Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646698 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424641 Feb 25, 2013
535
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Its having the humility to leave judgment to God and not think that you are better than everyone else.
So...Catholics, having only hope of going to Heaven, having no assurance, as guaranteed by God, can sleep at night because they have the humility to leave judgment to God and not think that they are better than everyone else...

How enlightening!!!!! Thanks for the info...
preston

Athens, OH

#424642 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
You made that up too, I guess.
Better?
Next time, do some homework before you post BS up, unless of course you enjoy being exposed as a fraud.
WHEN DID YOU EXPOSE ME dAN?
preston

Athens, OH

#424643 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of any Church with glass cases of bones displayed. A link would be nice.
In any event, a candle would have been lit for respect while praying. Not because they thought the guy needed light.
You're pretty ignorant. I'm not knocking Southerners, but many down there don't take kindly to anything they ain't used too seeing. Everything is dumb to them because sometimes they can't grasp that other people 'might do things different' or sometimes,'might look a little different'. I know Ohio is the Midwest, but man I was in Cincinnati and they are definitely southerners there.
WELL AROUND HERE, WE DONT LIGHT CANDLES FOR DEAD MEN BONES.

but alongside those bones were a helmut and some body armor that goes back hundreds of years ago, remember that also.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424644 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHEN DID YOU EXPOSE ME dAN?
You actually did that to yourself.
preston

Athens, OH

#424645 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not ignorant. You're giving him too much credit.
He was just lying.
here clay wanted a link. might help you 2.lol

http://gloria.tv/...
preston

Athens, OH

#424646 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the help. No source cited, but..
Now, where's that exposition you owe us on John 2 1-11-the one where "wine" isn't "wine" and the wedding guests at Cana are "already drunk"?
google dead saints. my browser will not allow me to open up these links.

Incorrupt Saints on Display)google these words and see many dead people in your churches.lol)
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424647 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's abundantly more accountable than the "amazing factoids" you post.
Great Dan. I'm more than happy to defend my "factoids" here.

However, I cannot defend myself unless I know which factoid(s) you are talking about. Do you?

If you do, please state. A link to refute would be helpful.

Or maybe you're just angry? I understand. It's tough when your faith is a comedy club staple worldwide.

But I'm open to debate, if you dare to give specifics.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424648 Feb 25, 2013
642 478
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHEN DID YOU EXPOSE ME dAN?
Howabotit preston????????

I am waiting for your answer to my questions: "Are you saying because they were baptized by John, they were saved, and when they received the Holy Ghost, they were saved again???

Why can you not answer my question???

465 388

preston wrote:
<quoted text>not my fault if you get roiled.
----------

I did not ask you if you are the cause if I get roiled...

I did ask: Are you saying because they were baptized by John, they were saved, and when they received the Holy Ghost, they were saved again???

Why can you not answer my question???
preston

Athens, OH

#424649 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually did that to yourself.
you were the person that was going to prove me WRONG, and you cant LOL.

anyway your church today is full of dead people WALKING AROUND and like you, they dont know they are dead(in their trespasses)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#424650 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about drunkenness?
I didn't.
I said "drinking isn't a sin". Your passages support this notion. It says "in excess".
~~~

You left off the rest of the verse that says...but

be filled with the Spirit;

~~~

The OLD TESTAMENT SAYS..

Pro_20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Isa 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
Isa 28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

___

THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 5:18 --> And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424651 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>here clay wanted a link. might help you 2.lol
http://gloria.tv/...
I never said that relics didn't exist.

I said you hadn't seen any in Tucson.
preston

Athens, OH

#424652 Feb 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrupt Saints on Display
•St. Andrew Bobola
Church of St. Andrew Bobola, Warsaw, Poland
Died in 1657, discovered incorrupt 1697.
•St. Bernadette Soubirous
Convent of St. Gildard, Nevers, France
The visionary of Lourdes, died 1879. Surely the most beautiful corpse you'll ever see (with some help from wax).
•Mother Cabriani
Mother Cabrini High School Chapel, New York City, USA
Italian-born nun, died in Chicago 1917.
•St. Catherine Labouré
Chapel, Rue du Bac, Paris, France
A Mary visionary, exhumed after 56 years.
•St. Catherine of Bologna
Died 1463, has been on display in an upright position for over 500 years.
•St. Clare of Assisi
Basilica di Santa Chiara, Assisi, Italy
Died 1253.
•St. Clare of Montefalco
Church of the Holy Cross, Montefalco, Italy
Body and heart with cross imprint enshrined separately.
•Dashi-Dorzho Itigilov
Ivolginsky Datsan, Siberia, Russia
A rare Buddhist example: a monk who died in the lotus position in 1927 and remains seated and undecayed today.
•St. Etheldreda
St Etheldreda’s Catholic Church, Ely, England
Just her hand is on display.
•St. Francis Xavier
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa, India
Most of incorrupt body on display in a silver casket.
•St. John Vianney
Shrine of St. John Vianney, Ars, France
Beloved parish priest of Ars, died 1859, exhumed 1904.
•St. Padre Pio
San Giovanni Rotondo, Southern Italy
Died 1968. Exhumed and temporarily(?) on display from April 24, 2008 to mark the 40th anniversary of his death.
•Pope John XXIII
St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
On display in a glass casket.
•Blessed Paula Frassinetti
Chapel of the Convent of Santa Dorotea in Rome, Italy
Died in 1882, exhumed 1906.
•St. Rita of Cascia
Basilica of St Rita, Cascia, Italy
The patron saint of hopeless cases, died 1457. Her body has been seen in different positions in the glass case and her eyes have opened and closed unaided.
•St. Sperandia
Benedictine Convent, Cingoli, Italy
Died 1276, exhumed eight times, the last in 1952. Said to exude a sweet fragrance ("odor of sanctity").
•St. Teresa Margaret
Monastery of St. Teresa, Florence, Italy
Died 1770, exhumed 1783.
•St. Vincent Pallotti
Church of St. Salvatore, Onda, Italy
Died 1850, exhumed 1906 and 1950.
•St. Zita
Basilica of St. Frediano, Lucca, Italy
Died 1278.
unlike clay and Dan, We know waht we are talking about. ole dan was going to show the world that I was wrong and was lying, yet he couldnt and cant. thanks for the info, I found that quickly.
preston

Athens, OH

#424653 Feb 25, 2013
here is where LTM got this info.

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/sacred-sit...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#424654 Feb 25, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If Luke's writing was inspired by the Holy Ghost, it was basically Jesus enlightening him.
Are you suggesting Luke is wrong about something?
Why are you diverting from answering the question?

Let's try it again.

Do you now find Luke more enlightened than Jesus?

Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424655 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells us that you continue to run out anecdotes without citing them as statements of fact at which we should all gaze in wonderment.
Same old routine.
You ask. I provide. You are welcome.

(Next, you will avoid, but to be fair, what else can you do really?)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/05/us-...

(Reuters)- "The Vatican's new sexual crimes prosecutor on Tuesday acknowledged that the U.S. media "did a service" to the Catholic Church through its aggressive reporting on child abuse that helped the Church "confront the truth".

NOTE: this after decades of Vatican officials attacking the U.S. media, claiming for years that it was all a media invention.

So much for those perfect teachings on morals.

Memo to the RCC -- child rape is wrong. Glad Jesus supposed "only true church" was able to finally confront the truth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424656 Feb 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Dan. I'm more than happy to defend my "factoids" here.
However, I cannot defend myself unless I know which factoid(s) you are talking about. Do you?
If you do, please state. A link to refute would be helpful.
Or maybe you're just angry? I understand. It's tough when your faith is a comedy club staple worldwide.
But I'm open to debate, if you dare to give specifics.
Simply cite the statement in the post I responded to.
preston

Athens, OH

#424657 Feb 25, 2013
here is where the guy that church was named after is buried.

Burials and relics
He was first buried on a beach at Shangchuan Island. His incorrupt body was taken from the island in February 1553 and was temporarily buried in St. Paul's church in Portuguese Malacca on 22 March 1553. An open grave in the church now marks the place of Xavier's burial. Pereira came back from Goa, removed the corpse shortly after 15 April 1553, and moved it to his house. On 11 December 1553, Xavier's body was shipped to Goa. The body is now in the Basilica of Bom Jesus in Goa, where it was placed in a glass container encased in a silver casket on 2 December 1637.

SO IT SEEMS AS IT ISNT UNCOMMON FOR PEOPLES BONES TO BE INCLOSED IN GLASS AT CATHOLIC CHURCHES.LOL

AND DAN CAN FIND OUT WHO THAT PERSON IS AT THE LAST JUDGEMENT.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424658 Feb 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You left off the rest of the verse that says...but
be filled with the Spirit;
~~~
The OLD TESTAMENT SAYS..
Pro_20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Isa 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
Isa 28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.
___
THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Eph 5:18 --> And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I got it.

Don't drink wine in excess. Be filled instead with the Spirit.

Still says don't drink wine in excess.
preston

Athens, OH

#424659 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that relics didn't exist.
I said you hadn't seen any in Tucson.
WELL THEN PROVE IT AS YOU SAID THAT YOU WERE GOING TO DO.
lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424660 Feb 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask. I provide. You are welcome.
(Next, you will avoid, but to be fair, what else can you do really?)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/05/us-...
(Reuters)- "The Vatican's new sexual crimes prosecutor on Tuesday acknowledged that the U.S. media "did a service" to the Catholic Church through its aggressive reporting on child abuse that helped the Church "confront the truth".
NOTE: this after decades of Vatican officials attacking the U.S. media, claiming for years that it was all a media invention.
So much for those perfect teachings on morals.
Memo to the RCC -- child rape is wrong. Glad Jesus supposed "only true church" was able to finally confront the truth.
I missed the part where the official stated that they didn't think it was wrong until the media told them it was.

Where's that part? That was your claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 15 min KellyP in Jersey 2,078
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 26 min sno333 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 42 min Bongo 48,934
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,758
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 hr Hey U 5
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,730
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Bunz7893 44,699
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web