Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,483)

Showing posts 409,641 - 409,660 of530,320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
I have no reason to believe you ...you post..
The objectionable filthily language that you have
communicated.... in your post ... that alone proves that you are not
capable of judging what a real Christian is...and that you have no
moral standard of Biblical holiness... or godly righteousness.
Jesus said
Mat_5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
~~~
You evidently feel that you are an expert in your --->Didymus,<--- doctrines...
double, that is, twin; Didymus, a Christian:- Didymus
and are attempting to get me to doubt my salvation.
Joh_11:16 Then said Thomas,-->which is called Didymus,<--- unto his fellow disciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
Thanks for responding GiF.

You brought in some good stuff for a change.

I could care less if you believe me or my posts. They are what they are.

"Filthy?" - Far from it. More accurately - direct conclusions of your belief.

"you are not capable of judging what a real Christian is"
- You are right, the title has never been described as complete and true. Shoot, not one ofyou can even describe what/who the "Church" is, without causing an argument amongst yourselves, thus causing furhter discourse and division amongst its "body".
- Get over it - I'm part of the "Church" and you can't do a darn thing about it. Well, except thinking you are the doorman for this ensemble, and FEEL you get to determine who is and who isn't. The ego protrayed by certain so-called "Christians" will be the cause of their demise. I am soooo looking forward to that new fall. It will end so much misery in the world.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
MY SUGGESTION TO YOU ABOUT THE
(so called) Gospel of Thomas)
LEAVE IT.
My suggestion to you stands - LEARN IT.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He (Christ) didn't say it was a memorial, though.
"And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire".

**Dan...we're all grown ups here so I'm sure in your lifetime you have looked at a woman in a lustful way. Did you do what Jesus instructed you to do? I'm mean that's what He said right....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Why you exist as visible with body and not- invisible
as spirit?

I think Jesus Christ know why is like that!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You (man) interpret the bible just like every other bible only believer (all 42,000 of you)------WHY!! because, "the bible CANNOT interpret itself!!--You read it and you give your "opinionated interpretation of what you "think it means". For 2000 years, Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church (clarified, authenticated and confirmed) the (original interpretation, handed down by Jesus Christ, to the Apostles,-from the letters, documents and manuscripts,(that they recorded), which were discerned by the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397AD- It was the Catholic Church who-gave to you(New Age) the Bible that "you yourself" interpret (or better yet mis-interpret to your own "demise and destruction"!! Why do you believe(modern mans) interpretation of the bible--beginning with you!!!
Wrong again hojo.

I've never interpretted the Bible. Where are you getting this from?

Oh yeah - must be from your frustration of me and my posts.

No worries - your dismay will only last until you let the astonishment set in.

Will you?

I wonder why it took 300 years for men to figure out what you are to believe and what you are to refuse to believe.

Damn those slow men. Doesn't sound like "God" or the HS had any say in this conclusion at all.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've proved you right.
Of course I did. Why haven't you accepted the proof?
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't explain it to you if you don't get it by now and all the others have been unsuccessful too.
Back-peddling much.

Maybe you can't explain it, because you never had the knowledge to do so at all. You may speak a good game to the other indoctrinated followers, but not with me, as I've called you out for the nonsense you think you know.

We'll just end this with - you are a fraud.

Please stop making up claims that you cannot support, except with distortions of the facts and blatant lies.

You've been busted.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to ask them if they want fries and if they'd like to supersize it.
:)
Supersize?
- you are way out of touch.
- Remember that adage - "smaller than a mustard seed"? Jesus gives an explanation that in itself is already "Supersized".
- One does not need to expand upon something that is already present within us.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(20)

(1) The disciples said to Jesus: "Tell us whom the kingdom of heaven is like!"
(2) He said to them: "It is like a mustard seed.
(3) <It> is the smallest of all seeds.
(4) But when it falls on cultivated soil, it produces a large branch
(and) becomes shelter for the birds of the sky."

The simplicity of Jesus is what has been missed by your team, causing the errors in your judgment of Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He is NOT reachable, Clay....
Sure I am - all you have to do is just post to me.

But, and in truth, you are actually implying that I am not spiritual or understand spiritual manners, you are completely wrong, and probably used this tactic of yours to roust up others, only showing your own ignorance to what I've spoken on.

I'm saddended to see this in today's religious community - but hey, someone has to point out the rough spots that are taboo in your religion.

Maybe one day it will open the eyes of its followers to what Jesus actually taught, and not some made up bullshite that religion decided to place its spin on.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He is NOT reachable, Saban....
Ah yes - I must've hit a nerve with you, if you have to keep repeating this.

Repeating it will not make it tru, likeyou have done with your belief.

Get over it - the dismay will go away, if you let it.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall any Pope declaring that they knew the nature of God.
It would indeed be arrogant to claim this, but I haven't seen any Pope offering a description of what they know God is like.
And yet you believe your church is a "true church" based upon the admission that they "know God" had only inspired the writers of the canon and no others.

This is why I've always stated, men created the Bible and men are the only ones who have described how "God" inspires.

Yes Dan - a short list of the less than six Apostles your heirarchy chose to believe is not exclusive.

Thanks for proving my points and that the RCC is not "anything true".
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's idiotic.
It sets Christ in position of being compelled to obey something, and the whole construct of it not actually being "wine" when it says it's "wine" is fallacious. It's spin to permit protestant tradition and unscriptural.
You reckon they just called the unfermented grapes GRAPE JUICE..........lmbo

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just His 'flesh' we are to partake in.
To eliminate this "absurd" thinking, simply tell us which part of John 6 we should tear out of our bibles.
Thanks
The key to understanding the literal sense of Scripture is to distinguish between the terms literal and literalistic.

Every text of Scripture has a literal sense. That is, every text of Scripture has a meaning the author intends to convey. It does not therefore follow that every text of Scripture is to be read literalistically, like a newspaper.

If I tell you, "My heart is broken" I have a definite meaning I'm trying to convey: I am deeply grieved. But I am not using literalistic language to convey that meaning. I don't mean "My cardiac tissue is torn."

Same with the biblical authors. They employ all sorts of linguistic tricks of the trade--poetry, history, parable, hymn, fiction, reportage, myth, argumentation, legal codes, apocalyptic--to get their various points across. But however they express themselves, they all have a meaning they intend us to get. That meaning is what is meant by the literal sense of Scripture.

Thing is....some people, as yourself, are not able to make those distinctions...

Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I did. Why haven't you accepted the proof?
<quoted text>
Back-peddling much.
Maybe you can't explain it, because you never had the knowledge to do so at all. You may speak a good game to the other indoctrinated followers, but not with me, as I've called you out for the nonsense you think you know.
We'll just end this with - you are a fraud.
Please stop making up claims that you cannot support, except with distortions of the facts and blatant lies.
You've been busted.
<quoted text>
Supersize?
- you are way out of touch.
- Remember that adage - "smaller than a mustard seed"? Jesus gives an explanation that in itself is already "Supersized".
- One does not need to expand upon something that is already present within us.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(20)
(1) The disciples said to Jesus: "Tell us whom the kingdom of heaven is like!"
(2) He said to them: "It is like a mustard seed.
(3) <It> is the smallest of all seeds.
(4) But when it falls on cultivated soil, it produces a large branch
(and) becomes shelter for the birds of the sky."
The simplicity of Jesus is what has been missed by your team, causing the errors in your judgment of Jesus.
You, over and over, place words in my mouth I've never said and have the lack of class to call me a fraud.

If "busted" is the term you give someone that's not willing to get in the mud hole with you, than i guess I'll be "busted" - You are King of your mind and mud hole, New Age Spiritual Leader!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He repeated the teaching several times and didn't clarify as to it being symbolic even when followers grumbled and departed.
This is where we Catholics get very confused. "Bible alone" protestants have built an entire theology out of one line in Timothy, yet they work very hard to deny Christ's very clear teaching in John about the Eucharist. It's perhaps Christ's most emphatic teaching, yet we are to believe that He was being allegorical or whatever, even when He recognized that His followers were having a hard time following His message and some were leaving?
That's a tough, tough sell, Saban.
He also said: Mt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Know anybody whom have lobbed off their right hand because it offended them????!!!!

Hello!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The key to understanding the literal sense of Scripture is to distinguish between the terms literal and literalistic.
Every text of Scripture has a literal sense. That is, every text of Scripture has a meaning the author intends to convey. It does not therefore follow that every text of Scripture is to be read literalistically, like a newspaper.
If I tell you, "My heart is broken" I have a definite meaning I'm trying to convey: I am deeply grieved. But I am not using literalistic language to convey that meaning. I don't mean "My cardiac tissue is torn."
Same with the biblical authors. They employ all sorts of linguistic tricks of the trade--poetry, history, parable, hymn, fiction, reportage, myth, argumentation, legal codes, apocalyptic--to get their various points across. But however they express themselves, they all have a meaning they intend us to get. That meaning is what is meant by the literal sense of Scripture.
Thing is....some people, as yourself, are not able to make those distinctions...
But, you ARE able to make these distinctions-even though your post is an uncredited paste of someone else's writing?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said: Mt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Know anybody whom have lobbed off their right hand because it offended them????!!!!
Hello!!!!!
You didn't answer my question.

On what basis do you declare John 6 to be metaphorical?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay -- outstanding post on many levels.
"I consider..." I believe..." Nice approach.
More...
"Powerful artwork..." and your your reference to Exodus are --- powerful and persuasive.
Is someone coaching you? This is really good stuff.
No matter, an enjoyable read. Thank you.
She did do a good job of stating her beliefs,and human r e a s o n i n g.

You see Free Mind when it comes to statues or images and trying to condone them for whatever reason under the sun,it just does not jive with the FIRST and SECOND commandment of God.It is a matter of obedience,not rationale.

The Catholics want to rationalize their use of statues,and they also rationalize their supposed lack of worship of the ((Mother of God)),whom they claim they do not worship,but in fact do.

Obedience is simple,DON'T do it!God did not say well in this case or that,or maybe a hundred years from now,or after paganism is neutralized,or replaced by sophisticated Catholicism."Don't do it!" "Do not make unto thee any image of a god,or something created to call it god." "Do not bow down to them or honor those images".

It was a matter of OBEDIENCE,never rationale or beauty,or artwork to please God."Thus saith the LORD." not "Lets analyze what He said."

We human beings have been given much freedom to do what we want,make what we want,build and create,GOD to the Jews first told them that He wants obedience rather than sacrifice,and we Christians are no different.When we decide that we want to gaze at a false image of God,or Jesus,Mary and the Saints to conjure up faith in ourselves,we are misinformed as to what God the Father said from day one as it were:"Thou shalt Not""Do not make" The Jews learned the hard way concerning disobedience,and we Christians are not far behind!
Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's symbolism Clay. He's the door too, but He's made of wood, we don't knock on Him and he doesn't have hinges. It's symbolism. Participating in the Lord's Supper on "the first day of the week" is a memorial, not the real body, not the real blood. The church is the body.
You may have not been aware of...
http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/scrip...
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
On what basis do you declare John 6 to be metaphorical?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
This renders the prior moot?

Makes it disappear?

Don't think so. This isn't Christ saying "forget all that stuff from a minute ago-I was speaking metaphorically".
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He repeated the teaching several times and didn't clarify as to it being symbolic even when followers grumbled and departed.
This is where we Catholics get very confused. "Bible alone" protestants have built an entire theology out of one line in Timothy, yet they work very hard to deny Christ's very clear teaching in John about the Eucharist. It's perhaps Christ's most emphatic teaching, yet we are to believe that He was being allegorical or whatever, even when He recognized that His followers were having a hard time following His message and some were leaving?
That's a tough, tough sell, Saban.
What He DID say was,'This do in REMEMBRANCE of me.' You don't do something in remembrance of someone who is still present with you.
You claim that Jesus is still present; (body and spirit) in the mass. In His completeness you claim that Christ is there.
Perhaps you will understand better with this illustration. Perhaps I were to tell you...'Clay, we are going to have a little get-together Friday in remebrance of you. Oh, by the way, you are invited to attend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 409,641 - 409,660 of530,320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

417 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 255,755
Dan Gilbert OUTCLASSED by Dwayne Wade 5 min Doctor REALITY 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Holy dr Shrink 598,801
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 93,246
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min River Tam 717,079
Best smooth chamber jazz in the world 16 min Doctor REALITY 7
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Strength and Honor 171,516
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min TheBlackSheep 223,279
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••