Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703884 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#425167 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
-
Well, you should first tell Jesus to tell his followers , "Call no man your Son." ...~then~ I will tell it to Paul, Peter and John.
-
there. that reply ain't so dumb, is it?
-
-
Clay wrote:
Sounds good.
Also you should remind Jesus that Abraham was a man, and He shouldn't referred to him as 'father'.
:-)
-
I don't think Jesus needs to be told that Abraham was a man.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425168 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Exactly.

You know guest, I think you'll be in communion with the Catholic Church again. You want what we all want.
The Catholic Church has that in the Holy Eucharist. Right now, you're looking at the Church from the outside, and the stained glass windows are difficult to vision. But once you step inside and look out, the stained glass windows are bright and reveal a clear detail. I know, I was on the outside before. There are many stereotypes to get pass.
I want you to pray on it tonight.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425169 Feb 28, 2013
Where are you Dan?????? Are you hiding because you are embarrassed because you can't face the fact that you, again, put your foot in your mouth???????

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
On what basis do you declare John 6 to be metaphorical?
----------

Have I declared Chapter 6 of John to be metaphorical?????

----------

Location hidden

#425170 Feb 28, 2013
What about it Dan????

He also said: Mt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Know anybody whom have lobbed off their right hand because it offended them????!!!!
Hello!!!!!

Are you embarrassed, again???? You can't seem to keep your feet out of your mouth!!!???
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425171 Feb 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Where are you Dan?????? Are you hiding because you are embarrassed because you can't face the fact that you, again, put your foot in your mouth???????
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
On what basis do you declare John 6 to be metaphorical?
----------
Have I declared Chapter 6 of John to be metaphorical?????
----------
He's probably sleeping.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425172 Feb 28, 2013
Its late ox

Location hidden

#425173 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably sleeping.
I asked Dan where he is.....not what he is doing???!!!!

Location hidden

#425174 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
Its late ox
Considering that I normally get up around 2pm.....12:40 am, to me is not late....

United States

#425175 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
Clay wrote:
Exactly.
You know guest, I think you'll be in communion with the Catholic Church again. You want what we all want.
The Catholic Church has that in the Holy Eucharist. Right now, you're looking at the Church from the outside, and the stained glass windows are difficult to vision. But once you step inside and look out, the stained glass windows are bright and reveal a clear detail. I know, I was on the outside before. There are many stereotypes to get pass.
I want you to pray on it tonight.
-
Exactly? exactly what? you missed my point altogether. Jesus knows Abraham was a man. He also knows Abraham was never called "father" as a religious title but rather as patriarch of the Jewish people.
-
I don't want to be in communion with the Catholic Church since she can offer me nothing.
-
I would die before I call a priest Father ... standing there, always, always wondering if he had raped a child. but then if I were dead .. I couldn't very well call him father, now, could I? "For ONE is MY Father and he is in heaven." I call God my Father and I pray through his son, Jesus Christ, as Jesus himself instructed. See. I don't need the catholic church telling me I need to pray through saints and Mary ...
-
I'm not interested in looking through stained glass windows, either. What for? what could I possibly learn looking through stained glass windows? The Bible is all the "stained glass" light I need.
-
I pray every day, but will never pray for the Catholic church. I will pray for the followers, though, to obey Christ and "come out of her my people that you may not share in her sins."

United States

#425176 Feb 28, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#425177 Feb 28, 2013
i left tears
not hello..
maybe someone do that..not me..

hello=kako si
you have nice roses
see
tears t ear $
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425178 Mar 1, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
But what happened to what Jesus said that not even the angels in heaven know the date and that we should not waste our time trying to figure out when the end will come? Why do people ignore that?
Because they are ignorant of the Word of God.....

The important thing is "we need to be prepared."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425179 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read those verses for the very first time today, you'd conclude the following:
- Jesus is starting a Church that is so protected, that even Satan will not prevail against it.
- Jesus is giving Peter a special authority.... A very very special authority. He's giving Peter the keys to dictate things that Heaven itself will acknowledge and consider valid. Wow.
Now, what happens if Peter uses this authority to ordain Clement of Rome as his successor? And gives HIM the keys???
Did Peter cross the line, and now Jesus will take back that authority He previously gave him?
Confrint says yes, there were no successors to Peter. Peter did not have the authority to elect anyone Bishops.
Again, Confrint, take it up with God on judgement day.
Body of believers is built upon Peter's confession......Jesus was the Son of the Living God.

2 Corinthians 11:5

5 I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.

And, there are NO successors to Peter......

2 Corinthians 12:11

11 I have made a fool of myself, but you drove me to it. I ought to have been commended by you,~~~~~for I am not in the least inferior to the “super-apostles,”*even though I am nothing.~~~~~*

Peter refused homage......in which the Popes has never refused....

Acts 10:26

26 But Peter made him get up.“Stand up,” he said,“I am only a man myself.”
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425180 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point Sherlayne. Look at the thousands of people who ignored that and followed Harold Camping last year. Look at the SDA cult who's been predicting the 'end is near' since their inception a hundred fifty yrs ago!
God is not bound by time.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425181 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So some things you accept word for word and some things you don't?
That's unbecoming of a sola scripturist.
"call no man father". Yup, there it is right there.
"This is my body" nope, He meant something else.
"you must be born again" Yup, it says it right there.
"Peter you are the rock upon which I will build my Church". Nope, Jesus doesn't really mean that, He means this...
"Thou shall not make unto thee graven images" there it is, right there, God said don't do it.
"make one cherub on one end, And a second cherub on the other" well, God said to do it just this once.
Finally,
"whoever eats the bread and drinks the wine unworthily, is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of Jesus Christ"
Well, Paul didn't really mean Christs actual body. Jesus said the 'flesh profits nothing'. Paul must have forgot to read the gospel of John.
This is your faith, Guest. Its called designer Christianity.
Why feed upon the flesh???

The flesh counts for NOTHING.....

Why not feed upon the Word of God???
kolkog

Rochester, PA

#425182 Mar 1, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
The Pope left because he to old and hobbles around,,,dude at 65 they should retire and just do private practice
truth

Perth, Australia

#425183 Mar 1, 2013
neka ti budu mile moje suze i suze moga sina..
''tvoj bok bio je proboden''..
rane koje su sjedinjene..
rane koje su istovjetne i istinite..
Kada je tama padala na oci i mutila um ja sam osjecala svaku bol udeljena 15 km.. u ime svete Brigite 15 prayers of Cross..

O Universal pain is not be pain as greater pain then pain of your Head.

Who don't liked mother they don't liked Son.
Gospodine moj Gospojo moja!
We live as alive in sorrow and pain as alive witness!
truth

Perth, Australia

#425185 Mar 1, 2013
When i enter where body stay..its been as graveyard smell..how i can express my filling, trough me i fill with my soul with my spirit dusevno..if i not died that moment if i need died for my son i will died..more coming close i hear mum ..then i see hand which screach toward me but very weak..mama don't go..stay with me..then i don't hear nothing any more..from his side where ribs be taken blade drop in big botle..
15 km far away before finish 7 hour surgical time
i start fill on 6 hour..pain..yes its astart go trough me my head i fill my head i fill every pain i fill stronger pain that i never believe its going happened..its simple transmited..i start cry i start panic my Son daying..

divine which i never believe its exist..
O UNIVERSAL PAIN CROWN PAIN NO GREATER PAIN
truth

Perth, Australia

#425186 Mar 1, 2013
did i fill cross yes much more before..

i find myself on cross its been corect time 12 o'clock
O Universal pain not greater pain than fill that Cross..my body find there both hand both lag..head..no i been strong there not died..no..
what they pratice you know that very well..

how its look that pain horiblle..but its very nice expirence that..

o universal pain no greater pain..

i fill other time..rtoo this time crown all around head..its spiningggggggg
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
me
then i see book
then i see heart
then i see door open..darkness but i hear
voice
they calling this and that name by name father this father that priests..yes not mine nooooooooooo
no my language nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

then i hear pray 10 our fathers
but when i finish prayers i find myself in midlle night on my knee front off Cross..who
me
how become i allredy go long time ago sleep..see i hear prayers as voice
now

why you play with meeeeeeeeeee
i will pray for you
truth

Perth, Australia

#425187 Mar 1, 2013
12 3 6 9
i stop on 12 midnight
on CROSS
my hand my lag my body
whyyy meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
its mean 24 hours expire
you died
yes
preserve
rosary is very nice

whats your mother and father name..thousand small children voice smiling upon me
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Dee Dee Dee 88,717
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Big Al 996,590
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 4 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 4 hr Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 4 hr Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 4 hr Jimbo 2
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 4 hr Kimbo 10