Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
409,701 - 409,720 of 533,887 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

endtime wrote:
----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Are you in the same compound as Guest and 7th?

If so, tell them I said hi, and I'll bring some canned goods for y'all if I can hide out when the four horsemen are riding around.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The vagueness of Christianity.
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
~~~

I did not say

that

"Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?"

You evidently you have an

obsession. with that subject...

Decide for yourself and stop attempting to draw me into

your darkness of the mind...

1Co_12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Gal_1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal_1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I give you God's word again...

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus created the position, Confrint.
You just refuse to acknowledge it because you don't want to.
"Peter, you are the rock upon which ill build MY Church". "I will give you the keys to Heaven"
"Peter, feed my sheep".
"wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church, it is not lawful to baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, Thus will be safe and valid"
Ignatius of Antioch, 105 AD.
The earliest known Christian writing outside of the NT, is Clements first letter to the Corinthians. Here Clement demonstrates his authority as Bishop of Rome (Pope) demanding that the Church in Corinth reinstate several Priests they removed unjustly. This letter was believed to have been written around 90 AD.
"I would far rather hear of a rival to my throne than another Bishop of Rome"
Emperor Decius upon beheading Pope Fabian in
250 AD.
-
wow.
-
BEFORE Jesus *created* the *position*... He, without equivocation, SAID, "Call No Man Your Father." so why would he create a position where it is expected that men are to be called Father?
-
Is it any wonder how you cannot understand that simple sentence, and expect to interpret a more complicated allegorical statement?
The Gates of Hell ... where and who ARE the gates of hell, Clay.
-
Jesus is the Door to Heaven ...
so I wonder if it could be said that Satan is the Gates of Hell?
-
Jesus said to Feed my Sheep
Satan destroys the sheep.
-
When the Pope covers up for pedophiles ... he has opened the Gates of Hell and pushed the little children IN!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Who is the Antichrist?
The people of the world are currently desperate for a savior who will rescue them from all their self-inflicted problems. The threat of war, economic uncertainty, terrorism, disease, and the seeming meaninglessness of life are all preparing humankind to accept what will be its last great human emperor, which the Bible describes in vivid detail. Of this preparation, historian Arnold Toynbee observed:“By forcing on mankind more and more lethal weapons, and at the same time making the world more and more interdependent economically, technology has brought mankind to such a degree of distress that we are ripe for the deifying of any new Caesar who might succeed in giving the world unity and peace.”

Some may try to deny it, but the history of humanity has demonstrated that people will readily turn themselves over to anyone with answers to their problems, even to the point of worshipping them as their savior. First came the Egyptian kings who brought the people order and prosperity, and for their efforts, they were regarded as sons of gods. Afterwards, Alexander the Great appeared in history, and for his accomplishments he was granted divine kingship from his followers, and eventually worshipped after his death.

Full blown emperor worship began in 29 B.C. at Ephesus through Julius Caesar, with Caligula (A.D. 37) being the first emperor to allow the veneration of a living Roman Caesar. Those coming after Caligula (e.g. Domitian) saw political value from being deified and had no problem extracting worship from their citizenry. And the interesting thing about that worship is that it was freely given to the emperors by the people; a gift for having given them peace and economic assistance. William Barclay states:“The extraordinary fact is that emperor worship was not imposed on the Roman Empire from above; it grew from below.”

Examples continue right into the 20th century with dictators such as Adolf Hitler, about whom the German people composed hymns that deified his abilities. It’s sad but true: history speaks to the fact that people will readily follow and even worship a leader who delivers on their promises of peace and prosperity.

con
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Examples continue right into the 20th century with dictators such as Adolf Hitler, about whom the German people composed hymns that deified his abilities. It’s sad but true: history speaks to the fact that people will readily follow and even worship a leader who delivers on their promises of peace and prosperity.

As for the future, certain New Age teachings proclaim the coming of a world ruler who appears to exemplify human perfection. Levi Dowling, in his book Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ, writes:“But in the ages to come, man will attain to greater heights ... And at last, a mighty master soul will come to earth to light the way up to the throne of perfect man.”

The Bible clearly describes a coming world ruler who will make all others that have come before him pale in comparison. The traditional name given him is Antichrist, with the name coming from the Apostle John: "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour”(1 John 2:18).

The prefix “anti” in the Greek can be defined in one of two ways. The most common meaning is as an indicator of something that is the exact opposite of the suffix that follows it. But, the second definition surprisingly can mean “another”,“replaced by another”, or “instead of”. The coming Antichrist fits both of these definitions. He will at first seem to be “another” Christ; a savior that the world willingly welcomes and follows because of the apparent goodness that he brings about. Soon afterwards, however, he will reveal his true nature and display that he is actually the polar opposite of the true Messiah, Jesus Christ.

A tracing of the Antichrist through Scripture begins in the book of Genesis. In God’s curse handed down to Satan through the serpent in the garden of Eden, the first allusion to Antichrist is given: "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, and you shall bruise him on the heel”(Genesis 3:15). In this verse, God speaks about two seeds: the seed of the serpent and the seed of the woman. The seed of the woman can be followed through Scripture and is found to be a godly line that results in the nation of Israel, which in turn gives birth to Jesus Christ. The seed of the serpent can be traced as well and be found to result in the Roman nation (cf. Daniel 9:26; Revelation 17), which will one day deliver the Antichrist.

The Bible is quite clear as to when the Antichrist will appear, what he will do, and what his destiny will be. Regarding when the Antichrist will be made known, the Apostle Paul writes that the coming tribulation period spoken about in the Bible (cf. Daniel 9; Matthew 24; Revelation 4–18) will not come about until the Antichrist is revealed:“Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship”(2 Thessalonians 2:3-4).

Paul also teaches in the same passage that there will be an event that will unleash the Antichrist upon the earth:“And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed”(2 Thessalonians 2:6-7). Many theologians believe this event will be the rapture of the Church. The Church’s removal from the earth permits the Antichrist to be unveiled and begin his worldwide campaign of conquest.

cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Speaking about the Antichrist’s crusade, the Apostle John writes about a vision he is given in Revelation that describes it: "Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder,‘Come.’ I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer”(Revelation 6:1-2). It should be noted that the white horse signifies a conquering ruler and the bow with no arrows telegraphs the thought that the Antichrist will win his campaigns mostly through peace rather than via war in the beginning.

Tracing the building of the Antichrist’s earthly kingdom through Scripture (cf. Daniel 7:8-11, 7:19-26, 9:24-27, 11:36-39, 11:40-45; Revelation 13:1-8, 17:1-13) reveals that he will take possession of a ten nation confederacy that will represent a revived Roman empire. Seven of the nations will willingly give themselves over to him, while three will be subdued. The Antichrist will also sign a false peace treaty with the nation of Israel (cf. Daniel 9:24-27) and appear to bring peace to the Middle East. This and other actions prompt the world to marvel at his prowess:“Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”(Revelation 13:4).

However, the Antichrist’s false peace soon evaporates when, in the middle of his seven year reign, he enters a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and declares himself to be God, showing himself to be someone “who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God”(2 Thessalonians 2:4; also cf. Matthew 24:15). The Antichrist will demand worship from all humanity and will execute any who do not bow down and worship him (cf. Revelation 13:15). It is at this point that the true Creator responds to the challenge and begins to decimate the Antichrist, his kingdom, and all who follow him. This will be the period referred to by Christ as the Great Tribulation (cf. Matthew 24:21).

The Great Tribulation culminates in the battle of Armageddon when Christ returns, puts an end to the Antichrist’s reign, and assigns him to eternal destruction: "And the beast [the Antichrist] was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone”(Revelation 19:20).

The Antichrist’s destiny is fixed and certain, as is every person’s who chooses to follow a false messiah instead of the only true One. Because each new day brings humanity closer to the time when the Antichrist will be set loose upon the earth, it is critical that those who have not yet put their faith in Jesus Christ do so and escape the time of the Antichrist’s rule:“Now is the day of salvation”(2 Corinthians 6:2).

gotquestions.org

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus created the position, Confrint.
You just refuse to acknowledge it because you don't want to.
"Peter, you are the rock upon which ill build MY Church". "I will give you the keys to Heaven"
~~~

Your private interpretation of the above scripture does not say that

Peter is or was ever a Pope.

Neither does Jesus assign your assumed conjecture to any specific Church

It says nothing about papal succession...

To start with Peter was a Jew...and how could a bunch of gentiles

succeed him..

continued
xxxxxxx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

continued
xxxxxxx
At the time of the writing of Matthew 16:17-18-19 Gentiles were considered strangers and dogs...

This did not change until Jesus died and rose again...

Only then were we Gentiles grafted in to the olive tree,
and became heirs to the kingdom of God through the blood of Jesus Christ..

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Continued
xxxxxxx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Continued
xxxxxxx
___

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What the Jews recognize as canon does not supersede what Christians recognize. Especially after their canon was not instituted until 70+ yrs after Christ died.
The Catholic Church gathered, edited and compiled the books THEY considered as inspired.
You are not a part of this Church, so you have no business attempting to dictate these scriptures.
Does Canada try to dictate the United States Constitution? No
Why? Because Canada has no authority to do so.
The CC protected and still protects the Bible from the cults, conspiracy Christians, Satanist, doomsday apocalyptic wackos (that's you) and whomever else tries to hijack the books.
Absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!

History of the King James Version of the Bible:
Throughout the Middle Ages literacy rates were extremely low in Europe, and hand copied manuscripts were expensive. The bible and many legal documents were written in Latin or Greek, which were becoming increasingly dead languages used only by the church. Moreover, the statute of Valencia and other statutes had made it illegal for anyone not authorized by the church to have even the Latin and Greek versions of the of the Bible.

The laity therefore had to rely on the church, government and powers that be for understanding and interpreting these documents. With the invention of the printing press, one of the first books to be printed was the bible, which was soon translated into several languages, often badly. The errors were due in part to ignorance and in part by attempts to use the Bible to further sectarian political or theological goals.

A few small parts of the Bible had been translated into vernacular at different times. King Alfred translated the ten commandments, and Bede had translated the gospel of St John into Saxon language, but the translation was lost. In the fourteenth century.

Wyclif had translated parts of the Bible and this work was completed after his death. Many copies of this "Lollard" bible in middle English were distributed before the invention of printing.

To be continuated...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
wow.
-
BEFORE Jesus *created* the *position*... He, without equivocation, SAID, "Call No Man Your Father." so why would he create a position where it is expected that men are to be called Father?
-
Is it any wonder how you cannot understand that simple sentence, and expect to interpret a more complicated allegorical statement?
The Gates of Hell ... where and who ARE the gates of hell, Clay.
-
Jesus is the Door to Heaven ...
so I wonder if it could be said that Satan is the Gates of Hell?
-
Jesus said to Feed my Sheep
Satan destroys the sheep.
-
When the Pope covers up for pedophiles ... he has opened the Gates of Hell and pushed the little children IN!
'call no man father' is a part of the Bible that you isolate and use against the Church that gave you the Bible.
Hmmm.

Guest, this topic of 'call no man father' is something that has been fairly explained to you.
You see, i know you think you have a case against the Church here, because you feel you can show that verse and be justified.
On judgement day, be sure to show Jesus that verse so he'll understand your ideology.

But make sure to remove John 8:56 from your bible, so Christ won't think you realized your error.

"your FATHER Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day, he saw it and was glad"
John 8:56
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
succeed him..
continued
xxxxxxx
I don't have any private interpretation of scripture.
If I need to know something, I'll go to the Church that gave me the books. I know that they know, that the Apostles already explained those verses once. They been safeguarding the faith for 2,000 yrs and protecting the Holy Scriptures from you and the other private popes.
Their interpretations are in line with everything the Apostles taught. Christ guarantees it.
Your interpretations are just that..YOURS!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
What the Jews recognize as canon does not supersede what Christians recognize. Especially after their canon was not instituted until 70+ yrs after Christ died.
The Catholic Church gathered, edited and compiled the books THEY considered as inspired.
You are not a part of this Church, so you have no business attempting to dictate these scriptures.
The CC protected and still protects the Bible from the cults, conspiracy Christians, Satanist, doomsday apocalyptic wackos (that's you) and whomever else tries to hijack the books.
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
Absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!
History of the King James Version of the Bible:
Throughout the Middle Ages literacy rates were extremely low in Europe, and hand copied manuscripts were expensive. The bible and many legal documents were written in Latin or Greek, which were becoming increasingly dead languages used only by the church.

Moreover, the statute of Valencia and other statutes had made it illegal for anyone not authorized by the church to have even the Latin and Greek versions of the of the Bible.

The laity therefore had to rely on the church, government and powers that be for understanding and interpreting these documents. With the invention of the printing press, one of the first books to be printed was the bible, which was soon translated into several languages, often badly. The errors were due in part to ignorance and in part by attempts to use the Bible to further sectarian political or theological goals.

A few small parts of the Bible had been translated into vernacular at different times. King Alfred translated the ten commandments, and Bede had translated the gospel of St John into Saxon language, but the translation was lost. In the fourteenth century.

Wyclif had translated parts of the Bible and this work was completed after his death. Many copies of this "Lollard" bible in middle English were distributed before the invention of printing.
To be continuated...
thank you, Oxbow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

-
likewise Clay, what the Catholic Church recognizes does not in any way *supplant* The Jewish Hebrew Scriptures.
-
Never forget: The Jewish People were entrusted with the Word of God.
-
always remember the Catholic Church ADDED books to the Jewish Hebrew Scriptures.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Who is the Antichrist?
The people of the world are currently desperate for a savior who will rescue them from all their self-inflicted problems. The threat of war, economic uncertainty, terrorism, disease, and the seeming meaninglessness of life are all preparing humankind to accept what will be its last great human emperor, which the Bible describes in vivid detail. Of this preparation, historian Arnold Toynbee observed:“By forcing on mankind more and more lethal weapons, and at the same time making the world more and more interdependent economically, technology has brought mankind to such a degree of distress that we are ripe for the deifying of any new Caesar who might succeed in giving the world unity and peace.”
Some may try to deny it, but the history of humanity has demonstrated that people will readily turn themselves over to anyone with answers to their problems, even to the point of worshipping them as their savior. First came the Egyptian kings who brought the people order and prosperity, and for their efforts, they were regarded as sons of gods. Afterwards, Alexander the Great appeared in history, and for his accomplishments he was granted divine kingship from his followers, and eventually worshipped after his death.
Full blown emperor worship began in 29 B.C. at Ephesus through Julius Caesar, with Caligula (A.D. 37) being the first emperor to allow the veneration of a living Roman Caesar. Those coming after Caligula (e.g. Domitian) saw political value from being deified and had no problem extracting worship from their citizenry. And the interesting thing about that worship is that it was freely given to the emperors by the people; a gift for having given them peace and economic assistance. William Barclay states:“The extraordinary fact is that emperor worship was not imposed on the Roman Empire from above; it grew from below.”
con
"The people of the world are currently desperate for a savior who will rescue them from all their self-inflicted problems. The threat of war, economic uncertainty, terrorism, disease, and the seeming meaninglessness of life are all preparing humankind to accept what will be its last great human emperor, which the Bible describes in vivid detail. "
- these calamities have been happening much longer than when Jesus was on the planet, and still continue to this day.
- leaning on a "savior" to rescue you, and take you to heaven (only in death will you achieve this), is foolish. If you want to go to heaven just ask another to kill you. You do think you will go to heaven, so why not join it now?

Yeah - I thoughtso. Afraid to die right now? Not sure of your salvation in that regard?

The dismay of death. Get over it. Jesus tells us it will be alright, and continue seeking the knowledge of that time, so you will be prepared.

Why have you stopped? Are you saying out of one side of your mouth that you are, but you are so excited about reaching that peak moment, you prefer to live longer, is the speak coming out of the other side.

You are confused as well.

One should not fear death, but one should live to understand it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Speaking about the Antichrist’s crusade, the Apostle John writes about a vision he is given in Revelation that describes it: "Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder,‘Come.’ I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer”(Revelation 6:1-2). It should be noted that the white horse signifies a conquering ruler and the bow with no arrows telegraphs the thought that the Antichrist will win his campaigns mostly through peace rather than via war in the beginning.
Tracing the building of the Antichrist’s earthly kingdom through Scripture (cf. Daniel 7:8-11, 7:19-26, 9:24-27, 11:36-39, 11:40-45; Revelation 13:1-8, 17:1-13) reveals that he will take possession of a ten nation confederacy that will represent a revived Roman empire. Seven of the nations will willingly give themselves over to him, while three will be subdued. The Antichrist will also sign a false peace treaty with the nation of Israel (cf. Daniel 9:24-27) and appear to bring peace to the Middle East. This and other actions prompt the world to marvel at his prowess:“Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”(Revelation 13:4).
However, the Antichrist’s false peace soon evaporates when, in the middle of his seven year reign, he enters a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and declares himself to be God, showing himself to be someone “who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God”(2 Thessalonians 2:4; also cf. Matthew 24:15). The Antichrist will demand worship from all humanity and will execute any who do not bow down and worship him (cf. Revelation 13:15). It is at this point that the true Creator responds to the challenge and begins to decimate the Antichrist, his kingdom, and all who follow him. This will be the period referred to by Christ as the Great Tribulation (cf. Matthew 24:21).
The Great Tribulation culminates in the battle of Armageddon when Christ returns, puts an end to the Antichrist’s reign, and assigns him to eternal destruction: "And the beast [the Antichrist] was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone”(Revelation 19:20).
The Antichrist’s destiny is fixed and certain, as is every person’s who chooses to follow a false messiah instead of the only true One. Because each new day brings humanity closer to the time when the Antichrist will be set loose upon the earth, it is critical that those who have not yet put their faith in Jesus Christ do so and escape the time of the Antichrist’s rule:“Now is the day of salvation”(2 Corinthians 6:2).
gotquestions.org
BTW LTM - live in love and you won't have anything to fear.

Living in fear, will bring more fear.

You must surely be a doomsday prepper, huh?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If I need to know something, I'll go to the Church that gave me the books. I know that they know, that the Apostles already explained those verses once. They been safeguarding the faith for 2,000 yrs and protecting the Holy Scriptures from you and the other private popes.
Their interpretations are in line with everything the Apostles taught. Christ guarantees it.
~~~

You can post all the conjecture you wish

As far as I am concerned

You just waste your energy exercising your fingers...

If you cannot give credibility to what you write and validate it by

the word of God...

IF YOU CANNOT PROVE WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN... BY THE WORD OF GOD

YOUR ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE...

PROVE IT ..BY GOD'S WORD...OR SAVE YOUR ENERGY...

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

IT AINT IN THERE...READ IT FOR YOURSELF

NO POPE

NO CATHOLIC CHURCH

NO DYNASTY IN ROME

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
~~~
succeed him..
continued
xxxxxxx
-
-
Clay wrote:
-
We KNOW you don't have any *private* interpretation of scripture.
-
The pope DOES - and you believe the Pope; so therefore:
You have private interpretation of scripture by pope 265 times.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW LTM - live in love and you won't have anything to fear.
Living in fear, will bring more fear.
You must surely be a doomsday prepper, huh?
~~~

YEP... HAVE NO FEAR NEW AGE IS HERE...

TYPICAL OF THIS EVENT OF THE LAST DAYS BEFORE THE COMING OF CHRIST

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:

Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Mat_23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Mat_24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

HAVE NO FEAR.... NEW AGE IS HERE..

Ecc 12:10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

Ecc 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

We not say yew..y not exist.

We say zid..but which zid meaning about that.
We say ''who is real''?..not israel what you will choose who is real or what?..remember words what i say..don't ad nothing ..who ever ad anything all evil will be ad to them..long time ago evil come in Matrix.

Who will save you..someone who is real?
Which name is above everything?

Now what a about lips and diploma who like to be pretender thousand years o what a shame?!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

343 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GMO foods and you! 4 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 69
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min MUQ1 257,189
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min john 115,876
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min hazem selawi 38,493
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 16 min rey 219
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min River Tam 722,590
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min racism warrior 4,927
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr varun 125
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr bottom1980 484
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••