wrote until almost a generation past Jesus. I think Paul was the first one to write, around 58 AD.
You're right, Revelation was most likely read in the Churches before it was authoritatively put into the Bible.
But so were many writings .
Clements letters to the Corinthians were included in common scripture by the first Christians. So was Ignatius of Antioch and His letters.
Ignatius was a Disciples of John, so its reasonable to think he read the book of Revelation. In fact, John probably discussed his prophecy with Ignatius.
There is no doubt it was the wicked Roman Empire John was seeing. If it wasn't the rein of Emperor Nero or Decius, then it could have been the rein of the four emperors (four horsemen? Hmmm) during the Diocletanic Persecuting launched on February 24th 303 AD by Roman Emperors, Diocletian, Maximian, Galerius and Constantius. During a period of 7 yrs, Christians suffered the worse persecution to date. Catholic Churches across the entire empire were burned to the ground thousands of Christians fed to the lions. Their Holy Scriptures confiscated and destroyed. Many writings were were lost. Perhaps a couple of the Apostle Pauls letters? Maybe written accounts of the first 30 yrs of Jesus Christ?
You mean like one of your Chruch fathers that was born circa 50 A.D. and was thought to be the child that set on Jesus's lap..........rotflol

Ignatius of Antioch

Also called Theophorus (ho Theophoros); born in Syria, around the year 50; died at Rome between 98 and 117.

More than one of the earliest ecclesiastical writers have given credence, though apparently without good reason, to the legend that Ignatius was the child whom the Savior took up in His arms, as described in Mark 9:35. It is also believed, and with great probability, that, with his friend Polycarp, he was among the auditors of the Apostle St. John. If we include St. Peter, Ignatius was the third Bishop of Antioch and the immediate successor of Evodius (Eusebius, Church History II.3.22). Theodoret ("Dial. Immutab.", I, iv, 33a, Paris, 1642) is the authority for the statement that St. Peter appointed Ignatius to the See of Antioch. St. John Chrysostom lays special emphasis on the honor conferred upon the martyr in receiving his episcopal consecration at the hands of the Apostles themselves ("Hom. in St. Ig.", IV. 587). Natalis Alexander quotes Theodoret to the same effect (III, xii, art. xvi, p. 53).
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#425475 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah Boy Just Look around us see all the Wisdom.......NOT !!!!
That is why It Is Written
Revelation 11:18
11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
“ 18 and to destroy those who destroy the earth.”
Agreed. Destroy the polluters who destroy God's creation.

The ethical system of Jesus is one of the finest the world has ever seen.

But some people want to travel the easy road. So they give morals and ethics a secondary role to dogma and mysticism.

No? How did Jesus summarize His teachings? Did Jesus place dogma or virtue first?
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#425476 Mar 3, 2013
Reality 101....

How did Jesus summarize His teachings?

Did Jesus place dogma or virtue first?

Most posters here claim to have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the universe. Yet they say that Jesus' priorities in the Bible are wrong -- that dogma is more important than virtue.

They boastfully call this "wisdom."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425477 Mar 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What ladies are you talking about?
What ? So now you Catholics are trying to gain ground on another mans house of ill repute.
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#425478 Mar 3, 2013
All this sin comes from not keeping the law if the law was kept their would be no need fo heaven the kingdom it would be right here on this earth but because the laws was done away with we now live in a sinful world.And it is getting worst every day.

All you have to do is love the law it is the only way to peace and the love of your fellow man.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425479 Mar 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thousands of Christians feed to the lions?"
That's nothing but a fable. Sure they were persecuted for a time. Then they persecuted others. But stop slandering lions.
Here's an idea. Instead of making things up, why not do a little research, provide credible links, and everyone learns something.
Back up your faith with truth, not factually incorrect fables.
(I am trying to help you and the RCC.)
Im surprised you'd find a way to disagree with the factual reality that Christians were slaughtered by the thousands during the Roman Empire. Almost every Pope was martyrd too.

I'm just curious...what kinda evidence would satisfy the mind that's free?

Also, links are irrelevant if I'm posting from my own personal memory- which is often what I do.

We're all on a computer here. If you wanna check something, Google it. You don't even need to leave the page your on. Just go to a new window and you can be on Wikipedia in seconds. Google Diocletianic Persecution.
Heck, I gave you the date it started...Google that! February 24th 303 AD.
I even gave you the names of the 4 emperors of the Roman Empire who conducted it. Dioacltian, Maximian, Galareus and Constantius.
What more do you want from me?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425480 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>You mean like one of your Chruch fathers that was born circa 50 A.D. and was thought to be the child that set on Jesus's lap..........rotflol
Ignatius of Antioch
Also called Theophorus (ho Theophoros); born in Syria, around the year 50; died at Rome between 98 and 117.
More than one of the earliest ecclesiastical writers have given credence, though apparently without good reason, to the legend that Ignatius was the child whom the Savior took up in His arms, as described in Mark 9:35. It is also believed, and with great probability, that, with his friend Polycarp, he was among the auditors of the Apostle St. John. If we include St. Peter, Ignatius was the third Bishop of Antioch and the immediate successor of Evodius (Eusebius, Church History II.3.22). Theodoret ("Dial. Immutab.", I, iv, 33a, Paris, 1642) is the authority for the statement that St. Peter appointed Ignatius to the See of Antioch. St. John Chrysostom lays special emphasis on the honor conferred upon the martyr in receiving his episcopal consecration at the hands of the Apostles themselves ("Hom. in St. Ig.", IV. 587). Natalis Alexander quotes Theodoret to the same effect (III, xii, art. xvi, p. 53).
Last week when you posted this about Ignatius, we explained to you that the Catholic Church doesn't teach that Ignatius sat on Jesus lap. I believe it was Dust Storm who provided good reading so that you wouldn't falsely accuse us anymore of something we don't believe.

So why are you doing it again? I bet I know.
It Because Ignatius knew the Apostle John personally and he learned the faith directly from him. His writings are really really Catholic sounding. They are completely opposite of the crap you teach. So obviously, you need to silence this man Ignatius. You need to demean him as much as possible to justify your ideology.

Since: Sep 12

Bowie, TX

#425481 Mar 3, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>-
-
Bat Foy wrote, "
So what you're trying to get me to believe is the Muslims invaded Europe to take the holy city and ..... Noooo white men did what white men do and that is make the world think as they do and if they won't they kill them. Almost every part of the world has seen this. It just so happens that at the time of the crusades the cc was in charge. The cc used Jesus/God and the fear of hell to slash and burn its way across the world to make men slave to the church. For the cc to help it always comes at a price. Jesus loved people never killed anyone chose death rather than kill a single person. Jesus wouldn't want killing in his name."

-
-
What the Catholics REFUSE to understand is that their warring and fighting and murdering in the Name of God is the reason Islam even exists.
-
There was NO SUCH THING as ISLAM when Constantine decided: "In This Sign Conquer." ...for 300 years there was no such thing as Islam.
-
Waging WAR in the name of God was started by the Catholics!!! and IF you believe the Catholics - they did it by the *authority* granted popes by Christ Jesus himself!! Ex cathedra.
-
but
true
to
form
MONKEY *SEE*
MONKEY *DO*
-
the tribal people of the area decided that THEY TOO had just as much *moral authority* to wage war
:
in
the
Name
of
God
........and now ... we have Islam.
-
What? Did the early church leaders think everyone else would just give up, sit down and not fight back? Did the early church leaders think they could militarily stomp everyone in submission to the Catholic church?
-
And THERE is where the confusion began.
-
for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
-
people of the area reacted to the violence that was the Catholic church ...
........and now ... we have Islam.
Islam vs cc vs Jews vs everyone else's tin Gods. All claim peace all preach love all speak of things that men don't understand. Men love death and killing men want blood. Religion is how men justify killing each other. How can a religion say my God is a God if love and if you don't believe that we'll kill you? The cc and Islam are great for war and death. I choose to follow what Jesus taught not as a religious person but as a peaceful loving person who wants the world to be at peace.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425482 Mar 3, 2013
Christianity West and East

From the early Christians, early medieval Christians inherited a church united by major creeds, a stable Biblical canon, and a well-developed philosophical tradition. The history of medieval Christianity traces Christianity during the Middle Ages—the period after the fall of the Roman Empire until the Protestant Reformation, considered the start of the modern era.

During the early Middle Ages, the divide between Eastern and Western Christianity widened, paving the way for the East-West Schism in the 11th century. In the West, the power of the Bishop of Rome expanded. In 607, Boniface III became the first Bishop of Rome to use the title Pope. Pope Gregory the Great used his office as a temporal power, expanded Rome's missionary efforts to the British Isles, and laid the foundations for the expansion of monastic orders. Roman church traditions and practices gradually replaced local variants, including Celtic Christianity in Great Britain and Ireland. In the East, the conquests of Islam reduced the power of the Greek-speaking patriarchates. Various barbarian tribes went from raiding and pillaging the island to settling and invading. They were entirely pagan, having never been part of the Empire, though they experienced Christian influence from the surrounding peoples, such as those who were converted by the mission of St. Augustine, sent by Pope Gregory the Great.

Further information: Christianity in the 6th century, Christianity in the 7th century, and Christianity in the 8th century

Founding of the Holy Roman Empire

Historians count this event as the founding of the Holy Roman Empire, although the term was not used until much later. The Ottonian state is also considered the first Reich, or German Empire. Otto used the imperial title without attaching it to any territory. He and later emperors thought of themselves as part of a continuous line of emperors that begins with Charlemagne.(Several of these "emperors" were simply local Italian magnates who bullied the pope into crowning them.) Otto deposed John XII for conspiring with Berengar against him and named Pope Leo VIII to replace him (963). Berengar was captured and taken to Germany. John was able to reverse the deposition after Otto left, but died in the arms of his mistress soon afterwards.

Besides founding the German Empire, Otto's achievements include the creation of the "Ottonian church system," in which the clergy (the only literate section of the population) assumed the duties of an imperial civil service. He raised the papacy out of the muck of Rome's local gangster politics, assured that the position was competently filled, and gave it a dignity that allowed it to assume leadership of an international church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Middle_Age...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425483 Mar 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week when you posted this about Ignatius, we explained to you that the Catholic Church doesn't teach that Ignatius sat on Jesus lap. I believe it was Dust Storm who provided good reading so that you wouldn't falsely accuse us anymore of something we don't believe.
So why are you doing it again? I bet I know.
It Because Ignatius knew the Apostle John personally and he learned the faith directly from him. His writings are really really Catholic sounding. They are completely opposite of the crap you teach. So obviously, you need to silence this man Ignatius. You need to demean him as much as possible to justify your ideology.
according to the time frames of your Church fathers mopst of the apostles would have been dead by the time these so called Bishops were grown men and biblically to be called to take the office of Priest at age 30 according to Jewish custom.

Where do you suppose John was around 80 A.D. and was he on Patomas whne he wrote Revelation ? Yes I believe he was.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#425484 Mar 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Im surprised you'd find a way to disagree with the factual reality that Christians were slaughtered by the thousands during the Roman Empire. Almost every Pope was martyrd too.
I'm just curious...what kinda evidence would satisfy the mind that's free?
Also, links are irrelevant if I'm posting from my own personal memory- which is often what I do.
We're all on a computer here. If you wanna check something, Google it. You don't even need to leave the page your on. Just go to a new window and you can be on Wikipedia in seconds. Google Diocletianic Persecution.
Heck, I gave you the date it started...Google that! February 24th 303 AD.
I even gave you the names of the 4 emperors of the Roman Empire who conducted it. Dioacltian, Maximian, Galareus and Constantius.
What more do you want from me?
No problem. Try reading my post again. I can find nothing about being fed to the lions.

Why do you slander lions?

More.......

"In the centuries that followed, some Christians created a "cult of the martyrs", and exaggerated the barbarity of the persecutory era."

Read more carefully. No need to embellish the truth with false fables.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425485 Mar 3, 2013
The rise of Islam begins around the time Muhammad and his followers took flight, the Hijra, to the city of Medina. Muhammad spent his last ten years in a series of battles to conquer the Arabian region. From 622 to 632, Muhammad as the leader of a Muslim community in Medina was engaged in a state of war with the Meccans. In the proceeding decades, the area of Basra was conquered by the Muslims. During the reign of Umar, the Muslim army found it a suitable place to construct a base. Later the area was settled and a mosque was erected. Madyan was conquered and settled by Muslims, but the environment was considered harsh and the settlers moved to Kufa. Umar defeated the rebellion of several Arab tribes in a successful campaign, unifying the entire Arabian peninsula and giving it stability. Under Uthman's leadership, the empire expanded into Fars in 650, some areas of Khorasan in 651, and the conquest of Armenia was begun in the 640s. In this time, the Islamic empire extended over the whole Sassanid Persian Empire and to more than two-thirds of the Eastern Roman Empire. The First Fitna, or the First Islamic Civil War, lasted for the entirety of Ali ibn Abi Talib's reign. After the recorded peace treaty between with Hassan ibn Ali and the suppression of early Kharijites' disturbances, Muawiyah I acceded to the position of Caliph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Middle_Age...

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#425486 Mar 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick question, even though you also never respond with a direct answer, please explain to me:
a. If there were 13 Apostles, and Peter was the first to be chosen as Pope, and more than likely those other Apostles were alive (Acts state this to be), why weren't any of those individuals considered to be the successor of Peter? You would think that they all had the same teachings.
But instead, we have many non-Apostles taking that lead position.
One would think that even "John", "Matthew" or Mark - all original Apostles, and all with gospels - show that they were much more deserving than...
St. Linus (67-76)
St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)
Shoot - even Luke doesn't get a shot at this peek position.
As I've stated in the past - what you may think as "Apostolic Succession" (from one of the original 13 Apostles) is complete.
Far from it.
Enlighten me Star with your Catholic two-step, I mean wisdom.
Sorry, I don’t do the 2 step, zumba is my dance!!

They voted, much like today.
The wisdom will come from the Apostles.

“After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by St. Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus”

Among the apostles there were two groups. The first consisted of the Twelve, who witnessed the whole of Christ's earthly ministry from his baptism to his Ascension (Acts 1:21-26). The second group of apostles, including Paul and Barnabas (Acts 14:14), was not bound by this condition. Thus Paul had seen and been commissioned as an apostle by the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1, Gal. 1:1), though he had not been a disciple of Jesus during his earthly ministry (Acts 9, 1 Cor. 15:8).“
---by Jimmy Akins
http://jimmyakin.com/library

Acts 2:42 reports

that the people "devoted themselves to the teaching of the Apostles" and in

Acts 5:13: "No one of the rest dared to join himself to them [the Apostles]

but the people magnified them." So all did understand from the start that

it was the Apostles, and they alone who had the commission from Christ to

teach. St. Paul constantly teaches with authority. Pope St. Clement I, in
an Epistle to Corinth c. 95 AD, intervened with authority. He said: "Our
Apostles knew through our Lord Jesus Christ that there would be strife over
the name of Bishop. As a result, having received full foreknowledge, they
appointed those we have mentioned, and meanwhile added a provision that if
these would fall asleep [die] other approved men should receive their
ministry."

Acts 1, tells us that the FIRST ECUMENICAL COUNCILS was held to replace Judas.
For it is written in the Book of Psalms:'Let his encampment become desolate, and may no one dwell in it.' And:'May ANOTHER TAKE HIS OFFICE.'
Therefore, it is necessary that one of the men who accompanied us the whole time the Lord Jesus came and went among us,
beginning from the baptism of John until the day on which he was taken up from us, become with us a witness to his resurrection."
So they PROPOSED TWO, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias.
Then they prayed, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of THESE TWO YOU HAVE CHOSEN
TO TAKE THE PLACE IN THIS APOSTOLIC MINISTRY from which Judas turned away to go to his own place."
8 Then they gave lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted with the eleven apostles

Thanks for asking!
Question for you.….
Do you use crystals? Is a crystal your god?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425488 Mar 3, 2013
For Hojo and your 8th Pope Theroy..........lol

BREAKING NEWS IN BIBLE PROPHECY: THE NEXT AND LAST POPE OF REVELATION

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#425489 Mar 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic cult was found on paganism by the Emperor... circa 312....logic says that by then Peter had died "eons" go...so...he could not possibly have been a pope of a cult that did not exist during his lifetime!!!!!!
Your cult was founded in the 21st century by a 21st century man, so you can’t talk. lol
A double duh for you.

Ours was founded by JESUS, so live with it.
When the first Christians called Catholic and JESUS converted Constantine…..
“When Emperor Constantine legalized Christianity in AD 312, there were ALREADY many MILLIONS of Christians in the empire. What was their life like? In one sense, it was no different from the lives of their pagan neighbors. In another sense, their faith made all the difference in the world.”
“These were the neighborhoods where the Christians lived. Yet Christian homes were somehow different, and that difference was among the great and silent means of evangelization”
“...Heedless of danger, they took charge of the sick, attending their every need and ministering to them in Christ — and with them departed this life serenely happy; for they were infected by others with the disease, drawing on themselves the sickness of their neighbors and cheerfully accepting their pains.”

Pretty much like Catholic do today!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#425490 Mar 3, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
All this sin comes from not keeping the law if the law was kept their would be no need fo heaven the kingdom it would be right here on this earth but because the laws was done away with we now live in a sinful world.And it is getting worst every day.
All you have to do is love the law it is the only way to peace and the love of your fellow man.
"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."
truth

Perth, Australia

#425491 Mar 3, 2013
kudilja up up up milki way
trun nije majcino mliko
log is not mother mary milk
log=not to log
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
kutle
katle ketle kitle kotle kutle
ake eke ike oke uke
akeekeikeokeuke
1115511591151511521115 read psalm from this numbers
wicket can't have holy ticket

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 35 min Paul is dead 19
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 57 min Clearwater 37,097
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr oneear69 988,559
You are of your father.....the devil 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr takelam 47
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 6 hr what 458
Donald Trump is the new fake political project 7 hr Johnny 6
More from around the web