Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,450)

Showing posts 408,981 - 409,000 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The questions to be answered are:
Which baptism was Paul referring to in Eph. 4? Was it the baptism that happened to the Apostles?
Was it John's baptism?
Was it the baptism for the remission of sins and to receive the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38)?
Why do those who believe they are baptized with the baptism the apostles experienced, why can they not do the magnificent things the Apostles could? Also, why do they practice another baptism to 'symbolize' something? Why practice two, if Paul says there is One (Eph. 4)?
Is Paul incorrect?
The Bible clearly mentions 3 different kind of Baptism, John's Baptism was one of Water.

Ephesians 4 speaking of a holy baptism, not a common one. That is, the “one baptism” of which Paul speaks is not the common baptism of washing plates and cups before you eat out of them. Paul is clearly discussing a holy baptism, given the context of his discussion.
Paul is discussing is a baptism of suffering or something like that. Just as there is one Lord, one Father, one faith, one hope, one Spirit, there is one baptism.
baptism of fire? Well, in Matthew 3: verse 12.“Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” This does not sound like salvation to me. This sounds like condemnation. Baptism in fire is something that you don’t want. Jesus will baptize in fire those who have not obeyed his gospel at the second coming according to 2 Thessalonians 1:8. So, I am sure that this is not the baptism that Paul was discussing in Ephesians 4:5.

Matthew 3:11 mentions three: baptism of water, baptism of the Holy Spirit, and baptism of fire. John the baptizer says,“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.”
Hebrews 9:10 where it says “divers washings.” The word “washings” is translated from the Greek word baptizo. This is probably something similar to what the Pharisees practiced as mentioned in Mark 7:4 and Luke 11:38 where the verb “wash” is also translated from the same word. Matthew 20:22 also speaks of a different kind of baptism–a baptism of sufferings. Finally, we come to Acts 8:38 and we see Phillip taking the Ethiopian down into the water and baptizing him based upon the confession of Christ. So we have at least six different ways in which the word is used in the New Testament. There is baptism 1) in water of John, 2) of the Holy Spirit, 3) of Fire, 4) Washing, 5) of Suffering, and 6) In water of Christ.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Acts 1:5. In this passage, Jesus says,“For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.” The context tells us that Jesus was talking to the apostles (v.2 and 4). They were going to be baptized with the Holy Spirit. So we know what baptism of the Holy Spirit looks like per Acts 2:1-4. It is not water baptism. It is not baptism that is for the whole world. It was a limited baptism administered by Jesus to the apostles in Acts 2, per Jesus own words in Acts 1. There is only one other instance of Holy Spirit baptism within the New Testament and that is in Acts 10 when the Holy Spirit came upon Cornelius on his household. Concerning this situation, Peter says in Acts 11:15, 16,“And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.” So Cornelius was baptized of the Holy Spirit as well. However, you will notice that in Acts 10:48 Peter commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. They had already been baptized in the Holy Spirit, so now, in what is Peter commanding them to be baptized if not water? Well, if Holy Spirit baptism is the one baptism of Ephesians 4:5, then why was Cornelius and his house commanded to be baptized in water? We conclude from this that while Holy Spirit baptism is an involuntary baptism, water baptism is a baptism of command, that is, a voluntary one.
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible clearly mentions 3 different kind of Baptism, John's Baptism was one of Water.
Ephesians 4 speaking of a holy baptism, not a common one. That is, the “one baptism” of which Paul speaks is not the common baptism of washing plates and cups before you eat out of them. Paul is clearly discussing a holy baptism, given the context of his discussion.
Paul is discussing is a baptism of suffering or something like that. Just as there is one Lord, one Father, one faith, one hope, one Spirit, there is one baptism.
baptism of fire? Well, in Matthew 3: verse 12.“Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” This does not sound like salvation to me. This sounds like condemnation. Baptism in fire is something that you don’t want. Jesus will baptize in fire those who have not obeyed his gospel at the second coming according to 2 Thessalonians 1:8. So, I am sure that this is not the baptism that Paul was discussing in Ephesians 4:5.
Matthew 3:11 mentions three: baptism of water, baptism of the Holy Spirit, and baptism of fire. John the baptizer says,“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.”
Hebrews 9:10 where it says “divers washings.” The word “washings” is translated from the Greek word baptizo. This is probably something similar to what the Pharisees practiced as mentioned in Mark 7:4 and Luke 11:38 where the verb “wash” is also translated from the same word. Matthew 20:22 also speaks of a different kind of baptism–a baptism of sufferings. Finally, we come to Acts 8:38 and we see Phillip taking the Ethiopian down into the water and baptizing him based upon the confession of Christ. So we have at least six different ways in which the word is used in the New Testament. There is baptism 1) in water of John, 2) of the Holy Spirit, 3) of Fire, 4) Washing, 5) of Suffering, and 6) In water of Christ.
That's clear as mud.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The questions to be answered are:
Which baptism was Paul referring to in Eph. 4? Was it the baptism that happened to the Apostles?
Was it John's baptism?
Was it the baptism for the remission of sins and to receive the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38)?
Why do those who believe they are baptized with the baptism the apostles experienced, why can they not do the magnificent things the Apostles could? Also, why do they practice another baptism to 'symbolize' something? Why practice two, if Paul says there is One (Eph. 4)?
Is Paul incorrect?
Have you been baptized, by the Holy Spirit Sadan I would like to hear your testemony.
I was Baptized by the Holy Spirit 2 months before I was Baptized in Water. There is a big difference Sadan.
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Acts 1:5. In this passage, Jesus says,“For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.” The context tells us that Jesus was talking to the apostles (v.2 and 4). They were going to be baptized with the Holy Spirit. So we know what baptism of the Holy Spirit looks like per Acts 2:1-4. It is not water baptism. It is not baptism that is for the whole world. It was a limited baptism administered by Jesus to the apostles in Acts 2, per Jesus own words in Acts 1. There is only one other instance of Holy Spirit baptism within the New Testament and that is in Acts 10 when the Holy Spirit came upon Cornelius on his household. Concerning this situation, Peter says in Acts 11:15, 16,“And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.” So Cornelius was baptized of the Holy Spirit as well. However, you will notice that in Acts 10:48 Peter commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. They had already been baptized in the Holy Spirit, so now, in what is Peter commanding them to be baptized if not water? Well, if Holy Spirit baptism is the one baptism of Ephesians 4:5, then why was Cornelius and his house commanded to be baptized in water? We conclude from this that while Holy Spirit baptism is an involuntary baptism, water baptism is a baptism of command, that is, a voluntary one.
We are not baptized as the Apostles and Cornelius were. Cornelius was baptized in that way to prove to the Apostles and others that the gospel was intended for everyone, not just the Jew.

Today there is only one true baptism. It places you in Christ and is for remission of sins. No scripture contradicts this fact.
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been baptized, by the Holy Spirit Sadan I would like to hear your testemony.
I was Baptized by the Holy Spirit 2 months before I was Baptized in Water. There is a big difference Sadan.
Acts 2:38
After hearing, believing, repenting, confessing, and being baptized for the remission of my sins I received the gift of the Holy Ghost, was added to the church, the body, of which He is 'head', the Kingdom, of which he is King, Spiritual Israel, New Jerusalem. It placed me "in Christ", my Ark, "THE door".
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

-Mana 2 fish and 5 bread
-Miracle transform water into wine
-be bless who is pure in heart
God listen prayers.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

341 330 315
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe everything that is printed in the predominantly jewish run media you fool!
True or false?
MRS. CLARE SHERIDAN, Traveler, Lecturer in NEW YORK WORLD, December 15, 1923
"The Communists are Jews, and Russia is being entirely administered by them. They are in every government office, bureau and newspaper. They are driving out the Russians and are responsible for the anti-Semitic feeling which is increasing."
True or false?
CARDINAL MINDSZENTY, of Hungary quoted in B'nai B'rith Messenger, January 28, 1949
"The troblemakers in Hungary are the Jews... they demoralize our country and they are the leaders of the revolutionary gang that is torturing Hungary."
Gotta be false
True or false?
HILAIRE BELLOC, renown historian in G. K.'s WEEKLY, February 4, 1937
"The propaganda of Communism throughout the world, in organization and direction is in the hands of Jewish agents. As for anyone who does not know that the Bolshevist movement in Russia is Jewish, I can only say that he must be a man who is taken in by the suppression of our deplorable press."
False
True or false?
A. HOMER, writes in Judaism and Bolshevism, page 7
"History shows that the Jew has always been, by nature, a revolutionary and that, since the dispersion of his race in the second century, he has either initiated or assisted revolutionary movements in religion, politics and finance, which weakened the power of the States wherein he dwelt. On the other hand, a few far-seeing members of that race have always been at hand to reap financial and political advantage coincident with such upheavals."
Ask again later
True or false?
COUNT HELMUTH VON MOLTKE, Prussian general
"The Jews form a state, and, obeying their own laws, they evade those of their host country.
The Jews always consider an oath regarding a Christian not binding. During the Campaign of 1812 the Jews were spies, they were paid by both sides, they betrayed both sides."
True or false?
HARRINGTON, LORD. 19th century British statesman. Opposed admission of Jewish immigrants to England because:
"They are the great moneylenders and loan contractors of the world... The consequence is that the nations of the world are groaning under heavy systems of taxation and national debt. They have ever been the greatest enemies of freedom.(Speech in the House of Lords, July 12, 1858)
Impossible
Mark Twain gave you some good advice...you should accept it!!!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ACCORDING TO ROMANS 10:9-10 ...
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
CONFESSING WITH YOUR MOUTH....AND BELIEVING IN YOUR HEART. ARE ESSENTIAL ACTIONS (ON THE PART OF THE SINNERS ) IN BEING BORN AGAIN...
330 315

That changes not the truth...per Scripture:

My Bible says: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

My Bible does not say: Confess Christ as Saviour....

And..no matter what else you do...be baptized....confess whatever to whoever, no matter how many candles you burn, no matter how many rosaries you repeat, no matter how many times you confess to your priest, etc etc etc, if you do not meet the strict requirement given by Christ....you can forget about Heaven....you will never see it!!!

Quote: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, I am not Catholic. The truth is staring me in the face (Acts 2:38-41).
The truth is staring you straight in the face...yet you deny it....

If you don't believe...pack your lunch...bring fans..Jumping in the river will not change your destination!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

we not going where is satan..no.

many many many will come in my name its not me..

Your real Creator left symbol on your hand ''N''.
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Gerard

Batu Caves, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Jesus did not and does not compel anyone to join or leave his church. The sins in the church is not new. It was there even when Christ walked upon the earth as man. The current sex scandals are simply sensationalism to destroy our faith. the lukewarm. Wil ponder leaving, and some will. the steadfast will ask the lord for strength to carry the current cross and persevere in our faith, like Peter did.

What Jesus asks of us is to believe and love God and neighbor. It is not easy but he showed us it can be done! Stay the course, pray for the fallen, wayward, if you may, priests. Don't condemn them but don!t condone their sins either. Ask for God's mercies upon them and upon all of us. Compassion and understanding, repentance and returning to the father, is what Jesus asks of us. That is the true Christian!

Gerard

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Gerard wrote:
Jesus did not and does not compel anyone to join or leave his church. The sins in the church is not new. It was there even when Christ walked upon the earth as man. The current sex scandals are simply sensationalism to destroy our faith. the lukewarm. Wil ponder leaving, and some will. the steadfast will ask the lord for strength to carry the current cross and persevere in our faith, like Peter did.
What Jesus asks of us is to believe and love God and neighbor. It is not easy but he showed us it can be done! Stay the course, pray for the fallen, wayward, if you may, priests. Don't condemn them but don!t condone their sins either. Ask for God's mercies upon them and upon all of us. Compassion and understanding, repentance and returning to the father, is what Jesus asks of us. That is the true Christian!
Gerard
But and however, you can also be baptized....confess whatever to whoever, burn all the candles you want, repeat "forever" the rosary, confess to your priest 12 times a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, if you do not meet the strict requirement given by Christ....you can forget about Heaven....you will never see it!!!

Quote: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is staring you straight in the face...yet you deny it....
If you don't believe...pack your lunch...bring fans..Jumping in the river will not change your destination!!!!
Your right. Jumping in the river, won't. Being baptized for the remission of sins will. You are also right that it stares us in the face (Acts 2:38-41) on the day the church was established yet it is denied.

I don't understand your packing a lunch and brining a fan. Is that additional tradition of man that is followed as if its religion? Frankly, it doesn't require packing a lunch or a fan and to require such be a prerequisite to baptism would be to denominationalize Christ's church.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe everything that is printed in the predominantly jewish run media you fool!
True or false?
MRS. CLARE SHERIDAN, Traveler, Lecturer in NEW YORK WORLD, December 15, 1923
"The Communists are Jews, and Russia is being entirely administered by them. They are in every government office, bureau and newspaper. They are driving out the Russians and are responsible for the anti-Semitic feeling which is increasing."
True or false?
CARDINAL MINDSZENTY, of Hungary quoted in B'nai B'rith Messenger, January 28, 1949
"The troblemakers in Hungary are the Jews... they demoralize our country and they are the leaders of the revolutionary gang that is torturing Hungary."
Gotta be false
True or false?
HILAIRE BELLOC, renown historian in G. K.'s WEEKLY, February 4, 1937
"The propaganda of Communism throughout the world, in organization and direction is in the hands of Jewish agents. As for anyone who does not know that the Bolshevist movement in Russia is Jewish, I can only say that he must be a man who is taken in by the suppression of our deplorable press."
False
True or false?
A. HOMER, writes in Judaism and Bolshevism, page 7
"History shows that the Jew has always been, by nature, a revolutionary and that, since the dispersion of his race in the second century, he has either initiated or assisted revolutionary movements in religion, politics and finance, which weakened the power of the States wherein he dwelt. On the other hand, a few far-seeing members of that race have always been at hand to reap financial and political advantage coincident with such upheavals."
Ask again later
True or false?
COUNT HELMUTH VON MOLTKE, Prussian general
"The Jews form a state, and, obeying their own laws, they evade those of their host country.
The Jews always consider an oath regarding a Christian not binding. During the Campaign of 1812 the Jews were spies, they were paid by both sides, they betrayed both sides."
True or false?
HARRINGTON, LORD. 19th century British statesman. Opposed admission of Jewish immigrants to England because:
"They are the great moneylenders and loan contractors of the world... The consequence is that the nations of the world are groaning under heavy systems of taxation and national debt. They have ever been the greatest enemies of freedom.(Speech in the House of Lords, July 12, 1858)
Impossible
You sound like a couple of Popes.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

"New Yorkers React To Reports Of Vatican Sex Ring Scandal, Pope’s Resignation"

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/23/new-yo...

On behalf of the Roman Catholic Church -- we offer an apology to the world.
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:38
After hearing, believing, repenting, confessing, and being baptized for the remission of my sins I received the gift of the Holy Ghost, was added to the church, the body, of which He is 'head', the Kingdom, of which he is King, Spiritual Israel, New Jerusalem. It placed me "in Christ", my Ark, "THE door".
Forgot to highlight it IS being "born again" too
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Gerard wrote:
Gerard
Yep, the thousands of abused children are just a test.

In fact, the scandal must have been guided by Jesus, because after all, He guides this church.

It all makes sense.

Forget accountability, forget consequences -- Jesus wanted a state-church with it's own bank -- complete with decades-long banking scandals.

It all fits now. Thank you.

PS - ignore that stuff about knowing them by their deeds. That makes no sense at all.
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/acts/8-36.htm

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Salvation in 4 words

Salvation-needed....... Rom 3:23
Salvation-provided....... 1 Peter 2:24
Salvation-offered....... Eph 2:8
Salvation-accepted....... 1 John 5:12

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 408,981 - 409,000 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

397 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Epiphany2 598,701
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Hidingfromyou 715,732
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Hidingfromyou 222,987
loan shark needed 28 min Benson 4
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr sexy boy 323
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr ocxz 114,504
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 255,490
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jennifer 93,107
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 14 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••