Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654183 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425180 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point Sherlayne. Look at the thousands of people who ignored that and followed Harold Camping last year. Look at the SDA cult who's been predicting the 'end is near' since their inception a hundred fifty yrs ago!
God is not bound by time.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425181 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So some things you accept word for word and some things you don't?
That's unbecoming of a sola scripturist.
"call no man father". Yup, there it is right there.
"This is my body" nope, He meant something else.
"you must be born again" Yup, it says it right there.
"Peter you are the rock upon which I will build my Church". Nope, Jesus doesn't really mean that, He means this...
"Thou shall not make unto thee graven images" there it is, right there, God said don't do it.
"make one cherub on one end, And a second cherub on the other" well, God said to do it just this once.
Finally,
"whoever eats the bread and drinks the wine unworthily, is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of Jesus Christ"
Well, Paul didn't really mean Christs actual body. Jesus said the 'flesh profits nothing'. Paul must have forgot to read the gospel of John.
This is your faith, Guest. Its called designer Christianity.
Why feed upon the flesh???

The flesh counts for NOTHING.....

Why not feed upon the Word of God???
kolkog

Rochester, PA

#425182 Mar 1, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
The Pope left because he to old and hobbles around,,,dude at 65 they should retire and just do private practice
truth

Perth, Australia

#425183 Mar 1, 2013
neka ti budu mile moje suze i suze moga sina..
''tvoj bok bio je proboden''..
rane koje su sjedinjene..
rane koje su istovjetne i istinite..
Kada je tama padala na oci i mutila um ja sam osjecala svaku bol udeljena 15 km.. u ime svete Brigite 15 prayers of Cross..

O Universal pain is not be pain as greater pain then pain of your Head.

Who don't liked mother they don't liked Son.
Gospodine moj Gospojo moja!
We live as alive in sorrow and pain as alive witness!
truth

Perth, Australia

#425185 Mar 1, 2013
When i enter where body stay..its been as graveyard smell..how i can express my filling, trough me i fill with my soul with my spirit dusevno..if i not died that moment if i need died for my son i will died..more coming close i hear mum ..then i see hand which screach toward me but very weak..mama don't go..stay with me..then i don't hear nothing any more..from his side where ribs be taken blade drop in big botle..
15 km far away before finish 7 hour surgical time
i start fill on 6 hour..pain..yes its astart go trough me my head i fill my head i fill every pain i fill stronger pain that i never believe its going happened..its simple transmited..i start cry i start panic my Son daying..

divine which i never believe its exist..
O UNIVERSAL PAIN CROWN PAIN NO GREATER PAIN
truth

Perth, Australia

#425186 Mar 1, 2013
did i fill cross yes much more before..

i find myself on cross its been corect time 12 o'clock
O Universal pain not greater pain than fill that Cross..my body find there both hand both lag..head..no i been strong there not died..no..
what they pratice you know that very well..

how its look that pain horiblle..but its very nice expirence that..

o universal pain no greater pain..

i fill other time..rtoo this time crown all around head..its spiningggggggg
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
me
then i see book
then i see heart
then i see door open..darkness but i hear
voice
they calling this and that name by name father this father that priests..yes not mine nooooooooooo
no my language nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

then i hear pray 10 our fathers
but when i finish prayers i find myself in midlle night on my knee front off Cross..who
me
how become i allredy go long time ago sleep..see i hear prayers as voice
now

why you play with meeeeeeeeeee
i will pray for you
truth

Perth, Australia

#425187 Mar 1, 2013
12 3 6 9
i stop on 12 midnight
on CROSS
my hand my lag my body
whyyy meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
its mean 24 hours expire
you died
yes
preserve
rosary is very nice

whats your mother and father name..thousand small children voice smiling upon me
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#425188 Mar 1, 2013
its very nice when you died and live again
died for others without any thanks
did they know
someone need died on that Croos for corupt lips
truth

Perth, Australia

#425189 Mar 1, 2013
now you have 24 hour news
did you
thanks for nothing
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#425190 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
You know guest, I think you'll be in communion with the Catholic Church again. You want what we all want.
The Catholic Church has that in the Holy Eucharist. Right now, you're looking at the Church from the outside, and the stained glass windows are difficult to vision. But once you step inside and look out, the stained glass windows are bright and reveal a clear detail. I know, I was on the outside before. There are many stereotypes to get pass.
I want you to pray on it tonight.
This is the kind of post I was talking about when I thanked you -- sincerely.

A clever analogy - stain glass windows, stereotypes. That's good writing.

Maybe it's hard to do from a phone and this is your real method. Or someone is assisting you. No matter, good stuff and your own experience is a nice touch.

The last sentence was a little weak, but overall, clever writing.

Thanks.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#425191 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks!
i'm just having fun with my ROMAN catholic friends & ROMAN catholic influenced protestant friends, who don't know enough to totally renounce the satanic influences of ROMAN PAGANISM:)
Got it.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#425192 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it bad, inherently?
Jesus didn't attack them because they banked.
They have resources-they run things and it takes money to do it. Again, how should they handle their money?
What's this about Ireland? Didn't follow you.
Google something like "Ireland and relations with Vatican" -- if your mental filter will allow. I truly am amazed that you weren't aware.

"Irish Vatican closure saddens dwindling faithful"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/06/us-...

Sample:

"In the week that Ireland announced it was closing its embassy to the Vatican, the pews at Dublin's main Roman Catholic church are less than a third full for Sunday morning mass. There is no one under 30 in the congregation."

You can't say Ireland is or was anti-catholic. There's a real problem.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#425193 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it bad, inherently?
Jesus didn't attack them because they banked.
They have resources-they run things and it takes money to do it. Again, how should they handle their money?
What's this about Ireland? Didn't follow you.
As for a church bank....

They were the bankers of the day and your so-called "reasoning" is simply pulling ideas out of your butt.

Start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleansing_of_the...

"In this Gospel episode Jesus and his disciples travel to Jerusalem for Passover, where he expels the money changers from the Temple, accusing them of turning the Temple into a den of thieves through their commercial activities."

Back to the Vatican bank....

Google "Vatican bank and money laundering for the mafia."

Or "Vatican bank scandals."

Thankfully for those in denial, The Vatican pulled out their diplomatic immunity card to keep EU and USA banking investigators at bay, or we would know a lot more.

This was never the purpose of diplomatic immunity. If ordinary Catholics don't confront this kind of thing, the decline of the RCC will surely continue.

(See Ireland.)
Saban fan

Tucker, GA

#425194 Mar 1, 2013
The head of the Church will never step down or pass away.
John Brown

Union City, OK

#425195 Mar 1, 2013
Yahweh is coming with a wrath like never seen before.he will destroy this country make Sodom and Gomorrah look like a cake walk.because you broke the law.turned his feast days into pagan holidays changed his sabbath and his name.the united states is the new babylon and the world will morn for her because they all drank of the wine of her fornication this united stated is the sinning est country in the world but through religion will destroy many.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425196 Mar 1, 2013
which law
no any y exist
in bigining no speech no letters
where is y

izmisljotina
iz misli zmija i zmaja
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#425197 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
You know guest, I think you'll be in communion with the Catholic Church again. You want what we all want.
The Catholic Church has that in the Holy Eucharist. Right now, you're looking at the Church from the outside, and the stained glass windows are difficult to vision. But once you step inside and look out, the stained glass windows are bright and reveal a clear detail. I know, I was on the outside before. There are many stereotypes to get pass.
I want you to pray on it tonight.
I am glad to say that salvation is more then stain glass windows and gold trim, its not about a man dress in a robe standing at the front and handing out wafers.
Its about a man who hung on a cross for the sins of this world, and shed His blood.
You can eat all the wafers you want and look out of all the stain glass windows you want.
Be sprinkled or submerged in water, but without being reborn in the Spirit of God you are not saved.
This is the power of God, there is not power in stain glass windows , in a wafer, or in the water baptism ,
All power has been given to Jesus, The Christ.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425198 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YEP... HAVE NO FEAR NEW AGE IS HERE...
TYPICAL OF THIS EVENT OF THE LAST DAYS BEFORE THE COMING OF CHRIST
Really? He's coming?

I can't wait!!

If you see him before I do - please let him know to come to ABQ.

You are clueless.

Albuquerque, NM

#425199 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Psa_34:11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
Psa_111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Pro_1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Pro_1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro_2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Pro_8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Pro_9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Pro_10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
Pro_14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
Pro_14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Pro_15:16 Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
Pro_15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honor is humility.
Why do you fear a "loving God"?

Albuquerque, NM

#425200 Mar 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you "claim to understand them" then your thought process is "interpreting and discerning the meaning" of what you read! Just stop and think New Age---"if that is possible"!!!
You are projecting again.

Considering you really don't have any idea about me, just goes to show that your ego and arrogance has overcome your love of others.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Insults Are Easier 64,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 973,857
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 7 min Nathan 50
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min X Pendable 183,185
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min courteous europhobe 281,898
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 36 min Peter Ross 829
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Peter Ross 445,469
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 106,551
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 21 hr andy 43
More from around the web