Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646377 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Tucker, GA

#425221 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you fear a "loving God"?
By His nature He has to be Just.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425222 Mar 1, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Jesus' words....
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
Exactly--with over 42,000 disoriented (bible only)Protestant "editorialized" interpretation of the bible, many of which have bought into immoral and perverted "secular humanism" in supporting, promoting and the preaching of: abortion, homosexual lifestyle, euthenasia, women ministers, embroyonic stem cell research, gay ministers and on and on and on (whichever way the political wind happens to blow)----Yes---"and you shall know my disciples by their deeds"
chuck

Dublin, OH

#425223 Mar 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly--with over 42,000 disoriented (bible only)Protestant "editorialized" interpretation of the bible, many of which have bought into immoral and perverted "secular humanism" in supporting, promoting and the preaching of: abortion, homosexual lifestyle, euthenasia, women ministers, embroyonic stem cell research, gay ministers and on and on and on (whichever way the political wind happens to blow)----Yes---"and you shall know my disciples by their deeds"
of the 42,000 do you include:

-Catholics have had abortions
-Some catholic priests are homosexuals

and don't forget the cardinal in Britain who just resigned..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425224 Mar 1, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
For a few hundred years, many patristic writers were still debating the issue.
But today, you are 100% sure???????
Fine, prove it. DNA test the blood and/or flesh of Eucharist miracles.
The RCC has the means today, which did not exist when one piece of "miracle" tissue was famously tested in the early 1970's.
So prove it and save more than 5% of humanity. Because after 2000 years, 5% is a pretty low number for Jesus "only true church."
5% makes Jesus look like a wuss.
Stop making Jesus look like a wuss. Prove it.
It's an article of faith.

He is present under the species (appearance) of bread and wine.

You sound like a protestant with this DNA test stuff.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425225 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny that He was to be taken literally; that He is not telling us to partake of His body and blood.
You can pick any term for "not literally" than any of your uncited web sources use.
You take nothing else that Jesus
has said literally....why do you strangle at a gnat and swallow a camel.

Do you take John 33:3 literally?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see/to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot..

the kingdom of God.

Are you Born again of the Spirit?...have you experienced ....Regenerated?

If you are not you are carnally minded

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

~~~

Living by the five senses is not living by faith..

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith in God is -->

Rom 4:21 And --> being fully persuaded that, what he/GOD had/HAS promised, he was/IS able also to perform.


Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

~~~

Are you a Son of God

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

___

Do you experience the daily renewing of the Holy Ghost?

Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

___

Do you walk in the Spirit or in the flesh?

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Do you strive to please Man or God?

Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom_8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~
Do you exercise your own personal faith in God? or in an earthly institution...

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425226 Mar 1, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
For a few hundred years, many patristic writers were still debating the issue.
But today, you are 100% sure???????
Fine, prove it. DNA test the blood and/or flesh of Eucharist miracles.
The RCC has the means today, which did not exist when one piece of "miracle" tissue was famously tested in the early 1970's.
So prove it and save more than 5% of humanity. Because after 2000 years, 5% is a pretty low number for Jesus "only true church."
5% makes Jesus look like a wuss.
Stop making Jesus look like a wuss. Prove it.
Christian faith until the Reformation taught that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425227 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You take nothing else that Jesus
has said literally....why do you strangle at a gnat and swallow a camel.
Do you take John 33:3 literally?
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see/to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot..
the kingdom of God.
Are you Born again of the Spirit?...have you experienced ....Regenerated?
If you are not you are carnally minded
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
~~~
Living by the five senses is not living by faith..
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith in God is -->
Rom 4:21 And --> being fully persuaded that, what he/GOD had/HAS promised, he was/IS able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
~~~
Are you a Son of God
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
___
Do you experience the daily renewing of the Holy Ghost?
Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
___
Do you walk in the Spirit or in the flesh?
Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Do you strive to please Man or God?
Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom_8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
~~~
Do you exercise your own personal faith in God? or in an earthly institution...
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
I received Christ at Baptism. He said I would, and I did.

We're good here.

Now, why don't you accept Christ's teachings about the Eucharist?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#425228 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian faith until the Reformation taught that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus.
renowned Protestant historian of the early Church J. N. D. Kelly, writes: "Eucharistic teaching, it should be understood at the outset, was in general unquestioningly realist, i.e., the consecrated bread and wine were taken to be, and were treated and designated as, the Savior’s body and blood" (Early Christian Doctrines, 440).
From the Church’s early days, the Fathers referred to Christ’s presence in the Eucharist. Kelly writes: "Ignatius roundly declares that ...[t]he bread is the flesh of Jesus, the cup his blood. Clearly he intends this realism to be taken strictly, for he makes it the basis of his argument against the Docetists’ denial of the reality of Christ’s body.... Irenaeus teaches that the bread and wine are really the Lord’s body and blood. His witness is, indeed, all the more impressive because he produces it quite incidentally while refuting the Gnostic and Docetic rejection of the Lord’s real humanity" (ibid., 197–98).

"Hippolytus speaks of ‘the body and the blood’ through which the Church is saved, and Tertullian regularly describes the bread as ‘the Lord’s body.’ The converted pagan, he remarks,‘feeds on the richness of the Lord’s body, that is, on the Eucharist.’ The realism of his theology comes to light in the argument, based on the intimate relation of body and soul, that just as in baptism the body is washed with water so that the soul may be cleansed, so in the Eucharist ‘the flesh feeds upon Christ’s body and blood so that the soul may be filled with God.’ Clearly his assumption is that the Savior’s body and blood are as real as the baptismal water. Cyprian’s attitude is similar. Lapsed Christians who claim communion without doing penance, he declares,‘do violence to his body and blood, a sin more heinous against the Lord with their hands and mouths than when they denied him.’ Later he expatiates on the terrifying consequences of profaning the sacrament, and the stories he tells confirm that he took the Real Presence literally" (ibid., 211–12).

There was nothing more universal in the church than the Eucharist. The fulfillment of the prophesy of Malachi. Christians were called the flesh eaters.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-real-prese...
Larry

Pitt Meadows, Canada

#425229 Mar 1, 2013
Whoever believes in Jesus Christ and accepts Him as Lord and Saviour is a member of the Church!.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425230 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
You both live by the five senses...instead of by faith
and obviously have no understanding/comprehension what walking in the Spirit, or following His leadership is.
Wrong again. I live by six senses. Sorry to disappoint you yet again.

When are you going to fix me, so I believe?

Yes Gif - Self is the top level you will have to use.

Let's start now.
Please tell me how to gain faith. This should be easy for you, as you think you have "faith in Jesus", yet adamantly say that I don't.

Prove to me I'm wrong.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425231 Mar 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint YOU but I don't have any troubles in knowing, believing and worshiping in the APOSTOLIC TRUTH of my own personal faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church....... The only reason that you are on this forum is because,you, just like every other bible only Protestant, keep spinning your wheels) trying to convince "somebody--ANYBODY" (and even yourselves) of your half-truth (watered down) Christianity. The fact is ,New Age, that their is "very little--if ANYTHING from over 2000 years of Church History than can "reconcile the inconsistencies with what you believe in the bible, nor can you reconcile the "numerous" contradictions of interpretations of the other 42,000+ bible only opinions, that are in the same "merry-go-round" confusion and chaos that you are in!! You see, New Age, this is a question of authority. God gave us the Church, which represents both Sacred Scripture and Tradition, to maintain "unity" in Gods family and bring us to the TRUTH of Salvation in Jesus Christ. That is why the Catholic Church is one (for over 2000 years) and your bible only Christianity is a "splintering off of thousands of different denominations and personal (opinionated) beliefs. God, never has, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only confusion(cf. 1 Cor. 14:33)
blah-blah-blah.....and I thought we were making progress.

But I think I've figured you out.

You are a "Pauline follower". Gotcha!

While GiF is putting together the points of interest to make me have faith, I'm gonna give you the same shot, okay?

Tell me what I need to do in order to have "faith" in your religion again?

I'm serious. Between the two of you - from opposite ends of teh religious spectrum, you should be able to come up with something in common.

Oh wait - you do use the same Bible, but have different interpretations.

This tells me that one of you (or both) are lying about your belief.

Okay, which one is a false prophet and promoting heresy?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425232 Mar 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do YOU "reject" the SPOKEN, STATED, EXPLICIT AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in the Gospels) regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church in Matthew 16:13-21 --AND ---His own SPOKEN words (again) in John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE body and TRUE blood, in the Eucharist!!!
Wait, there are supposed to be qualifiers to believe in Jesus?
- "in the Gospels"

Shoot - no one told me this. Darn it.

Well I'm not one for qualifiers, especially ones made by fallible men.

IMO - you sure are confused.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425233 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, there are supposed to be qualifiers to believe in Jesus?
- "in the Gospels"
Shoot - no one told me this. Darn it.
Well I'm not one for qualifiers, especially ones made by fallible men.
IMO - you sure are confused.
NASL-

When is the "Self" not in the subset of "fallible men"?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425234 Mar 1, 2013
TaoEarp wrote:
<quoted text>
ABQ is a great city. Master Liu lived there for many years.
You know - I've never studied feng shui, but have looked at some things pertaining to it.

Instead, I studied martial arts - a modified style of Jeet Kun Do, but using this art as the main focus.

"The Way of the Defensive Hand" - Mohk Fang Li Do Gung Fu Wing Chun.

Has done wonders for me mentally and physically.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425235 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote you,'stop being so lazy', look up the definition of 'loaded question' yourself
I did, and keeps coming back to your post.

Hmmmm.....

Why don't you do us both a favor, and learn how to be honest.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425236 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find all of His teachings "ludicrous", or just the ones you don't agree with?
This is probably one of the few times, I'll have to say,'good job."

May I get a response from you, answering the same question?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425237 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
By His nature He has to be Just.
Oh - I see. You have first hand knowledge of "His nature".

Yet you don't post anything to show support that you actually have this knowledge of "His nature".

Why not?

A: because you lie and don't really know, but like to claim you do, to appease yourself and comfort yourself from the real truth....that you really don't know anythign about "God" and what "He" can or cannot do.

As I've told you in so many different ways - honesty is not your best characteristic by far.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425238 Mar 1, 2013
Larry wrote:
Whoever believes in Jesus Christ and accepts Him as Lord and Saviour is a member of the Church!.
How do you do that?

Matt. 7:21?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425239 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, and keeps coming back to your post.
Hmmmm.....
Why don't you do us both a favor, and learn how to be honest.
Honest? I'm not the one asking loaded questions over and over.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425240 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably one of the few times, I'll have to say,'good job."
May I get a response from you, answering the same question?
I'm unaware of any willful disagreement I might have with any of Christ's teachings. Honestly.

I have a feeling you're going to tell me momentarily which one(s) you believe I disagree with.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 min USA-1 38,745
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Insults Are Easier 48,226
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Brian_G 971,603
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Brian_G 445,695
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min MUQ2 44,642
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 37 min vishnu 2,038
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min MUQ2 281,229
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 105,563
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 618,559
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 182,627
More from around the web