Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673422 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425286 Mar 1, 2013
266 227
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three months old.
I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well.
I'm fine.
Thanks.
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"..

So...at three months..you were mature enough to believe in His name!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425287 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you reject His teaching in Scripture about the Eucharist. Christ taught that it was His body and blood. I follow His words in John 6. You hew to the Geneva Bible commentary. Good luck with that.
All of Christendom believed in the Real Presence until the Reformation.
~~~

AS I SAID

I do not cannibalize the body of Jesus...

I take bread and fruit of the vine as Jesus served His Apostles in the upper Room.
Since they were not vampires...I am not either...I don't need blood
to drink from any one's body. to survive physically or Spiritually.

EVIDENTLY YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BELIEVE I HAVE TO, BE A CANNIBAL

AND A VAMPIRE TO BE A CHRISTIAN...EAT HAMAN FLESH AND DRINK HUMAN BLOOD..

___

IN DOING SO YOU TEACH THAT JESUS WAS ONLY HUMAN AND DENY THE FACT THAT HE WAS ALSO GOD IN THE SPIRIT...

YOU ONLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND WORSHIP GOD IN THE FLESH SO YOU MUST EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS BLOOD..

I WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH..

YOU STILL HOLD TO/ABIDE UNDER... THE LAW WHERE EVERY ACT UNDER THE LAW WAS PHYSICAL...

AND BELIEVE YOU MUST DRINK THE PHYSICAL BLOOD AND EAT THE PHYSICAL BODY OF JESUS CHRIST.

I LIVE UNDER/ABIDE IN GRACE ...WHERE ONE WORSHIPS GOD IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH.

YOU HOLD TO AN PHYSICAL EARTHLY KINGDOM IN ROME...

I ABIDE IN THE SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD, ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF BELIEVERS IN GOD THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#425288 Mar 1, 2013
guest wrote:
list of popes.
Notice the gaps in the so-called continuous succession of popes - those times when the cardinals couldn't decide who to pick ... though they were supposed to be, IDK, "enlightened" when choosing a new pope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes
Wiki.... hee, hee, hee! No wonder you are so confused!

St. Peter (32-67)
St. Linus (67-76)
St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)
St. Alexander I (105-115)
St. Sixtus I (115-125) Also called Xystus I
St. Telesphorus (125-136)
St. Hyginus (136-140)
St. Pius I (140-155)
St. Anicetus (155-166)
St. Soter (166-175)
St. Eleutherius (175-189)
St. Victor I (189-199)
St. Zephyrinus (199-217)
St. Callistus I (217-22)
St. Urban I (222-30)
St. Pontain (230-35)
St. Anterus (235-36)
St. Fabian (236-50)
St. Cornelius (251-53)
St. Lucius I (253-54)
St. Stephen I (254-257)
St. Sixtus II (257-258)
St. Dionysius (260-268)
St. Felix I (269-274)
St. Eutychian (275-283)
St. Caius (283-296) Also called Gaius
St. Marcellinus (296-304)
St. Marcellus I (308-309)
St. Eusebius (309 or 310)
St. Miltiades (311-14)
St. Sylvester I (314-35)
St. Marcus (336)
St. Julius I (337-52)
Liberius (352-66)
St. Damasus I (366-83)
St. Siricius (384-99)
St. Anastasius I (399-401)
St. Innocent I (401-17)
St. Zosimus (417-18)
St. Boniface I (418-22)
St. Celestine I (422-32)
St. Sixtus III (432-40)
St. Leo I (the Great)(440-61)
St. Hilarius (461-68)
St. Simplicius (468-83)

Location hidden

#425289 Mar 1, 2013
278 254 212 065 044
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite the source.
Last time I'm asking.
Like you indicate, bring the source forward as proof.
I showed you the source...a Catholic!!!!

Location hidden

#425290 Mar 1, 2013
279 260
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Noted that you're dodging here.
Thanks. I think I win this point.
No dodging...simply stating facts:

A. You are trying to add 2 and 2 and get 5 as a total...

B. you cannot show my words that say, as you said I said "John 6 is a metaphor..." because I never did say such.......

C. John 6 has 71 verses...I don't see any that say "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body."

Location hidden

#425291 Mar 1, 2013
280 261 226
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church WAS the Christian faith until the reformation.
I thought even protestants knew that.
Then your words are nothing but hot air: "Christian faith until the Reformation taught that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus"...

As I said...it was and still is the Catholic cult...

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#425292 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AS I SAID
I take bread and fruit of the vine as Jesus served His Apostles in the upper Room.
___
IN DOING SO YOU TEACH THAT JESUS WAS ONLY HUMAN AND DENY THE FACT THAT HE WAS ALSO GOD IN THE SPIRIT...
YOU ONLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND WORSHIP GOD IN THE FLESH SO YOU MUST EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS BLOOD..
YOU STILL HOLD TO/ABIDE UNDER... THE LAW WHERE EVERY ACT UNDER THE LAW WAS PHYSICAL...
AND BELIEVE YOU MUST DRINK THE PHYSICAL BLOOD AND EAT THE PHYSICAL BODY OF JESUS CHRIST.
I ABIDE IN THE SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD, ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF BELIEVERS IN GOD THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Our worship is ALL OVER THE WORLD [UNIVERSAL=CATHOLIC]

Regarding the Eucharist....
. Jesus said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life within you" (John 6:53).

Go to John 6:60....

{THIS IS YOU}
John 6:66

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

Location hidden

#425293 Mar 1, 2013
099 047

What about it Dan????

He also said: Mt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Know anybody whom have lobbed off their right hand because it offended them????!!!!
Hello!!!!!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#425294 Mar 1, 2013
Have a blessed weekend!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#425295 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church WAS the Christian faith until the reformation.
I thought even protestants knew that.
How can you say that when even your old fathers wrote about us, Not believing in the true presence.

No we still maintain our Way has and will be the only Christian way, Communion was done in remembrance of HIM.

Location hidden

#425296 Mar 1, 2013
266 227
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three months old.
I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well.
I'm fine.
Thanks.
And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

When you were 3 months old, you were mature enough to be obedient to Christ??? Do you remember how with fear and trembling you received him????!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#425297 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
AS I SAID
___
Amen
truth

Perth, Australia

#425298 Mar 1, 2013
only Sun moon and truth can't be hide..

spread good news its gospel..

You supporting who is crook and twisted.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425299 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, trying to twist your way out of the original question, by posing something already set-up in your mind.
This is an indication of someone being brainwashed.
Once again, for you, I had asked GiF, "Why do you fear a loving God?"
Nowhere in my question reflects justification or that information.
FYI - no human has the ability to know the mind of "God" - whether he is "just" or not.
If one thinks they can, then they are arrogant and their ego leans upon the minds of other men.
Are you going to support your opinion that "God is Just" and should be feared, with only "Paul".
Why don't you do me a favor and post something by Jesus that dictates this belief of yours.
I'm not sure why I keep asking you to post anything, up to this point all you have done is divert from answering - just like the Catholics and others.
*sighs*
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is in the post just before this one, O SMART 'Spiritual Leader'.
Jesus' words too since they are so much more important to you than that of the Holy Spirit through inspiration.
(what a joke...)
Ah yes that is the reason.....a reading comprehnsion problem.

I re-red your "previous post" and all you spoke on was "a Just God".....nothing relative to "why do you fear a loving God".

Yep - its your reading comprehension. This is remedial and can be fixed. All you have to do is stay focussed, and slowly read my posts, okay.

So why do you fear a loving "God"? GiF's posts imply that it has to do with Self. What about you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#425300 Mar 1, 2013
Paul admit he is been killer accuser and prosecutor of Christians.

Many will be put in prison with false accusers as well crook judges ..you serving devil followers of Satan wipers wicket this and that..Is your diploma one of them friends one of them.

United States

#425301 Mar 1, 2013
~~~
AS I SAID
___
-
-
StarC wrote:
Our worship is ALL OVER THE WORLD [UNIVERSAL=CATHOLIC]
Regarding the Eucharist....
. Jesus said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life within you" (John 6:53).
Go to John 6:60....
{THIS IS YOU}
John 6:66
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
-
likewise - the CHILD ABUSE and RAPE is:*ALL OVER THE WORLD [UNIVERSAL=CATHOLIC]*, too.
-
In NO OTHER religious system has there been the proliferation and protection of pedophiles who would RAPE children.
-
I don't doubt that the church actually attracted more than its share of pedophiles because they KNEW they would be protected when exposed... and then moved to 'fresh' hunting grounds.
-
No other religious system has this same structure as the catholic church. No other religious system has had the sheer numbers of children molested and raped by their clergy - because nowhere else is there the same far-reaching *protective* organized structure.
-
universal indeed!

“Harmony”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#425302 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You know - I've never studied feng shui, but have looked at some things pertaining to it.
Instead, I studied martial arts - a modified style of Jeet Kun Do, but using this art as the main focus.
"The Way of the Defensive Hand" - Mohk Fang Li Do Gung Fu Wing Chun.
Has done wonders for me mentally and physically.
That is most awesome. We should continually work our bodies for health and peace as well as to defend it.
I'm not into the feng shui so much either. Some maybe, but I am not too familiar with it.

Great Grand Master Liu Seong (Siong) was Master of Taoist Royal art of Tai Chi-Gung Fu. At one time he was considered the deadliest man alive.

I am 2 generations removed from Master Seong (Willem Reeders).
As you said, it has done wonders.

Albuquerque, NM

#425303 Mar 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki.... hee, hee, hee! No wonder you are so confused!
St. Peter (32-67)
St. Linus (67-76)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)
St. Alexander I (105-115)
St. Sixtus I (115-125) Also called Xystus I
St. Telesphorus (125-136)
St. Hyginus (136-140)
St. Pius I (140-155)
St. Anicetus (155-166)
St. Soter (166-175)
St. Eleutherius (175-189)
St. Victor I (189-199)
St. Zephyrinus (199-217)
St. Callistus I (217-22)
St. Urban I (222-30)
St. Pontain (230-35)
St. Anterus (235-36)
St. Fabian (236-50)
St. Cornelius (251-53)
St. Lucius I (253-54)
St. Stephen I (254-257)
St. Sixtus II (257-258)
St. Dionysius (260-268)
St. Felix I (269-274)
St. Eutychian (275-283)
St. Caius (283-296) Also called Gaius
St. Marcellinus (296-304)
St. Marcellus I (308-309)
St. Eusebius (309 or 310)
St. Miltiades (311-14)
St. Sylvester I (314-35)
St. Marcus (336)
St. Julius I (337-52)
Liberius (352-66)
St. Damasus I (366-83)
St. Siricius (384-99)
St. Anastasius I (399-401)
St. Innocent I (401-17)
St. Zosimus (417-18)
St. Boniface I (418-22)
St. Celestine I (422-32)
St. Sixtus III (432-40)
St. Leo I (the Great)(440-61)
St. Hilarius (461-68)
St. Simplicius (468-83)
Quick question, even though you also never respond with a direct answer, please explain to me:

a. If there were 13 Apostles, and Peter was the first to be chosen as Pope, and more than likely those other Apostles were alive (Acts state this to be), why weren't any of those individuals considered to be the successor of Peter? You would think that they all had the same teachings.

But instead, we have many non-Apostles taking that lead position.

One would think that even "John", "Matthew" or Mark - all original Apostles, and all with gospels - show that they were much more deserving than...

St. Linus (67-76)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)

Shoot - even Luke doesn't get a shot at this peek position.

As I've stated in the past - what you may think as "Apostolic Succession" (from one of the original 13 Apostles) is complete.

Far from it.

Enlighten me Star with your Catholic two-step, I mean wisdom.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425304 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Hojo stated that the canon was infallible, but as you and I both know, men wrote the Bible, which would make the canon fallible, as
<quoted text>
You are finally paying attention. Good for you.
Where did I ever say that the canon is in infallible! You, New Age (along with the other bible only Protestants on this forum) have become "experts" at distorting, manipulating and just plain lying" about what the Catholic Church believes and teaches. For you, the statemnent that "you said" I made is an outright lie!!! Yes--we as Catholics "pay attention" --especially when it comes to the "heresies and distortions that you "fundies" are so famous for!!

Albuquerque, NM

#425305 Mar 1, 2013
TaoEarp wrote:
<quoted text>
That is most awesome. We should continually work our bodies for health and peace as well as to defend it.
I'm not into the feng shui so much either. Some maybe, but I am not too familiar with it.
Great Grand Master Liu Seong (Siong) was Master of Taoist Royal art of Tai Chi-Gung Fu. At one time he was considered the deadliest man alive.
I am 2 generations removed from Master Seong (Willem Reeders).
As you said, it has done wonders.
Like you have said, the strengthening of body and mind should be considered as "one".

"One" - in that they both make actions together.

When an individual recognizes the aspects of Self, they have also achieved that same mentality.

Thought we may use our spiritual essence in most ways associated to a religion of sorts, it is missed by many that the spirituality we develop also is a strength for our bodies.

How else could Sherlock Holmes defend himself against multiple attacks, and still remain unscathed?*smiles*
- By visualizing ourselves in the more dominant manner and following through with the vision to a reality.

:o)

It sounds good, huh? That is because it is a good thought.

But it is still Self.

We will find salvation after death, as long as we understand that ouor lives here on this plane of existence is categorized through love and peace - all actions of Self and the mind.

Thanks for reading my posts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Chris Rathers 981,451
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Barking Hillary 104,837
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 3 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 3 hr What Was That 85
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 4 hr discocrisco 3
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 5 hr Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 5 hr slick willie expl... 3
More from around the web