Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649879 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#425301 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
~~~
AS I SAID
I do not cannibalize the body of Jesus...
I take bread and fruit of the vine as Jesus served His Apostles in the upper Room.
Since they were not vampires...I am not either...I don't need blood
to drink from any one's body. to survive physically or Spiritually.
EVIDENTLY YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BELIEVE I HAVE TO, BE A CANNIBAL
AND A VAMPIRE TO BE A CHRISTIAN...EAT HAMAN FLESH AND DRINK HUMAN BLOOD..
___
IN DOING SO YOU TEACH THAT JESUS WAS ONLY HUMAN AND DENY THE FACT THAT HE WAS ALSO GOD IN THE SPIRIT...
YOU ONLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND WORSHIP GOD IN THE FLESH SO YOU MUST EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS BLOOD..
I WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH..
YOU STILL HOLD TO/ABIDE UNDER... THE LAW WHERE EVERY ACT UNDER THE LAW WAS PHYSICAL...
AND BELIEVE YOU MUST DRINK THE PHYSICAL BLOOD AND EAT THE PHYSICAL BODY OF JESUS CHRIST.
I LIVE UNDER/ABIDE IN GRACE ...WHERE ONE WORSHIPS GOD IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH.
YOU HOLD TO AN PHYSICAL EARTHLY KINGDOM IN ROME...
I ABIDE IN THE SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD, ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF BELIEVERS IN GOD THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
-
-
StarC wrote:
Our worship is ALL OVER THE WORLD [UNIVERSAL=CATHOLIC]
Regarding the Eucharist....
. Jesus said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life within you" (John 6:53).
Go to John 6:60....
{THIS IS YOU}
John 6:66
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
-
likewise - the CHILD ABUSE and RAPE is:*ALL OVER THE WORLD [UNIVERSAL=CATHOLIC]*, too.
-
In NO OTHER religious system has there been the proliferation and protection of pedophiles who would RAPE children.
-
I don't doubt that the church actually attracted more than its share of pedophiles because they KNEW they would be protected when exposed... and then moved to 'fresh' hunting grounds.
-
No other religious system has this same structure as the catholic church. No other religious system has had the sheer numbers of children molested and raped by their clergy - because nowhere else is there the same far-reaching *protective* organized structure.
-
universal indeed!

“Harmony”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#425302 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You know - I've never studied feng shui, but have looked at some things pertaining to it.
Instead, I studied martial arts - a modified style of Jeet Kun Do, but using this art as the main focus.
"The Way of the Defensive Hand" - Mohk Fang Li Do Gung Fu Wing Chun.
Has done wonders for me mentally and physically.
That is most awesome. We should continually work our bodies for health and peace as well as to defend it.
I'm not into the feng shui so much either. Some maybe, but I am not too familiar with it.

Great Grand Master Liu Seong (Siong) was Master of Taoist Royal art of Tai Chi-Gung Fu. At one time he was considered the deadliest man alive.

I am 2 generations removed from Master Seong (Willem Reeders).
As you said, it has done wonders.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425303 Mar 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki.... hee, hee, hee! No wonder you are so confused!
St. Peter (32-67)
St. Linus (67-76)
St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)
St. Alexander I (105-115)
St. Sixtus I (115-125) Also called Xystus I
St. Telesphorus (125-136)
St. Hyginus (136-140)
St. Pius I (140-155)
St. Anicetus (155-166)
St. Soter (166-175)
St. Eleutherius (175-189)
St. Victor I (189-199)
St. Zephyrinus (199-217)
St. Callistus I (217-22)
St. Urban I (222-30)
St. Pontain (230-35)
St. Anterus (235-36)
St. Fabian (236-50)
St. Cornelius (251-53)
St. Lucius I (253-54)
St. Stephen I (254-257)
St. Sixtus II (257-258)
St. Dionysius (260-268)
St. Felix I (269-274)
St. Eutychian (275-283)
St. Caius (283-296) Also called Gaius
St. Marcellinus (296-304)
St. Marcellus I (308-309)
St. Eusebius (309 or 310)
St. Miltiades (311-14)
St. Sylvester I (314-35)
St. Marcus (336)
St. Julius I (337-52)
Liberius (352-66)
St. Damasus I (366-83)
St. Siricius (384-99)
St. Anastasius I (399-401)
St. Innocent I (401-17)
St. Zosimus (417-18)
St. Boniface I (418-22)
St. Celestine I (422-32)
St. Sixtus III (432-40)
St. Leo I (the Great)(440-61)
St. Hilarius (461-68)
St. Simplicius (468-83)
Quick question, even though you also never respond with a direct answer, please explain to me:

a. If there were 13 Apostles, and Peter was the first to be chosen as Pope, and more than likely those other Apostles were alive (Acts state this to be), why weren't any of those individuals considered to be the successor of Peter? You would think that they all had the same teachings.

But instead, we have many non-Apostles taking that lead position.

One would think that even "John", "Matthew" or Mark - all original Apostles, and all with gospels - show that they were much more deserving than...

St. Linus (67-76)
St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)

Shoot - even Luke doesn't get a shot at this peek position.

As I've stated in the past - what you may think as "Apostolic Succession" (from one of the original 13 Apostles) is complete.

Far from it.

Enlighten me Star with your Catholic two-step, I mean wisdom.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425304 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Hojo stated that the canon was infallible, but as you and I both know, men wrote the Bible, which would make the canon fallible, as
<quoted text>
You are finally paying attention. Good for you.
Where did I ever say that the canon is in infallible! You, New Age (along with the other bible only Protestants on this forum) have become "experts" at distorting, manipulating and just plain lying" about what the Catholic Church believes and teaches. For you, the statemnent that "you said" I made is an outright lie!!! Yes--we as Catholics "pay attention" --especially when it comes to the "heresies and distortions that you "fundies" are so famous for!!

Albuquerque, NM

#425305 Mar 1, 2013
TaoEarp wrote:
<quoted text>
That is most awesome. We should continually work our bodies for health and peace as well as to defend it.
I'm not into the feng shui so much either. Some maybe, but I am not too familiar with it.
Great Grand Master Liu Seong (Siong) was Master of Taoist Royal art of Tai Chi-Gung Fu. At one time he was considered the deadliest man alive.
I am 2 generations removed from Master Seong (Willem Reeders).
As you said, it has done wonders.
Like you have said, the strengthening of body and mind should be considered as "one".

"One" - in that they both make actions together.

When an individual recognizes the aspects of Self, they have also achieved that same mentality.

Thought we may use our spiritual essence in most ways associated to a religion of sorts, it is missed by many that the spirituality we develop also is a strength for our bodies.

How else could Sherlock Holmes defend himself against multiple attacks, and still remain unscathed?*smiles*
- By visualizing ourselves in the more dominant manner and following through with the vision to a reality.

:o)

It sounds good, huh? That is because it is a good thought.

But it is still Self.

We will find salvation after death, as long as we understand that ouor lives here on this plane of existence is categorized through love and peace - all actions of Self and the mind.

Thanks for reading my posts!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425306 Mar 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
. Jesus said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life within you" (John 6:53).
{THIS IS YOU}
~~~

You wrote

Yep it is of the world..

to get to heave it must be of God..

You love your worldly religion and so does your worldly co harts

The Bible says

1Jn_2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425307 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Nah - posting opinions and statements by others, just goes to show me that you have a strict belief in men and their beliefs.
Which is ultimately Self.
Interpretation is perception and perception is Self.
In which all of the above are done by or have included the Self of those individuals....."Paul " is human, and only Jesus appeared to him, never "God". And the story of who "God" is, as explained by Jesus, is not what you say.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
You are still believing other men over Jesus - namely "Paul", because if you have noticed, not one of the statements that you posted above were said by Jesus.
But many by "Paul".
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
Oh yeah - the NT is the "New Covenant" - which supposedly overcame the OT "God". Or are you now objecting to this as well?
You are an idiot.

I don't understand what you have against Paul. Jesus chose Him to carry His Gospel to much of the world.

John 5:30 was stated by Jesus.

I got news for you - Jesus was human too.

God is the great I AM. Same in the OT and the NT.

“Harmony”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#425308 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Like you have said, the strengthening of body and mind should be considered as "one".
"One" - in that they both make actions together.
When an individual recognizes the aspects of Self, they have also achieved that same mentality.
Thought we may use our spiritual essence in most ways associated to a religion of sorts, it is missed by many that the spirituality we develop also is a strength for our bodies.
How else could Sherlock Holmes defend himself against multiple attacks, and still remain unscathed?*smiles*
- By visualizing ourselves in the more dominant manner and following through with the vision to a reality.
:o)
It sounds good, huh? That is because it is a good thought.
But it is still Self.
We will find salvation after death, as long as we understand that ouor lives here on this plane of existence is categorized through love and peace - all actions of Self and the mind.
Thanks for reading my posts!
Me likem Sherlock!:)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425309 Mar 1, 2013
Question: "What does the Bible say about the pope / papacy?"
Answer: The Roman Catholic Church’s teaching about the pope (“pope” means “father”) is built upon and involves the following Roman Catholic teachings:
1) Christ made Peter the leader of the apostles and of the church (Matthew 16:18-19). In giving Peter the “keys of the kingdom,” Christ not only made him leader, but also made him infallible when he acted or spoke as Christ’s representative on earth (speaking from the seat of authority, or “ex cathedra”). This ability to act on behalf of the church in an infallible way when speaking “ex cathedra” was passed on to Peter’s successors, thus giving the church an infallible guide on earth. The purpose of the papacy is to lead the church unerringly.
2) Peter later became the first bishop of Rome. As bishop of Rome, he exercised authority over all other bishops and church leaders. The teaching that the bishop of Rome is above all other bishops in authority is referred to as the “primacy” of the Roman bishop.
3) Peter passed on his apostolic authority to the next bishop of Rome, along with the other apostles who passed on their apostolic authority to the bishops that they ordained. These new bishops, in turn, passed on that apostolic authority to those bishops that they later ordained, and so on. This “passing on of apostolic authority” is referred to as “apostolic succession.”
4) Based upon the claim of an unbroken chain of Roman bishops, Roman Catholics teach that the Roman Catholic Church is the true church, and that all churches that do not accept the primacy of the pope have broken away from them, the original and one true church.
Having briefly reviewed some of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church concerning the papacy, the question is whether those teachings are in agreement with Scripture. The Roman Catholic Church sees the papacy and the infallible teaching authority of “Mother Church” as being necessary to guide the church, and uses that as logical reasoning for God’s provision of it. But in examining Scripture, we find the following:
1) While Peter was central in the early spread of the gospel (part of the meaning behind Matthew 16:18-19), the teaching of Scripture, taken in context, nowhere declares that he was in authority over the other apostles or over the church (see Acts 15:1-23; Galatians 2:1-14; 1 Peter 5:1-5). Nor is it ever taught that the bishop of Rome was to have primacy over the church. Rather, there is only one reference in Scripture of Peter writing from “Babylon,” a name sometimes applied to Rome, found in 1 Peter 5:13. Primarily from this, and the historical rise of the influence of the bishop of Rome (due to the support of Constantine and the Roman emperors who followed him), come the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching of the primacy of the bishop of Rome. However, Scripture shows that Peter’s authority was shared by the other apostles (Ephesians 2:19-20) and that the “loosing and binding” authority attributed to him was likewise shared by the local churches, not just their church leaders (see Matthew 18:15-19; 1 Corinthians 5:1-13; 2 Corinthians 13:10; Titus 2:15; 3:10-11).
continued
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425310 Mar 1, 2013
continued

2) Nowhere does Scripture state that in order to keep the church from error, the authority of the apostles was passed on to those they ordained (the idea behind apostolic succession). Apostolic succession is “read into” those verses that the Roman Catholic Church uses to support this doctrine (2 Timothy 2:2; 4:2-5; Titus 1:5; 2:1; 2:15; 1 Timothy 5:19-22). What Scripture DOES teach is that false teachings would arise even from among church leaders and that Christians were to compare the teachings of these later church leaders with Scripture, which alone is cited in the Bible as infallible. The Bible does not teach that the apostles were infallible, apart from what was written by them and incorporated into Scripture. Paul, in talking to the church leaders in the large city of Ephesus, makes note of coming false teachers. To fight against their error does NOT commend them to “the apostles and those who would carry on their authority,” but rather to “God and to the word of His grace”(Acts 20:28-32).

Again, the Bible teaches that it is Scripture that is to be used as measuring stick to determine truth from error. In Galatians 1:8-9, Paul states that it is not WHO teaches but WHAT is being taught that is to be used to determine truth from error. While the Roman Catholic Church continues to pronounce a curse to hell, or “anathema,” upon those who would reject the authority of the pope, Scripture reserves that curse for those who would teach a different gospel (Galatians 1:8-9).

3) While the Roman Catholic Church sees apostolic succession as logically necessary in order for God to unerringly guide the church, Scripture states that God has provided for His church through the following:

(a) Infallible Scripture,(Acts 20:32; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; Acts 17:10-12; Isaiah 8:20; 40:8; etc.) Note: Peter speaks of Paul’s writings in the same category as other Scripture (2 Peter 3:16),

(b) Christ’s unending high-priesthood in heaven (Hebrews 7:22-28),

(c) The provision of the Holy Spirit who guided the apostles into truth after Christ’s death (John 16:12-14), who gifts believers for the work of the ministry, including teaching (Romans 12:3-8; Ephesians 4:11-16), and who uses the written word as His chief tool (Hebrews 4:12; Ephesians 6:17).

While there have been good (humanly speaking) and moral men who have served as pope of the Roman Catholic Church, including Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI, the Roman Catholic Church teaching about the office of the pope should be rejected because it is not “in continuity” with the teachings of the original church related to us in the New Testament. This comparison of any church’s teaching is essential, lest we miss the New Testament’s teaching concerning the gospel, and not only miss eternal life in heaven ourselves, but unwittingly lead others down the wrong path (Galatians 1:8-9).
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425312 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
As usual, trying to twist your way out of the original question, by posing something already set-up in your mind.
This is an indication of someone being brainwashed.
Once again, for you, I had asked GiF, "Why do you fear a loving God?"
Nowhere in my question reflects justification or that information.
FYI - no human has the ability to know the mind of "God" - whether he is "just" or not.
If one thinks they can, then they are arrogant and their ego leans upon the minds of other men.
Are you going to support your opinion that "God is Just" and should be feared, with only "Paul".
Why don't you do me a favor and post something by Jesus that dictates this belief of yours.
I'm not sure why I keep asking you to post anything, up to this point all you have done is divert from answering - just like the Catholics and others.
*sighs*
<quoted text>
Ah yes that is the reason.....a reading comprehnsion problem.
I re-red your "previous post" and all you spoke on was "a Just God".....nothing relative to "why do you fear a loving God".
Yep - its your reading comprehension. This is remedial and can be fixed. All you have to do is stay focussed, and slowly read my posts, okay.
So why do you fear a loving "God"? GiF's posts imply that it has to do with Self. What about you?
Why can you not accept a simple answer? You asked why would anyone fear a "loving God"? You RESPONDED ALREADY to MY ANSWER! Did you not notice??!!

My answer is because He is also a Just God.

Knock, knock.... That is the reason and the answer why someone would fear a "loving God".

Knock, knock, knock, knock.....

You in there!???!!

Knock, knock.

I answered the question you asked and you've given a slimy response of twisty gobbly gook.

Want the answer again????

He's a Just God. We're sinners. He is Just. Justice will be done.

Get it yet?

Need me to answer it again for you?????

Knock, knock.

Anyone home?????

Is there anybody in there???

Knock, knock.... Ding dong. Ding dong. Ding dong.

I have your answer you didn't notice!!! How should I deliver it??

Is there anybody in there?

Albuquerque, NM

#425313 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot.
I don't understand what you have against Paul. Jesus chose Him to carry His Gospel to much of the world.
John 5:30 was stated by Jesus.
I got news for you - Jesus was human too.
God is the great I AM. Same in the OT and the NT.
No, Jesus did not choose "Paul" - Jesus was already dead when "Paul" came on the scene.

Based upon reading his letters - "Paul" chose himself to be an "Apostle of the Lord".

Go back to bible study, and this time don't fall asleep!!

Albuquerque, NM

#425314 Mar 1, 2013
TaoEarp wrote:
<quoted text>
Me likem Sherlock!:)
;o)

"a pinch of salt" *crushes a arm*

and then

"a dash of pepper" *slams head into wall*

;o)
Prophecy

Forrestfield, Australia

#425315 Mar 1, 2013
I think we need to look at the Jesuits!!!!
A person by the name of ((((((Adolfo Nicolas))))) seems to be a very interesting Character to say the least!!!!!!
One needs to view his background.
Prophecy

Forrestfield, Australia

#425316 Mar 1, 2013
Malachy’s Last Pope Identified - in Bible Prophecy

The prophesied last pope is here according to Saint Malachy’s vision of 112 popes: "Peter the Roman/Petrus Romanus." If Malachy is accurate, then Armageddon and the Tribulation he "pastures" during cannot be more than a single pope’s reign away or a few decades. But is Malachy’s last pope a reliable end time sign that faithful saints should get excited about? What does Bible prophecy say about the pope? Is he the Antichrist or the False Prophet? Learn the surprising details that both Catholic and Bible prophecy agree on about the last pope’s evil reign.

Saint Malachy's “Prophecy of the Popes”

You might think that a transition of popes would be of no interest to those watching for solid signs of the Apocalypse. Believers typically focus instead on approaching comets or asteroids (Rev 8:8), major earthquakes (Rev 6:12=Mt 24:7), pandemics (Mt 24:7), or wars and rumors of war involving Israel (Lk 21:20) and the like. But thanks to Saint Malachy's surprisingly accurate “prophecy of the popes” the prospect of a new pope to replace Pope Benedict XVI is big, exciting news for those hoping for Jesus to come in their lifetime. It may be extra-biblical prophecy (not even endorsed by the Catholic church). It may be realistically less than 100% accurate and questionable in its authenticity. Yet in the never-ending quest to know when the end of the age will come, many believers find it hard to resist considering it.

Saint Malachy was the Archbishop of Armagh who had a vision while visiting Rome in 1139. He wrote down a few lines in Latin for what he saw about each pope and then gave the document to Pope Innocent II. It remained unpublished in the Vatican archives until 1590 (leading some to suspect it to be a forgery written later by someone else).

Regardless of doubts over its true source, it has gained in fame over the years because of how well it can be matched up to past popes. Admittedly, the fact that the prophecy consists of 112 short and vague papal descriptions is a key to it having this favorable perception. It would not be a stretch to liken it to horoscopes (which similarly have their legions of fans despite a dubious reputation).

As an ex-Catholic with a focus on Bible prophecy, my interest is not to validate this Catholic prophecy, nor to debunk it. Even if a prophecy did not come from the Bible and is provably not 100% accurate, it may still come from spirits God created that know more than us and prove to be helpful as a compliment to Bible prophecy. We just need to discern it by Bible prophecy (Acts 17:11; Isa 8:20) and disregard it if it contradicts it.
Prophecy

Forrestfield, Australia

#425317 Mar 1, 2013
The 112th and Last Pope – Petrus Romanus / Peter the Roman

Another key point of interest for people who follow Bible prophecy is what Malachy says about the circumstances surrounding the last pope. Both Malachy and the Bible agree that he reigns during the Great Tribulation in which he plays a key role. Here's a translation of the lines for the last pope, pope number 112 - Peter the Roman:

In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].

Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished,

the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome]

will be destroyed, and the terrible judge will judge his people.

Even for people with only a cursory knowledge of end time Bible prophecy, the parallels between Malachy's final pope prophecy and Bible prophecy are obvious:
•Malachy:“many tribulations”= Mt 24:21:“For at that time there will be great tribulation...”= Daniel 12:1:“...There will be a time of distress such as never has occurred since nations came into being until that time. But at that time all your people who are found written in the book will escape.”
•Malachy:“extreme persecution”= Rev 12:13:“When the dragon saw that he had been thrown to earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.”
•Malachy:“the city of seven hills will be destroyed”= Rev 16:19-20:“...the cities of the nations fell.... Every island fled, and the mountains disappeared.”
•Malachy:“the terrible judge will judge his people”= Rev 19:11:“Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse. Its rider is called Faithful and True, and He judges and makes war in righteousness.”

By the way, don't be surprised that Malachy says the church will be persecuted. Just because both Catholic and Protestants believers are part of Jesus' church does not mean they will automatically escape the Great Tribulation for their belief. I expect that most of today's roughly two billion believers will not escape the Great Tribulation. This is because it will take faith to act on God's escape instructions in time before the Tribulation starts. Many believers will have doubts or be deceived and not act. This will leave them in a position of disobedience without God's protection to be tortured into taking the Mark of the Beast just like most non-believers will. Some non-believers will become believers along the way, and some believers will be offended when there is no pretrib rapture and betray other believers over to Beast and his mark (Mt 24:10).

What's more surprising about the Petrus Romanus prophecy is its perspective that the returning judge (Jesus) is “terrible” or “dreadful.” Jesus Christ is supposed to only be a terror to the wicked (Mt 24:30). He's coming with a reward for the righteous (Rev 22:12) who should love his appearing and judgment in their favor (2Ti 4:8). But this is typical of Catholic prophecies. You sometimes have to flip the good guys and bad guys to make sense of it.(This is perhaps appropriate given that the papacy and Catholic church are man-made religious institutions supported by mere tradition, not by Scripture or the teachings of Jesus in whose name they come (Mt 24:5).)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425318 Mar 1, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
likewise - the CHILD ABUSE and RAPE is:*ALL OVER THE WORLD [UNIVERSAL=CATHOLIC]*, too.
-
In NO OTHER religious system has there been the proliferation and protection of pedophiles who would RAPE children.
-
I don't doubt that the church actually attracted more than its share of pedophiles because they KNEW they would be protected when exposed... and then moved to 'fresh' hunting grounds.
-
No other religious system has this same structure as the catholic church. No other religious system has had the sheer numbers of children molested and raped by their clergy - because nowhere else is there the same far-reaching *protective* organized structure.
-
universal indeed!
~~~

The whole religious system is an earth bound..

Created by corruptible men..from it's inception

headed by corruptible men over the centuries

men that have corrupted the world

from the north to the south pole..

Men that have propagated

wars..murder, torture,sodomy and every sin imaginable

and attempted to do it in the Name of God.

Why any one in their right mind would trust

in the conjecture of such an organization

with such an evil track record just shows the weakness of

the carnal mind and its lust for a religious facade

hat comes with no accountability to God of Holiness Righteousness

the APOSTLE PAUL... wrote of such an organization in Romans

NAMING THEIR SINS..THAT THEY HAVE UNIVERSALLY SPREAD ACROSS THE EARTH

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,

God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all

unrighteousness,

fornication,

wickedness,

covetousness,

maliciousness;

full of envy,

murder,

debate,

deceit,

malignity;

whispers,

Rom 1:30

Backbiters,

haters of God,

despiteful,

proud,

boasters,

inventors of evil things,

disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31

Without understanding,

covenant breakers,

without natural affection,

implacable,

unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Location hidden

#425319 Mar 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Question: "What does the Bible say about the pope / papacy?"
Answer: The Roman Catholic Church’s teaching about the pope (“pope” means “father”) is built upon and involves the following Roman Catholic teachings:
1) Christ made Peter the leader of the apostles and of the church (Matthew 16:18-19). In giving Peter the “keys of the kingdom,” Christ not only made him leader, but also made him infallible when he acted or spoke as Christ’s representative on earth (speaking from the seat of authority, or “ex cathedra”). This ability to act on behalf of the church in an infallible way when speaking “ex cathedra” was passed on to Peter’s successors, thus giving the church an infallible guide on earth. The purpose of the papacy is to lead the church unerringly.
2) Peter later became the first bishop of Rome. As bishop of Rome, he exercised authority over all other bishops and church leaders. The teaching that the bishop of Rome is above all other bishops in authority is referred to as the “primacy” of the Roman bishop.
3) Peter passed on his apostolic authority to the next bishop of Rome, along with the other apostles who passed on their apostolic authority to the bishops that they ordained. These new bishops, in turn, passed on that apostolic authority to those bishops that they later ordained, and so on. This “passing on of apostolic authority” is referred to as “apostolic succession.”
4) Based upon the claim of an unbroken chain of Roman bishops, Roman Catholics teach that the Roman Catholic Church is the true church, and that all churches that do not accept the primacy of the pope have broken away from them, the original and one true church.
Having briefly reviewed some of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church concerning the papacy, the question is whether those teachings are in agreement with Scripture. The Roman Catholic Church sees the papacy and the infallible teaching authority of “Mother Church” as being necessary to guide the church, and uses that as logical reasoning for God’s provision of it. But in examining Scripture, we find the following:
1) While Peter was central in the early spread of the gospel (part of the meaning behind Matthew 16:18-19), the teaching of Scripture, taken in context, nowhere declares that he was in authority over the other apostles or over the church (see Acts 15:1-23; Galatians 2:1-14; 1 Peter 5:1-5). Nor is it ever taught that the bishop of Rome was to have primacy over the church. Rather, there is only one reference in Scripture of Peter writing from “Babylon,” a name sometimes applied to Rome, found in 1 Peter 5:13. Primarily from this, and the historical rise of the influence of the bishop of Rome (due to the support of Constantine and the Roman emperors who followed him), come the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching of the primacy of the bishop of Rome. However, Scripture shows that Peter’s authority was shared by the other apostles (Ephesians 2:19-20) and that the “loosing and binding” authority attributed to him was likewise shared by the local churches, not just their church leaders (see Matthew 18:15-19; 1 Corinthians 5:1-13; 2 Corinthians 13:10; Titus 2:15; 3:10-11).
continued
And....

The RCC had two first popes!!!!

According to Catholics, Peter was the first pope.

According to historians, Leo I (440-461) was the first pope... some 400 years after Christ, per misled Catholics, made Peter the first pope!!!!

LTM

Marathon, Canada

#425320 Mar 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
{THIS IS YOU}
To bad that worship wasn't directed toward Jesus, Instead of the catholic church, the pope ,Mary, and the saint.
You don't have enough confidence in Jesus , to direct your Prayers to the Father in Jesus name.
You feel He needs the help of Mary and the saints.
Religion you have; "Salvation in Jesus Hmm?????"
Prophecy

Forrestfield, Australia

#425321 Mar 1, 2013
Identifying the Pope in Bible Prophecy

If Catholic readers were somehow not offended by the previous paragraph, I suspect my next point on who the pope is in Bible prophecy will use up the rest of their good will (sorry, guys). Contrary to what Catholics might hope, the pope is not one of the Two Witnesses or Elijah, or even one of the good guys. And no, he's not the Antichrist either.(See, I'm not purposely anti-Catholic). Nevertheless, he's only about one step down from that according to Revelation.

Revelation 13 is a frightening chapter where the Antichrist / Beast (Rev 13:1-10) and another “beastly” Tribulation figure are described (Rev 13:11-18). This is the chapter where the dreaded mark of the beast that they force on people is introduced as well.

Rev 13:11 (KJV)- And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

This “beast from the earth” is the same person later referred to as the “False Prophet”(Rev 16:13). The Antichrist's partner-in-crime is linked to him up until their mutual end in the lake of fire (Rev 19:20; 20:10). Here is why I think the last pope will fulfill this the False Prophet prophecy:
•"Like A Lamb" — In the Bible, the Lamb represents Christ, the Lamb of God. The pope takes the title "Vicar of Christ" meaning he is presented as Christ on Earth, in his place. So he is literally the most famous man on earth to be "like a lamb," or like THE lamb.
•"Two Horns" — The pope's mitre literally has two horns. If you go to the Catholic Encyclopedia, they themselves call it a "two horned mitre!" Again, it's plain meaning is fulfilled in the pope. He is a like a lamb with two horns.
•"Spoke Like a Dragon" — Revelation 12:9 tells us that Satan is the Dragon and the "Serpent of old" of the Garden of Eden. Jesus called Satan the Father of lies (Jn 8:44). Therefore speaking like a dragon refers to the deceptive talk of Satan. But this "spoke like a dragon" is more than just telling any old mistruth. Remember how Satan spoke to Eve in the Garden? He did not tell her obviously crazy ideas like "drink human blood and worship me." Even Eve with her fledgling discernment would know to reject that. Instead he told her subtle, appealing lies which sounded reasonable and appealed to her desire to be good. This is how the pope operates.
Protestants already know that the pope's Catholicism is at odds with the teaching of the Bible. Yet, even in the midst of leading people astray from what the Bible teaches, he is widely respected as a man of God, and a great spiritual world leader. That's speaking like a dragon!(NOTE: In case Catholics reading this are wondering, I bear no malice towards Catholicism or the pope. In fact, I was a Catholic until I read the Bible through for myself-something I was never encouraged to do by Catholicism.)
Revelation 13:12-14—12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min VIKING 56,307
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Neville Thompson 281,475
Are you AFRAID to meet the Lord Jesus on Judgme... 48 min doG adeDmn Hlyo r... 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min brandy trujillo 972,404
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 54 min Neville Thompson 429
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,300
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Aussie Kev 106,056
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 7 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web