Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,480
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424446 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>then tell us how, Hank, you campbellites think you have all the answers.
which is WHY for all the years that you have been on here, that you have named PLENTY of people that received Salvation by being baptised ,right?
When you get yelled at and called names, a long time ago, why bother???

A person's mind is already made up then there is no sense of trying.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424447 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>so why are you so unable to realize that this Experience is whatJesus calls being "born again" by the SPIRIT(notice that ) of the SPIRIT not being baptsied by water.
Hank, every where you try and squirm out of your words, you get squashed on.lol
as you well know and could tell the other campbellite. I aint so dumb when it comes to the Word.
Spirit of God working in your baptism...ABSOLUTELY!!!

In which, you receive the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit" at your baptism....ABSOLUTELY!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424448 Feb 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the thief might have been Baptized by John before being crucified?
Wow. So much for Sola Scripture. You guys like to speculate too much to be considered sola scripturist!
We don't know for sure, Clay....

The Word of God doesn't say.....

Jesus had all authority on earth to forgive his sins....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#424449 Feb 24, 2013
-"For I received from the Lord what I also deliver to you"
-"Do THIS in remembrance of me"
-"THIS is my Body"
-"He who partakes in the bread and wine unworthy, will be sinning against THE BODY AND BLOOD of the Lord"
youtube.com/watch...
preston

Waverly, OH

#424450 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could immediately speak in languages you'd never learned as well as do other miracles, I'd believe you were baptized with the same baptism the Apostles experienced. You can't.
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
show us where Peter spoke in tongues when Jesus breathed on him and he received the Holy Ghost.

that gift is for the unbelievers to show them that it is Real. it doesnt mean that all people speak in tongues.

MY EXPERIENCE IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE AND NOTHING WAS SAID IN JOHN 7 37-39 THAT I WOULD SPEAK IN TONGUES AND I NEVER HAVE

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#424451 Feb 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
marge wrote:
I gave you Scripture not my opinion.
NOT TRUE!---Both you, Confrinting and Marge always give your own "personal opinion" as to what "think" each bible verse means. The FACT is that individual "Bible Only" interpretation of Sacred Scripture is like reading the "editorial section" of your local newspaper. "Everybody" has an opinion!! "Everyone" has a (personal view or judgment! "Everybody's opinion" is the (according to them) is the truth! As in "every" case of Protestant "bible interpretation"--- there exists an (ever-growing)number of over 42,000 conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent "editorial opinions" ALL CLAIMING TO HAVE THE TRUTH!--The fact is that NONE OF THEM even possess--HALF OF THE TRUTH . All a person has to do is to look at the Protestant "bible only" (self)-interpretations of Scripture to see the (hodge=podge) "contradicting (mess) of bible (mis-interpretation that have (bought into} "secular humanism" which has caused a "cancerous immoral degredation" of (an even greater) Protestant (split) within the Christian community! i.e abortion, homosexuality, euthenasia, woman ministers, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, and on and on, whichever way the "political wind" happens to blow next!!---The fact is that there has, is and will continue to be (as it has for over 2000 years, ONLY ONE TRUTH,(not 42,000 contradiction (relative truths)--and that TRUTH is in the TRUE biblical intrepretation and TRUE historical teachings, doctrine and precepts of Jesus Christ, manifested (in and through) Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church in the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and in the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH!!
v
Excellent post!

Eph 4:5 and John 17:11

http://www.philvaz.com/DENOMS.php
++++++++++
Your Total "Christian Denominations" Count for today is 43668
++++++++++2012++++++++++
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424452 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>EVERYBODY.
Salvation comes from beleiving in Jesus Christa and Accepting His Sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary, when He shed His Blood for the sins of the Whole World.
the blood my fan, the Blood.
if is was only water, then His death was in vain. but the time came when the WORD of John Baptising for the remission of sin,
ENDED!!!!!!!!
how some time ago, old campbell and stone decided that they needed to go back in time and introduce Water Baptism again as the only way to gain admission into heaven.
and I must admit, that satan has reigned supreme in your church.SINCE THEN.
How are your sins forgiven, Preston???

Do you wish them away???

Do you write them down and put them in a bottle and send them by the seas???

Do you pray them away???

Do you hope that your sins will just go away and leave you alone???

How do you die to all of these sins???
preston

Waverly, OH

#424453 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the 3000 people added to the church that day were all in the upper room together?
where did I say that?dont be like the dumb OX and play games with the Word of God. it is very unbecom,ing of people to do that.

here is my statement.

you notice that Peter and the other Apostles were not included in that Experience of the Holy Ghost falling on those in the upper Room and

[[[[[[[also in the streets of Jerusalem,]]]]]]

guess what the word [also] means?

no wonder you aint Saved, you cant read and understand the words of the Bible
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424454 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>here is a good question for you since you campbellites follow the Bible, show me the verse where Peter was Baptised by Water.lol
Holy Spirit Baptism requires no water....

Baptism into Christ's death, burial and resurrection requires water baptism....WHY???

#424455 Feb 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually StarC my father never ever told me , Jesus loved me.
I am not pentecostal either.
I have told you many time I am not a believer in religious denominations.
Like HoJO keeps reminding us all there are 42,000. which ine is the right one None is my opinion.
I believe in Christ Jesus and the Grace of God. The more I read on here of the different denominations I can understand why people are so confused.
I am totally sold out to Jesus, And in awe of an awesome God.
and His Amazing Grace.
I pray I will never lose it, I wake at night thanking Him for what it has done in my life, and thank Him for all He has done and the prayers He has answered concerning my family.
I don't know who lil' Amiee is, I don't have a church, I have a
Savior who is the head of the Body of Christ.
Becareful StarC, your horns are starting to spout.
Remember God saves, all different kinds of people regardless of their sin, their religion, so there is still hope for you.
LOL, I’ve seen your horns, years ago.

Don’t warn me, warn yourself. You are still been a one women church.
Jesus started a Church, ONE Church, he didn’t want you to sit home alone and make up your own interpretation of Scripture.

Jesus told Peter “Build MY CHURCH”

BTW... Its 43,668 now - Sad.

Can't you see the confusion here??!!!

Time is running out for you LTM, face the truth.

#424456 Feb 24, 2013
Have a blessed Sunday.

#2nd Sunday of Lent.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424457 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I should've stated under the New Covenant.
Still, there's no evidence the thief had not experienced John's baptism.
Old Covenant was no long in effect when Jesus DIED, and HE DIED BEFORE THE MALEFACTOR DID.

What is a Will?
A Will is a written legal document prepared for one person, called the testator, which sets forth what is to happen after death to his or her property, called the estate, and who is to be named as guardian to care for any minor children. The Will appoints a person called the personal representative (sometimes called the "executor"), who carries out the instructions in the will. A person receiving a gift from your estate is called a "beneficiary."

notice this legal description of a will and what happens after death. and notice also, it also provides for a{guardian} for minor children, WHICH JESUS SPOKE TO JOHN ASKING HIM TO TAKE CARE OF MARY AND HER MINOR(?) CHILDREN(works for me).

the malefactor died [after] the death of Jesus and therefore he was not under the old Covenant and why people say this is beyond me. ignorance. I guess.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424458 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I should've stated under the New Covenant.
Still, there's no evidence the thief had not experienced John's baptism.
According to St. John Chrysostom, the thief dwelt in the desert and robbed or murdered anyone unlucky enough to cross his path. According to Pope Saint Gregory the Great he "was guilty of blood, even his brother's blood; (fratricide)".[3][4][5]

The thief's conversion is sometimes given as an example of the necessary steps one must take to arrive at salvation through Christ: awareness of personal sin, repentance of sin, acceptance of Christ and salvation's promise of eternal life. Further, the argument is presented that baptism is not necessary for salvation since the thief had no opportunity for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Dismas .

and everybody ; DONT BELIEVE THE WORDS OF CLAY. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT THIS NAME IS THE NAME OF THE MALEFACTOR. THIS NAME WAS GIVEN OVER 300 YEARS AFTER THE FACT AND IT ONE OF THEIR (TRADITIONS), NOT BASED ON BIBLICAL FACTS OR TRUTHS.
jose

Cebu, Philippines

#424459 Feb 24, 2013
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
I am a Catholic. I find it rather laudable. Why? The Pope, with his intelligence, cannot anymore refuse to accept the true Church founded by Jesus Christ 2000 yrs ago. No matter how much he thinks "it is not the case", he cannot change the truth by simply thinking "it is not the case". Cartesian thinking is a deception. Descartes says, "I think, therefore I am," meaning that thinking is the basis of whether he exists or not. In the same token, we cannot fashion a Church according to the way we "think" it to be. The pope has not gone too far; he has only voiced out -- what had been voiced out for centuries ago -- what the Church is as it is objectively in itself, not according to how many people "think" it should be. Before leaving the Church, it would be good to make first an exhaustive investigation of the history of the Catholic Church, with the history of philosophy (this is a great help). But, in the long run, it is the question of our souls that matters most. Let us not allow to lose it by allowing it to be disturbed and lost amid the havoc of this apocalyptic age. God bless!
jose

Cebu, Philippines

#424460 Feb 24, 2013
I am a Catholic. I find it rather laudable. Why? The Pope, with his intelligence, cannot anymore refuse to accept the true Church founded by Jesus Christ 2000 yrs ago. No matter how much he thinks "it is not the case", he cannot change the truth by simply thinking "it is not the case". Cartesian thinking is a deception. Descartes says, "I think, therefore I am," meaning that thinking is the basis of whether he exists or not. In the same token, we cannot fashion a Church according to the way we "think" it to be. The pope has not gone too far; he has only voiced out -- what had been voiced out for centuries ago -- what the Church is as it is objectively in itself, not according to how many people "think" it should be. Before leaving the Church, if there is a plan just because of this, it would be good to make first an exhaustive investigation of the history of the Catholic Church, with the history of philosophy (this is a great help). But, in the long run, it is the question of our souls that matters most. Let us not allow to lose it by allowing it to be disturbed and lost amid the havoc of this apocalyptic age. God bless!
preston

Waverly, OH

#424461 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief/Faith is not all, Marge...
worked for the guy nailed to across beside Him, works for me also.

we are to be Baptised because it is what Jesus desires for us to do, but I was saved by His Blood over 9 months before I was baptsied by Water.

and if you beleive that water baptsim ahs Saved you, when You die, you will then KNOW the TRUTH,

BUT IT WILL BE TO LATE FOR YOU THEN.

SAD BUT THAT IS THE WAY GOD PUT INTO THE PLAN OF SALVATION.

IT IS YOUR FAULT, NOT OURS. YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD. YOU LEFT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ( i THINK THAT YOU HAVE SAID THAT IN THE PAST, IF NOT i APOLOGIZE),

BUT I DONT APOLOGIZE FOR BEING TRUTHFUL WITH YOU ABOUT YOUR FALSE CHURCH
marge

Ames, IA

#424462 Feb 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
-"For I received from the Lord what I also deliver to you"
-"Do THIS in remembrance of me"
-"THIS is my Body"
-"He who partakes in the bread and wine unworthy, will be sinning against THE BODY AND BLOOD of the Lord"
youtube.com/watch...
Did you read in 1 Cor 11 how the corinthians were sinning against the body and blood of the Lord?
preston

Waverly, OH

#424463 Feb 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
My oh my.... we leave you protestant alone and you become more protestant.#witheachother.
God Bless Pope B-16!!
www.romereports.com/palio/saying-farewell-to-...
February 24, 2013,( Romereports.com )(-ONLY VIDEO-)
“The Lord is calling me 'out to the mountain' to devote more time to prayer and meditation, but this does not mean I'm abandoning the Church. In fact, if God is asking this of me, it's precisely to continue serving the Church with the same dedication and love with which I have served so far, but in a way that's more suited for my age and strength.”
--------Pope Benedict XVI
VATICAN CITY, Feb. 24, 2013
More than 100,000 pilgrims came to St. Peter's Square today to attend Pope Benedict XVI's last Sunday prayer and blessing. The crowd interrupted the pope several times with applause, but Benedict was business as usual.
Apparently he is not big on goodbyes.
This was the last time the world will see him in the window for his Sunday noon appointment with the faithful.
nothinjg has changed for us star,we still stand against false teachings, catholic or campbellites, or sda. whatever.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424464 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>show us where Peter spoke in tongues when Jesus breathed on him and he received the Holy Ghost.
that gift is for the unbelievers to show them that it is Real. it doesnt mean that all people speak in tongues.
MY EXPERIENCE IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE AND NOTHING WAS SAID IN JOHN 7 37-39 THAT I WOULD SPEAK IN TONGUES AND I NEVER HAVE
John 7:39

39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

cross references:

Joel 2:28

28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

Acts 2:17

17 “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.

Acts 2:33

33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

John 20:22

22 And with that he breathed on them and said,“Receive the Holy Spirit.

John 12:23

23 Jesus replied,“The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.

Holy Spirit Baptism.....not a command to all men of all time.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424465 Feb 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my interest..
Quote: and no one can say that they were unsaved until jesus told them to Receive the Holy Ghost. I just dont believe that!
Are you saying because they were baptized by John, they were saved, and when they received the Holy Ghost, they were saved again???
not my fault if you get roiled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 763,184
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed (May '14) 13 min Ron 46
moms do you like to keep your young sons bottom... (May '12) 13 min weirdworld 15
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Lost In Transition 174,971
Old Earth/All Life Will Be Destroyed, Maybe By ... 28 min Kinseys Dad 2
The Book of Chess (Aug '13) 47 min Chess Jurist 41
fun wanted 1 hr funonly1973 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr truth 263,318
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr LAWEST100 603,495
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE