Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
409,721 - 409,740 of 537,131 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Please tell me why i am wrong!
How many Scripture we have old new this and that..
then..
What they talking?
About Heaven and who is or which name is real!

now..Why i am wrong?

I am very sure you don't liked your Creator.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW LTM - live in love and you won't have anything to fear.
Living in fear, will bring more fear.
You must surely be a doomsday prepper, huh?
~~~

Psa_34:11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Psa_111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Pro_1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro_1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro_2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Pro_8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro_9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Pro_10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Pro_14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Pro_14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Pro_15:16 Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.

Pro_15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honor is humility.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
We KNOW you don't have any *private* interpretation of scripture.
-
The pope DOES - and you believe the Pope; so therefore:
You have private interpretation of scripture by pope 265 times.
What??

You actually think ours 265 Popes privately interpreted scripture for us?
Oh dear Guest, the deposit of faith from scripture is already done. The Apostles already explained it for us. If a rare occasion should arise that we need
Further understanding, then our Bishop of Rome will clarify it. But he can never (I repeat) NEVER go against what was already revealed.
Meanwhile, you guys change from generation to generation. Every thing you come up with today concerning sacred scripture, is new; its opposite of what was taught from the first century onward.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

list of popes.
Notice the gaps in the so-called continuous succession of popes - those times when the cardinals couldn't decide who to pick ... though they were supposed to be, IDK, "enlightened" when choosing a new pope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YEP... HAVE NO FEAR NEW AGE IS HERE...
TYPICAL OF THIS EVENT OF THE LAST DAYS BEFORE THE COMING OF CHRIST
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Mat_23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Mat_24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
HAVE NO FEAR.... NEW AGE IS HERE..
Ecc 12:10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
Ecc 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
But what happened to what Jesus said that not even the angels in heaven know the date and that we should not waste our time trying to figure out when the end will come? Why do people ignore that?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
You can post all the conjecture you wish
As far as I am concerned
You just waste your energy exercising your fingers...
If you cannot give credibility to what you write and validate it by
the word of God...
IF YOU CANNOT PROVE WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN... BY THE WORD OF GOD
YOUR ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE...
PROVE IT ..BY GOD'S WORD...OR SAVE YOUR ENERGY...
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
IT AINT IN THERE...READ IT FOR YOURSELF
NO POPE
NO CATHOLIC CHURCH
NO DYNASTY IN ROME
If you read those verses for the very first time today, you'd conclude the following:

- Jesus is starting a Church that is so protected, that even Satan will not prevail against it.

- Jesus is giving Peter a special authority.... A very very special authority. He's giving Peter the keys to dictate things that Heaven itself will acknowledge and consider valid. Wow.

Now, what happens if Peter uses this authority to ordain Clement of Rome as his successor? And gives HIM the keys???
Did Peter cross the line, and now Jesus will take back that authority He previously gave him?

Confrint says yes, there were no successors to Peter. Peter did not have the authority to elect anyone Bishops.

Again, Confrint, take it up with God on judgement day.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

We not say Lord!

Not at all!
We say Gospodine..Gosp el you ad again..its words what Scripture describe spread gospel good news about what?

Who is real?
Which name is above all?

Where is your preachers as well others smart.
We know satanic wicket organization is very very smart.
John Brown

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yahweh is not A god!!!!!!! And you brainwashed sheeple need to quit worshiping him as one it is like A slap in his face but he knows you have been deceived.rev 12/9

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
You actually think ours 265 Popes privately interpreted scripture for us?
Oh dear Guest, the deposit of faith from scripture is already done. The Apostles already explained it for us. If a rare occasion should arise that we need
Further understanding, then our Bishop of Rome will clarify it. But he can never (I repeat) NEVER go against what was already revealed.
Meanwhile, you guys change from generation to generation. Every thing you come up with today concerning sacred scripture, is new; its opposite of what was taught from the first century onward.
-
Oh dear Clay, why worry about the deposit of faith from scripture if you don't pay any heed to it at all?
-
"CALL NO MAN FATHER!" ... the first and most important scripture your church has completely ignored. GOING AGAINST what is ALREADY revealed by Jesus Christ himself.

and I am "guest" with a lower case 'g'- not to be confused with "Guest" with a upper case 'G'! We've pointed that out to you on occasion, and you ignore it, just as you ignore scripture straight from the mouth of Jesus and follow the pope instead. And all the while insisting they are in agreement ... the pope, and Jesus Christ.
Not!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I already told you..you already break up commandments..did you..maybe not as you try explain as well many call themself to much honest..possessor..we live where others slaughterer..did you know that..now your apache jamerica can be chamerika or all around world whats so ever..please understood.
Possessor is not who is real.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read those verses for the very first time today, you'd conclude the following:
- Jesus is starting a Church that is so protected, that even Satan will not prevail against it.
- Jesus is giving Peter a special authority.... A very very special authority. He's giving Peter the keys to dictate things that Heaven itself will acknowledge and consider valid. Wow.
Now, what happens if Peter uses this authority to ordain Clement of Rome as his successor? And gives HIM the keys???
Did Peter cross the line, and now Jesus will take back that authority He previously gave him?
Confrint says yes, there were no successors to Peter. Peter did not have the authority to elect anyone Bishops.
Again, Confrint, take it up with God on judgement day.
If YOU read "Call No Man Your Father." for the very first time today, YOU"D conclude the following: Call no man father.

Jesus said it plainly. He meant it plainly. Call no man your father.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
But what happened to what Jesus said that not even the angels in heaven know the date and that we should not waste our time trying to figure out when the end will come? Why do people ignore that?
Great point Sherlayne. Look at the thousands of people who ignored that and followed Harold Camping last year. Look at the SDA cult who's been predicting the 'end is near' since their inception a hundred fifty yrs ago!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

which legal documents..how many false documents exist ion this planet..who say that Jesus..
o you Scribe Pharisee this and that..are you for sure
your nice diploma can possess anything what so ever you put in your mind..not mine not at all.

Your law is not mine not at all..love your God as yourself.
How much you love your Creator?
Creator left seal on hand ''N''.

no you not love ..
no you not honor..

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Jesus did tell us to 'keep watch' so as to be prepared.
-
Matthew 25:
13 ďTherefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a date setter but he has give us the signs of the times..

Jesus said.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

NOTE
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

-->THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE THE GOSPEL..TO FIT THEMSELVES...

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and

then shall the end come.

Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner,-->when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.<--

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you,

NOTE

that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Mar 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

Mar 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

Mar 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all,

Watch.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah we believe that Christ is present at Mass. We believe that He can be present with us. Do you not believe this-that He can be present?
Christ and His redemption DO remain with us through time. His sacrifice was eternal, right?
The fact that we do it in remembrance of Him does acknowledge that He's not standing there in front of us in His human form.
He is with us in Spirit... not in body. His BODY is not present in the Mass.
Yes, His sacrifice was eternal. It was also ONCE for all and all suffecient. There are now no reason for further sacrifices. There is not, nor should there be a 'sacrifice of the Mass'.
Jesus paid it all. "IT IS FINISHED".
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

its written
we know who used what per scripture
someone also used bible then reject..

they reject what?..

now please don't pretend with your lips
they calculated
Jesus calculated too.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No-He repeated the teaching verbatim several times despite the grumbling and departure of some of the assemblage. It would indeed be "contradictory" for Christ to deliberately be obtuse as to put off His followers.
RE: receipt of spiritual gifts via ritual-
You ascribe spiritual things to Baptism, I assume. It's a "fleshly" ritual.
No. You assume incorrectly.
Now back to the topic, and quit assuming.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

you try say ..accusers and killers come..

Did they have diploma as Scribe Pharisee this and that?

Is that nice describe?
Perfectly describe, correct very bad wishers!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

<quoted text>
God is not a date setter but he has give us the signs of the times..
Jesus said.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
NOTE
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
-->THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE THE GOSPEL..TO FIT THEMSELVES...
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and
then shall the end come.
Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner,-->when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.<--
Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you,
NOTE
that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Mar 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Mar 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
Mar 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all,
Watch.
~~~

REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH

Years of time have come and gone
Since I first heard it told
How Jesus would come again some day
If back then it seemed so real
Then I just canít help but feel
How much closer His coming is today

CHORUS
Signs of the times are everywhere
Thereís a brand new feeling in the air
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky
Lift up your head redemption draweth nigh

Wars and strife on every hand
And violence fills the land
Still some people doubt Heíll ever come again
But the Word of God is true
Heíll redeem His chosen few
Donít lose hope soon Christ Jesus will descend

CHORUS
Signs of the times are everywhere
Thereís a brand new feeling in the air
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••