Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,539
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

United States

#425142 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
You actually think ours 265 Popes privately interpreted scripture for us?
Oh dear Guest, the deposit of faith from scripture is already done. The Apostles already explained it for us. If a rare occasion should arise that we need
Further understanding, then our Bishop of Rome will clarify it. But he can never (I repeat) NEVER go against what was already revealed.
Meanwhile, you guys change from generation to generation. Every thing you come up with today concerning sacred scripture, is new; its opposite of what was taught from the first century onward.
-
Oh dear Clay, why worry about the deposit of faith from scripture if you don't pay any heed to it at all?
-
"CALL NO MAN FATHER!" ... the first and most important scripture your church has completely ignored. GOING AGAINST what is ALREADY revealed by Jesus Christ himself.

and I am "guest" with a lower case 'g'- not to be confused with "Guest" with a upper case 'G'! We've pointed that out to you on occasion, and you ignore it, just as you ignore scripture straight from the mouth of Jesus and follow the pope instead. And all the while insisting they are in agreement ... the pope, and Jesus Christ.
Not!
truth

Perth, Australia

#425143 Feb 28, 2013
I already told you..you already break up commandments..did you..maybe not as you try explain as well many call themself to much honest..possessor..we live where others slaughterer..did you know that..now your apache jamerica can be chamerika or all around world whats so ever..please understood.
Possessor is not who is real.

United States

#425144 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read those verses for the very first time today, you'd conclude the following:
- Jesus is starting a Church that is so protected, that even Satan will not prevail against it.
- Jesus is giving Peter a special authority.... A very very special authority. He's giving Peter the keys to dictate things that Heaven itself will acknowledge and consider valid. Wow.
Now, what happens if Peter uses this authority to ordain Clement of Rome as his successor? And gives HIM the keys???
Did Peter cross the line, and now Jesus will take back that authority He previously gave him?
Confrint says yes, there were no successors to Peter. Peter did not have the authority to elect anyone Bishops.
Again, Confrint, take it up with God on judgement day.
If YOU read "Call No Man Your Father." for the very first time today, YOU"D conclude the following: Call no man father.

Jesus said it plainly. He meant it plainly. Call no man your father.
Clay

United States

#425145 Feb 28, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
But what happened to what Jesus said that not even the angels in heaven know the date and that we should not waste our time trying to figure out when the end will come? Why do people ignore that?
Great point Sherlayne. Look at the thousands of people who ignored that and followed Harold Camping last year. Look at the SDA cult who's been predicting the 'end is near' since their inception a hundred fifty yrs ago!
truth

Perth, Australia

#425146 Feb 28, 2013
which legal documents..how many false documents exist ion this planet..who say that Jesus..
o you Scribe Pharisee this and that..are you for sure
your nice diploma can possess anything what so ever you put in your mind..not mine not at all.

Your law is not mine not at all..love your God as yourself.
How much you love your Creator?
Creator left seal on hand ''N''.

no you not love ..
no you not honor..

United States

#425147 Feb 28, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
But what happened to what Jesus said that not even the angels in heaven know the date and that we should not waste our time trying to figure out when the end will come? Why do people ignore that?
-
-
Jesus did tell us to 'keep watch' so as to be prepared.
-
Matthew 25:
13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#425148 Feb 28, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a date setter but he has give us the signs of the times..

Jesus said.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

NOTE
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

-->THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE THE GOSPEL..TO FIT THEMSELVES...

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and

then shall the end come.

Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner,-->when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.<--

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you,

NOTE

that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Mar 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

Mar 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

Mar 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all,

Watch.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#425149 Feb 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah we believe that Christ is present at Mass. We believe that He can be present with us. Do you not believe this-that He can be present?
Christ and His redemption DO remain with us through time. His sacrifice was eternal, right?
The fact that we do it in remembrance of Him does acknowledge that He's not standing there in front of us in His human form.
He is with us in Spirit... not in body. His BODY is not present in the Mass.
Yes, His sacrifice was eternal. It was also ONCE for all and all suffecient. There are now no reason for further sacrifices. There is not, nor should there be a 'sacrifice of the Mass'.
Jesus paid it all. "IT IS FINISHED".
truth

Perth, Australia

#425150 Feb 28, 2013
its written
we know who used what per scripture
someone also used bible then reject..

they reject what?..

now please don't pretend with your lips
they calculated
Jesus calculated too.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#425151 Feb 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No-He repeated the teaching verbatim several times despite the grumbling and departure of some of the assemblage. It would indeed be "contradictory" for Christ to deliberately be obtuse as to put off His followers.
RE: receipt of spiritual gifts via ritual-
You ascribe spiritual things to Baptism, I assume. It's a "fleshly" ritual.
No. You assume incorrectly.
Now back to the topic, and quit assuming.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425152 Feb 28, 2013
you try say ..accusers and killers come..

Did they have diploma as Scribe Pharisee this and that?

Is that nice describe?
Perfectly describe, correct very bad wishers!

#425153 Feb 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a date setter but he has give us the signs of the times..
Jesus said.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
NOTE
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
-->THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE THE GOSPEL..TO FIT THEMSELVES...
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and
then shall the end come.
Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner,-->when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.<--
Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you,
NOTE
that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Mar 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Mar 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
Mar 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all,
Watch.
~~~

REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH

Years of time have come and gone
Since I first heard it told
How Jesus would come again some day
If back then it seemed so real
Then I just can’t help but feel
How much closer His coming is today

CHORUS
Signs of the times are everywhere
There’s a brand new feeling in the air
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky
Lift up your head redemption draweth nigh

Wars and strife on every hand
And violence fills the land
Still some people doubt He’ll ever come again
But the Word of God is true
He’ll redeem His chosen few
Don’t lose hope soon Christ Jesus will descend

CHORUS
Signs of the times are everywhere
There’s a brand new feeling in the air
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky

Clay

United States

#425154 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOU read "Call No Man Your Father." for the very first time today, YOU"D conclude the following: Call no man father.
Jesus said it plainly. He meant it plainly. Call no man your father.
So some things you accept word for word and some things you don't?
That's unbecoming of a sola scripturist.

"call no man father". Yup, there it is right there.

"This is my body" nope, He meant something else.

"you must be born again" Yup, it says it right there.

"Peter you are the rock upon which I will build my Church". Nope, Jesus doesn't really mean that, He means this...

"Thou shall not make unto thee graven images" there it is, right there, God said don't do it.

"make one cherub on one end, And a second cherub on the other" well, God said to do it just this once.

Finally,
"whoever eats the bread and drinks the wine unworthily, is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of Jesus Christ"
Well, Paul didn't really mean Christs actual body. Jesus said the 'flesh profits nothing'. Paul must have forgot to read the gospel of John.

This is your faith, Guest. Its called designer Christianity.

#425155 Feb 28, 2013
Our Lord's Return to Earth Again

I am watching for the coming of the glad millennial day,
When our blessèd Lord shall come and catch His waiting bride away.
Oh! my heart is filled with rapture as I labor, watch, and pray,
For our Lord is coming back to earth again.

Refrain

Oh, our Lord is coming back to earth again.
Yes, our Lord is coming back to earth again.
Satan will be bound a thousand years; we’ll have no tempter then,
After Jesus shall come back to earth again.

Jesus’ coming back will be the answer to earth’s sorrowing cry,
For the knowledge of the Lord shall fill the earth and sea and sky.
God shall take away all sickness and the sufferer’s tears will dry,
When our Savior will come back to earth again.

Refrain

Refrain

Yes, the ransomed of the Lord shall come to Zion then with joy,
And in all His holy mountain nothing hurts or shall destroy.
Perfect peace shall reign in every heart, and love without alloy,

Refrain

Then the sin and sorrow, pain and death of this dark world shall cease,
In a glorious reign with Jesus of a thousand years of peace.
All the earth is groaning, crying for that day of sweet release,
For our Jesus shall come back to earth again.

Refrain

truth

Perth, Australia

#425156 Feb 28, 2013
its stay upon two on top is been light..

Are you for sure you not see that?

#425157 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So some things you accept word for word and some things you don't?
That's unbecoming of a sola scripturist.
"call no man father". Yup, there it is right there.
"This is my body" nope, He meant something else.
"you must be born again" Yup, it says it right there.
"Peter you are the rock upon which I will build my Church". Nope, Jesus doesn't really mean that, He means this...
"Thou shall not make unto thee graven images" there it is, right there, God said don't do it.
"make one cherub on one end, And a second cherub on the other" well, God said to do it just this once.
Finally,
"whoever eats the bread and drinks the wine unworthily, is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of Jesus Christ"
Well, Paul didn't really mean Christs actual body. Jesus said the 'flesh profits nothing'. Paul must have forgot to read the gospel of John.
This is your faith, Guest. Its called designer Christianity.
~~~

Its called designer Christianity.

It is Christianity that IS TAKEN FROM the MANUFACTURES MANUEL... THE

THE DESIGNER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH

AND HIS PLAN OF REDEMPTION

OF MAN KIND... THROUGH THE BLOOD OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425158 Feb 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And no - I do not just "read the words". I understand them.
If you "claim to understand them" then your thought process is "interpreting and discerning the meaning" of what you read! Just stop and think New Age---"if that is possible"!!!
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#425159 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I've haven't placed anything in your mouth, but am drawing conclusions from your posts. Like these:
a. You don't know anything about the religion you practice
b. You continue to make up lies about other people, just because you can't support the claims you made up.
c. The limited knowledge of your religion that you do possess, is only that which other men have provided to you.
Yep - a fraud....Oh wait....I guess we could also use what is designated in your religion's words, "a false prophet".
When you have some intelligence to post viable links and support for your claims, then respond back to me, until then, your tactic of avoiding is everclear to me and others.
Face the honesty Saban, it will make you a better person.
<quoted text>
No. WHen I used "bBusted" - it means I've spoiled your lie with truth, just so others are not misled.
Please try and stay focussed if you care to discuss anything with me.
Thanks for responding.
You can't prove a thing you've just said about me. You give your crazy opinion but not proof.
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#425160 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The vagueness of Christianity.
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
Loaded question.

Location hidden

#425161 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
thank you, Oxbow
My pleasure....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 3 min Ruby88 53,323
sex (May '13) 30 min aby jogja istimewa 111
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 32 min raju 10
Poll have you been completely naked when your home a... 38 min girls united states 19
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 49 min girls united states 92
Poll have you ever been completely naked in public o... 57 min girls united states 10
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 1,931
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr bacon hater 816,921
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 97,948
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 39,937
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 609,713
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr TechieXP 269,968
More from around the web