Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
409,401 - 409,420 of 532,678 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you coming up with this new version of me?
Please provide a citation, or stop misleading others and making up things about me. You so-called "Christians", when called out directly, I think the only way you guys can handle it, is divert it abck to the non-Christian partisan who pointed out the error in your ways.
"Then it seems to me you're guilty of ignoring what Jesus Christ said by way of Peter."
- Wrong - I ignore that "Paul" and Peter for that matter, is more enlightened than Jesus. I accept all of what Jesus taught as critical for learning, not just what you do.
Fail #1
"You're saying the Apostles had no authority to make Paul a brother and Peters opinion of Paul's Epistles does not matter to you."
- No I am not. Please post these exact words, as stated by me.
- You won't because you can't, because you made it up.
- I have stated that you regard "Paul's Epistles" over what Jesus said. I don't.
Fail #2
"even thou Peter clearly was given the authority by Jesus Christ Himself to make those declarations about Paul."
- "Get behind me Satan" is what Jesus said. If you think this is giving him "the keys" - you are wrong. The "keys" is the understanding and knowing of your Self, in order to "enter the kingdom of God."
Fail #3
Are you going to answer my question(s), or just continue to divert from them.
"Honesty is the best policy." - Aesop
You do not consider the Apostle Pauls writings to be valid. Right?
You consider the memories of Matthew and Mark to be more accurate scripturally then anything Paul had to say. Right?

Why do you think the Apostles were wrong to include Paul as a brother?

If I'm way off in presuming what you think, then correct me and I won't do it again.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I can't provide it - because you never stated your answer.
Stop trying to play me. If you are so sure you answered, then go back and review your posts and post it.
All you have ever shown in your posts is your dishonesty and diversion from answering.
Want to know why?
Because it proves your religion is false and bullshite.
Something that requires honesty to admit. In which you haven't.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
<quoted text>
"strange and ignorant question"?
- I think not. with you not answering the question(s), just goes to show your lack of honesty in your belief. You trully would rather believe other men thant to state an opinion that goes against your religion.
No strawman at all. FACT! Live with it coward.
<quoted text>
Like I've stated - you haven't, didn't, and refuse to. How can I post something you are afraid to post?
Your refusal to do so in "so many ways", is the only strawman action being taken.
<quoted text>
Okay, I will.
"Why do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?"
I'll add a couple of more to help you realize the truths you refuse to acknowledge.
- Why do you think a 3rd generation disciple over many of the original 13 Apostles?
- Why do you only believe in less than 6 of the original 13 Apostles?
Thanks for reading my posts!
You forgot to ask if I still beat my wife.

So, let me get this straight - you say I'm dishonest in my belief because by believing the Bible is inspired I'm refusing to admit something you've attributed to me that I have never believed to be true in the first place.

And, supposedly, the fact that I am refusing to admit believing something I don't believe in the first place happens to be the only reason you cannot provide the evidence that the statement you attributed to me is true.

Respectfully, which planet are you from? If earth, what are you smoking?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
From a Catholic who isn't afraid of his church's history and reality......
"The Vatican wasn't founded by Jesus, and the modern papacy is only a construct that came into being after the French Revolution."
"Popes weren't always elected by Cardinals. Lay people were involved. A lay person can technically become Pope."
Something few Catholics consider...
"There is a democratic tradition in the early church that has long been side-lined, and so much of the so-called tradition around the papacy as we know it is only a few hundred years old."
what's a "lay people"??? there's not even a hint of the concept in the entire new testament!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you possibly demand that every little 'i' and 't' about Catholicism be highlighted in the Bible, when Catholicism itself produced the Christian Bible 400 yrs after Christ? Bishops of the Catholic Church with the Pope (Damaseus) signed off on the New Testament Canon, and you demand that the word 'Pope' should be in the Bible. Seems very odd.
I read somewhere that the writings of the Apostolic fathers - particularly Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch - almost made it into the New Testament. But it was decided by the CC to include only the writings from the Apostles themselves and not their students.
Funny, but none of you guys would have ever come into existence had this been done.
Martin Luther fought to eliminate the Books of Revelation and James from the Bible. Can you imagine all of the cults that would have never come to be, had Revelation not been available to them?
Horse puckette!!!!

The Catholic denomination was founded by the Emperor!!!! Some 300 years after Christ ascended into Heaven!!!! It is founded on paganism.....not Christianity...

Roman Catholicism
Founder: Emperor Constantine

The Roman Catholic church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican. The Roman Catholic church unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine but he still worshipped the sun god. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reins of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome. However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood Pontifex Maximus a title which the popes would inherit. The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church Summus Pontifex (Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops).
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's a "lay people"??? there's not even a hint of the concept in the entire new testament!
Interesting question. My initial thought is the "knowing" we read about and also "yada" which is an intimate knowing in the Hebrew.

Perhaps its a child the Priest knows.
:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Ok was I supose top have learned something new on top of what I already posted and believe ?
Or where you just amending to what I already posted ?
~~~

Just giving more strength from the word, in agreement to what you had written...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
___

LAY, n.[L. locus. See Lay, the verb. The words which signify place, are from verbs which express setting or laying. It is written also ley, and lea, but less properly.]

Pertaining to the laity or people, as distinct from the clergy; not clerical; as a lay person; a lay preacher; a lay brother.

Layman
LAY' MAN, n. la'man.[lay and man.]

1. A man who is not a clergyman; one of the laity or people, distinct from the clergy.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I can't provide it - because you never stated your answer.
Stop trying to play me. If you are so sure you answered, then go back and review your posts and post it.
All you have ever shown in your posts is your dishonesty and diversion from answering.
Want to know why?
Because it proves your religion is false and bullshite.
Something that requires honesty to admit. In which you haven't.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
<quoted text>
"strange and ignorant question"?
- I think not. with you not answering the question(s), just goes to show your lack of honesty in your belief. You trully would rather believe other men thant to state an opinion that goes against your religion.
No strawman at all. FACT! Live with it coward.
<quoted text>
Like I've stated - you haven't, didn't, and refuse to. How can I post something you are afraid to post?
Your refusal to do so in "so many ways", is the only strawman action being taken.
<quoted text>
Okay, I will.
"Why do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?"
I'll add a couple of more to help you realize the truths you refuse to acknowledge.
- Why do you think a 3rd generation disciple over many of the original 13 Apostles?
- Why do you only believe in less than 6 of the original 13 Apostles?
Thanks for reading my posts!
I'll try another way:

Since you refuse to acknowledge my answer, that I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God that has been preserved for us through the Holy Spirit and therefore there are no contradictions, I will try to explain, once again, the absurdity of your loaded questions.

You are asking questions from a false or questionable presupposition that is loaded with that presumption. The innuendo you've presented in your question begins the discussion with a false premise which I've already tried to tell you is untrue and unsound.

You are slipping claims into your rhetoric without the burden of proving them. The ball is in your court to take responsibility for the unproven assertions and to prove why the books you're referring to are in fact, inspired writings.

If you refuse my answer that the Bible is a collection of inspired writings, none of which contradict the other, and none of which are more enlightened than the other, then you leave me no choice but to answer indirectly, without bifurcation, or implying a falsehood or a statement that I deny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you possibly demand that every little 'i' and 't' about Catholicism be highlighted in the Bible, when Catholicism itself produced the Christian Bible 400 yrs after Christ? Bishops of the Catholic Church with the Pope (Damaseus) signed off on the New Testament Canon, and you demand that the word 'Pope' should be in the Bible. Seems very odd.
I read somewhere that the writings of the Apostolic fathers - particularly Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch - almost made it into the New Testament. But it was decided by the CC to include only the writings from the Apostles themselves and not their students.
Funny, but none of you guys would have ever come into existence had this been done.
Martin Luther fought to eliminate the Books of Revelation and James from the Bible. Can you imagine all of the cults that would have never come to be, had Revelation not been available to them?
Poppycock!!!!

The Papacy and Priesthood

In the Bible there are no popes or priests to rule over the church. Jesus Christ is our High Priest (Heb. 3:1; 4:14-15; 5:5; 8:1; 9:11), and all true Christians make up a spiritual priesthood (I Pet. 2:5).

Jesus Christ has sanctified all Christians who believe on Him (Heb. 10:10-11), so all priests today are unnecessary and unscriptural. Furthermore, the practice of calling a priest "father" is forbidden by Jesus Christ in Matthew 23:9. There is only ONE mediator between God and men (I Tim. 2:5).

The Catholic church teaches that Peter was the first Pope and the earthly head of the church, but the Bible never says this once. In fact, it was Peter himself who spoke against "being lords over God's heritage" in I Peter 5:3. Popes do not marry, although Peter did (Mat. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5). The Bible never speaks of Peter being in Rome, and it was Paul, not Peter, who wrote the epistle to the Romans. In the New Testament, Paul wrote 100 chapters with 2,325 verses, while Peter wrote only 8 chapters with 166 verses. In Peter's first epistle he stated that he was simply "an apostle of Jesus Christ," not a Pope (I Pet. 1:1). The Roman papacy and priesthood is just a huge fraud to keep members in bondage to a corrupt pagan church.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider the memories of Matthew and Mark to be more accurate scripturally then anything Paul had to say. Right?
If I'm way off in presuming what you think, then correct me and I won't do it again.
~~~

Let me ask you a question...

___

DO YOU CONSIDER THE BIBLE TO BE VALID?

IF YOU DO ...WHY DO YOU TEACH CONJECTURE DOCTRINES AND FABLES THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN BY THE BIBLE....AND IS CONDEMNED BY THE WORD OF GOD...

WHY DO YOU INCLUDE IDOLS IN YOUR WORSHIP?

WHEN GOD'S WORD FORBIDS IT...IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...

WHY DO YOU IGNORE GOD'S WORD AND DO YOU ON THING?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
A tennis pro? Wow. That's a sport that requires being in shape. Lol
I went to Saint Agnes a few times. That Parish is excellent. They do a Saturday morning traditional Latin Mass that I have gone to. I'll have to let you know the day before I'm going to Sat morning daily Mass at the Cathedral. Right now, this weekend looks iffy.
Thanks Clay!--I'll just wait for your "call" on which Saturday morning will work the best as to when you will to be there!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh, and now we will have to decide what to call this retiring pope. As usual we will make it up as we go since we have no biblical authority for the office in the first place.
Try "Cardinal Ratzinger" since that is what his new title will be!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Poppycock!!!!
The Papacy and Priesthood
In the Bible there are no popes or priests to rule over the church. Jesus Christ is our High Priest (Heb. 3:1; 4:14-15; 5:5; 8:1; 9:11), and all true Christians make up a spiritual priesthood (I Pet. 2:5).
Jesus Christ has sanctified all Christians who believe on Him (Heb. 10:10-11), so all priests today are unnecessary and unscriptural. Furthermore, the practice of calling a priest "father" is forbidden by Jesus Christ in Matthew 23:9. There is only ONE mediator between God and men (I Tim. 2:5).
The Catholic church teaches that Peter was the first Pope and the earthly head of the church, but the Bible never says this once. In fact, it was Peter himself who spoke against "being lords over God's heritage" in I Peter 5:3. Popes do not marry, although Peter did (Mat. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5). The Bible never speaks of Peter being in Rome, and it was Paul, not Peter, who wrote the epistle to the Romans. In the New Testament, Paul wrote 100 chapters with 2,325 verses, while Peter wrote only 8 chapters with 166 verses. In Peter's first epistle he stated that he was simply "an apostle of Jesus Christ," not a Pope (I Pet. 1:1). The Roman papacy and priesthood is just a huge fraud to keep members in bondage to a corrupt pagan church.
AMEN, Oxbow!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, New Age Spiritual Leader, your attitude and remarks remind me of someone I used to know that had short-man's disease and smoked dope.
You don't get out much, huh?

Are you still judging me?

Shame on you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer your questions after you answer mine.

Looks like we will be here a loooooong time, huh?

I'm not going anywhere.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to ask if I still beat my wife.
No I didn't, as I am hoping that you have never did, so why bother with the bullshit.

Did you want to beat your wife? If so, please seek the right counselling.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this straight - you say I'm dishonest in my belief because by believing the Bible is inspired I'm refusing to admit something you've attributed to me that I have never believed to be true in the first place.
Yes, because you accept what men have dictated for what you are to believe. Why? Do you trust them over your Self and "God"? Why?

Pls note - you only believe what you do, because it is only what certain men wanted you to believe.

Your spin and double-talk will work with the Catholics, but not this guy.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And, supposedly, the fact that I am refusing to admit believing something I don't believe in the first place happens to be the only reason you cannot provide the evidence that the statement you attributed to me is true.
Imagine that - you get to make the choice on what to believe, but yet you stick with what men have told you to believe.

Why? What are you afraid of if you choose otherwise?
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Respectfully, which planet are you from? If earth, what are you smoking?
I've chosen not to answer your questions, until you've answered mine - you know, those ones you said you have, but haven't.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a quote from Garry O'Sullivan -- Managing Director of 'The Irish Catholic.'(I gave the link a couple of times in adjacent posts.)

That's how those crazy Irish and Brits write. Somebody needs to teach them proper English.

As for no hint in the Bible, I believe the writer was simply referring to historical fact, as recorded by some of the earliest patristic writers - or Ante-Nicene Fathers.

By the time the Bible was cobbled together a few hundred years later, the RCC had become clergycentric. It bore little resemblance to the earliest church -- before Constantine and Romafication.

(More new words. It's your day!)

Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, New Age Spiritual Leader, your attitude and remarks remind me of someone I used to know that had short-man's disease and smoked dope.
You hang with short dopers?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i see your still playing pope,"we as catholics?" you speak for every catholic on here?.
I speak for all Catholics because each one of the other Catholics on this forum "also" speak for me. This as well as (every other) Catholic around the world, continue to be united in their faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church.
We do not belong to 42,000+ contradicting "self-opinionated bible only (divided Christian groups) that are ALL in conflict with each other! In addition---Jesus Christ is NOT, NOR EVER WILL BE, the author of your Protestant (editorializing of the interpretation of Sacred Scripture

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try another way:
Why? Your misleading tactic still won't work.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you refuse to acknowledge my answer, that I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God that has been preserved for us through the Holy Spirit and therefore there are no contradictions, I will try to explain, once again, the absurdity of your loaded questions.
Your opinion of the Bible is not about the question I asked.

I asked you about how you find "Paul" more enlightened than Jesus, because you and all of Christianity, place more enlightenment on his texts, over direct sayings by Jesus.

Stop trying to play it any other way. These are the facts you refuse to acknowledge, which in turn, place the importance of the decision to use those letters by "Paul" over Jesus.

Nothing loaded about it, but it does hit right to the bone of HONESTY. Something that so-called "Christians" and their religion refuse to acknowledge as accurate.....

All because they believe in the men who CHOSE what they are to believe.

THIS IS FACT. Face it or continue to lie about it. You get to choose....SELF!

No religion required.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking questions from a false or questionable presupposition that is loaded with that presumption. The innuendo you've presented in your question begins the discussion with a false premise which I've already tried to tell you is untrue and unsound.
Innuendo?

I don't think so.

Tell me what I've posted is "loaded with presumption".

While you are at it, please post the comparison to those texts that you think are not "loaded with presumption".
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are slipping claims into your rhetoric without the burden of proving them. The ball is in your court to take responsibility for the unproven assertions and to prove why the books you're referring to are in fact, inspired writings.
Oh I've proven them - ten-fold.

You ilk seems to still be blind to the readily statements I've made.

Or you just plainly refuse to "look at links" just because they don't fit into your little arena.

"All scriptures are inspired by God" - 2 Timothy 3:16
- even your "Paul" agrees.
- nowhere does he specify specific books - only men have done this. You know, the men you follow and believe they told you the truth. They forgot parts.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you refuse my answer that the Bible is a collection of inspired writings, none of which contradict the other, and none of which are more enlightened than the other, then you leave me no choice but to answer indirectly, without bifurcation, or implying a falsehood or a statement that I deny.
*watches Seban spin around blindly in confusion*

You'll get dizzy speaking like this. Maybe you should try something simple. Let's see if you can say these....

"Men wrote the Bible."
"God inspires everyone."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

589 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min An NFL Fan 115,040
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Charlie Sheen 256,470
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Naveen kumar 4,670
girls have you ever caught your brother naked o... (Nov '12) 22 min The Pedo 8
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Patrick 224,135
The fear of dying a virgin 28 min The Pedo 9
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min WildWeirdWillie 172,350
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min dirty white boy- 720,421
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••