Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,465)

Showing posts 409,281 - 409,300 of511,528
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Flash....

Jesus appoints an ex-NAZI to be His earthly vicar....

... the same man who helped engineer a decades-long, worldwide cover-up of child-sex abuse.

This is after Jesus uses Saint Bonito Mussolini to give His "one true" church statehood, along with the power of diplomatic immunity....

... so His "one true" church could use that power to avoid accountability and justice in the sexual abuse of hundreds of orphans and deaf children.

And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Yes, some people are taught since early childhood that this is how the greatest power in the universe "saves souls."

Question -- what are the odds of believing such nonsense unless one is taught this stuff sense childhood?

Answer -- slim to none. Stats tell us you have to be born into this cult. Otherwise, there is only about a 5% chance of being saved this way.

What a freaky Jesus-god they create.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, THE bIBLE INSTRUCTS US TO GIVE A REASON FOR OUR HOPE.
so when a simple question is asked of you, YOU should be able to answer.
so what he is saying to you is that he isnt debating a link that cant answer which means that NEITHER can YOU
I think I've been able to provide a reason for my hope and joy.

And, what I am saying to him is that he doesn't want the answer he's asking for or he'd read the article. Your right that he can't debate the link.

MY answer is not holes opening up in my stomach while water that dried the bed, rushed out from those openings - like yours is. No scarring either, right?
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider any people that are poor and living in an area with a terrible human rights record. What if they found a Bible or access to a Bible and they studied it intently and wanted to do God's will? What is it in the inspired scriptures that would give these people the idea that they had to have the RCC?
Nothing.

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds"

That should be enough to guide them away.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
A bizarre statement considering half the Christians on the planet are Catholics.
Narrow is the way and few there be that find it.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Hey just letting you all know there is a person on Prove there's a god, saying the Church of Christ is the only way you can get to heaven. The true way.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Justice the new wine Jesus made at the wedding was unfermented,
Just as it was at the Passover Supper.
Out of simple curiosity, can you cite where it says that it isn't wine, rather grape juice?

Wine is fermented, and it alone is mentioned on both occasions you refer to here.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of simple curiosity, can you cite where it says that it isn't wine, rather grape juice?
Wine is fermented, and it alone is mentioned on both occasions you refer to here.
Its one of the protestant church TRADITIONS. They change the wine into grape juice because they play fast and loose with the word of God ;)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Zechariah 12:10

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Zechariah 13:1

13 “On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem,~~~~~to cleanse them from sin and impurity.~~~~~

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
~~~~~Let the water and the blood,~~~~~
[From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;]
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee

Both prophecies were fulfilled in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost when 3,000 Jews MOURNED in REPENTANCE.....

CLEANSED and FORGIVEN in baptism...

In the fountain filled with blood, drawn from Immanuel's veins.

That fountain was the blood which flowed from His side, pierced with a spear.

Now....

die to sins....

How do we accomplish this???
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Its one of the protestant church TRADITIONS. They change the wine into grape juice because they play fast and loose with the word of God ;)
........under the guise of being "bible alone".

If they were actually "bible alone", they'd believe in the Real Presence. They aren't and don't, so essentially, they're "in communion" with grape juice at their services.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I beleive in a know so Salvation. and I said that a peson that is Saved will go to heaven.
nothing in those words indicate a belief in a doctrine of OSAS as you have tried to say that I have posted the likes of that doctrine in the past.
SO I WILL REINTRATE MY WORDS AGAIN TO HELP YOUR FEEBLE AND CARNAL MIND.
IF I STAY SAVED WHEN I DIE, I WILL ENTER INTO HEAVEN, HOWEVER IF MY LIFE IS SIMILIAR TO WHAT YOU LEAD WITH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH, CHANCES ARE POOR AND SLIM AND SLIM JUST LEFT TOWN.
~~~

Like you ...I do not believe in OSAS...defined as UNCONDITIONAL eternal security...

I believe in CONDITIONAL eternal security....

The covenant... is between God and me...there is no doubt. but what God will keep his part ....

But if I don't keep my part of the covenant then the contract would be. broken.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

ONLY BORN AGAIN SON'S (Those that are BORN OF THE SPIRIT)...ARE HEIRS TO THE KINGDOM.

Heb_12:8 But if ye be without ==>chastisement,<===

(==>CHASTISEMENT, DEFINED)<===

G3809
&#960;&#945;&#953; &#948;&#949;&#953; &#769;&#945;
paideia
pahee-di'-ah
From G3811; tutorage, that is, education or training; by implication disciplinary correction:- chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.

whereof all are partakers, then are ye

---> bastards, <---

(BASTARDS DEFINED)

G3541
&#957;&#959;&#769; &#952;&#959;&#962;
nothos
noth'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a spurious or illegitimate son:- bastard.

and not sons.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Exodus 33:22

22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

cleft....a hiding place....

Christ.....a Rock in whom we can hide from the glory and holiness of God at the day of judgment.....

How do we hide in Christ and for what reason???
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

wicket evil people

nothing to do with righteousness..they do worse modern then you think
evil is always evil

i don't fill sorry wrote this
nooooooooooo

all prophets see that on front 4000 2000 years ago
byyyyyyyyyy
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
A bizarre statement considering half the Christians on the planet are Catholics.
Christians -- 50/50 Catholic and Protestant.

So in which society do YOU choose to live your only God-given life?

Do you choose to live in a society formed on Reformation ideals or Catholic ideas?

Tell us how YOU walk YOUR talk?

Do you object to the terrible, anti-Catholic (in the day) ideals such as human rights, trial by jury of peers, right to a speedy trial, etc., or do you opt for the more totalitarian Catholic ideals to spend your time here on earth?

e.g. lots and lots of talk from the Catholics, but almost zero walk.

Go figure?
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Look at the world. Where is the evidence of those "perfect" RCC teachings?

Look at the Americas.

Are RCC-majority societies more or less violent?

More or less just?

What do Catholics have against REALITY?

(The answer is obvious.)
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

One true church?

The Vatican was in effect at war with the ideals of the USA for almost a century.

The Vatican was one of the only entities to recognize the South during the U.S. civil war. Why?

But all that changed at Vatican 2.

I guess Jesus got lost for awhile.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So in which society do YOU choose to live your only God-given life?
Do you choose to live in a society formed on Reformation ideals or Catholic ideas?
Tell us how YOU walk YOUR talk?
Do you object to the terrible, anti-Catholic (in the day) ideals such as human rights, trial by jury of peers, right to a speedy trial, etc., or do you opt for the more totalitarian Catholic ideals to spend your time here on earth?
e.g. lots and lots of talk from the Catholics, but almost zero walk.
Go figure?
LOL.

"almost zero walk" save for the largest charitable and educational operations undertaken by any Christian faith.

The rest of your post conveniently insists that we forget that your "reformation ideals" noted had nothing to do with the civil rights you lay out.

You can have your own opinion, FM, but not your own facts.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Truth wrote:
Exodus 33:22
22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
cleft....a hiding place....
Christ.....a Rock in whom we can hide from the glory and holiness of God at the day of judgment.....
How do we hide in Christ and for what reason???
~~~

Your example does not prove OSAS...

Moses did not prepare the hiding place for himself, GOD DID..

When Moses disobeyed God ...GOD DISCIPLINED HIM ...and MOSES was refused the privilege of crossing the Jordan river...and entering into the promised land.

Deu_31:16 And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your example does not prove OSAS...
Moses did not prepare the hiding place for himself, GOD DID..
When Moses disobeyed God ...GOD DISCIPLINED HIM ...and MOSES was refused the privilege of crossing the Jordan river...and entering into the promised land.
Deu_31:16 And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
GIF,

I do not believe in OSAS...
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
One true church?
The Vatican was in effect at war with the ideals of the USA for almost a century.
The Vatican was one of the only entities to recognize the South during the U.S. civil war. Why?
But all that changed at Vatican 2.
I guess Jesus got lost for awhile.
England, Japan, Germany, North Korea all were ACTUALLY at war with the ideals of the USA at verious times, and they were assuredly not Catholic.

The Vatican wasn't at odds with the US at any time. Please cite statements from the Vatican where they denounced the foundation of US civil law.

Thanks.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Non-answer! Care to try again?
What answer are you looking for? I thought you already knew the Catholic and Orthodox teaching on the bread and wine?
In substance it remains.
There. Do you feel your hands are washed now? Ye of little faith.

"The Jews disputed among themselves, saying 'how could this man give us his flesh to eat?"

And then everyone became confused about it for 1,600 yrs. Those silly Apostles forgot to explain their writings to everyone and Christianity was a mess until the Bible could be printed.
I bet Jesus was mad at those guys for messing up His ministry by not explaining the Bread and Wine properly. We're thankfull Our Lord left enough clues hidden in the Gospels for you people to unlock and explain it all correctly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 409,281 - 409,300 of511,528
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

494 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
seduction 23 min touchitmantha 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min It aint necessarily so 679,100
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min Sandeep Singh Sethi 89,361
Gay Snapchat Names 31 min curiousmale16 1,293
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Just Think 216,186
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Epiphany2 596,440
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min Ratloder 109,338
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 7 hr Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 7 hr Oscar 102