Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#425022 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
Man, 4th largest church in US: Eaglebrook mega church is opening another building in MN. This ones a 25 million arena near my house. It will have a huge screen; reclining theater seats and coffee cup holders. For some reason, they used to be "Eaglebrook Baptist Church". They dropped the 'Baptist' from their name to appear more hip I suppose..
This same church has one in Lino Lakes, MN. I attended it one day and saw people dressed like they were at the beach having a picnic; folks were eating Danish Pastries and sipping cappuccinos while the kids ran around- all while the word of God was being read from the stage.
This is the kinda respect shown to the Holy Scriptures.
When the Holy Bible was done being read, people woke up,(because a live band hit the stage and everyone stood up and jammed). I guess they went home feeling all nice. Why not? They are guaranteed Heaven according to that dude on the stage!
Twincities.com
Scroll down to main stories and click on the article.
How does the Catholic Church compete with that kinda Christianity? Lol.
what is the purpose of building something like this? there are millions of homeless starving people around the world,the money could of been used to help these people,educate them,teach them how to take care of their land,grow food,give them the supplies needed to build a warm weather proof structure to live in,if god exists i think that is what he would like to see done in his name,not some fancy decked out to the limits church/arena,that is a waiste of time and money.religious groups seem to think that a fancy building is more important than helping people to survive and live a some what decent life.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#425023 Feb 28, 2013
Larry wrote:
The Pope sits in the Chair of Saint Peter plus has millions of prayers going out for him.The Roman Catholic Church is the most senior Church in Christianity.As for myself im a Lutheran and i do like many of the recent Popes statements concerning morals.
the pope does not sit in the chair of st. peter,peter has no connection with the pagan/christian church,only the church thinks that,the reality of it is there is no proof whatsoever out there that states that peter was a pope,he couldn't be he was a married man with children,and that is against the rules of the man made church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425024 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Men men men men men menly men men men.lol
The "2 1/2 men" theme song. I hate that show.
Question: if you look at writings, by men, and determine YOURSELF what they mean. Wouldn't you be listening to men? Are you not a man?
He is NOT reachable, Clay....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425025 Feb 28, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've proved you right. I can't explain it to you if you don't get it by now and all the others have been unsuccessful too.
Don't forget to ask them if they want fries and if they'd like to supersize it.
:)
He is NOT reachable, Saban....
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425026 Feb 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the pope does not sit in the chair of st. peter,peter has no connection with the pagan/christian church,only the church thinks that,the reality of it is there is no proof whatsoever out there that states that peter was a pope,he couldn't be he was a married man with children,and that is against the rules of the man made church.
I believe 39 out of 266 Popes were married.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#425027 Feb 28, 2013
A roman cardinal called the pope a holy father. There is only one who is holy and who I call father, that is God in heaven. The pope is neither holy nor a spiritual father. Cannot people see that the Catholic church is a false religion and the #1 deceiver of humanity.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425029 Feb 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>what is the purpose of building something like this? there are millions of homeless starving people around the world,the money could of been used to help these people,educate them,teach them how to take care of their land,grow food,give them the supplies needed to build a warm weather proof structure to live in,if god exists i think that is what he would like to see done in his name,not some fancy decked out to the limits church/arena,that is a waiste of time and money.religious groups seem to think that a fancy building is more important than helping people to survive and live a some what decent life.
Well I agree with what you're saying Jethro. The Cathedral of Saint Paul just spent hundreds of thousand dollars on a new pipe organ. On one hand I'm uncomfortable with that.
However, I need to understand what the Church is and what takes place inside their buildings during Mass. Then it makes a little more sense.
The Church believes that during the Liturgy of the Eucharist at the Holy Mass, the bread and wine are transformed into the very presence of Jesus Christ. Heaven meets Earth on the alter and we experience the great gift of the Eucharist. This is our faith.
When I realize this, the expensive organ and beautiful music along with the enormous Dome (signifying the covenant) over looking the alter where Christ is made present......it seems a little more appropriate to welcome Our Lord this way.

But this mega church the evangelical Baptist are building in MN is for their own pleasure. All the amenities are geared towards the young and hip and for the comfort of the audience.
Its for entertainment disguised as worship towards Christ.
Its not too tough to convince a teenage Catholic kid to come over to their side. No more kneeling. No more standing (unless you feel like you wanna boogie). No more boring liturgy. No more dressing up. No more confession. And the best part, there are girls you age who's parents let them wear push-up bras to Sunday celebration. Lol.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#425030 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe 39 out of 266 Popes were married.
In a world completely different than today.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425031 Feb 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you 7th for that information.
It's idiotic.

It sets Christ in position of being compelled to obey something, and the whole construct of it not actually being "wine" when it says it's "wine" is fallacious. It's spin to permit protestant tradition and unscriptural.
Sickd

Saint Albans, Australia

#425032 Feb 28, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
A roman cardinal called the pope a holy father. There is only one who is holy and who I call father, that is God in heaven. The pope is neither holy nor a spiritual father. Cannot people see that the Catholic church is a false religion and the #1 deceiver of humanity.
You say what I am thinking. Thank you!

It is the height of human arrogance for the Pope, or anyone else for that matter, to try and tell us they know what God is like!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425033 Feb 28, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
A roman cardinal called the pope a holy father. There is only one who is holy and who I call father, that is God in heaven. The pope is neither holy nor a spiritual father. Cannot people see that the Catholic church is a false religion and the #1 deceiver of humanity.
Peter 1:16 'for it is written, you shall be holy, for I am holy"
The title for the Pope is recognizing the chair of Saint Peter and the current sitting head of Christs Church on Earth, until Our Lord returns..
It is not an indication of the human Pope Benedict being holy - as in without sin. Rather, its recognizing the Holy chair that Christ started, when He gave Peter the keys and commanded him to feed His sheep.
The 'Holy Father' is appropriate because its Jesus Christ's Church, not ours. The head of it on Earth is unique for that simple fact, its Our Lords Church.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#425034 Feb 28, 2013
Pope John Paul II called Catholic Mary “Mother of the Eucharist.”

See real live Eucharists in action:

http://ivarfjeld.com/2011/10/12/eucharistic-m...

I hope this once great church can find its footing soon.

But it won't happen when Mary is absurdly referred to as "the mother of the Eucharist."

Forget the old magic tricks and get back to teaching virtue and leading by example.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#425035 Feb 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter 1:16 'for it is written, you shall be holy, for I am holy"
The title for the Pope is recognizing the chair of Saint Peter and the current sitting head of Christs Church on Earth, until Our Lord returns..
It is not an indication of the human Pope Benedict being holy - as in without sin. Rather, its recognizing the Holy chair that Christ started, when He gave Peter the keys and commanded him to feed His sheep.
The 'Holy Father' is appropriate because its Jesus Christ's Church, not ours. The head of it on Earth is unique for that simple fact, its Our Lords Church.
Clay, good posts lately.

But why would the Lord's Church require statehood, a bank, and diplomatic immunity?

Major changes are needed IMHO.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425036 Feb 28, 2013
We as human say Gospidine and Gospoja.
Its mean remind us Gospel=Gospodine..spread good news where our Salvation stay.
Forgive me if I am wrong!
Who is against Mother there are against Son.
Please except we call who teach us teachers, our
oldest, Father as male, Mother as female.
Each of them have place between us human as leaders where we respectfully calling by title or much more if deserved in our society.

If I say necu=no, please tell me what you will do.
We usually say if we have reason in our life.
Its not mean negative everything but time to time our conciseness react like that.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425037 Feb 28, 2013
Why we human have that..yes my lovely friend who usually try be Superior over us.
If I could explain.
Its as force great energy forward keep us in our necessity to have what we need.

I give answer before,forgive me please if I am wrong!

Human body within our mind have ''desire'' to have.

Trough our minds as well dreams we going forward.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425038 Feb 28, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, good posts lately.
But why would the Lord's Church require statehood, a bank, and diplomatic immunity?
Major changes are needed IMHO.
The Church did not impose statehood upon itself, did not invoke diplomatic immunity upon itself and what would you suggest it do with money it has? Place it under a mattress, or...?

Is statehood, diplomatic immunity and banking somehow intrinsically bad now, or what?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425039 Feb 28, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, good posts lately.
But why would the Lord's Church require statehood, a bank, and diplomatic immunity?
Major changes are needed IMHO.
I don't think you're sincere in your thanks, but I'll take it anyway.

My opinion on why the Lord would require statehood, a bank, and diplomatic immunity for His Church:
First of all, if the CC is His Church (and I believe it is) then its deserving of more than the 3 things you stated.

Statehood: throughout their 2,000 yr history, the Church has been attempted to be infiltrated by every tyrant this world has produced. No one - not even the Roman Empire could accomplish this feat.

Bank: every country, kingdom, church, military, school and athletic organizations have their own system of banking. The CC is no different. They own more real estate than anyone just based on the square lots their buildings sit on. If its Christ's Church, then Wells Fargo has no business owning a piece of the land or the buildings that sit on it.

Diplomatic immunity: Why would you take issue with this?
I'm not sure if all countries give diplomatic immunity to Vatican officials, but if they give it to Barak Obama and his cabinet, then the least they could do is give it to the head of Jesus Christs Church on Earth and its Bishops.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425040 Feb 28, 2013
Sickd wrote:
<quoted text>
You say what I am thinking. Thank you!
It is the height of human arrogance for the Pope, or anyone else for that matter, to try and tell us they know what God is like!
I don't recall any Pope declaring that they knew the nature of God.

It would indeed be arrogant to claim this, but I haven't seen any Pope offering a description of what they know God is like.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425041 Feb 28, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Pope John Paul II called Catholic Mary “Mother of the Eucharist.”
See real live Eucharists in action:
http://ivarfjeld.com/2011/10/12/eucharistic-m...
I hope this once great church can find its footing soon.
But it won't happen when Mary is absurdly referred to as "the mother of the Eucharist."
Forget the old magic tricks and get back to teaching virtue and leading by example.
The bread used at mass is just bread, until the prayers of the Priest - which repeat the words of Jesus Christ - "THIS IS my body....do THIS in memory of me" are performed, then it becomes the Eucharist, which according to Jesus Christ, is Him.
Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ. Therefore, its appropriate that Mary would also be the Mother of The Eucharist (Jesus Christ).

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425042 Feb 28, 2013
041
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The bread used at mass is just bread, until the prayers of the Priest - which repeat the words of Jesus Christ - "THIS IS my body....do THIS in memory of me" are performed, then it becomes the Eucharist, which according to Jesus Christ, is Him.
Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ. Therefore, its appropriate that Mary would also be the Mother of The Eucharist (Jesus Christ).
cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.

It it is absurd to think that Christ taught us to be cannibals!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Brian_G 286,095
American women are f..ked, they priced themselv... (Sep '10) 22 min Jim 12
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 59 min Neville Thompson 1,103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 979,465
MIELE SERVIS Merter (2I2) 2O2 62 35 ) 2O2 62 33... 1 hr birimariza 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Brian_G 619,222
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,742
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web